I am sorry for the friends I have lost. A monologue of regret.

Actually, Sherry, that's exactly why. But for some reason I think the person I debate with here is as real as a person I meet on the street. So are you less of a person because I met you on a forum? What does that make me?

A person who has unrealistic expectations and is setting himself up for failure...you're clearly more determined to justify your actions than listen to an alternate perspective. Good luck.

No, I don't expect anything out of anyone, perhaps that's why I don't care to make real friends in my world. Perhaps I've had too many of them betray me and let me down because I didn't meld with them or their precepts. It isn't that I wasn't listening to you, you made the assumption that it was something that could be solved easily with a couple of paragraphs. I am determined to believe that you can't measure the 'realness' of a person by whether they sit behind a keyboard or are standing in front of you. Both of them are living, breathing human beings. It's equally disappointing to lose either one as a friend. But now... maybe I should stop digging my own grave.

Thank you for your efforts.

No, you're making the assumption...I never implied anything of the sort. I just tried to help open your eyes to some things that you should reflect upon, because from my observations, your lack of self-esteem has been your guiding force in the decision making process of your choice in relationship building. You have poor interpersonal skills because you are too focused on your intrapersonal development.

I am sorry for the friends I have lost. A monologue of regret.
When will you start a thread apologizing for being a narcissistic prima donna?

You obviously have issues, seek out counseling soon.

And dwelling on ‘regret’ and the past is the worst thing you can do.

When will you make a thread apologizing for how much of a jerk you were just then?

I have never understood how people can garner that I am a narcissist.

Because you are a narcissist.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, but you seek fulfillment and you just aren't going to get it here.

If I cannot get along with people here, what makes me think I'll get along with people in my real life? I don't understand how one relationship is less valuable than another...

First, human face to face interactions have more than just written text to convey information. Also, on this board you come off as a bit of an entitled drama queen looking for attention. We don't get to see the whole person and we largely don't care because most people are concerned with those that are active participants in their lives. You aren't an active participant for most of us here.

Also, you should rethink your perspective of living a life depending on others for your basic needs. Barring that, you should rethink the time you spend posting here. Most of us do it to relax and blow off steam after working to provide for our families. You seem to do this as a form of having "something to do." If you need to do something, start a charity site.

So, am I the only "drama queen" here? I don't rely on people for my needs. I make my own meals and buy my own clothes. I used to pay my own bills. Getting a job is impossible given the emotional issues I have. Sociability is not my strongsuit.

Don't worry, though. I'm done bothering people about it. I used to believe that reaching out would invariably find a hand to grab on to. I guess that's not the case anymore. If people only knew why I post here to begin with.

When will you start a thread apologizing for being a narcissistic prima donna?

You obviously have issues, seek out counseling soon.

And dwelling on ‘regret’ and the past is the worst thing you can do.

When will you make a thread apologizing for how much of a jerk you were just then?

I have never understood how people can garner that I am a narcissist.

Because you are a narcissist.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, but you seek fulfillment and you just aren't going to get it here.

I have sought fulfillment in more places than one. A job, a career set via a college education... none of them panned out. So, I am resorting to this. It is undignified, yet my only recourse right now.

I am sorry my views displease, hurt, or downright appall you. I am sorry if what I believe is disconcerting or confusing to you. I am not here to please anyone. But one thing I do care about, are my friends. I am sorry if I have hurt you, but I honestly cannot change my opinions or my beliefs so they do not hurt you less. If I am not your ideal of a man, so be it. A role model I am not, a model Christian I am not. But honesty is so important to me, that I dare not hide from it. If my honesty displeases or hurts you, then I am sorry. But I will not stop. It hurts when people break friendships with you for being honest, or holding some sort of view. I cannot fathom holding back the truth for the sake of a friendship. I grew up being taught never to keep secrets or hold back for fear of offending someone, because essentially they are both forms of lying. I cannot imagine doing no greater disservice to a friend, than to keep the truth from them.

So if my forthrightness is harmful, then so be it. I am sorry, but I shall not stop. It is a blessing to me that I can speak my mind and revere the truth. I don't want to lose friends over it, but I will not sacrifice my honesty, my views or who I am for their sensibilities. It is not in my being to coddle anyone. I wasn't. From day one, I was exposed to the reality of life. I regret losing my friends. I wish I had some of them back, but that is the price I paid for being who and what I am. But knowing this, I am pleading with one in particular, @Pogo to understand. For now, I appear to be a villain in his eyes, and I fear that I have yet lost another friend for want of staying true to what I am. I am beginning to believe that losing my friends is not worth striving for this goal. But then I remember. Those whom despise you, those who are offended at you, or those who part ways with you, can be some of the greatest teachers you will ever have in life. Perhaps I should thank them if I ever see them again.

But for now, I regret what I have become, for it seems now that it has done more harm than good. For that, I am sorry for the friends I have lost.

You should do more and pontificate less.

And how exactly do I 'pontificate'?

You talk about yourself a lot.

And yet you've really done nothing with your life.

One other thing. I would seek counseling, but each and every one I have seen has failed to remedy the problems I had. Not to mention that paying for one is beyond my own capabilities. So, to say I need counseling is an understatement. Do you really think I like posting on political boards about my problems? We all have them, but as I have done before, I have shown support for those who needed it... I reasonably assumed I would receive the same response back.

Unless you live in an isolated location, chances are that you have access to free counseling of some sort...but it sounds like you've made up your mind. Also, why would you choose to post about yourself in such a manner when it has not turned out well...it feeds your issues further, but I have no desire to try and diagnose you. I would think there are more appropriate online venues for such discussions, and as asterism mentioned, use this forum strictly for sound debate and/or entertainment...exhibit some self-control and avoid futile self-indulgent postings and you might just start to garner some self-respect.

If I cannot get along with people here, what makes me think I'll get along with people in my real life? I don't understand how one relationship is less valuable than another...

First, human face to face interactions have more than just written text to convey information. Also, on this board you come off as a bit of an entitled drama queen looking for attention. We don't get to see the whole person and we largely don't care because most people are concerned with those that are active participants in their lives. You aren't an active participant for most of us here.

Also, you should rethink your perspective of living a life depending on others for your basic needs. Barring that, you should rethink the time you spend posting here. Most of us do it to relax and blow off steam after working to provide for our families. You seem to do this as a form of having "something to do." If you need to do something, start a charity site.

So, am I the only "drama queen" here?

No, you aren't the only drama queen here.

I don't rely on people for my needs. I make my own meals and buy my own clothes. I used to pay my own bills. Getting a job is impossible given the emotional issues I have. Sociability is not my strongsuit.

You rely on others for your needs. You don't provide for yourself.

Don't worry, though. I'm done bothering people about it. I used to believe that reaching out would invariably find a hand to grab on to. I guess that's not the case anymore. If people only knew why I post here to begin with.

You posted awhile ago asking for advice on getting a job. As the conversation evolved, you revealed that you aren't going to accept a job that precludes you going to a family reunion. You also refused the services of someone who is a professional at assisting people looking for a job.

You don't want a job, you want an excuse. You're one of the moochers I disdain every time I have to read about how much of my tax dollars go towards fraud in the entitlement system.

You should do more and pontificate less.

Sure, guilty as charged. Who doesn't? Who doesn't go on about having a bad day at work, or having the best day of their life? Who doesn't talk about something that went on during their day? What makes what I do so different?

Nevermind, though. I did say I would stop. So I will.

Haters gonna hate bro

haters-gonna-hate.jpg

Sure, guilty as charged. Who doesn't? Who doesn't go on about having a bad day at work, or having the best day of their life? Who doesn't talk about something that went on during their day? What makes what I do so different?

If you can't find a paying job, then go out and volunteer for something that you feel passionately about...then you too can have real life experiences to internalize and discuss. What is the worst thing that you imagine happening if you went to an animal shelter or assisted living center and had the opportunity to make a difference side by side with other human beings??

I don't rely on people for my needs. I make my own meals and buy my own clothes. I used to pay my own bills. Getting a job is impossible given the emotional issues I have. Sociability is not my strongsuit.

You posted awhile ago asking for advice on getting a job. As the conversation evolved, you revealed that you aren't going to accept a job that precludes you going to a family reunion. You also refused the services of someone who is a professional at assisting people looking for a job.

You don't want a job, you want an excuse. You're one of the moochers I disdain every time I have to read about how much of my tax dollars go towards fraud in the entitlement system.

Interesting. First of all, I have never taken a dime from this government. That last thing I want is you paying for my needs. At least I am thoughtful enough not to. I had a job in 2012. I fully expected to have it for a long, long time. I paid my own bills, I bought my own clothes, compensated my grandmother for taking me to work. I bought my own food, I paid for the groceries and even paid off my grandmother's car payments.

But my anxiety has robbed me of any chance to get a decent job now. It has given me no recourse but to shelter myself in a place where nobody else has to see it. It robbed me of the job I had in 2012. My mental issues are all but known the the State of Georgia, and would prevent me from ever procuring gainful employment again. As far as Joe was concerned, he had no interest in helping me. He said he could make professional resumes. I already have 200 of them made.

And I do provide for myself. This machine? Every last chip, every last piece of equipment I bought with my own money. My TV? I bought it. Everything in this room was at one time either passed down to me or bought with money I had.

You act as if I've never done this before. But I have. People somehow think I'm a deadbeat. But I am not. I bust my backside in this house, mowing the lawn, doing dishes, heavy lifting... things my 71 year old grandmother could not do herself. What I get from her... the food, the money... is in appreciation for what I've done. You really don't think I sit here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week posting on this board do you? I am quite capable of doing hard work. My work ethic isn't an issue. It isn't that I don't want to be around people, I'm afraid to be.

Last edited:

Well for starters, there is no "bad day at work" in your chosen life.

No, you would be right. But try living my life before you lecture me. It isn't as peachy as you think it is. Who said I 'chose' this life either? Sigh. I'm going away for a while. To sort things out. Take care, all of you.

Last edited:

There's never been a "good' day of work in your whole life :cool:

Interesting. First of all, I have never taken a dime from this government. That last thing I want is you paying for my needs. At least I am thoughtful enough not to. I had a job in 2012. I fully expected to have it for a long, long time. I paid my own bills, I bought my own clothes, compensated my grandmother for taking me to work. I bought my own food, I paid for the groceries and even paid off my grandmother's car payments.

But my anxiety has robbed me of any chance to get a decent job now. It has given me no recourse but to shelter myself in a place where nobody else has to see it. It robbed me of the job I had in 2012. My mental issues are all but known the the State of Georgia, and would prevent me from ever procuring gainful employment again. As far as Joe was concerned, he had no interest in helping me. He said he could make professional resumes. I already have 200 of them made.

And I do provide for myself. This machine? Every last chip, every last piece of equipment I bought with my own money. My TV? I bought it. Everything in this room was at one time either passed down to me or bought with money I had.

You act as if I've never done this before. But I have. People somehow think I'm a deadbeat. But I am not. I bust my backside in this house, mowing the lawn, doing dishes, heavy lifting... things my 71 year old grandmother could not do herself. What I get from her... the food, the money... is in appreciation for what I've done. You really don't think I sit here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week posting on this board do you? I am quite capable of doing hard work. My work ethic isn't an issue. It isn't that I don't want to be around people, I'm afraid to be.

I did those things from my grandparents as a way to show respect, not as a way to hide from the world and be coddled. Sorry, but you really have no leg to stand on here. You're an entitled narcissist and you shouldn't be on this site if you don't want to hear my opinion.

There's never been a "good' day of work in your whole life :cool:

Sure there has. Most of them have been good, actually.

TK seems to have irked a lot of nerves. And the best those people can say is "get a job." While he's looking for a job maybe you all could grow a pair and learn how to win an argument :cool:

TK seems to have irked a lot of nerves. And the best those people can say is "get a job." While he's looking for a job maybe you all could grow a pair and learn how to win an argument :cool:

Hey, hurry up and PM before he leaves...exchange emails/numbers so that you can support him from afar.:thup: :D

Forum List

Back