I am Spartacus.......Kirk Douglas dies at 103

A Hollywood icon in the 50s and 60s

51mhUyI7SXL._AC_.jpg

I didn't realize that he was still around, I remember seeing him getting crucified on TV.

I'm surprised under the circumstances he didn't sue Spartacus Booker for using his line last year.

51mhUyI7SXL._AC_.jpg

Natalie Wood's sister Lana and others have always said that they would name Natalie's rapist when he died, she was raped at age 16 a very BRUTAL rape by a very well known older actor who was a household name and married with children and it has been stated for a long time by many that it was Kirk Douglas who brutally raped Natalie Wood.

So now we will see if they publicly say it was Kirk Douglas or not.

Nice rumor on the day he dies

Well he was a good actor, that rumour has been around since before I was born, it's not just appeared today and it would be good if it was confirmed or denied as Natalie Wood's family and friends have always said that they would publicly say whatever when the actor who raped Natalie died and so I would prefer myself not to go OTT about Kirk Douglas until it's confirmed or denied.

I mean I never usually make these type of comments whenever someone has died, but when something like this has always been out there and well known by so many until it's confirmed or denied I cannot give praise.

51mhUyI7SXL._AC_.jpg

"Out Of The Past" is one of my all time Top 20 films, "Out Of The Past" made in 1947 starring Robert Mitchum, Kirk Douglas, Jane Greer and Rhonda Fleming.

The below despite what it says is NOT the original trailer, but it's very good and shows quite a lot of the film in it's 2 minutes 28 seconds:

Out of the Past - Wikipedia

One of the greatest actors, long life..... 103 years,nice..... a true talent .....RIP Kirk Douglas

My favorite movie of his was this one..where he portrays the life of painter Vincent Van Gogh

aT5Cc9i.jpg

frz3Q2S.jpg

51mhUyI7SXL._AC_.jpg
Sorry to hear this. He was one tough guy, unlike his pansy son, Michael. RIP, Mr. Douglas.
Michael has earned his own accolades
Greed, for lack of a better word, is good "

Michael Douglas good in "The Streets of San Francisco" and also he produced "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" and produced and co-starred in "The China Syndrome" which is a great film, apart from these things he's not that great and certainly has never been as good an actor as his father was.

51mhUyI7SXL._AC_.jpg

I would say that's sad but 103 years is a pretty good run for anyone. I doubt very highly that I'll live that long. I'm looking for the reaper to pop up any where and any time now. I'm the last of my immediate family still alive and both of my younger brothers have already preceeded me. Maybe I'm just more stubborn and meaner.

51mhUyI7SXL._AC_.jpg

I would say that's sad but 103 years is a pretty good run for anyone. I doubt very highly that I'll live that long. I'm looking for the reaper to pop up any where and any time now. I'm the last of my immediate family still alive and both of my younger brothers have already preceeded me. Maybe I'm just more stubborn and meaner.
You never know

With medical treatments today, 100 is not unachievable

One of the greats from the golden era of Hollywood RIP Kirk.

Kirk Douglas
Burt Lancaster
Henry Fonda
Jimmy Stewart
John Wayne
Cary Grant
Humphrey Bogart
Jimmy Cagney
Clark Gable

They were all unique and all irreplaceable. None of today's actors in my opinion are even fit to shine their shoes. The same with all the great actresses from Old Hollywood, Bette Davis, Barbara Stanwyck, Joan Crawford, Katharine Hepburn etc.

When Old Hollywood was called The Golden Era it really was, such an incredible amount of original talent in ONE place all at the SAME time, this has never been repeated and it never will be repeated.

51mhUyI7SXL._AC_.jpg

You never know

With medical treatments today, 100 is not unachievable

In 20 years 100 years old will be the new 50 years old.

Forum List

Back