I Call Upon All USMB Liberals To Answer This Question >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cop followed him around the car. He had more than 1/2 a second. He had a few seconds. There a video you can see it for yourself
I'm talking about a hypothetical scenario in the OP, in which I created a situation. Please respond to THAT.

And the one I created, does correlate with the Jason Bake shooting. Various things can be said about the seconds before Blake reached into his car. That's not the question. My question only pertains to once he DID reach into that car, and his hands disappeared from the cops' view.

This is the same as the Betty Shelby - Terrence Crutcher shooting case. Crutcher ignored directions. He reached into his vehicle. Hands disappeared. Shelby instantly fired, killing Crutcher. Shelby was cleared in Oklahoma court.. Case was "justifiable homicide", based on correct adherence to police procedure.

The words of Betty Shelby told the story clear to the jury (including 3 black people) >>

Crutcher did not comply with her commands to "show me your hands," she testified. She also said he was sweating heavily and smelled of PCP chemicals.
Crutcher ignored orders from Shelby and another officer on the scene, Tyler Turnbough, according to Shelby's testimony. She testified that Crutcher put his hands on the SUV and moved to reach into the vehicle.
Her police training taught her that "if a suspect reaches their hands inside of a car, don't let them pull them out," she testified.
"We're not trained to see what comes out of a car," Shelby said. "We're trained to stop a threat, and by all indications, he was a threat."
At that point, Shelby fired her weapon and Turnbough fired his Taser, she testified.

The critical point in this video is at 1:05, when Crutcher's body shifts, as he reached into the window of his SUV.

I don’t think a guy running away constitutes a threat. Now if he was aggressively charging at the cops and then reaches into his jacket to pull something out then I could see more of a reason to to shoot, but I’d prefer to non lethal for used as much as possible

The cop followed him around the car. He had more than 1/2 a second. He had a few seconds. There a video you can see it for yourself
I'm talking about a hypothetical scenario in the OP, in which I created a situation. Please respond to THAT.

And the one I created, does correlate with the Jason Bake shooting. Various things can be said about the seconds before Blake reached into his car. That's not the question. My question only pertains to once he DID reach into that car, and his hands disappeared from the cops' view.

This is the same as the Betty Shelby - Terrence Crutcher shooting case. Crutcher ignored directions. He reached into his vehicle. Hands disappeared. Shelby instantly fired, killing Crutcher. Shelby was cleared in Oklahoma court.. Case was "justifiable homicide", based on correct adherence to police procedure.

The words of Betty Shelby told the story clear to the jury (including 3 black people) >>

Crutcher did not comply with her commands to "show me your hands," she testified. She also said he was sweating heavily and smelled of PCP chemicals.
Crutcher ignored orders from Shelby and another officer on the scene, Tyler Turnbough, according to Shelby's testimony. She testified that Crutcher put his hands on the SUV and moved to reach into the vehicle.
Her police training taught her that "if a suspect reaches their hands inside of a car, don't let them pull them out," she testified.
"We're not trained to see what comes out of a car," Shelby said. "We're trained to stop a threat, and by all indications, he was a threat."
At that point, Shelby fired her weapon and Turnbough fired his Taser, she testified.

The critical point in this video is at 1:05, when Crutcher's body shifts, as he reached into the window of his SUV.

I don’t think a guy running away constitutes a threat. Now if he was aggressively charging at the cops and then reaches into his jacket to pull something out then I could see more of a reason to to shoot, but I’d prefer to non lethal for used as much as possible

Again he was going for his knife. So in fact that cops were justified.

If a cop tell you to stop and you start to run, you're a threat.

Haha. Keep telling yourself that dude. go for a knife with multiple officers pointing guns at you, makes total sense. What a retarded argument

I disagree. It depends on which direction you run

Easy way to test. Next time a cop stops you, run....in any direction you choose.

Easy way to test. Next time a cop stops you, run....in any direction you choose.

That’s the problem smart guy.... Running away shouldn’t be a death sentence. If that’s how it’s supposed to be then it needs to be fixed. Why do you think so many people are out there protesting?

That’s the problem smart guy.... Running away shouldn’t be a death sentence. If that’s how it’s supposed to be then it needs to be fixed. Why do you think so many people are out there protesting?

Needs to be fixed? So you're saying if you run from a cop they should just shrug their shoulders and say "oh well"? Brilliant plan.

Haha. Keep telling yourself that dude. go for a knife with multiple officers pointing guns at you, makes total sense. What a retarded argument

He was obviously high as a kite he was tazed twice to NO EFFECT. The only RETARD here is you claiming that cops should wait to be killed to defend themselves.

Lol you and the cop are such pussies. I guess you feel tough with a gun - I don’t know. Either way, the guy didn’t have a gun so your point is stupid.
I didn't make a "point" I asked a QUESTION. And you haven't answered it.
Uh no. I would not shoot him. If there was information that indicated he had a gun, then yes. This is all basic common sense.
Hmmm, wrong. Unless they knew he didn't have a gun, they were justified in believing he did have one.
Lol that is so stupid. Good god.
How is it stupid? The fact is that he did have a gun in his car.

Wow, at first it was he was carrying a knife. Then it changed to he was reaching for the knife in the car. Now, it's a gun. Reminds me of this clip.

Reaching into a car (hands disappear from view) is equivalent to reaching into a jacket. See Post # 139 (esp. the quotes from Betty Shelby).

He was obviously high as a kite he was tazed twice to NO EFFECT. The only RETARD here is you claiming that cops should wait to be killed to defend themselves.
Libs are so deep in a fog, even when they get information, they're still lost.

Reaching into a car (hands disappear from view) is equivalent to reaching into a jacket. See Post # 139 (esp. the quotes from Betty Shelby).
You forgot the aggressively charging part. Somebody who is running away is different

Running away, for a felon IS a death sentence. That's what US Supreme court decided >>

Glad you brought that up...

Under U.S. law the fleeing felon rule was limited in 1985 to non-lethal force in most cases by Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1. The justices held that deadly force "may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others."[3]

A police officer may not seize an unarmed, nondangerous suspect by shooting him dead...however...Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force.
— Justice Byron White, Tennessee v. Garner

Liberals who claim that Jason Blake was shot unjustly (which probably is all liberals in this forum), please answer this >.

If YOU were a police officer, and you were questioning somebody about a serious crime, and he suddenly bolts away from you, and then reaches into a car, with his hands now not visible to you, what do you do ?
I’d wrap his arms from behind and take him down to the ground. Then have one of my fellow officers cuff him. People should be respectful and obedient to cops and should not run. If they do they can be arrested but they certainly do not deserve 7 bullets in the back, that is inexcusable

You forgot the flying slow motion flying karate chop changing direction in mid air you'd use to disarm him first
You are referring to a round house punch.... My default method for take downs are flying kick punches.

Cops are people though. It's sick how you're trying to get them murdered for some sort of political benefit you think that gives you
I don’t want cops murdered nor am I trying to get them Murdered. You are lying.

I am good friends with my local sheriff and have worked with him on community efforts on several occasions. I have tremendous respect for good cops and the Hard work they do.

Of course you want cops to be murdered. When you advocate policies that would murder them, you want to get them murdered. You're also defending a big man who preys on women.

Blake could have ensured both walked away by obeying the cop. The cop had no such choice. You let people go into their cars and the cop has to sit and wait are dead. You obviously know nothing about guns that you think the cop could react by the time he saw something to react to
No I don’t let any of that happen nor do I advocate anything that would promote murdering cops. You’re lying again. Why do you do that? Can’t you just have an honest discussion?

Bull shit. You're specifically arguing that the cop had to sit and wait to see if Blake had a gun and that if he did, the cop should die because you are preventing him from doing anything until he was dead. You're clear as day
Show where I said the cop had to sit and wait to see if Blake had a gun. Show the quote because I’m calling that a straight up lie. I’ve actually said the opposite of that. Go ahead and show the quote where I said that. Otherwise I’ll accept your apology for lying about me once again.

You're playing word games. You advocated the flying magic karate chop disabling and disarming him and said no way should he have been shot. Now where did you advocate an adult, real world way to stop him.

You watch too much TV. You think the real world is like TV where the cops are the bad ass fighters. The reality is that cops wresting bad guys is a very dangerous thing and a potentially deadly melee. Like in Atlanta where two cops wrestled the black guy and he grabbed one of their tasers and shot it at them. He could have had a knife in his hand. And the cops were behind him walking quickly to his car. You act like they let him walk past them.

As long as you're advocating Iron Man, yeah, you own the consequence of your stupid shit

Liberals who claim that Jason Blake was shot unjustly (which probably is all liberals in this forum), please answer this >.

If YOU were a police officer, and you were questioning somebody about a serious crime, and he suddenly bolts away from you, and then reaches into a car, with his hands now not visible to you, what do you do ?
I’d wrap his arms from behind and take him down to the ground. Then have one of my fellow officers cuff him. People should be respectful and obedient to cops and should not run. If they do they can be arrested but they certainly do not deserve 7 bullets in the back, that is inexcusable

You forgot the flying slow motion flying karate chop changing direction in mid air you'd use to disarm him first
You are referring to a round house punch.... My default method for take downs are flying kick punches.

Cops are people though. It's sick how you're trying to get them murdered for some sort of political benefit you think that gives you
I don’t want cops murdered nor am I trying to get them Murdered. You are lying.

I am good friends with my local sheriff and have worked with him on community efforts on several occasions. I have tremendous respect for good cops and the Hard work they do.

Of course you want cops to be murdered. When you advocate policies that would murder them, you want to get them murdered. You're also defending a big man who preys on women.

Blake could have ensured both walked away by obeying the cop. The cop had no such choice. You let people go into their cars and the cop has to sit and wait are dead. You obviously know nothing about guns that you think the cop could react by the time he saw something to react to
No I don’t let any of that happen nor do I advocate anything that would promote murdering cops. You’re lying again. Why do you do that? Can’t you just have an honest discussion?

Bull shit. You're specifically arguing that the cop had to sit and wait to see if Blake had a gun and that if he did, the cop should die because you are preventing him from doing anything until he was dead. You're clear as day
Show where I said the cop had to sit and wait to see if Blake had a gun. Show the quote because I’m calling that a straight up lie. I’ve actually said the opposite of that. Go ahead and show the quote where I said that. Otherwise I’ll accept your apology for lying about me once again.

You're playing word games. You advocated the flying magic karate chop disabling and disarming him and said no way should he have been shot. Now where did you advocate an adult, real world way to stop him.

You watch too much TV. You think the real world is like TV where the cops are the bad ass fighters. The reality is that cops wresting bad guys is a very dangerous thing and a potentially deadly melee. Like in Atlanta where two cops wrestled the black guy and he grabbed one of their tasers and shot it at them. He could have had a knife in his hand. And the cops were behind him walking quickly to his car. You act like they let him walk past them.

As long as you're advocating Iron Man, yeah, you own the consequence of your stupid shit
I saw what happened, it was on video. No way that guy deserved 7 bullets in his back. Our cops need to do better than that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back