I dont give a shit!

I have no problem with student loans. I have no problem with the government guaranteeing the difference between the prevailing interest rate and a lower rate provided the government does not let people off the hook who default on their loans so that the risk to the taxpayer is minimal.

I have a HUGE problem with the government requiring me to put somebody else through college. My son and his wife are driving their old cars as long as they can, giving up vacations and other fun things, and cutting back on other expenses as much as they can so that their daughter, my granddaughter, will not rack up a huge debt while going to college. And she is also expected to carry a full class load, keep her grades up, and be willing to take whatever work is available during long recesses and over the summer. Hombre and I are not in a position to help a lot but we help as much as we can with that project.

Our just recently next door neighbor is a single mom who can't help a lot with college expenses so her daughter, a super neat kid, is living at home to save on expenses but is working full time to fund her night school classes.

To suggest that I should pick up the tab for people who don't give up anything or sacrifice anything to attend college is infuriating.

IBR was enacted to address the number of students defaulting on their debt. If you go to college and get out into a crummy job market and work three jobs but still can't meet your monthly payment, is that the fault of the graduate? They had no way of knowing what their paycheck was going to be. It's just a pragmatic response to a problem.

Secondly, you aren't "paying" for anyone else to go to school. Your tax dollars go into a pot and are giving out via student loans. A loan is a loan. If a student defaults on their loan, they can expect the same consequences as anyone else who defaults on a loan. It's not "free money" and you aren't personally cutting the check. As it stands there is an expectation of repayment with interest that is why it is called a loan.

I don't care what sort of 'pot' is used for my tax dollars. Those tax dollars are money that i earned by educating myself, spent time in McJobs and other unattractive jobs to acquire experience, marketable skills, and references, and then excelled in the good jobs I was able to land. They represent money that I earned ethically, honorably, and without asking anybody for special privileges or benefits.

However or by what process it is done, for the government to then give that money to somebody else just because they chose a different lifestyle and process than I did, I can't see much justice in that.

What really annoys me is the right wing thinks they are the only ones working and paying taxes.
Bullshit.

You make shit up in your head and attribute it to others who NEVER said that.

Liar.

Go read Foxfyre's post. She thinks she's the only one who has earned an honest living. She thinks she is ABOVE everyone else.

Quote:

"Those tax dollars are money that i earned by educating myself, spent time in McJobs and other unattractive jobs to acquire experience, marketable skills, and references, and then excelled in the good jobs I was able to land. They represent money that I earned ethically, honorably, and without asking anybody for special privileges or benefits."

I read what she said but she didn't say that she was the only person who worked hard or paid taxes. Do you have an example of someone saying what you claimed in this thread?

What really annoys me is the right wing thinks they are the only ones working and paying taxes.
Bullshit.

Liar.

Go read Foxfyre's post. She thinks she's the only one who has earned an honest living. She thinks she is ABOVE everyone else.

Quote:

"Those tax dollars are money that i earned by educating myself, spent time in McJobs and other unattractive jobs to acquire experience, marketable skills, and references, and then excelled in the good jobs I was able to land. They represent money that I earned ethically, honorably, and without asking anybody for special privileges or benefits."
She never even hinted that she thinks she is the only one who pays her debts and taxes.

That's simply bullshit or your insanity on display.

Bullshit.

Liar.

Quote:

And where does she say its a left or right thing? Does she say its only the right who do this working hard thing?

Does she say.... only the right do it the old fashioned way and work to pay their way?

Hee hee. That after Sky informed me she was putting me on ignore because my posts were so annoying. :)

I would enjoy seeing any evidence from ANY thread any place or any other statement, however, in which I even suggested that I was the only one earning an honest living. Or that conservatives were the only ones paying taxes for that matter.

You continuously act as though YOU are the ONLY one who is ethical and honorable. YOU are the only one works for a living, repays debt and so on. You are annoying. You're haughty.

The President's plan will help students, but until we find a way to hold fraudulent on-line colleges accountable we will continue to have a high default rate on student loans.

Bullshit.

Liar.

Quote:

And where does she say its a left or right thing? Does she say its only the right who do this working hard thing?

Does she say.... only the right do it the old fashioned way and work to pay their way?

She implies it. She implies that anyone who agrees with the President's plan must be dishonorable and wanting "special priveleges".

Last edited:
Hee hee. That after Sky informed me she was putting me on ignore because my posts were so annoying. :)

I would enjoy seeing any evidence from ANY thread any place or any other statement, however, in which I even suggested that I was the only one earning an honest living. Or that conservatives were the only ones paying taxes for that matter.

You continuously act as though YOU are the ONLY one who is ethical and honorable. YOU are the only one works for a living, repays debt and so on. You are annoying. You're haughty.

The President's plan will help students, but until we find a way to hold fraudulent on-line colleges accountable we will continue to have a high default rate on student loans.

You mistake her being proud of her acting ethically and honoroably with her thinking she is the ONLY one...she never claims that which is what we all keep telling you...just admit that you were mistaken, its ok to admit when you are wrong. Heck I did it yesterday with jillian over something with herman cain, she was right and showed me where I was wrong just like we are showing you how you were mistaken here.

IBR was enacted to address the number of students defaulting on their debt. If you go to college and get out into a crummy job market and work three jobs but still can't meet your monthly payment, is that the fault of the graduate? They had no way of knowing what their paycheck was going to be. It's just a pragmatic response to a problem.

Secondly, you aren't "paying" for anyone else to go to school. Your tax dollars go into a pot and are giving out via student loans. A loan is a loan. If a student defaults on their loan, they can expect the same consequences as anyone else who defaults on a loan. It's not "free money" and you aren't personally cutting the check. As it stands there is an expectation of repayment with interest that is why it is called a loan.

I don't care what sort of 'pot' is used for my tax dollars. Those tax dollars are money that i earned by educating myself, spent time in McJobs and other unattractive jobs to acquire experience, marketable skills, and references, and then excelled in the good jobs I was able to land. They represent money that I earned ethically, honorably, and without asking anybody for special privileges or benefits.

However or by what process it is done, for the government to then give that money to somebody else just because they chose a different lifestyle and process than I did, I can't see much justice in that.

Bullshit.

Liar.

Quote:

I read what she said but she didn't say that she was the only person who worked hard or paid taxes. Do you have an example of someone saying what you claimed in this thread?

She implies it.

Your perceptions have nothing to do with reality.

You mistake her being proud of her acting ethically and honoroably with her thinking she is the ONLY one...she never claims that which is what we all keep telling you...just admit that you were mistaken, its ok to admit when you are wrong. Heck I did it yesterday with jillian over something with herman cain, she was right and showed me where I was wrong just like we are showing you how you were mistaken here.

The presidents plan will help students make smaller monthly payments on their debts however it will cost students a lot more in interest payments over time.

It's not pride it's arrogance. Her posts ALWAYS imply that ONLY right wingers are ethical and honorable or work and pay taxes.

Quote:

She implies it.
No, you INFER that. That's only in your head.

Your opinion is your opinion. You're entitled to it, and I am entitled to mine.

Quote:

She implies it. She implies that anyone who agrees with the President's plan must be dishonorable and wanting "special priveleges".

Does she now? I sure dont get that out of anything she said.

Bottom line is she did not say that at all.

Its both right and left little whining wankers who don't want to pay back their debts. Its not just the left ones complaining. No one implies that or even says anything close to that.

Fuck both right and left bastards who want their student loans forgiven. How is that? Fair enough for you? :)

Quote:

Anyone who thinks they should not have to be responsible to pay back a loan they agreed to take is thinking dishonorably and unethically. Anyone who decides not to pay back a loan they agreed to take is acting dishonorably and unethically.

If you lent me $100.00 I would find it unethical to not pay you back.

Your opinion is your opinion. You're entitled to it, and I am entitled to mine.
Perceptions are not always reality.

That makes you out of touch with reality.

Anyone who thinks they should not have to be responsible to pay back a loan they agreed to take is thinking dishonorably and unethically. Anyone who decides not to pay back a loan they agreed to take is acting dishonorably and unethically.

If you lent me $100.00 I would find it unethical to not pay you back.
Who is saying that? I'm not. Yet, YOU and FOX imply that anyone who agrees with the President's plan is unethical and dishonorably. I'm not saying college grads should not have to pay back their loans.

Under the President's plan the grads pay back their loans.

I have agreed with Sky not to respond to her directly on threads and she wouldn't respond to mine either and would leave me alone--I am trying to respect that agreement which she has never kept--but in fairness to her, in her own warped sense of reality, she probably does see my posts exactly that way. When she has repeatedly been requested to show evidence of my saying the things she accuses me of, she never can do it. Because I didn't say them.

When she has challenged me to show evidence of her saying something, and I then do that, she says that okay, she must have said it, but she didn't mean it.

How do you have a rational conversation with somebody like that?

Forum List

Back