I don't have much luck with boycotts.

No matter how you slice the pie, there used to be two of us watching sports, now there is only one. You didn't cancel me out unless you didn't watch sports before and only started recently.

Maybe I now watch twice as much as I used to.

Not sure I have had a company do that. See, unlike you I am not freaked out by gay people or even trans people. I am neither gay nor trans, but I do not hate people not just like me, so it does not bother me if a store sells stuff to them.

Just like when my favorite BBQ joint added vegan items to their menu and made a big deal about it. If I were you all I would been forced to quit eating there since they targeted someone other than me.

But instead I said "oh, that looks gross" and then ordered and extra large slab of ribs
Poor deflection.

I simply don't want the faggot agenda forced upon me by way of company packaging. They can take their rainbow or other "pride" packaging and shove them up their ass....I don't want such items in my home.....Such is my right as a US Citizen.

If that is the way they want to roll then fine, their business, their rules, but in the end I decide which company I'll buy from....My home, my rules.

No matter how you slice the pie, there used to be two of us watching sports, now there is only one. You didn't cancel me out unless you didn't watch sports before and only started recently.

It's humorous how that person simply doesn't understand the subtle ways that not being a sports nut changes the world.

Not surprising for a poorly programmed bot. Just humorous.

Poor deflection.

I simply don't want the faggot agenda forced upon me by way of company packaging. They can take their rainbow or other "pride" packaging and shove them up their ass....I don't want such items in my home.....Such is my right as a US Citizen.

If that is the way they want to roll then fine, their business, their rules, but in the end I decide which company I'll buy from....My home, my rules.

It's a good, clean, balanced feeling to make your own decisions, rather than have your TV make them for you.

Poor deflection.

As I said, I am not filled with hate for gay people thus seeing a rainbow does not trigger me as it does you.

But hey, it is a free country, so you do you and I will be me.

The "boycott" isn't really much of a boycott. It's just people making a choice to not shop at a particular store, when there are plenty of alternatives. I haven't heard anyone say, "I'll start buying at Target again, when they stop selling the kiddie trans stuff." Target won't really change. They may have movied the items to the back of the store, but the bomb threats will keep them in line in the future.

I don't think most anti-Target folks care. They just also don't care to give Target any more of their money. Strange that any libertarian would object to that choice.

It isn't like the Montgomery Bus Boycott, in which the participants gave up something that they needed* in order to pressure the busline to stop discriminating against them. But I suppose Golfing Gator would have accused MLK of trying to "force everyone to be just like you."

The "boycott" isn't really much of a boycott. It's just people making a choice to not shop at a particular store, when there are plenty of alternatives. I haven't heard anyone say, "I'll start buying at Target again, when they stop selling the kiddie trans stuff."

It isn't like the Montgomery Bus Boycott, in which the participants gave up something that they needed* in order to pressure the busline to stop discriminating against them. But I suppose Golfing Gator would have accused MLK of trying to "force everyone to be just like you."

You do bring up a good point, as long as they are not inconveniencing themselves people will do these things. That is why the Bud Light thing has worked so well, there are 100s of other shitty, cheap beers to choose from while the NFL thing has not since there are not many alternatives.

Actually, MLK was trying to do just the opposite, but I can see how that would confuse you.

You do bring up a good point, as long as they are not inconveniencing themselves people will do these things. That is why the Bud Light thing has worked so well, there are 100s of other shitty, cheap beers to choose from while the NFL thing has not since there are not many alternatives.

Actually, MLK was trying to do just the opposite, but I can see how that would confuse you.
In other words, you like some boycotts and don't like others. I knew that, I just wanted to draw it out of you.

You may be old enough, but I bet not one Democrat in ten who is under forty could explain why the black people in Montgomery needed the bus service. I'm guessing they'd say "because the art museum was across town from the benefits office?" But you know why they needed buses, don't you?

Maybe I have some sixth sense when it comes to woke companies, because for some reason I mostly never patronize these companies even before they are outed. My record:

1. Dick's Sporting Goods - They announced that they would no longer sell AR-15s because you know, they are scary guns. I never shopped there anyway because there is a huge Bass Pro Shop that will sell guns often cheaper, not to mention frequent gun shows with prices that can't be beaten in retail stores.

2. The NFL - This is the only boycott of mine that is remotely affective, however, since it seems the majority of conservatives and the non-woke have failed to continue their boycott, mine has little effect. I was a HUGE fan of the game and occasionally bought NFL products. Since that nonsense with "Hands up don't shoot" (complete lie) was never handled by the NFL and they even continue to appease the woke mob, I n ever watch it and I'll never watch it ever again.

3. Target - Some of you may remember when TARGET announce it's "Gender Neutral Bathrooms" several years back. Prior to that, I had occasionally shopped there. After that i haven't set foot in it. Now they have gone full blown woke and further boycotting makes no difference.

4. Bud Light - Never drank it although I have drunk an occasional Bud but it's been a very long time. Now, one of my favorite beers was Shock Top, an AB product and I have stopped drinking it but the problem with that is not a lot of bars and restaurants carry it. Again, my boycott isn't going to cost them much.

5. There's something out there recently about Kohl's. Not familiar with that store, I certainly have never been in the place.

I'm still boycotting, even if my personal boycott makes no difference, and I fully support all of you who actually have to make an effort to boycott. We have the power, let's use it.
How do you keep track of all the companies/products/services that hurt your feelings?

LOL. Yes, MAYBE you do. Nice try but your nose is growing.

I have a lot more free time than I used to, so in fact I do watch more, one of the true joys of remote work. I never watched hockey till about 2 years ago, now I find it the most entertaining sport out there. MLB has improved exponentially with the pitch clock to the point I have even gone to the ballpark for the first time in at least 5 years

You Will Be Made To Care

Bootlicking "libertarians" like GiGi/Mac are here for all of it

For someone who calls herself “Sweet Sue”, you’re more of a Sour Suzanne.

You can’t make anyone do anything. Ever.

As soon as conservatives stop trying to bully the rest of the nation into denying women, racial minorities and gays any rights whatsoever, the better off you’ll be.

Poor deflection.

Odd how fauxbertarians are all for "letting the market decide" until the market makes a decision they don't like, innit?

Maybe I have some sixth sense when it comes to woke companies, because for some reason I mostly never patronize these companies even before they are outed. My record:

1. Dick's Sporting Goods - They announced that they would no longer sell AR-15s because you know, they are scary guns. I never shopped there anyway because there is a huge Bass Pro Shop that will sell guns often cheaper, not to mention frequent gun shows with prices that can't be beaten in retail stores.

2. The NFL - This is the only boycott of mine that is remotely affective, however, since it seems the majority of conservatives and the non-woke have failed to continue their boycott, mine has little effect. I was a HUGE fan of the game and occasionally bought NFL products. Since that nonsense with "Hands up don't shoot" (complete lie) was never handled by the NFL and they even continue to appease the woke mob, I n ever watch it and I'll never watch it ever again.

3. Target - Some of you may remember when TARGET announce it's "Gender Neutral Bathrooms" several years back. Prior to that, I had occasionally shopped there. After that i haven't set foot in it. Now they have gone full blown woke and further boycotting makes no difference.

4. Bud Light - Never drank it although I have drunk an occasional Bud but it's been a very long time. Now, one of my favorite beers was Shock Top, an AB product and I have stopped drinking it but the problem with that is not a lot of bars and restaurants carry it. Again, my boycott isn't going to cost them much.

5. There's something out there recently about Kohl's. Not familiar with that store, I certainly have never been in the place.

I'm still boycotting, even if my personal boycott makes no difference, and I fully support all of you who actually have to make an effort to boycott. We have the power, let's use it.
Your boycott game is weak. I've compiled a list of companies that you're required to be mad at.

Target
Star Wars
Starbucks
NFL
Budweiser
Levi's
Meta
Nike
Keurig
Gillette
CNN
College
Twitter
Nascar
NBA
MLB
MLS
Sprite
Mirage Beer
Amazon
Google
Best Buy
Coca Cola
MMA
Netflix
Delta Airlines
Hollywood
GoodYear
Girl Scout cookies
Science
Walmart
Youtube
Apple
Marriott
Blue Cross Blue Shield
American Express
Airbnb
AT&T
Comcast
Dow
Exxon
Ford
Goldman Sachs
JP Morgan Chase
Mastercard
Microsoft
Disney
Verizon
GoDaddy
United Airlines
Ben and Jerry's
DC Comics
DirecTV
Yelp
Uber
Bumble
Match Group
Box.com
Warner Bros
Conde Nast
Dick’s Sporting Goods
Kroger
Alaska Airlines
Zillow
Budweiser
Walmart
Kohl's
Chick-Fil-A

Your boycott game is weak. I've compiled a list of companies that you're required to be mad at.

Target
Star Wars
Starbucks
NFL
Budweiser
Levi's
Meta
Nike
Keurig
Gillette
CNN
College
Twitter
Nascar
NBA
MLB
MLS
Sprite
Mirage Beer
Amazon
Google
Best Buy
Coca Cola
MMA
Netflix
Delta Airlines
Hollywood
GoodYear
Girl Scout cookies
Science
Walmart
Youtube
Apple
Marriott
Blue Cross Blue Shield
American Express
Airbnb
AT&T
Comcast
Dow
Exxon
Ford
Goldman Sachs
JP Morgan Chase
Mastercard
Microsoft
Disney
Verizon
GoDaddy
United Airlines
Ben and Jerry's
DC Comics
DirecTV
Yelp
Uber
Bumble
Match Group
Box.com
Warner Bros
Conde Nast
Dick’s Sporting Goods
Kroger
Alaska Airlines
Zillow
Budweiser
Walmart
Kohl's
Chick-Fil-A

Your list is too short...

Accenture

AIG

Airbnb

Alphabet (Google)

Amazon

American Airlines

American Express

Apple

Bain & Company

Bank of America

Berkshire Partners

Best Buy

Biogen

BlackRock

BMC Software

Boston Consulting Group

Broadridge Financial Solutions

Cambridge Associates

Cisco

Civic Entertainment Group

Climb Credit

CODAworx

Cowboy Ventures

Creative Artists Agency

Dell Technologies

Deloitte

Discover Financial Services

Dropbox

Eaton

Emerson Collective

Estee Lauder

Evenbrite

EY

Facebook

Ferrara

FirstMark Capital

Ford Motor Company

General Catalyst

General Motors

Goldman Sachs

Harry’s Inc.

Hess

IBM

Insight Partners Leadership

Instacart

Intelligensia Coffee

J & J

Jazz Lincoln Center

JetBlue

Khosla Ventures

Levi Stauss & Co.

Live Nation Entertainment

Loop Capital Markets

Lyft

M & T Bank

Mastercard

McKinsey & Company

Merck

Microsoft Corporation

Mondelez International

Netflix

Newell Brands

Nordstrom

Otherwise Incorporated

Paper Source

Paypal

Peloton

Pinterest

Plaid

Predxion

PwC

Reddit

REI Co-op

Richer Poorer

Salesforce

ServiceNow

Seventh Generation

Slow Ventures

Smith & Company

Sodexo USA

Sodexo Magic

Sonos

Sound Ventures

Spark Capital

Square

Starbucks

Steelcase

Survey Monkey

Sweetgreen

Synchrony

T. Rowe Price

Target

Tory Burch LLC

Tripadvisor

Twilio

Twitter (obviously not so woke now under Elon Musk!)

Under Armour

United Airlines

ULTA

Vanguard

Viacom CBS

VMWare

Warburg Pincus

Warby Parker

Zendesk

Zola

remember-when-conservatives-63658a2b41.jpg

Your list is too short...

Accenture

AIG

Airbnb

Alphabet (Google)

Amazon

American Airlines

American Express

Apple

Bain & Company

Bank of America

Berkshire Partners

Best Buy

Biogen

BlackRock

BMC Software

Boston Consulting Group

Broadridge Financial Solutions

Cambridge Associates

Cisco

Civic Entertainment Group

Climb Credit

CODAworx

Cowboy Ventures

Creative Artists Agency

Dell Technologies

Deloitte

Discover Financial Services

Dropbox

Eaton

Emerson Collective

Estee Lauder

Evenbrite

EY

Facebook

Ferrara

FirstMark Capital

Ford Motor Company

General Catalyst

General Motors

Goldman Sachs

Harry’s Inc.

Hess

IBM

Insight Partners Leadership

Instacart

Intelligensia Coffee

J & J

Jazz Lincoln Center

JetBlue

Khosla Ventures

Levi Stauss & Co.

Live Nation Entertainment

Loop Capital Markets

Lyft

M & T Bank

Mastercard

McKinsey & Company

Merck

Microsoft Corporation

Mondelez International

Netflix

Newell Brands

Nordstrom

Otherwise Incorporated

Paper Source

Paypal

Peloton

Pinterest

Plaid

Predxion

PwC

Reddit

REI Co-op

Richer Poorer

Salesforce

ServiceNow

Seventh Generation

Slow Ventures

Smith & Company

Sodexo USA

Sodexo Magic

Sonos

Sound Ventures

Spark Capital

Square

Starbucks

Steelcase

Survey Monkey

Sweetgreen

Synchrony

T. Rowe Price

Target

Tory Burch LLC

Tripadvisor

Twilio

Twitter (obviously not so woke now under Elon Musk!)

Under Armour

United Airlines

ULTA

Vanguard

Viacom CBS

VMWare

Warburg Pincus

Warby Parker

Zendesk

Zola
Conservatives trying to buy something while boycotting each of the MANY companies they're mad at.

fetchimage

The "boycott" isn't really much of a boycott. It's just people making a choice to not shop at a particular store, when there are plenty of alternatives. I haven't heard anyone say, "I'll start buying at Target again, when they stop selling the kiddie trans stuff." Target won't really change. They may have movied the items to the back of the store, but the bomb threats will keep them in line in the future.

I don't think most anti-Target folks care. They just also don't care to give Target any more of their money. Strange that any libertarian would object to that choice.

And we last had segregated buses .... when?

Forum List

Back