I don't understand why republicans reject both a minimum wage hike and welfare for the poor

I always tell my Republican friends to steer clear of the Minimum Wage issue. It's a big Lose/Lose for them. Some of them actually argue that American Workers making pitiful wages is a 'Good Thing.' I just tell em to be quiet and stop digging that hole. They come off as greedy old fat white dudes. And that image kills them in the General Election.

They just seem way too quick to insult struggling Workers , while worshipping greedy Corporate bastards. That's just not a winning platform in General Elections. The People prefer Politicians who at least give the impression they're fighting for the struggling American Worker. Too many Republicans just don't give that impression. In fact, they give the opposite impression. So take my advice Republicans, don't touch the Minimum Wage issue anymore. You already lost bigtime on it.
You don't have any Republican friends. We've covered this before. Friends don't smear friends.

Not smearing em. Just stating the reality. That ugly 'greedy old fat white dude' image is gonna kill em in future General Elections. They should take my advice, and start standing up for struggling American Workers. It's what the People want.

And if they did I would think it would be in a way pleasing to you. I am not sure that is even possible.

Reverse the "free" trade agreements that Clinton screwed the middle class with. Hard for Americans to compete when wages are so low elsewhere.

Stop the flood of low educated, low skilled workers on our southern boarder. Flood the country with such worker then wonder where the low skilled jobs went. But low pay must be what the goal of the liberal left is all about.

So you want to hold the low skill individuals accountable for their minimal job skills, by shutting down the subsidies that perpetuate their means to sustain themselves on minimal skills?

OR...

You want to further inflate the US Currency, by forcing the value of minimal labor, which in nature is zero... to $15; making $15 the equivalent of $0.

If it's the former, congrats! Because that demonstrates that you're a viable human being.

If on the other hand, it's the latter, then you're a rube being manipulated by a thoroughly corrupt force, which has spent and intends to continue to spend the United States into irretrievable bankruptcy; demonstrating that you're dead weight and counter productive to the general welfare of the species itself.

And just as an FYI: You do not help those bringing zero skills to the job, by devaluing the currency which pays them.

ROFLMNAO!

But in fairness to you, as a Relativist, there was NO WAY you could have known that.
Where do you people get this retarded idea that raising the minimum wage devalues the currency?

Does exactly the opposite as a lot more people can buy stuff and it increases the wealth of our nation through doing so. Conservatives don't know economics.

So true.
For example:
70% of our GDP is consumer spending.
80% of consumers are middle class and below.
By their estimation, somehow raising wages for the bulk of consumers damages our economy.

But yet cutting wages for the bottom 80% somehow will grow the economy. LOL. What will really happen is people just won't be able to afford it and our economy will decrease in size. The rich 1% will have to go to other countries as ours won't have the base to support their businesses.

Sure. What drive a business to hire more employees? Increased demand. Where does increased demand come from? Consumers buying more goods.
What drives consumers to buy more goods?
Increased disposable income.
Wrong
Wrong
Wrong
Wrong.
A post filled with misinformation. No wonder you supprt higher MW.

You know what's funny? In a liberal mind they think the government is subsidizing a company for paying a employee low wages.

In fact the opposite is true, the government is subsidizing the low skilled 35 year old employee.

The company pays what he or she is worth in the free market.

The government then picks up the tab for Obama smart phones, 50 inch flat television, steak dinners and crap like that, so they don't revolt and vote democrat

There is no free market moron.
The employer pays the lowest wage ALLOWED BY LAW.
Now it's time to raise it again.
The real wage for MW averaged around $9/hr for nearly fifty years of MW.
Why are you advocating for people to make less than they did fifty years ago? Don't you think wages should rise as time goes by?
You are an idiot. I guess every computer programmer in Silicon Valley is earning $7.50 or whatever the lowest wage allowed by law is.

The context was who determines the LEAST worth of an employee. Christ you fools are dense. Still waiting for the proof of rising unemployment from MW.
Move the goalposts when unmaksed as a moron.
Guess what: there are people getting less than min wage. They're called "unemployed."
You make a point that has been answered over and over: check the UE rates of those most likely to work MW jobs. Those rates have been going up steadily with every increase in MW.

I moved nothing. You just have nothing to counter with. Now show me how and why UE rates correlate to MW and why that has been the case for 77 years. How many jobs do you figure have been lost in those 77 years? How many have been created over the same period? Is it a net loss or gain in jobs over that period?
Of course you did. Another poster made the same point I did, responding to your post.
I already answered you. Look at UE rates of those most likely to work MW jobs and ask whether those rates are higher or lower now than they were 10 years ago. Hint: THey are much higher.

I take it you're not aware that the Republicans have repeatedly proposed sizable hikes in the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) as an alternative to job-killing hikes in the minimum wage. Go read the Congressional Record if you don't believe me.

As the Republicans have often repeatedly pointed out, hiking the minimum wage hurts many low-wage workers because many employers cut jobs with each hike in the minimum wage.

Raising the EITC makes a lot more sense because it gives more help to those low-wage earners who are supporting dependents with their income or who will be working low-wage jobs for a long time.

Wouldn't the EITC be a nice multiplier when combined with a higher MW?
Dont tell me you believe in the multiplier.

Reverse the "free" trade agreements that Clinton screwed the middle class with. Hard for Americans to compete when wages are so low elsewhere.

Stop the flood of low educated, low skilled workers on our southern boarder. Flood the country with such worker then wonder where the low skilled jobs went. But low pay must be what the goal of the liberal left is all about.
Free trade creates jobs.
Low wage workers generally take jobs Americans wont take, like agriculture.
I am constantly amazed I have to explain these things to conservatives.

There is no free market moron.
The employer pays the lowest wage ALLOWED BY LAW...

Inncorrect Sparkey. If that were true all hourly wage earners would be making MW. Employers pay what the labor market requires for the help they need and workers sell their labor for whatever the market will bear:
Marlins officially announce Giancarlo Stanton contract - SBNation.com

I've already answered that. The context was how an employer determines the LEAST an employee is worth. Obviously no one is required to only pay the minimum.

And my post answered your question:

Employers pay what the labor market requires for the help they need
(below which they can't get workers)

and workers sell their labor for whatever the market will bear
(above which the worker can't find employment)

So you want to hold the low skill individuals accountable for their minimal job skills, by shutting down the subsidies that perpetuate their means to sustain themselves on minimal skills?

OR...

You want to further inflate the US Currency, by forcing the value of minimal labor, which in nature is zero... to $15; making $15 the equivalent of $0.

If it's the former, congrats! Because that demonstrates that you're a viable human being.

If on the other hand, it's the latter, then you're a rube being manipulated by a thoroughly corrupt force, which has spent and intends to continue to spend the United States into irretrievable bankruptcy; demonstrating that you're dead weight and counter productive to the general welfare of the species itself.

And just as an FYI: You do not help those bringing zero skills to the job, by devaluing the currency which pays them.

ROFLMNAO!

But in fairness to you, as a Relativist, there was NO WAY you could have known that.
Where do you people get this retarded idea that raising the minimum wage devalues the currency?

Does exactly the opposite as a lot more people can buy stuff and it increases the wealth of our nation through doing so. Conservatives don't know economics.

So true.
For example:
By their estimation, somehow raising wages for the bulk of consumers damages our economy.

But yet cutting wages for the bottom 80% somehow will grow the economy. LOL. What will really happen is people just won't be able to afford it and our economy will decrease in size. The rich 1% will have to go to other countries as ours won't have the base to support their businesses.

Sure. What drive a business to hire more employees? Increased demand. Where does increased demand come from? Consumers buying more goods.

So when the burger cost $8... and the employee making it cost $8... how many more of those burgers can the employee buy when they are being paid $15, for the same work?

(Yes... it's a trick question. With the trick being that the valid answer requires one to reason objectively. Now you've been given the key to the trick... which is from where the entertainment comes, as despite that, you'll still have no means to answer it.)

So if minimum wage was $100/hr people would have a lot more money to spent. We could all be rich!
No one is suggesting that.

So if minimum wage was $100/hr people would have a lot more money to spent. We could all be rich!

No, it would inflate the money supply and make it worth less in value. The goal of the 10.10 minimum wage is to get a little bit more for the little guy of what the big guy wants to hog for himself! You have the same amount of dollars but a little more of that now goes to the little guy...This helps our economy because their is now "demanders" with more dollars to spend in businesses.

But if you go to far you can have a negative effect on the money supply. A balancing game it is. This is why when minimum wage is increased it happens slowly over a few years in some cases and only small increases.

So true.
For example:

So when the burger cost $8... and the employee making it cost $8... how many more of those burgers can the employee buy when they are being paid $15, for the same work?

(Yes... it's a trick question. With the trick being that the valid answer requires one to reason objectively. Now you've been given the key to the trick... which is from where the entertainment comes, as despite that, you'll still have no means to answer it.)

Dude, the increase of 2-3 dollars in wages is about .10 or .15 cents increase in the cost of the product. Also, more people want to work for that company as it gives out better pay! ;) Not only that the employee's after work become consumers and now have more money to spend on more burgers, video games and cars. So it ends up helping the economy...

Only businesses on the very knife edge have to worry about problems. Most benefit from a increase. What is even better is the fact for every business that maybe on the knife edge, you'll likely have many others pop up as the consumers sometimes amasse enough wealth to go into business for themselves.

Of course, This means a little less for the 1% hogs you support. Which as far as I am concern is good as they don't spend their wealth on this country very much.

I marvel at how common sense eludes so many people.

I'm going to keep the math basic for people to understand.

All companies have a budget allocated to labor costs. Let's say your labor budget is $40. If the minimum wage is $5 you could hire 8 people.

Now let's say the government raises the minimum wage to $8. Your budget hasn't changed. You aren't producing anything more than you were previously. The raise was completely arbitrary and does not factor in the realities of your business.

To stay within your budget you end up firing 3 people.

This isn't complicated. It's not the businesses being mean. It's just the reality on the ground. It's basic math.

If you can't afford 10/hour = you probably should forget about going into business. We're better then Africa, Southern Asia or much of the shit world because we have standards.

We have standards, yet people are unemployed. But I guess getting people fired is more important than them working for what they agreed to.

If you can't find a job making $10/hour, you probably should forget about working. We're better then Africa, Southern Asia or much of the shit world because we have standards.

Yes you are... that's exactly what you're suggesting. The only distinction is the percentage by which you will inflate the dollar (devalue the dollar).

Ya see the dollar amount is irrelevant, the result is always going to be the same as there is no means for it NOT to be... .

Yes you are... that's exactly what you're suggesting. The only distinction is the percentage by which you will inflate the dollar (devalue the dollar).

Ya see the dollar amount is irrelevant, the result is always going to be the same as there is no means for it NOT to be... .
How about you explain why raising it devalues the dollar? Be specific.

So true.
For example:

Objectively, I'm quite sure it's not a zero sum game. Your logic depends entirely on price rising equally with wages for every item and selling only one item per hr per employee.
What kind of fucked up business are you running?

Forum List

Back