I don't understand why republicans reject both a minimum wage hike and welfare for the poor

Why do you suppose that is? It isnt that there are no jobs for those people. It's that you have people who are worth 10/hr, people worth 8/hr, people worth 5/hr and people worth 2/hr. But if you set the minimum at 10/hr you'll only hire people who are worth 10/hr. The people worth less than that wont get hired at all. Which is whyyou dont see them working at those jobs anymore.
Who the fuck decides, objectively, what workers are worth? You are so dumb.

This logic isn't hard to grasp: if an employee is a shitty worker, you fire them. If they do their job well and work full time, you pay them a wage they can actually live off of. Problem solved you ass clown.

And that, Billy Boy, is exactly how our economy works. Those who are worth more than MW get more. Those who are worth only MW (or less) cision is made by the parties involved ... the employee (by his acceptance of MW) and his employer (who is willing to pay it). You and the federal gov't have no business in their decisions.
You know what's funny? In a liberal mind they think the government is subsidizing a company for paying a employee low wages.

In fact the opposite is true, the government is subsidizing the low skilled 35 year old employee.

The company pays what he or she is worth in the free market.

The government then picks up the tab for Obama smart phones, 50 inch flat television, steak dinners and crap like that, so they don't revolt and vote democrat

There is no free market moron.
The employer pays the lowest wage ALLOWED BY LAW.
Now it's time to raise it again.
The real wage for MW averaged around $9/hr for nearly fifty years of MW.
Why are you advocating for people to make less than they did fifty years ago? Don't you think wages should rise as time goes by?
You are an idiot. I guess every computer programmer in Silicon Valley is earning $7.50 or whatever the lowest wage allowed by law is.

The point is to make sure the super rich don't use people without paying enough to live on. Yes, that takes government force! So did ending slavery, child labor and piss poor work conditions.
That's the argument for all things liberal. All those things you mentioned were solved by technology. The government didn't do shit until it was possible.

The super rich got that way for a reason, they use the marketplace and the worse the overall economy is the better they can do because there are less opportunities for the workers. The liberal solution is backwards, which is why the pay gap is getting bigger, not smaller.

Not only do the liberals want to set a minimum wage they also want to set a maximum wage. Actually they really want to control wages through central planning.
Bingo. We have a winner.

I always tell my Republican friends to steer clear of the Minimum Wage issue. It's a big Lose/Lose for them. Some of them actually argue that American Workers making pitiful wages is a 'Good Thing.' I just tell em to be quiet and stop digging that hole. They come off as greedy old fat white dudes. And that image kills them in the General Election.

They just seem way too quick to insult struggling Workers , while worshipping greedy Corporate bastards. That's just not a winning platform in General Elections. The People prefer Politicians who at least give the impression they're fighting for the struggling American Worker. Too many Republicans just don't give that impression. In fact, they give the opposite impression. So take my advice Republicans, don't touch the Minimum Wage issue anymore. You already lost bigtime on it.
You don't have any Republican friends. We've covered this before. Friends don't smear friends.

Not smearing em. Just stating the reality. That ugly 'greedy old fat white dude' image is gonna kill em in future General Elections. They should take my advice, and start standing up for struggling American Workers. It's what the People want.

American workers need "help" from clueless civil servants.....
You know, to help improve their lives...
Perhaps a higher minimum wage, free tuition, mandatory universal healthcare, a higher sociAl security tax,
A higher retirement age, five years of unemployment insurance, food stamps for all.....
More programs, any programs !!!!!!!

I always tell my Republican friends to steer clear of the Minimum Wage issue. It's a big Lose/Lose for them. Some of them actually argue that American Workers making pitiful wages is a 'Good Thing.' I just tell em to be quiet and stop digging that hole. They come off as greedy old fat white dudes. And that image kills them in the General Election.

They just seem way too quick to insult struggling Workers , while worshipping greedy Corporate bastards. That's just not a winning platform in General Elections. The People prefer Politicians who at least give the impression they're fighting for the struggling American Worker. Too many Republicans just don't give that impression. In fact, they give the opposite impression. So take my advice Republicans, don't touch the Minimum Wage issue anymore. You already lost bigtime on it.
You don't have any Republican friends. We've covered this before. Friends don't smear friends.
Not smearing em. Just stating the reality. That ugly 'greedy old fat white dude' image is gonna kill em in future General Elections. They should take my advice, and start standing up for struggling American Workers. It's what the People want.
The people spoke in November, we don't let internet pussies run our country, sorry. The reality is that you are a smear monger and have no Republican friends. Likely no Democrat ones either.

The point is to make sure the super rich don't use people without paying enough to live on. Yes, that takes government force! So did ending slavery, child labor and piss poor work conditions.
That's the argument for all things liberal. All those things you mentioned were solved by technology. The government didn't do shit until it was possible.

The super rich got that way for a reason, they use the marketplace and the worse the overall economy is the better they can do because there are less opportunities for the workers. The liberal solution is backwards, which is why the pay gap is getting bigger, not smaller.
Not only do the liberals want to set a minimum wage they also want to set a maximum wage. Actually they really want to control all wages through central planning.
Yep. And they need leftist government officials to do it because they alone know what's good for their subjects.

And then they will be unemployed. Your system will get politicians elected, and people impoverished.

The people spoke in November, we don't let internet pussies run our country, sorry. The reality is that you are a smear monger and have no Republican friends. Likely no Democrat ones either.

You guys gotta let go of your hate & greed. Your disdain for average struggling workers is irrational and unjust. Jesus would not approve. Those Cashiers, McDonalds workers, and Bag-stuffers are your fellow Americans. And they provide you with services you both want and need. They're not sitting around milking Welfare. They're out there working hard. You guys gotta stop insulting and ridiculing them.

There's gonna be a big backlash on the insults and ridicule. In fact, it's beginning to happen right now. You're gonna hand the White House to the Democrats again. You guys gotta ditch that 'greedy old fat white dude' image. It's gonna kill ya in future General Elections.

You guys gotta let go of your hate & greed. Your disdain for average struggling workers is irrational and unjust. Jesus would not approve. Those Cashiers, McDonalds workers, and Bag-stuffers are your fellow Americans. And they provide you with services you both want and need. They're not sitting around milking Welfare. They're out there working hard. You guys gotta stop insulting and ridiculing them.

There's gonna be a big backlash on the insults and ridicule. In fact, it's beginning to happen right now. You're gonna hand the White House to the Democrats again. You guys gotta ditch that 'greedy old fat white dude' image. It's gonna kill ya in future General Elections.

You are the one harming the workers. Not us.

And then they will be unemployed. Your system will get politicians elected, and people impoverished.

Nah, the sky won't fall. It never does. Businesses will bitch & moan about having to pay Employees more, and then they'll shut up and deal with it. Life will go on. It always does.

Republicans really have painted themselves into a corner. They're seen as people who blame Workers for everything, while worshipping and licking corporate bastard boots. They're basically handing another Election over to the Democrats. They desperately need to shed that 'greedy old fat white dude' image. It is what it is.

you don't get it.

Those cashiers, McDonalds workers and Bag Stuffers are our fellow Americans, yes....but they are supposed to be the youth of America...not adults trying to support families.

When I was in high school, every cashier, McDonalds worker and bag stuffer was a friend...a classmate....a teenager looking for weekend cash.

But over the last decade or so, adults deemed those jobs as worthy...you know....a little welfare, some food stamps, the ER for free...and hey..."I can work at McDonalds and not have to worry about stress and working hard."

Sorry Obama...those adults that work at McDonalds are NOT hard working Americans. They are WORKING Americans that don't want to work hard.

So no, they should not increase the minimum wage to a wage that can support a family. They should tell those people to stop taking jobs away from the kids and get a real job.

Nah, the sky won't fall. It never does. Businesses will bitch & moan about having to pay Employees more, and then they'll shut up and deal with it. Life will go on. It always does.

Republicans really have painted themselves into a corner. They're seen as people who blame Workers for everything, while worshipping and licking corporate bastard boots. They're basically handing another Election over to the Democrats. They desperately need to shed that 'greedy old fat white dude' image. It is what it is.

But it has dude. Everything we said would happen, has happened. Exactly as we said it would.

Try this.... look up the unemployment rate for 25 and younger. Compared the rates of unemployment before 2007, and to thereafter?

What happened in 2007? The minimum wage went from $5.25 to $7.25.

IF you were right..... then why isn't everyone super happy? The minimum wage is way higher than before.

Instead, we have higher unemployment, and a sluggish economy.

I thought you people said that raising the minimum wage would improve the economy? Sure doesn't seem to have.

YOU harmed them. YOU HARMED THE WORKERS. You did. Not us.

Why do you suppose that is? It isnt that there are no jobs for those people. It's that you have people who are worth 10/hr, people worth 8/hr, people worth 5/hr and people worth 2/hr. But if you set the minimum at 10/hr you'll only hire people who are worth 10/hr. The people worth less than that wont get hired at all. Which is whyyou dont see them working at those jobs anymore.

This logic isn't hard to grasp: if an employee is a shitty worker, you fire them. If they do their job well and work full time, you pay them a wage they can actually live off of. Problem solved you ass clown.

And that, Billy Boy, is exactly how our economy works. Those who are worth more than MW get more. Those who are worth only MW (or less) cision is made by the parties involved ... the employee (by his acceptance of MW) and his employer (who is willing to pay it). You and the federal gov't have no business in their decisions.
You know what's funny? In a liberal mind they think the government is subsidizing a company for paying a employee low wages.

In fact the opposite is true, the government is subsidizing the low skilled 35 year old employee.

The government then picks up the tab for Obama smart phones, 50 inch flat television, steak dinners and crap like that, so they don't revolt and vote democrat

Why are you advocating for people to make less than they did fifty years ago? Don't you think wages should rise as time goes by?

Oh for God's sake! If raising wages simply means a corresponding raise in the price of goods and services then what have you accomplished? Let the free market determine what a job is worth. Let people's skills and work ethic determine what they can command for pay.

Oh for God's sake! If raising wages simply means a corresponding raise in the price of goods and services then what have you accomplished? Let the free market determine what a job is worth. Let people's skills and work ethic determine what they can command for pay.
It's actually not a corresponding rise in prices. It is a rise in prices among businesses that cater to lower income people but employ people all across the spectrum. So the teenaged son of a lawyer and dental hygienist will get rewarded at the expense of the son of the single mother on welfare.
Min wage takes money from poorer people and gives money to upper income people. As usual the truth is the exact opposite of what libs say.

And if we make the minimum wage $100/hr nobody would be eligible for food stamps! Let's do it!

Fucking ridiculous. Point out the post where anyone who supports an increase in MW is calling for a 100 dollar an hour MW.

Point out the post so I can go make fun of them instead of you. The only posts I see calling for some crazy number like you just did is the crazy ass right wingers who hate the idea of raising the MW.
Why is that number crazy? Is there a tipping point where the number becomes crazy? If so, how is the tipping point determined? Should the minimum wage be raised to just under the "crazy" tipping point?

Apparently the tipping point is $10.11 an hour.

Because artificially increasing the cost of labor in this country will produce less of it and cause more people to be on an already overloaded government assistance system.

Show me where that has been the case in the last 77 years! Of course paying people less than it costs to eat doesn't contribute in any way.
You all keep saying this stupid shit but back it up with nothing.

You are an idiot. I guess every computer programmer in Silicon Valley is earning $7.50 or whatever the lowest wage allowed by law is.

The context was who determines the LEAST worth of an employee. Christ you fools are dense. Still waiting for the proof of rising unemployment from MW.

Forum List

Back