I don't want a president that wants to force the bible on this nation

A President's religious views are his own. If you don't like his beliefs don't elect him.

I also don't want some godless, immoral, unethical President who has no conscience or guiding morals / principles / compass.
And Trump will lose for that reason. And so many more.

A President's religious views are his own. If you don't like his beliefs don't elect him.

I also don't want some godless, immoral, unethical President who has no conscience or guiding morals / principles / compass.
If that is what you don't want, then don't vote for Trump.

Well, at least dead people actually existed and may have left a spirit and/or physical traces of their existence.

Yes, I'm sure those spirits are all around us.

You know, in the past, people that claimed they were in contact with the dead were locked up where they could not hurt themselves or others. Today, Democrats support such people to be President.

I find it so amusing that no matter what the circumstance of a Democrat politician, their sheep will find excuses to justify their stupidity, criminal activity, or maniacal claims of interactions with voices from beyond.

We certainly don't want to give access to the red button to a successful businessman. Give that access to a woman that has demonstrated she doesn't have the ability to take that 3:00 am morning call or can be trusted with confidential, sensitive or classified material. She has failed at all levels.

Yeah, yada yada yada. Let me know when you have something reasonable to say.

Link where Trump is forcing the Bible on America please...and not some opinion piece from some left loon site

Link to where you say you don't wish he was.

I watched some of his events in the primaries and he wants to give more power to the church within the political system. This is the last thing we need.
:badgrin::badgrin::booze:LIAR.. LINK it.

Maybe this will help...

Trump wants to give power back to the Church ... - Christian Today

Link where Trump is forcing the Bible on America please...and not some opinion piece from some left loon site

I watched some of his events in the primaries and he wants to give more power to the church within the political system. This is the last thing we need.

Maybe this will help...

From your own fucking link:

I want pastors to be able to speak. They're afraid to speak now, they're afraid to get involved in politics because of tax-exempt status and I want pastors to be able to speak. ... I want pastors and ministers to be able and get up and speak on behalf of Christianity," Trump said.

OMG, Christians exercising free speech without fear ... HOW HORRIBLE..

You fucking liberals are your own worst enemies..

Idon't want a president that wishes to force the bible on this nation as Trump seems to be doing. Seriously, there's separation between church and state and that is the way it should remain. Nothing has ever came good from such made up mindless bullshit and not everyone in this nation is a christian to begin with.

Dont worry, Matthew, no one is interested in forcing you to stop beating off to Manga.

IA president needs to be able to use logic and facts to govern instead of quoting a 2,000 year old goat herders book.

Your own statement is filled with several errors and makes a non sequitur.

So you want a President that is much smarter than you? Low bar.

IWe bitch about the middle east and how they brainwash their population with the idiocy of the Koran, but I believe every society that has such a religion needs to do the same. Keep it out of government!!!!

Were it not for Christianity there would not be modern science, you moron.

Grow the fuck up, little boy and stop repeating everything your boyfriend tells you, mmmk?

I don't want a President who is so damn stupid as to not know what freedom of religion means. You know, like this nitwit asshole Obama.
Wrong.

You and other conservatives this ignorant of the law are in no position to refer to others as ‘stupid.’

The Establishment Clause of the First Amendment protects freedom from religion – government may not compel citizens to follow a particular religion, government may not codify into secular law subjective religious dogma, and government may not seek to disadvantage a given religious minority and those free from faith.

Sorry Moon Bat but that asshole Obama has been overturned in the Supreme Court on freedom of religion issues when he tried to curtail that freedom so if anybody is ignorant it is you Moon Bats that continue to have confidence in the worse President this country ever had.

Trump is not a Bible thumper. Trump and his supporters have ceded the moral high ground forever. Values voters, say good bye to fighting for your wedge issues. Abortion, same sex marriage, bathroom issues (no pun intended) are off the table if, God forbid, Trump should be elected.

Behaving as he does and the Alt-Right support he embraces means no one will listen to Trump on how we should behave and what morals we should advance. Trump's in the gutter, and so are your wishes on values issues.

He is still better than the alternative.

And if he appoints a judge who is not a leftists, that means that laws can be passed that won't be overturned for not being progressive.

Trump might be a lot of things, but a Bible Thumper he's not.
True.

The problem is a Trump ‘administration’ would be populated with Bush-era retreads, the same extremists who gave us the likes of Thomas and Alito would likewise get Trump to appoint judges to the Federal courts and justices to the Supreme Court hostile to settled, accepted Establishment Clause jurisprudence, and violate the Framers’ mandate that church and state remain separate.

Your side of the Court supports Disparate Impact Theory.

THAT is extremist.

Your post is unsupported partisan spin.

Maybe this will help...

Ouch.

I don't want a president that wishes to force the bible on this nation as Trump seems to be doing...

Since Cruz isn't one of the candidates, you've got nothing to worry about.

Trump is many things but he certainly isn't a religious nut (well, he believes in the Trump religion of course but not in the bible).

:coffee:

Maybe this will help...

...and that asshole Obama tried to take freedom of religion away from the American people. Go ask the Sisters of the Poor if you have any doubts.

That really mean ass stupid bitch Crooked Hillary will continue in Obama's footsteps. Who in their right mind would vote for somebody like that?

Given the choice between having freedom of religion curtailed and having it restored that is pretty well a no brainer, isn't it Moon Bat?

I don't want a president that wishes to force the bible on this nation as Trump seems to be doing. Seriously, there's separation between church and state and that is the way it should remain. Nothing has ever came good from such made up mindless bullshit and not everyone in this nation is a christian to begin with.

A president needs to be able to use logic and facts to govern instead of quoting a 2,000 year old goat herders book. We bitch about the middle east and how they brainwash their population with the idiocy of the Koran, but I believe every society that has such a religion needs to do the same. Keep it out of government!!!!
In the first place, there is nothing in the Constitution about "separation between church and state" - this argument is nothing more than an opinion of the court, more commonly known as an "interpretation" of the Constitution.
In fact, it would within a politician's or administration's Constitutional rights to endorse a particular religion so long as no one is forced by law to accept that religion. Simply because a president or senator, etc. favors a certain religion does not mean that you or anyone else has to accept that faith.

Next, as has been pointed out in earlier reply, how some specific examples of Trump (or any other candidate) trying to force any religion on the nation?

I don't want a president that wishes to force the bible on this nation as Trump seems to be doing. Seriously, there's separation between church and state and that is the way it should remain. Nothing has ever came good from such made up mindless bullshit and not everyone in this nation is a christian to begin with.

A president needs to be able to use logic and facts to govern instead of quoting a 2,000 year old goat herders book. We bitch about the middle east and how they brainwash their population with the idiocy of the Koran, but I believe every society that has such a religion needs to do the same. Keep it out of government!!!!

Trump isn't even religious. Any religious he does use will be fake.

...and that asshole Obama tried to take freedom of religion away from the American people. Go ask the Sisters of the Poor if you have any doubts.

Or anyone of the businesses that cater to weddings that got sued or fined by their government for practicing their religion in choosing customers.

Or anyone of the businesses that cater to weddings that got sued or fined by their government for practicing their religion in choosing customers.

There are several more examples. Sending the government thugs to arrest Kim Davis is another.

In the first place, there is nothing in the Constitution about "separation between church and state" - this argument is nothing more than an opinion of the court, more commonly known as an "interpretation" of the Constitution.
In fact, it would within a politician's or administration's Constitutional rights to endorse a particular religion so long as no one is forced by law to accept that religion. Simply because a president or senator, etc. favors a certain religion does not mean that you or anyone else has to accept that faith.

They were also carful about highlighting "Congress" as those prohibited from respecting religion. What does Congress have to do with a public school class led into prayer by a teacher? Nothing. Congress are the people at our federal level, not local.

Forum List

Back