🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I envy gun owners (the responsible ones)

I believe in a person's right to own or not own guns. I don't look down on anyone who chooses not to. I'm simply opposed to them who believe that I shouldn't because they don't like them.

I've owned more than 50 (estimated) guns in my life and currently own 14. The only reason I have this many right now is because I helped a couple of friends who were in a financial bind. I'm basically holding 5 guns until my friends can buy them back. If they never do -- then I'll either keep them or sell them for cash.

I'm sorry you aren't able to have them but it's my opinion that unless you are a violent felon that nothing should keep you from owning at least one for self protection.
I should like to ask the millions of Americans who feel as this poster does if there should not be a similar benign tolerance for those of our fellow citizens who feel about hand grenades, mortars or RPGs the way he does about guns. These weapon systems are also essential to any effective militia and can come in quite handy for home defense. All are forms of "arms" as cited in the Second Amendment.

Strict constructionists who interpret the Constitution by the light of the Founders' Intent, claim that the Second Amendment grants members of a state militia the right to keep and bear a smooth bore flintlock musket. Most of us think that is an overly strict and narrow interpretation and that the II Amendment gives pretty much everyone the right to own a semi-automatic firearm for home defense. But why draw the line there? Why not fully automatic firearms? Why not grenades and mortars? There is too much fuzzy thinking about this right to bear arms thing.

Your attempt at sarcasm is duly noted. However, there is some truth to what you say, the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company of Boston was founded in the 1600's and was a private militia unit that owned it's own artillery, so there IS a precedent! Bet that shocked the crap out of you didn't it!:lol::lol:

I own machineguns and yes, they can be quite useful in a home defense situation however RPG's really don't have a place. the backblast will kill you, AND blow whatever wall of your house it's pointed at to bits....so that's a non starter.

I believe in a person's right to own or not own guns. I don't look down on anyone who chooses not to. I'm simply opposed to them who believe that I shouldn't because they don't like them.

I've owned more than 50 (estimated) guns in my life and currently own 14. The only reason I have this many right now is because I helped a couple of friends who were in a financial bind. I'm basically holding 5 guns until my friends can buy them back. If they never do -- then I'll either keep them or sell them for cash.

I'm sorry you aren't able to have them but it's my opinion that unless you are a violent felon that nothing should keep you from owning at least one for self protection.
I should like to ask the millions of Americans who feel as this poster does if there should not be a similar benign tolerance for those of our fellow citizens who feel about hand grenades, mortars or RPGs the way he does about guns. These weapon systems are also essential to any effective militia and can come in quite handy for home defense. All are forms of "arms" as cited in the Second Amendment.

Strict constructionists who interpret the Constitution by the light of the Founders' Intent, claim that the Second Amendment grants members of a state militia the right to keep and bear a smooth bore flintlock musket. Most of us think that is an overly strict and narrow interpretation and that the II Amendment gives pretty much everyone the right to own a semi-automatic firearm for home defense. But why draw the line there? Why not fully automatic firearms? Why not grenades and mortars? There is too much fuzzy thinking about this right to bear arms thing.

And it is with forwarding thinking, in my opinion, they did not list type of arms, as, I am pretty certain, they saw arms development evolving within their own lifetimes.

I would love to own some guns. As you all know I can't so there's that little problem. Having said that I'm pretty tired of the accusation that I or others fear guns simply because we dont own them.
I have 0 peoblems with guns but common sense dictates that if I see someone openly carrying one and I DONT KNOW THEM that it would be wise to exercise caution NOT fear.

normal people don't want strangers with guns sitting in the restaurant they're in... or the movies or any other public place.

Out here it is a common occurrence and no one cares in the slightest. Most don't open carry, I certainly don't I carry concealed, but no one seems to care here.

I would love to own some guns. As you all know I can't so there's that little problem. Having said that I'm pretty tired of the accusation that I or others fear guns simply because we dont own them.
I have 0 peoblems with guns but common sense dictates that if I see someone openly carrying one and I DONT KNOW THEM that it would be wise to exercise caution NOT fear.

normal people don't want strangers with guns sitting in the restaurant they're in... or the movies or any other public place.

Out here it is a common occurrence and no one cares in the slightest. Most don't open carry, I certainly don't I carry concealed, but no one seems to care here.

i think it's dangerous and intended to bully. i'm pretty sure the wingers who thought it was ok to stalk and kill a black kid just for walking would sing a different tune if the people carrying the guns were wearing hoodies.

I envy gun owners (the responsible ones)

I missed the 'as you all know' part. I might have been busy with another thread or something. I don't want to derail anything, but why can't you?

Stupid mistakes as a teenager that got me charged as an adult. And as an example of the lefts desire to make gun laws stricter to cut down on crime I can tell you first hand that neither did I know the punishments nor would I have cared. The threat of punishment did not deter me in the least. Only maturity and a change in mindset accomplished that. Yes, the punishment DID stop me from the path I had chosen but it had no effect on me prior to the acts being committed. As with most criminals I simply didn't care.

When I am carrying, which about 99.99% of the time when I am out in public, no one knows. Only my wife, my son, and a few close friends (Most of which are also carrying.) know.

Even my boss knows that I am carrying when I am at work, and he approves of it. None of the customers know.

If I were to be sitting at the table next to you in an eatery, you would never know unless something were to happen that I needed to draw it to protect my life or my family's lives. At that point, you would be thanking me for having a gun if I used it to protect your miserable life or the life of one of your loved ones, if you have any.

You would call a cop to come protect you, right?

Why?

Because they carry guns. That's why.

And while it may take up to 10 or even 20 minutes for the police to arrive with their guns, leaving the bad guy with all that time to murder you and your family and friends, if there was a person sitting next to you with a gun, chances are much better that your life, such as it is, would be saved.

i think it's dangerous and intended to bully. i'm pretty sure the wingers who thought it was ok to stalk and kill a black kid just for walking would sing a different tune if the people carrying the guns were wearing hoodies.

Not at all. There is no bullying going on at all. The fact is that everyone of the people I know who open carry (yes there are two women) are among the most courteous people out here. Like I said, no one pays too much attention to guns on hips out here unless Street Vibrations is going on, then people pay more attention because there are Mongols and Hells Angels wandering around.

Other than that no one really cares.

It was the racist wearing the Hoodie that attacked the guy with the gun because he thought he was a "Creepy ass Cracker".

But, as usual, don't let facts get in the way of you telling your lies.

When I am carrying, which about 99.99% of the time when I am out in public, no one knows. Only my wife, my son, and a few close friends (Most of which are also carrying.) know.

Even my boss knows that I am carrying when I am at work, and he approves of it. None of the customers know.

If I were to be sitting at the table next to you in an eatery, you would never know unless something were to happen that I needed to draw it to protect my life or my family's lives. At that point, you would be thanking me for having a gun if I used it to protect your miserable life or the life of one of your loved ones, if you have any.

Why?

And while it may take up to 10 or even 20 minutes for the police to arrive with their guns, leaving the bad guy with all that time to murder you and your family and friends, if there was a person sitting next to you with a gun, chances are much better that your life, such as it is, would be saved.

braindead shroom conflating unrelated issues.

no beer addled loon should be sitting in a restaurant near my family with a gun.

i don't have a problem with lawful weapons, if you weren't a braindead shroom you would know that. my son has been taught how to safely use weapons. but you wouldn't know that 3either.

what i don't want is someone like you who uses a gun to compensate for a lack of genitalia sitting near my family in a restaurant or movie theatre. you are more likely to injure yourself or us than any imaginary "bad guy". i'm also pretty sure you were perfectly ok with stalking and killing an unarmed young black man. if he had a gun exposed, you would have said he should have been struck down sooner.

most of us don't live our lives in fear like you do.

Last edited:

In rare cases, it is possible for someone convicted of a felony or misdemeanor domestic violence to regain his right to own a gun. It's not easy but it is possible:

10. Can a felon ever regain the right to own a gun by having his civil rights restored? Theoretically yes, but practically no. 18 U.S.C. §§ 921(a)(20) and (a)(33)(B)(ii) say that "[a]ny conviction which has been expunged, or set aside or for which a person has been pardoned or has had civil rights restored shall not be considered a conviction for purposes of" the federal gun ban.

**snip**

Is there any other way to regain the right to own a gun? In theory, you can make application to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) under 18 U.S.C. § 925(c) to request restoration of your gun rights. The application is supposedly granted if "it is established . . . that the circumstances . . . and the applicant's record and reputation, are such that the applicant will not be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety and that the granting of the relief would not be contrary to the public interest."

The Top 10 Things You Need to Know About Federal Gun Law | Law Offices of Keith A. Williams, P.A. | Greenville North Carolina

I think normal people would be opposed to being in a situation where they are helpless with no one else able to protect them.

The left has no problem with police officers having guns and would be damn glad they are around should they be in trouble. Police officers are just regular citizens who took a fairly short course to become officers. The average gun owner is likely just as honest, responsible and intelligent as any officer.

I suspect some on the left envision the cowboys of yesterday who were ready for a gunfight at the OK Corral. Maybe they think people will get shot for cheating at cards or even snoring. It's sad that some have such a skewed view of what the typical gun owner is like.

Meanwhile, they won't take the time to ask what the typical criminal is like these days. This is largely ignored as they try to convince the public that the school shootings were done by average NRA members. This type of thinking is dangerous, yet that is what the left pushes as truth.

Even the likes of Jesse James is less frightening than a piece of scum looking for a random victim to murder as part of the initiation into a gang.

I do realize that the mere sight of a gun frightens those who are ignorant of how to handle them and have a general mistrust of people to start with. I find that most of the far left policies show a complete lack of faith in people's intelligence and ability. It is unreasonable fears or just a need to control that drives the left? If they really are afraid, then perhaps it's common for people with unreasonable fears to want to pass them along to the children in schools. That's what is happening. Children learn to fear guns and they are taught to tattle on anyone who shows the slightest interest in them. They will grow up believing that guns and gun owners are evil and should be feared. If it's a need to control people, the tactics are just the same. Hard to tell the motivation, but likely it's both. A need to control by the powers that be and a phobia on the part of the indoctrinated masses.

Getting tough on crime is a good thing, though never in history has it worked to hold the honest people accountable for the sins of the criminals. Obama's administration released tens of thousands of violent illegal aliens onto the streets. They were murderers, rapists and thugs. Why does the left not show fear to the real threat and instead express horror at the thought of decent people being armed? Those illegal aliens, along with all the other criminals, will continue to carry weapons and they have a penchant for harming others whenever they get the chance.

It just makes no sense that the left is tolerant of the real dangers while constantly seeking to control the group that is clearly the most benevolent.

Last edited:

Why?

braindead shroom conflating unrelated issues.

no beer addled loon should be sitting in a restaurant near my family with a gun.

i don't have a problem with lawful weapons, if you weren't a braindead shroom you would know that. my son has been taught how to safely use weapons. but you wouldn't know that 3either.

what i don't want is someone like you who uses a gun to compensate for a lack of genitalia sitting near my family in a restaurant or movie theatre. you are more likely to injure yourself or us than any imaginary "bad guy". i'm also pretty sure you were perfectly ok with stalking and killing an unarmed young black man. if he had a gun exposed, you would have said he should have been struck down sooner.

most of us don't live our lives in fear like you do.

Me and guys like me carry guns into restaurants as a matter of routine. Mine is simply hidden. Who knows ... maybe I had a nice, juicy steak and mashed tatters just one table away from you and you couldn't do a thing about it. My gun was in the ready while I devoured that yummy steak. :lol:

I think normal people would be opposed to being in a situation where they are helpless with no one else able to protect them.

normal people don't live in obsessive fear.

your mindset is why most mass killings occur in red states.

So you don't believe in having a Fire Extinguisher around just in case there is a fire, health insurance just in case you get sick, car insurance in case you have an accident, or even Police or a Fire Department in case you need their services?

I really don't see how it's constitutional to take away a man's right just because he was convicted of a crime.

I think if a man pays his debt to society and learned from his mistake then ALL of his rights should be restored. I'm sure Gramps still has a right to free speech; freedom of assembly; right to privacy; etc. Why is it legal to steal one right and not the rest?

Last edited:

normal people don't live in obsessive fear.

your mindset is why most mass killings occur in red states.

So you don't believe in having a Fire Extinguisher around just in case there is a fire, health insurance just in case you get sick, car insurance in case you have an accident, or even Police or a Fire Department in case you need their services?

Quit making so much sense. Progressive loons HATE that.:mad: :lol:

Your attempt at sarcasm is duly noted. However, there is some truth to what you say, the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company of Boston was founded in the 1600's and was a private militia unit that owned it's own artillery, so there IS a precedent! Bet that shocked the crap out of you didn't it!:lol::lol:

I own machineguns and yes, they can be quite useful in a home defense situation however RPG's really don't have a place. the backblast will kill you, AND blow whatever wall of your house it's pointed at to bits....so that's a non starter.

Federal arms licenses for vendors is being reviewed constantly.

Boston's artillery company became subject to government control with the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment.

Private citizens, who are not dealers (which is under review), cannot own certain categories of weapons.

You, Westwall, don't get a missile frigate for your local marina. Tough to be you.

"If I were to be sitting at the table next to you in an eatery, you would never know unless something were to happen that I needed to draw it to protect my life or my family's lives. At that point, you would be thanking me for having a gun if I used it to protect your miserable life or the life of one of your loved ones, if you have any."

Fine, as long as you know that if you, in the act of violence, hurt any of my loved ones, the remainder of your miserable life will be in litigation. You will be paying for my grandchildren's education at UNLV, Reno, USU, and Brigham Young.

Forum List

Back