I Feel Sorry For Democrats

If ISIS attacks DC as they are advertising, I may begin to feel sorry for the dems. They probably wouldn't win another election in my lifetime if that happens....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Why wouldn't dems win elections afterward? The greatest attack on American soil was accomplished under cheneybush/ who refused to look into all the warnings of an impending attack, yet republicans are still winning elections. Of course they've had a little help with winning aids like voter caging, redistricting, etc.

Of course they did:

Redistricting didn’t win Republicans the House

Redistricting didn’t win Republicans the House

We're not talking about just those that earn money. If that was the case, I would have no objection. We're talking about people with a lot of money--people that have been supporting the rest of the country for many years now.

Personally I'm for a progressive consumption tax, that way everybody pays. When our politicians spend more, our consumption tax increases. Everybody has skin in the game.

That's what we have in the county I live in. In Cuyahoga County, we pay 7.75 cents on every dollar that changes hands. The rich pay this tax, the middle-class pay this tax, and the poor pay this tax.

It's so invitingly easy when government says "I'm going to give you this, I'm going to give you that, I'm going to give you a lot of between" and then foots the bill to somebody else.
A consumption tax is not an awful idea, but it does shift too much of the overall tax burden upon the lower income workers.

If they're such low income, it means they can't consume as much, therefore, not paying as much.
Learn to read. I didn't say they'd be paying as much. I said too much of the tax burden would be shifted to them.

Not if they're paying their fair share. Currently, almost half the country pays nothing in income taxes. That's not a fair share since the rest of us have had the burden shifted to us for too long. It's high time those paying nothing start paying something for living in society.
Here ya go...

... Show me which tax bracket is exempt from paying taxes....

Nice try. Those brackets apply only to half of society. The sorry half is the one not paying anything.

I can show you that half don't pay income taxes and you thinks that's OK. You fucking piece of worthless dog shit. A turd serves more of a purpose than you do.

What would you like me to prove; be specific.
The claim that [roughly] half of wage earners pay no federal income tax.

Yep, and that's the truth.
Then prove it.....

View attachment 54956

TPC Tax Topics | Who Doesn't Pay Federal Taxes?
I challenged you to prove the claim that [roughly] half of income earners pay no income tax; not to prove what I said, that [roughly] half of U.S. households pay no income tax.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

households ≠ income earners.

Try harder.

Surprise! Who's not paying federal income tax?
By Todd Spangler, Detroit Free Press
Updated 10/12/2011 12:11 PM

The lowest-income Americans — those who make less than $25,000 a year — account for the largest number of those not paying any federal income tax: 76% as of 2009. But that share has been decreasing for years. Meanwhile, the percentage of nontaxable returns has been growing for people with higher incomes. As of 2009, more than 20,000 filers making more than $200,000 a year — 1,470 of whom had adjusted gross income of more than $1 million — owed no income tax, a Detroit Free Press analysis showed.

A consumption tax is not an awful idea, but it does shift too much of the overall tax burden upon the lower income workers.

If they're such low income, it means they can't consume as much, therefore, not paying as much.
Learn to read. I didn't say they'd be paying as much. I said too much of the tax burden would be shifted to them.

Not if they're paying their fair share. Currently, almost half the country pays nothing in income taxes. That's not a fair share since the rest of us have had the burden shifted to us for too long. It's high time those paying nothing start paying something for living in society.
Here ya go...

Nice try. Those brackets apply only to half of society. The sorry half is the one not paying anything.

I can show you that half don't pay income taxes and you thinks that's OK. You fucking piece of worthless dog shit. A turd serves more of a purpose than you do.
You fucking idiot ... there's no special bracket for half of the country. Those brackets apply to everyone. :eusa_doh:

Here ya go...

You fucking idiot ... there's no special bracket for half of the country. Those brackets apply to everyone. :eusa_doh:

Didn't say there were special brackets. Did say have the country falls outside of those brackets, specifically the low income leeches, who don't pay a dime in income taxes yet draw from the pot to which they don't contribute. If they want to be a part of society to the same level as the rest of us, let them start doing their part. Not paying income taxes isn't doing their part.

The claim that [roughly] half of wage earners pay no federal income tax.

Yep, and that's the truth.
Then prove it.....

View attachment 54956

I challenged you to prove the claim that [roughly] half of income earners pay no income tax; not to prove what I said, that [roughly] half of U.S. households pay no income tax.

Try harder.

The lowest-income Americans — those who make less than $25,000 a year — account for the largest number of those not paying any federal income tax: 76% as of 2009. But that share has been decreasing for years. Meanwhile, the percentage of nontaxable returns has been growing for people with higher incomes. As of 2009, more than 20,000 filers making more than $200,000 a year — 1,470 of whom had adjusted gross income of more than $1 million — owed no income tax, a Detroit Free Press analysis showed.
Great. So to prove [roughly] half of income earners pay no tax, you produce evidence the number is actually closer to about 9%. :thup: And even that was in 2009 and decreasing.

Thanks!

Here ya go...

Didn't say there were special brackets. Did say have the country falls outside of those brackets, specifically the low income leeches, who don't pay a dime in income taxes yet draw from the pot to which they don't contribute. If they want to be a part of society to the same level as the rest of us, let them start doing their part. Not paying income taxes isn't doing their part.
As Ray just posted, those non-tax-payer "low income leaches" amount to about 8%, not 50%. And there is no special bracket for "low income leaches." You're fucked in the head. Those "low income leaches" are in the same bracket as every other worker earning comparable income.

Try harder.

Great. So to prove [roughly] half of income earners pay no tax, you produce evidence the number is actually closer to about 9%. :thup: And even that was in 2009 and decreasing.

Thanks!

You need to read a little better or go to the story:

Question: So the reports that half the U.S. doesn't pay taxes are true?

Answer: No, they're not. According to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center in Washington, D.C., 46% of tax filers will owe no federal income tax this year.

Now, out of that 46% that pay no federal income tax, 76% of those people make under $25,000 per year.

Try harder.

Thanks!

Answer: No, they're not. According to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center in Washington, D.C., 46% of tax filers will owe no federal income tax this year.

Now, out of that 46% that pay no federal income tax, 76% of those people make under $25,000 per year.

Half do not pay income tax because Republicans needed to cut taxes on low wage workers to justify their tax cuts for billionaires

Now they look at the low wage workers not paying taxes and whine that it is not fair to billionaires

Try harder.

Thanks!

Half do not pay income tax because Republicans needed to cut taxes on low wage workers to justify their tax cuts for billionaires

Now they look at the low wage workers not paying taxes and whine that it is not fair to billionaires

Only from the standpoint that Democrats are crying we need more tax money. Other than that, we are all for lower taxes on everybody.

Bottom line: if we have to tax some group of people, why not those who pay no income tax now? Why should we go to the people who pay most all of our tax for the entire country?

Try harder.

Thanks!

Only from the standpoint that Democrats are crying we need more tax money. Other than that, we are all for lower taxes on everybody.

Bottom line: if we have to tax some group of people, why not those who pay no income tax now? Why should we go to the people who pay most all of our tax for the entire country?

350px-U.S._Distribution_of_Wealth,_2007.jpg

Why would anyone look at this chart and say..........we need to go after the 40% group that has only 2 TENTHS of a percent of the wealth?

Try harder.

Thanks!

The article you cite has it wrong. They cite the Tax Policy Center but the Tax Policy Center indicates they're talking about households, not individual tax filers...

When it comes to individual filers, your article points to 76% of those earning under $25K and 1% earning more than $200K ... at most, 9% of all tax filers.

Try harder.

Thanks!

The article you cite has it wrong. They cite the Tax Policy Center but the Tax Policy Center indicates they're talking about households, not individual tax filers...

When it comes to individual filers, your article points to 76% of those earning under $25K and 1% earning more than $200K ... at most, 9% of all tax filers.

One more time: 46% of wage earners will not have to pay income taxes. What don't you understand about that? It's right there in the article.

Try harder.

Thanks!

How much revenue do you think can be found among about 9% of filers not paying taxes, the vast majority of whom are among the least income earners?

Thanks!

Why would anyone look at this chart and say..........we need to go after the 40% group that has only 2 TENTHS of a percent of the wealth?

There is no "the wealth." It's not like we have a pile of money, and everybody has some share of that pile.

Money in the USA is not like a cake where it's divided into so many pieces. Money is endless in this country and it's up to the individual how much they wish to make. If you make money, you should pay income taxes.

Thanks!

How much revenue do you think can be found among about 9% of filers not paying taxes, the vast majority of whom are among the least income earners?

As I said earlier, I think we should have a federal consumption tax. That's what we have in the county I live in. Over here, we all pay 7.75 cents on every dollar that you purchase items wth. The poor pay this tax, the middle-class pay this tax, and the wealthy pay this tax. The more you buy, the more tax that you pay.

It can't get much fairer than that.

Try harder.

Thanks!

One more time: 46% of wage earners will not have to pay income taxes. What don't you understand about that? It's right there in the article.
That's simply not true. The Tax Policy Center says it's [currently] 43% of "households," not individual wage earners. You even posted that yourself.

Do you not understand that "housholds" are not the same as "wage earners?"

Thanks!

As I said earlier, I think we should have a federal consumption tax. That's what we have in the county I live in. Over here, we all pay 7.75 cents on every dollar that you purchase items wth. The poor pay this tax, the middle-class pay this tax, and the wealthy pay this tax. The more you buy, the more tax that you pay.

It can't get much fairer than that.
Yes, you've already said that.

Thanks!

That's simply not true. The Tax Policy Center says it's [currently] 43% of "households," not individual wage earners. You even posted that yourself.

Do you not understand that "housholds" are not the same as "wage earners?"

I can't understand why this is so difficult for you. Let's look at the article again:

Tax breaks, credits ease tax burden

In recent years, the tax code has exploded with more ways for Americans to be forgiven part of their income tax burden, so much so that more Americans seem to avoid paying taxes at all.

Well, there are still those pesky Social Security and Medicare payroll taxes, as well as various state and local sales taxes that are harder to avoid. But more middle- and even upper-income taxpayers are avoiding federal income taxes.

In recent months, estimates that as many as half of all U.S. tax filers might owe no federal income tax at all this year have caused critics to argue the issue of fairness — especially as President Obama and Democratic members of Congress push for higher taxes on wealthier earners.

A tax filer is a person who made income.

Thanks!

There is no "the wealth." It's not like we have a pile of money, and everybody has some share of that pile.

Money in the USA is not like a cake where it's divided into so many pieces. Money is endless in this country and it's up to the individual how much they wish to make. If you make money, you should pay income taxes.

Yes there is wealth...over $80 Trillion

Of which you want to go after the group that only controls 2 tenths of a percent of it

How much revenue do you think you would raise?

Forum List

Back