🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I find it very disturbing

Well I guess I'll have to be labeled imbecile by you then. But I'm pretty damn sure I'm more right about this than you are. But it is a free country and, if we believe in liberty, everybody has as much right to be wrong as they have a right to be right.

Of course you 'have to'... as you've no means to contest the reasoning.

(I should point out that THAT is yet another of the innumerable 'downsides' to advancing of deviant reasoning. It simply cannot compete with sound reasoning. AND I should also point out that you being 'pretty dam' sure' makes your concession, THAT MUCH SWEETER!)

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

Off topic but necessary:
For what it is worth, I have conceded nothing other than I believe you to be dead wrong.

Well I guess I'll have to be labeled imbecile by you then. But I'm pretty damn sure I'm more right about this than you are. But it is a free country and, if we believe in liberty, everybody has as much right to be wrong as they have a right to be right.

Of course you 'have to'... as you've no means to contest the reasoning.

(I should point out that THAT is yet another of the innumerable 'downsides' to advancing of deviant reasoning. It simply cannot compete with sound reasoning. AND I should also point out that you being 'pretty dam' sure' makes your concession, THAT MUCH SWEETER!)

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

Off topic but necessary:
For what it is worth, I have conceded nothing other than I believe you to be dead wrong.

Again, you desire to revise the meaning of words to suit your own subjective needs.

Concede: to surrender or yield.

Where you sought to deflect from the standing points you conceded TO the standing points. And it is ENTIRELY ON TOPIC, given that the topic is the Advocacy to Normalize Abnormality, and you're demonstrating the intrinsic need of abnormality to assert FALSITY AS TRUTH.

Marriage is the joining of one man and one woman.

If that is what you want your marriage to be, you are welcome to it
You just can't force others to accept your definition

That is what Nature designed... Marriage is the joining of one man and one woman.

You pretending that such is something else, simply provides that you're suffering an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder... (That means your belief that something which is demonstrably FALSE to be TRUE, requires that you're delusional.)

That the threads that get the most posts are the ones on gays. I guess that issue divides the US like no other issue. There are very strong feelings on both sides, and both sides sometimes make good arguments.

The only way to resolve it is to let the people speak by voting. We need either a national referendum on gay marriage or a constitutional amendment on it. Let the people decide and lets all live by that decision.

Certainly society must accommodate our gay citizens so they are full participants and are free to pursue life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness as all of us are intended to do. There are always a few haters around, but they are in an insignificant minority. The problem is how to accommodate one group without trampling on the rights of another. And when you peel back all the hype, propaganda, partisanship, and self-serving interests, how to accommodate all, straight and gay alike, is what the debate really is all about.

But IMO, the reason that it is so monopolizing message boards and the national attention right now is because liberalism has pretty well run out of ammunition on many its sacred cows and has 'exhausted' itself--see my thread on that in the new Structured Debate Zone. It has lost most of its clout on the economy, healthcare, trade, immigration, etc. as liberalism/progressivism is increasingly losing favor with Americans overall.

The only two riveting issues they really have left are gay rights and women's rights. And that is why they keep pushing those issues to the top of the list for attention.
The next battlefield will be over the Middle Class and who can do the most for them
Gay Marriage is a done deal, all that is left is the whimpering from the right

If gay marriage is a 'done deal' then why does it dominate the national conversation more than anything else? As I previously posted, I don't think it will ever be a 'done deal' until the left has a more volative issue to use to retain power. Again, since the left has lost so much ground in favoribility on issues like economics, healthcare, regulatory authority, immigration, national security, foreign relations, etc., the gay marriage/gay rights and abortion/women's rights issues are pretty much all they have left to use for leverage.

And except for a few members here who are as strongly anti-gay as some others are anti-religion, anti-conservative, anti-Republican etc., I see that most are quite sincere that gay people must have the same rights, opportunities, accommodations as anybody else. That is no longer the issue.

The issue is whether others will be forced to give up their rights out of some misguided view that this is necessary to accommodate gay rights.
You are pissing into the wind

Gay marriage is a fact for over half the country. By June, the Supreme Court will make it the law of the land

Ten years from now, our children will wonder what the big deal was

I disagree. What is perverse will be seen and described differently by different individuals.

Well, that happens all the time.

But that's what we have dictionaries for; to define concepts, formally, so that we can communicate effectively.

What you're claiming is that words can mean anything to anyone.

But imagine the irony, wherein THAT very position of yours IS a perversion of human reasoning.

Let me help ya through this: Perversion: the alteration of something from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended.

So once again, we find the lowly Progressive, coming to advise the reader, advocating through reasoning which constitutes, irrefutably so... can only produce REGRESSION.

Did he just call me a Progressive?

:)

:eusa_drool:

roflmao.gif

Marriage is the joining of one man and one woman.

If that is what you want your marriage to be, you are welcome to it
You just can't force others to accept your definition

That is what Nature designed... Marriage is the joining of one man and one woman.

You pretending that such is something else, simply provides that you're suffering an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder... (That means your belief that something which is demonstrably FALSE to be TRUE, requires that you're delusional.)

If that is the marriage you want.......nobody is denying it to you

Great country isn't it?

That the threads that get the most posts are the ones on gays. I guess that issue divides the US like no other issue. There are very strong feelings on both sides, and both sides sometimes make good arguments.

The only way to resolve it is to let the people speak by voting. We need either a national referendum on gay marriage or a constitutional amendment on it. Let the people decide and lets all live by that decision.

Certainly society must accommodate our gay citizens so they are full participants and are free to pursue life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness as all of us are intended to do. There are always a few haters around, but they are in an insignificant minority. The problem is how to accommodate one group without trampling on the rights of another. And when you peel back all the hype, propaganda, partisanship, and self-serving interests, how to accommodate all, straight and gay alike, is what the debate really is all about.

But IMO, the reason that it is so monopolizing message boards and the national attention right now is because liberalism has pretty well run out of ammunition on many its sacred cows and has 'exhausted' itself--see my thread on that in the new Structured Debate Zone. It has lost most of its clout on the economy, healthcare, trade, immigration, etc. as liberalism/progressivism is increasingly losing favor with Americans overall.

The only two riveting issues they really have left are gay rights and women's rights. And that is why they keep pushing those issues to the top of the list for attention.
The next battlefield will be over the Middle Class and who can do the most for them

If gay marriage is a 'done deal' then why does it dominate the national conversation more than anything else? As I previously posted, I don't think it will ever be a 'done deal' until the left has a more volative issue to use to retain power. Again, since the left has lost so much ground in favoribility on issues like economics, healthcare, regulatory authority, immigration, national security, foreign relations, etc., the gay marriage/gay rights and abortion/women's rights issues are pretty much all they have left to use for leverage.

And except for a few members here who are as strongly anti-gay as some others are anti-religion, anti-conservative, anti-Republican etc., I see that most are quite sincere that gay people must have the same rights, opportunities, accommodations as anybody else. That is no longer the issue.

The issue is whether others will be forced to give up their rights out of some misguided view that this is necessary to accommodate gay rights.

Gay marriage is a fact for over half the country. By June, the Supreme Court will make it the law of the land

And another point went flying right over somebody's head didn't it?

Sorry

But it seems the point went over your head.....gay marriage is here to stay

You do not lose your rights by giving gays theirs

Which is why the judgment of God is coming upon America, RW. To prove to you that God - not Sodom & Gomorrah - have the final word. God has the final word.

Which is why the judgment of God is coming upon America, RW. To prove to you that God - not Sodom & Gomorrah - have the final word. God has the final word.
If that is the case

Then God is on the wrong side

Nonsense.

There is no 'god' as perceived by theists, there is no 'judgment' coming to America or anywhere else – this is nothing more than ridiculous fear and superstition designed to justify discrimination and compel conformity.

Sorry

Like I said, my point went sailing right over you head or you would have seen that I see absolutely no reason that gays should not have the same rights as everybody else.

If that is the case

Those who are not on God's side will be destroyed in the coming judgment. I'd rethink that if I were you, RW. Repent!

I think those who hate homosexuals will not fare well in the coming judgement

This is a warning

Sorry

Like I said, my point went sailing right over you head or you would have seen that I see absolutely no reason that gays should not have the same rights as everybody else.
You have failed to identify what rights you are giving up

If that is the case

Those who are not on God's side will be destroyed in the coming judgment. I'd rethink that if I were you, RW. Repent!

This is a warning

Neither will the homosexuals OR the ones supporting the sin

And what does it do?...It starts another thread about gay rights. Are you feeling left out?

o-ORTHODOX-CALENDAR-2014-facebook.jpg

You don't get to vote Constitutional rights away!

you don't get to create rights that do not exist.

Obviously those rights do exist, you big dummy.

gay marriage is not a right.

Yawn. It appears you're wrong.

If that is the case

This is a warning

Neither will the homosexuals OR the ones supporting the sin

The only people I know who hate homosexuals are homosexuals. Which they PROVE, incontestably, through their chronic grope for legitimacy, wherein the attempt to DEMAND that everyone accept their perverse reasoning, OR THEY'LL SCRATCH YOUR EYES OUT!

Forum List

Back