I find it very disturbing

Sorry

But it seems the point went over your head.....gay marriage is here to stay

You do not lose your rights by giving gays theirs

Like I said, my point went sailing right over you head or you would have seen that I see absolutely no reason that gays should not have the same rights as everybody else.
You have failed to identify what rights you are giving up

Me? I'm not giving up any rights. I refuse to redefine a 4,000+ year old definition of marriage in order to change marriage into something it never was, and nobody can make me do that, so I'm good to go. I have no problem whatsoever with gay unions, but I don't want to have to give up a word that is important to me so I prefer those be called something else. And since I don't have any religious or moral problems in participating in functions related to gay marriage, that isn't an issue for me either. I have no problem attending gay 'weddings' and have done so.

But just as I don't think a gay florist or baker or caterer should be forced by law to participate in a function at Westboro Baptist Church, I don't think a florist, baker, or caterer who believes gay marriage is wrong should be florced by law to participate in a gay wedding.

That doesn't mean I share their religion or convictions in any way. It only means that if we are to have liberty, we cannot be forced to give up our right to be who and what we are and do what we believe to be right for anybody elses benefit, gay, straight, pink, polka dot or whatever.

What a pile of shit.

You don't get a choice in this matter. Gay marriage is going to be legal in every state soon.

And yet another point went sailing right over somebody's head didn't it.

I read your posting and got your point. You still don't get to decide.

Sometimes tradition is just a case of people being wrong for a very long time.

ROFLMNAO!

Oh that is SO true. The traditional American tolerance of proponents of Foreign Ideas Hostile to American Principle, has proven itself to be a true error in judgment.

Not to worry tho'... we, the Americans, are bringing that crap to a close.

There are no bigots in Heaven.

The first rule in knowing if you're actually looking at a bigot, is that if they have called someone a bigot...

BY DEFINITION, THEY'RE A BIGOT!

Bigot is the new race card and it's already worn out...like the race card

Bigot and racist both have the same meaning they've always had, dingbat.

LOL! No they don't. YOU CAN'T HIDE IGNORANCE!

OH! Another concession...

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted

And another point went flying right over somebody's head didn't it?
Sorry

Like I said, my point went sailing right over you head or you would have seen that I see absolutely no reason that gays should not have the same rights as everybody else.

Me? I'm not giving up any rights. I refuse to redefine a 4,000+ year old definition of marriage in order to change marriage into something it never was, and nobody can make me do that, so I'm good to go. I have no problem whatsoever with gay unions, but I don't want to have to give up a word that is important to me so I prefer those be called something else. And since I don't have any religious or moral problems in participating in functions related to gay marriage, that isn't an issue for me either. I have no problem attending gay 'weddings' and have done so.

But just as I don't think a gay florist or baker or caterer should be forced by law to participate in a function at Westboro Baptist Church, I don't think a florist, baker, or caterer who believes gay marriage is wrong should be florced by law to participate in a gay wedding.

That doesn't mean I share their religion or convictions in any way. It only means that if we are to have liberty, we cannot be forced to give up our right to be who and what we are and do what we believe to be right for anybody elses benefit, gay, straight, pink, polka dot or whatever.

I'm trying to understand this concept. If I sell you a loaf of bread, does that mean I have to come to dinner with you?

I support the concept that anybody coming into your place of business for a loaf of bread should be able to buy a loaf of bread no matter who he or she is. But if I have to go to your place for the dinner, slice the bread, and set it up to display on the buffet line, that is a very different thing. If you are engaged in activities that I consider immoral or indefensible for any reason, I should not have to be present for that event, should not have to be seen at that event, etc.

Which is why the judgment of God is coming upon America, RW. To prove to you that God - not Sodom & Gomorrah - have the final word. God has the final word.
If that is the case

Then God is on the wrong side

Those who are not on God's side will be destroyed in the coming judgment. I'd rethink that if I were you, RW. Repent!

I think those who hate homosexuals will not fare well in the coming judgement

This is a warning

That's why they call it Heaven.
Very true

Those who advocate hatred of others will not find room in heaven

Sorry

I'm trying to understand this concept. If I sell you a loaf of bread, does that mean I have to come to dinner with you?

I support the concept that anybody coming into your place of business for a loaf of bread should be able to buy a loaf of bread no matter who he or she is. But if I have to go to your place for dinner, slice the bread, and set it up to display on the buffet line, that is a very different thing.
Same as......we don't serve n*ggers here

Which is why the judgment of God is coming upon America, RW. To prove to you that God - not Sodom & Gomorrah - have the final word. God has the final word.
If that is the case

Those who are not on God's side will be destroyed in the coming judgment. I'd rethink that if I were you, RW. Repent!

This is a warning

Very true

So true... which is how we know that there are no Humanists in heaven.

The first rule in knowing if you're actually looking at a bigot, is that if they have called someone a bigot...

Bigot: : a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

Personally, if I see someone referring to other people in dehumanizing terms - ******, ****, mick, heeb, butt ranger, fag, etc. then I know I am probably dealing with a bigot. To be fair, this is a very human thing and I expect all of us are guilty of it to some extent.

Bigot: : a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

Personally, if I see someone referring to other people in dehumanizing terms - ******, ****, mick, heeb, butt ranger, fag, etc. then I know I am probably dealing with a bigot. To be fair, this is a very human thing and I expect all of us are guilty of it to some extent.

Of course everyone is guilty of it, some just use it at the drop of hat

What a pile of shit.

You don't get a choice in this matter. Gay marriage is going to be legal in every state soon.

You don't get to decide what I get to decide.

I support the concept that anybody coming into your place of business for a loaf of bread should be able to buy a loaf of bread no matter who he or she is. But if I have to go to your place for dinner, slice the bread, and set it up to display on the buffet line, that is a very different thing.
Same as......we don't serve n*ggers here[/QUOTE]

ROFL!

Yes... "Im sorry but you're advocating that I accept the false morality that you represent as truth... therefore I refuse to participate the celebration of falsity as truth..."

Is the same is "I Refuse to serve you, because your skin reflects a darker hue then mine".

ROFLMNAO!

Now THAT is ADORABLE!

You're an IDIOT.

Sorry

I support the concept that anybody coming into your place of business for a loaf of bread should be able to buy a loaf of bread no matter who he or she is. But if I have to go to your place for the dinner, slice the bread, and set it up to display on the buffet line, that is a very different thing. If you are engaged in activities that I consider immoral or indefensible for any reason, I should not have to be present for that event, should not have to be seen at that event, etc.

Do you consider it valid for the state to deny you the right to not sell me the bread?

Sorry

Me? I'm not giving up any rights. I refuse to redefine a 4,000+ year old definition of marriage in order to change marriage into something it never was, and nobody can make me do that, so I'm good to go. .

Sometimes tradition is just a case of people being wrong for a very long time.

If our founders had mindlessly allied themselves to tradition, we'd be a monarchy.

It has nothing to do with tradition.

" a 4,000+ year old definition of marriage" has everything to do with tradition,

not to mention everything to do with being wrong. Polygamy was marriage as much or more than monogamy for tens of thousands of years.

If you're going to play the 'years' card then you have to concede that legal polygamy should be the 'norm'.

Same as......we don't serve n*ggers here

Is that what you read into that? What if the black baker had to set up the buffet at the KKK meeting? And he just morally could not bring himself to do that. Is that the same as....we don't serve n'ggers here?

You're an IDIOT.

OH! A Reconcession!

You should know that once you've conceded to the standing points, you're not required to re-concede... but it is very sweet of you to do so.

Your Re-concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

If that is the case

This is a warning

Very true

The sad and scary truth is that no one knows what heaven might be if there is such a thing.

The assumption that the God you happen to like is definitely the one true god is profoundly irrational.

What a pile of shit.

You don't get to decide what I get to decide.

No, but states do, as is with the recent baker and florist in question.

Forum List

Back