I Got New Tires On My Truck Today

My bride and I drove from Atlanta to Southern California in 1971. We left with a brand new set of Firestone tires on our '68 Chevelle. Along the way all four tires had the tread separate for the carcass. I still won't even consider a Firestone tire.

I'm likin' these tires more and more each time I drive.

Today they felt like they were glued to the road. I started swerving sharply side to side to get a feel for them.

I used to be able to burn rubber if I stomped on the gas...not sure if I could do that now...I would probably just launch into outter space :D

I'm likin' these tires more and more each time I drive.

Today they felt like they were glued to the road. I started swerving sharply side to side to get a feel for them.

I used to be able to burn rubber if I stomped on the gas...not sure if I could do that now...I would probably just launch into outter space :D
I like the All-Terrain T/As, I take it the ones you got are a little more aggressive?

I like the All-Terrain T/As, I take it the ones you got are a little more aggressive?

Yup. I put a pic of the tread pattern in the OP. $300 per tire.

It rained this morning and I drove thru a puddle at 40 MPH and didn't even feel it.

Heard it go "SPLOOSH"...but didn't feel it.

Funny thing...tires. You don't thunk about them much. But it's really a balance finding the right ones.

I'm in Minnesota so I want them to bite in the snow...but I want them to be a good highway tire as well. Knobby tires wear out fast and they are loud as hell on the highway.

I also wanted them to look mean...Big & wide...but not so overbearing they look like a red neck hick on his way to a tractor pull.

After alot of looking I chose BF Goodrich trail terrain t/a. They were expensive...but now that I have them I couldn't be happier!

I didn't know if I had made the right choice until I drove with them on the truck...Yup...I done goodly :D

View attachment 818295
Did you get them siped?

Who care how tires look?

Who care how tires look?

I do! That's like saying who cares what your truck looks like...or your house.

I wanted them mean looking but still respectable enough to drive to a wedding or a funeral.

I want them to bite in the snow and still drive smooth and quiet on the highway. I want them to take bumps and impacts better than the goodyear wrangler.

These suckers have out preformed my every expectation and continue to do so!

Whoda thunk a tire could make such a difference in the rides comfort and performance?

I do! That's like saying who cares what your truck looks like...or your house.

I wanted them mean looking but still respectable enough to drive to a wedding or a funeral.

I want them to bite in the snow and still drive smooth and quiet on the highway. I want them to take bumps and impacts better than the goodyear wrangler.

These suckers have out preformed my every expectation and continue to do so!

Whoda thunk a tire could make such a difference in the rides comfort and performance?
Performance matters. Looks don't.

Forum List

Back