I guess Obama forgot his promises

Obama can cut the deficit all by himself?
He campaigned he could :eusa_shhh:

in August 2011 the Obama Administration offered to cut the deficit by 4.5 Trillion - the proposal was turned down by Republicans because it included reversal of the 2003 tax reconciliation act for the highest income earners. The nations credit rating was then lowered ...

Obama kept his campaign promise and did what he could for its enactment.

in August 2011 the Obama Administration offered to cut the deficit by 4.5 Trillion - the proposal was turned down by Republicans because it included reversal of the 2003 tax reconciliation act for the highest income earners. The nations credit rating was then lowered ...

He said he would do it, he didn't.

Reps and dems not voting for each other's stuff for partisan reasons is nothing new.

Your whole premise is laughable, Breeze...Obama knew only too well that his "offer" to cut the deficit was going to be turned down by the House Republicans. That was ALL political smoke and mirrors.

My question for you is this...if Barack Obama REALLY wanted to raise taxes on the wealthy then why didn't he do so when Democrats controlled the House, Senate and the Oval Office?

The answer to that is quite simple...even his own economists were telling him that raising taxes on ANYONE in the midst of a weak economy was bad fiscal policy.

So if Barry realized that back in 2009...then why is he saying that he wants tax increases NOW...when the economy is still struggling?

The answer to that question by the way is quite simple also...he knows only too well that the GOP controlled House will never pass such a tax which means he gets to pretend that he really wants it...when it's quite obvious that he doesn't because doing so will further dampen the economic recovery. It's called talking out of both sides of your face. The reason that we got downgraded was that the rating agency didn't believe that the United States Government had the political will to tackle deficit reduction. In what way have Barack Obama's actions belied that viewpoint?

Last edited:
So you're saying he lied, right?

Sure if he alone has the power to do it and didnt. yeah, that would be a lie.

My question is can he reduce the deficit by himself without the other 2 branches of govt?

So now you're saying that the GOP is the reason, Obama didn't reduce the deficit? REALLY?

No Vicki the Victim, I said can he reduce the deficit all by himself? It's a simple question..I thought

With all due respect, Closed...that's grade A horseshit and you know it.

I know it is, and you're spreading it so you can pretend and fulfill your need to feel attacked

First of all Obama was working with super majorities until Scott Brown go elected...what deficit reduction took place during THAT time period? Since then the GOP controlled House has sent deficit reduction legislation to the Senate only to have Harry Reid refuse to let it come to the floor. Has Barack Obama called Harry into the Oval Office to scold him over this?

Scoldings dont reduce deficits. What happened? You guys dont count the blue dog dems anymore?

The truth is...when he HAD the power...he did nothing. Now that he doesn't he's STILL doing nothing while blaming the other side.

When who had the power? No one blamed you Vicki...it's going to be ok :eusa_pray:

In Obama's ad it says . I will cut the deficit in half by then end of my first term. He did not say We ( congress and I ) just saying

Uhh, can he do it all by himself or not? This sounds like whining for whining sake

No it's called holding politicians to their promises and expecting some kind of shred of integrity and honesty.

If he knew he couldn't do it, he shouldn't have promised he could do it. Hence, he's lying and I know it seems like common sense but in the world of U.S. politics it's needs said, lying is wrong.

Obama promised to cut the deficit in half and he failed

He sold out his promise to end the Bush tax cuts just because of a sill Republican temper tantrum. If he had any balls, he would have allowed the Bush tax cuts to expire.

Uhh, can he do it all by himself or not? This sounds like whining for whining sake

No it's called holding politicians to their promises and expecting some kind of shred of integrity and honesty.

If he knew he couldn't do it, he shouldn't have promised he could do it. Hence, he's lying and I know it seems like common sense but in the world of U.S. politics it's needs said, lying is wrong.

No it's called expecting the impossible. He cannot do it by himself but that doesnt stop you from demanding he does it

No it's called expecting the impossible. He cannot do it by himself but that doesnt stop you from demanding he does it

I didn't expect him to do it, I knew he lied.

He cannot do it by himself, but that doesn't stop you from refusing to criticize him in any minor way when he says he can do it himself.

He lied, you know it, I know it, you take no issue with him lying, I do. It's that simple.

He cannot do it by himself, but that doesn't stop you from refusing to criticize him in any minor way when he says he can do it himself.

He lied, you know it, I know it, you take no issue with him lying, I do. It's that simple.

Oh is that what you want? Fine, Hey Obama you didnt reduce the deficit!! Even tho you cant YOU SHOULD!!

OH YEAH, YOU promised to change WASHINGTON!! I was there and there are still a bunch on ASSHOLES there! YOU LIED *growl*

Oh is that what you want? Fine, Hey Obama you didnt reduce the deficit!! Even tho you cant YOU SHOULD!!

OH YEAH, YOU promised to change WASHINGTON!! I was there and there are still a bunch on ASSHOLES there! YOU LIED *growl*

Sad that sarcasm is what comes out when I ask supporters to expect honesty out of those they support. Such is american politics in 2012 though.

Yes he can't, thus he shouldn't say he can do the impossible. We don't see things like accountability, honesty and integrity in the same light I'm sure though.

Sad that sarcasm is what comes out when I ask supporters to expect honesty out of those they support. Such is american politics in 2012 though.

Yes he can't, thus he shouldn't say he can do the impossible. We don't see things like accountability, honesty and integrity in the same light I'm sure though.

We sure dont because if you were being honest you would admit that you didnt expect, think or think that Obama implied he can do it all by himself. But you arent about being honest, you just want to cry about honesty

We sure dont because if you were being honest you would admit that you didnt expect, think or think that Obama implied he can do it all by himself. But you arent about being honest, you just want to cry about honesty

I guess I'm not making myself clear. I knew he couldn't and wouldn't cut the deficit in half, he said he would knowing he couldn't. He lied, I have a problem with the lie, I knew the deficit would get worse with McCain or Obama in office.

I guess I'm not making myself clear. I knew he couldn't and wouldn't cut the deficit in half, he said he would knowing he couldn't. He lied, I have a problem with the lie, I knew the deficit would get worse with McCain or Obama in office.

You think he meant he would do it by himself?

No, I think he meant he would be able to get reps and dems to work together and get it done. He knew that wouldn't be possible to cut the deficit like that, but said so anyways. Why? To pander and get votes because certain people buy into that bs.

No, I think he meant he would be able to get reps and dems to work together and get it done. He knew that wouldn't be possible to cut the deficit like that, but said so anyways. Why? To pander and get votes because certain people buy into that bs.

So they didnt work together and thats Obama's fault oh honest one?

So they didnt work together and thats Obama's fault oh honest one?

No, his lying for saying he could get something done, that he knew he couldn't is what's his fault.

The deficit is both parties faults. Every rep and dem in every part of gov't who had a hand in it.

Forum List

Back