"I Had an Abortion"

Abortion is homicide. Laws do not dictate humanity, and people who commit murder when it's legal can still be held accountable, and are still murderers. Regardless of whether or not the murder is legal under the current regime.

People are prosecuted and given the death penalty all the time for committing murder that was deemed "legal" at the time.

Birth control and education, people. That's all it takes.

Make birth control affordable, free to those who just don't have the money, and watch the abortion rate drop.

It already is. You are wrong here. Want abortions to slow down, stop throwing Federal money at abortion clinics.

Can someone tell me why it is completely ignored that its been something like 30 years since the passage of the Hyde Amendment, which forbids federal funding for abortion?

Why is this even brought up since it is completely untrue?

Thread reopened. Please try to keep it civil and on topic.

Ok. Abortion is murder. The willful killing of an innocent life.

The devil is in the details

That's an opinion.

Not one shared by most women who have them, medical science or the law.

But let's all agree that it would be nice if there were less abortions.

How do you get there? By banning them? Hasn't worked with drugs, didn't work with alcohol and most gun bans don't work, either.

You get there by 1) Preventing pregnancy from happening to start with and 2) giving women options if they are on the fence about abortion.

There you go with details again. Long winded and excuse making as to why it is NOT murder.

Like I said the devil is indeed in the details.

Tearing a human fetus to pieces is murder. NOT an opinion.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
That's a complete and total fabrication. If children aren't wanted these days, they are killed. There is absolutely no evidence that legalized abortion results in FEWER unwanted children, and in fact the evidence, gathered over MILLENNIA, shows us that societies that practice and encourage abortion actually are more likely to kill and harm children.

You just get nuttier and nuttier.

People are not killing unwanted children.

Yes, there are people like Casey Anthony or the religious freak in Texasss who drowned her 5 kids but no - there is not reason to think that people are killing unwanted children.

And, children have always been abused and harmed. There was a thread here on this board not long ago where usual haters said they routinely hit their kids. Some said they think its fine to hit children as young as still in diapers.

And none of that has anything to do with abortion.

Abortion is not ‘murder,’ it is not ‘killing children,’ it’s ignorant idiocy and demagoguery to maintain otherwise.

Birth control and education, people. That's all it takes.

Make birth control affordable, free to those who just don't have the money, and watch the abortion rate drop.

Birth control pills are cheap and many times free. Condoms are cheap too.

Personal responsibility.........priceless

Shut up, joe. You already told us your opinion is irrelevant, and we all agree.

Abortion is homicide. Laws do not dictate humanity, and people who commit murder when it's legal can still be held accountable, and are still murderers. Regardless of whether or not the murder is legal under the current regime.

People are prosecuted and given the death penalty all the time for committing murder that was deemed "legal" at the time.

Here we go again.

SSDD about fetuses but I'd love to hear about all these murders that weren't murders when the murder was committed?

Are you going to make it into another George Zimmerman murdered Trayvon thread? Fergit it cuz neither of them were fetuses at the time of the murder so it doesn't count.

:lol:

That's an opinion.

How do you get there? By banning them? Hasn't worked with drugs, didn't work with alcohol and most gun bans don't work, either.

You get there by 1) Preventing pregnancy from happening to start with and 2) giving women options if they are on the fence about abortion.

There you go with details again. Long winded and excuse making as to why it is NOT murder.

Except society doesn't consider fetuses to be the same as babies.

I've known women who've had babies die, and women who've had miscarriages. (the latter in my own very Catholic family.) Sorry, they are just not considered the same thing, even when they are wanted.

Really? When?

I mean, other than another nation defeating them in a war or something.

That's an opinion.

As already correctly noted: in your subjective opinion, not as a fact of law.

If you believe abortion is ‘murder,’ then don’t have an abortion.

You know, selectively editting posts to make your point is against the rules, right?

Nope. Those were your own words, Joe. If I changed the wording to make it appear you said something different, then yes. Oh, too bad. I know the site rules better than you do, so spare me the lecture.

Last edited:
That's a complete and total fabrication. If children aren't wanted these days, they are killed. There is absolutely no evidence that legalized abortion results in FEWER unwanted children, and in fact the evidence, gathered over MILLENNIA, shows us that societies that practice and encourage abortion actually are more likely to kill and harm children.

You just get nuttier and nuttier.

People are not killing unwanted children.

Yes, there are people like Casey Anthony or the religious freak in Texasss who drowned her 5 kids but no - there is not reason to think that people are killing unwanted children.

And, children have always been abused and harmed. There was a thread here on this board not long ago where usual haters said they routinely hit their kids. Some said they think its fine to hit children as young as still in diapers.

And none of that has anything to do with abortion.

Abortion is not ‘murder,’ it is not ‘killing children,’ it’s ignorant idiocy and demagoguery to maintain otherwise.

That is exactly the point I was trying to make with koshergirl who said that unwanted children are killed.

That's an opinion.

Wait, you want a woman to have an abortion, but are telling another one not to have one...

Forgive me if I struggle with that logic...

Thread reopened. Please try to keep it civil and on topic.

It is your opinion that abortion is murder. Murder is the deliberate killing of a human person. A fetus is not considered a person by law, thus, abortion is not murder.

Try again.

The anti choicers are out in full force tonight. Full moon? It is not murder, I was however watching a program early this morning about the murder of a doctor who performed abortions in Kansas. George Tiller. He was shot in both arms first off then someone came and finished the job.

Now that is murder.

I think the uptick in abortion discussions have to do with the new law in California:

Nurses, other non-physicians can perform abortions in California

As more states pass measures tightening abortion laws, California is making abortions more accessible.

Nurse practitioners, certified nurse-midwives and physicians' assistants who complete specified training are now able to perform abortions in California. Gov. Jerry Brown signed the measure into law Wednesday.

Nurses, other non-physicians can perform abortions in California - CNN.com

Only you delude yourself into thinking your opinion is the only one that holds weight.

Quite ironic you would push gun bans, but say most of them don't work.

My opinion is frankly irrelevent.

Then shut your trap and stop giving it.

You posted a photo of yourself that appear male-ish.

If you are a male, do you believe there should be laws giving the state control over your reproduction?

Should the state decide when you will produce offspring and when you will not?

Same question for the other males -

Who should control your reproduction?

Wait, you want a woman to have an abortion, but are telling another one not to have one...

Forgive me if I struggle with that logic...

He actually said neither.

He said there is a choice to be made.

It is your opinion that abortion is murder. Murder is the deliberate killing of a human person. A fetus is not considered a person by law, thus, abortion is not murder.

Try again.

The anti choicers are out in full force tonight. Full moon? It is not murder, I was however watching a program early this morning about the murder of a doctor who performed abortions in Kansas. George Tiller. He was shot in both arms first off then someone came and finished the job.

Now that is murder.

I think the uptick in abortion discussions have to do with the new law in California:

Nurses, other non-physicians can perform abortions in California

As more states pass measures tightening abortion laws, California is making abortions more accessible.

Nurse practitioners, certified nurse-midwives and physicians' assistants who complete specified training are now able to perform abortions in California. Gov. Jerry Brown signed the measure into law Wednesday.

Nurses, other non-physicians can perform abortions in California - CNN.com

Certainly proves the anti-rights people are in favor of murder.

All that whining about fetuses being "murdered" because they are actually children and yet, they have no problem with murdering other people.

That is beyond the usual hypocrisy we see from the crackpot rw's.

Forum List

Back