"I Had an Abortion"

Abortion is homicide. Laws do not dictate humanity, and people who commit murder when it's legal can still be held accountable, and are still murderers. Regardless of whether or not the murder is legal under the current regime.

People are prosecuted and given the death penalty all the time for committing murder that was deemed "legal" at the time.

Ignorant nonsense.

No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.

US Constitution, Article I, Section 9

Ex post facto

Latin for "from a thing done afterward." Ex post facto is most typically used to refer to a criminal law that applies retroactively, thereby criminalizing conduct that was legal when originally performed.

Ex post facto | LII / Legal Information Institute

It’s as if the Framers anticipated the insanity that is the social right.

No reason to abort a Tay-Sachs baby? Really.

I'm guessing you've never seen their excruciating, short life and death as it unfolded.

What is ignored is the fact that most abortions are medically necessary. The haters want to paint women as having abortions so they go back out and pregnant again but that is very rarely the truth.

And, as usual, those who cause the pregnancy - men - are given a free "ride", as it were, to just keep doing it again and again.

Bottom line to this round and round argument is always the same though -

A woman's body is her own and she has the right to have babies or not. No one, certainly not the state, has the right to interfere with her wishes. Why a woman aborts is no one's business but hers.

absolute LIE.
most abortions are a convenience and there is almost never a necessity to murder a baby because of medical problems ( of the mother).
medical problems with a baby are not a medical necessity to murder the baby. EVER.
a baby in a woman's body is not a woman's body.

ans a murder of the baby is ALWAYS a murder. In the majority of cases - for pure convenience only.

Abortion is homicide. Laws do not dictate humanity, and people who commit murder when it's legal can still be held accountable, and are still murderers. Regardless of whether or not the murder is legal under the current regime.

People are prosecuted and given the death penalty all the time for committing murder that was deemed "legal" at the time.

Ignorant nonsense.

No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.

US Constitution, Article I, Section 9

Ex post facto

Latin for "from a thing done afterward." Ex post facto is most typically used to refer to a criminal law that applies retroactively, thereby criminalizing conduct that was legal when originally performed.

So guess what, punishing someone for not having healthcare insurance is an act of attainder. Since beforehand not having healthcare insurance carried with it no punishment.

ohh lookie what I found!

No reason to abort a Tay-Sachs baby? Really.

I'm guessing you've never seen their excruciating, short life and death as it unfolded.

What is ignored is the fact that most abortions are medically necessary. The haters want to paint women as having abortions so they go back out and pregnant again but that is very rarely the truth.

And, as usual, those who cause the pregnancy - men - are given a free "ride", as it were, to just keep doing it again and again.

A woman's body is her own and she has the right to have babies or not. No one, certainly not the state, has the right to interfere with her wishes. Why a woman aborts is no one's business but hers.

absolute LIE.
most abortions are a convenience and there is almost never a necessity to murder a baby because of medical problems ( of the mother).
medical problems with a baby are not a medical necessity to murder the baby. EVER.

ans a murder of the baby is ALWAYS a murder. In the majority of cases - for pure convenience only.

You're welcome to whatever opinion suits your agenda.

Abortion is legal and its none of your business unless you're the one that's pregnant.

I put pics up of my kids all the time. So has luser and a lot of other posters.

And if you're trying to intimidate me, then your tenure on this board is about to come to a crashing end, and your IP will be reported.

So...what's your point?

PS...pro-death cultists always object to photos of babies. They always complain if someone dares to post pics of babies in their baby-killing threads. They don't like people to be reminded of exactly what they want to kill.

I think he is not trying to intimidate. and I understand where he is coming from.

Despite all our ideological differences this particular remark was done of real concern. IMHO.

Ignorant nonsense.

Ex post facto

So guess what, punishing someone for not having healthcare insurance is an act of attainder. Since beforehand not having healthcare insurance carried with it no punishment.

ohh lookie what I found!

My friend used to work for a collection agency that collected on medical bills. Many would never pay their bills. If a doctor or hospital doesn't get paid for their services, how do you think they make up that money lost?

absolute LIE.

Abortion is legal and its none of your business unless you're the one that's pregnant.

for NOW :D

you know, women and children were viewed as subhuman and their murder was not counted as murder of a human by a lot of magnificent civilizations.

Not to even mention slavery and racial misconstructions of the laws ;)

so the key element here is a time issue.
Murder of an innocent human being can not be legal too long.

In a civilized society.

So, just for curiosities sake....has anyone had a change of heart about abortion? Step right up and state if you have been swayed the opposite of your original thoughts about it. I'll wait.

And if you're trying to intimidate me, then your tenure on this board is about to come to a crashing end, and your IP will be reported.

So...what's your point?

PS...pro-death cultists always object to photos of babies. They always complain if someone dares to post pics of babies in their baby-killing threads. They don't like people to be reminded of exactly what they want to kill.

I think he is not trying to intimidate. and I understand where he is coming from.

Despite all our ideological differences this particular remark was done of real concern. IMHO.

People have no idea how much information can be gleaned from what appears to be an anonymous photo.

I just think its stupid to post photos of children on an open and very public message board.

I think he meant abortions CAN be a medical necessity.

Anywho..I hate these kinds of threads. Two sides, bickering, and nobody changing their minds on their stance in the subject. Just a helluvalot of arguing, name calling, spittle flying.

I've read that 2/3rds of all abortions are medically necessary.

What people forget is that many are done in hospitals by the woman's OB. They used to be called 'theraputic d&c's'. The family is often shattered by the loss and they have every right to the medical procedure and to their privacy.

Still - the reason for an abortion is no one's business.

Bullshit.

abortions are NOT done in the hospitals and extremely rarely done by the patient's OB/GYN( the majority of which do not perform those as a choice) as neither the hospital stuff nor the doctors who are taking care of the patient are willing to be a part of the MURDER.
that is why it is done in abortion clinics only.
complications of abortions go to the hospitals and miscarriages usually as well. The latter ones ARE the tragedy for the whole family often, true.
But miscarriage is not a planned murder as abortion is.

Last edited:
absolute LIE.

you know, women and children were viewed as subhuman and their murder was not counted as murder of a human by a lot of magnificent civilizations.

In a civilized society.

In a "civilized" society, in a FREE society, both men AND women have full ownership and control over their own bodies.

Has anyone noticed that not one anti-freedom male has stepped up to answer my earier question?

The question again is simply this -

Do you believe government should have control over your reproduction?

Should the state have the power to force you to reproduce?

If you answer yes, should the state have the power to force you to support a child you did not want to have?

Its so easy for you anti-freedom nutters to say you want the government to control every woman's reproduction but, if it were turned around, you'd be singing a different tune. And, you would be quite right to do so.

So...what's your point?

People have no idea how much information can be gleaned from what appears to be an anonymous photo.

I just think its stupid to post photos of children on an open and very public message board.

I would rep you if I could :)
For being considerate.

I think he meant abortions CAN be a medical necessity.

Anywho..I hate these kinds of threads. Two sides, bickering, and nobody changing their minds on their stance in the subject. Just a helluvalot of arguing, name calling, spittle flying.

What people forget is that many are done in hospitals by the woman's OB. They used to be called 'therapeutic d&c's. The family is often shattered by the loss and they have every right to the medical procedure and to their privacy.

Bullshit.

abortions are NOT done in the hospitals and extremely rarely done by the patient's OB/GYN( the majority of which do not perform those as a choice) as neither the hospital stuff nor the doctors who are taking care of the patient are willing to be a part of the MURDER.
complications of abortions go to the hospitals and miscarriages usually as well.

Wow. You have no clue.

This is also why we have no accurate numbers about abortion. Most are done as I said - by the OB, in a hospital as part of medical treatment.

If Roe v Wade were overturned, the number of therapeutic d & c's would skyrocket.

In a civilized society.

In a "civilized" society, in a FREE society, both men AND women have full ownership and control over their own bodies.

Has anyone noticed that not one anti-freedom male has stepped up to answer my earier question?

If you answer yes, should the state have the power to force you to support a child you did not want to have?

Its so easy for you anti-freedom nutters to say you want the government to control every woman's reproduction but, if it were turned around, you'd be singing a different tune. And, you would be quite right to do so.

Weak, a very weak excuse

And the hypocrisy is sickening

What people forget is that many are done in hospitals by the woman's OB. They used to be called 'therapeutic d&c's. The family is often shattered by the loss and they have every right to the medical procedure and to their privacy.

Bullshit.

complications of abortions go to the hospitals and miscarriages usually as well.

Wow. You have no clue.

This is also why we have no accurate numbers about abortion. Most are done as I said - by the OB, in a hospital as part of medical treatment.

If Roe v Wade were overturned, the number of therapeutic d & c's would skyrocket.

I have a perfect clue.
Professional one :D
it is not 1975 anymore, you know

I'll add - there are OB/GYN residencies which do not teach to perform abortions, because nobody is willing to do them.
The California law is based on this - there is an acute shortage of providers being an MD ( not even OB/GYN).

During the last 40 years medical science has advanced dramatically and nowadays every medical porfessional KNOWS that life begins at conception.
And less and less of them are willing to participate in murder.
Luckily, for now laws of this country permit an option of choice for a medical professional as well and you do not have to perform a procedure or assist in any other way in a murder.

Last edited:

Bullshit.

Wow. You have no clue.

The reason we have no accurate numbers is because the abortion abbatoirs are not required to provide records to any oversight agency. That's right, they don't have to report anything...and the reason they don't want ultrasounds is because they know that if they used the ultrasounds, they would be forced to adhere to the laws that limit abortions to a certain time line. Those ultrasounds pinpoint the stage of pregnancy to the very day...and they could not legally perform the abortions they do now if it could be proven they knew, without a shadow of a doubt, how far along the women they hack at actually are in their pregnancies.

In a civilized society.

Weak, a very weak excuse

And the hypocrisy is sickening

So now having basic rights over one's own body is "sickening hypocrisy".

if you mean Rick and Karen Santorum, I agree completely.

There are plenty of countries where it is legal to force women to reproduce. Why don't you move to one of them? I'm sure you could find a burka in your size.

But, for now, IF you live in the US, you're stuck with equal rights and freedom under our Constitution.

Right over your body does not extend to the right to terminate the life within another.

Try again.

Forum List

Back