I have a gut feeling Trump is going to cave in to the left on the illegals.

Deal on DACA for December will tell what kind of deal was made........not to mention legislation coming out..................for the deal................

We'll see.....

Need 44 Billion to let the winners of the Wall competition start building a wall.....San Diego sector decides the winners.
I heard on the news last night that the proposals are six months behind and that a lot of major builders are not interested in building it because it is so politically charged. I'm sure they're envisioning a lot of serious vandalism, protestors chained to whatever..... It could be a circus.
Article above says different.......4 companies are building prototype walls in San Diego
The solar wall sounded good until border security said they needed a see-through fence.

He was the anti-Hillary vote, and to save the SCOTUS. If he does nothing else he has done his job.

I told you Trump supporters don't care. They have no expectations, they don't care what Trump promised, they're not disappointed with Trump accomplishing nothing. As long as he's in the white house, it's a WIN.
More to the point, as long as Hillary is not in the WH.

I have a gut feeling Trump is going to cave in to the left on the illegals.

I pray he won't.

Deal on DACA for December will tell what kind of deal was made........not to mention legislation coming out..................for the deal................

We'll see.....

Need 44 Billion to let the winners of the Wall competition start building a wall.....San Diego sector decides the winners.
I heard on the news last night that the proposals are six months behind and that a lot of major builders are not interested in building it because it is so politically charged. I'm sure they're envisioning a lot of serious vandalism, protestors chained to whatever..... It could be a circus.
Article above says different.......4 companies are building prototype walls in San Diego

Building a prototype to make money is different from building a wall to make money.

"50% DACA applications are fraudulent & most are criminal felons, but they get a free pass." -did you know that ?

DACA Fraud Rate at '40 to 50 Percent', Says Former Immigration Official

This whole DACA thing stinks to high heaven.:mad-61:
You can say the same of Trump administration folks applying for a security clearance. As with any system the initial acceptance doesn't matter, they send the applications to the FBI to do background checks to verify the information

"50% DACA applications are fraudulent & most are criminal felons, but they get a free pass." -did you know that ?

https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/files/resources/background_checks_english.pdf

I want to apply for DACA, but I may have a criminal record. What do I do?

Many people who have been arrested or convicted of a crime may still receive DACA. However, certain types of crimes will disqualify them. If you have ever been arrested or involved in any criminal activity, it is best to get legal advice on whether you are still eligible, and seek help putting together your application!

If you have had any contact with law enforcement officers, you can request your criminal history to help you or your attorney figure out if you are eligible for DACA. This includes being stopped at the border when you entered the country, being in previous deportation proceedings, or being arrested or detained by local police. Even if it was all dismissed, there is a record and it is important to request it so that you know exactly what happened.

https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/files/resources/background_checks_english.pdf

Many people who have been arrested or convicted of a crime may still receive DACA. However, certain types of crimes will disqualify them. If you have ever been arrested or involved in any criminal activity, it is best to get legal advice on whether you are still eligible, and seek help putting together your application!

If you have had any contact with law enforcement officers, you can request your criminal history to help you or your attorney figure out if you are eligible for DACA. This includes being stopped at the border when you entered the country, being in previous deportation proceedings, or being arrested or detained by local police. Even if it was all dismissed, there is a record and it is important to request it so that you know exactly what happened.

I appreciate your reply but the one I am going to listen is the former Immigration Official I quoted, so don't waste your time.

If he doesn't know nobody knows, so....:dunno:

We'll see.....

Building a prototype to make money is different from building a wall to make money.
LOL

They are building 15 miles with 4 different contractors. To see how they perform. Competing for the job.......

If you looked at the articles provided they are trying to fix a place that has heavy illegal traffic....including drug smuggling...........So it kills 2 birds with one stone........

It's in Mexifornia so color me shocked.

I just don't see any way to have confidence in him at this point. Trump would have me believe that everyone else is a liar or fabricating things about their meeting with him.
I think he was innitially willing to cave into them and then saw the massive blow back and tried to change his tune.

You're just now realizing that?
On this issue, yes. I am not afflicted with Trump derangement syndrome so I take it issue by issue rather than wetting myself daily as many of you do.

I don't "wet" myself. I'm a strict constructionist that is opposed to the nutty wall idea. I voted for Trump over the Right to keep and bear Arms. IF there had been anyone out there who understood the immigration issue, I'd have reconsidered that vote.

On the wall, it must be noted that Trump never identified with the Republican Party. So, I expected him to cave. He hasn't let me down.

First it was we'll make Mexico pay for the wall... Then it became a "virtual wall," then we'd soak the taxpayers and magically make Mexico pay for it. Now, it's the wall will wait while the Dumpster wines and dines Nancy Pelosi and Chucky Schumer over the DREAMERS.

The wall idea was screwed to begin with. The spate of legal challenges over the government building on private property and the possibility that the American children of undocumented foreigners could file lawsuits claiming that our immigration laws split families up and are, accordingly, cruel and unusual punishment... among other suits would choke that idea until after the 2020 elections when the Dems will regain control.

There are no longer accepting applications for DACA. It is OVER. Only those already signed up are to be considered from now on.

That was done via a Presidential order from Trump.

I just don't see any way to have confidence in him at this point. Trump would have me believe that everyone else is a liar or fabricating things about their meeting with him.
I think he was innitially willing to cave into them and then saw the massive blow back and tried to change his tune.

On this issue, yes. I am not afflicted with Trump derangement syndrome so I take it issue by issue rather than wetting myself daily as many of you do.

I don't "wet" myself. I'm a strict constructionist that is opposed to the nutty wall idea. I voted for Trump over the Right to keep and bear Arms. IF there had been anyone out there who understood the immigration issue, I'd have reconsidered that vote.

On the wall, it must be noted that Trump never identified with the Republican Party. So, I expected him to cave. He hasn't let me down.

First it was we'll make Mexico pay for the wall... Then it became a "virtual wall," then we'd soak the taxpayers and magically make Mexico pay for it. Now, it's the wall will wait while the Dumpster wines and dines Nancy Pelosi and Chucky Schumer over the DREAMERS.

The wall idea was screwed to begin with. The spate of legal challenges over the government building on private property and the possibility that the American children of undocumented foreigners could file lawsuits claiming that our immigration laws split families up and are, accordingly, cruel and unusual punishment... among other suits would choke that idea until after the 2020 elections when the Dems will regain control.
The savings from illegals not getting into the system will pay for it..............In spades........which was the intent of Mexico paying for it......

Those costs are high already.

In regards to lawsuits.............Against the Govt.........If they are not citizens then I guess they can try that in a International court..............As they are not entitled to that right here.

Trump ends DACA program, no new applications accepted

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department announced on Tuesday it is ending DACA, the Obama-era program that allowed undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. as children to remain in the country, while also giving Congress a six-month window to possibly save the policy.

Under the plan, announced by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the Trump administration will stop considering new applications for legal status dated after Tuesday, but will allow any DACA recipients with a permit set to expire before March 5, 2018, the opportunity to apply for a two-year renewal if they apply by October 5.

The Department of Homeland Security will recognize DACA authorizations until they expire at the end of their two-year lifespans, which means the program runs out at different times for different recipients, senior DHS officials said. The last authorization would end March 5, 2020.

The savings from illegals not getting into the system will pay for it..............In spades........which was the intent of Mexico paying for it......

In regards to lawsuits.............Against the Govt.........If they are not citizens then I guess they can try that in a International court..............As they are not entitled to that right here.

With all those ellipsis, your post don't make a Hell of a lot of sense. The children born in the U.S. to undocumented foreigners are citizens. They have standing to sue when they are an affected party.

Aside from that, virtually every non-partisan study concludes that foreigners pay more in taxes than they get in government aid and services.

With all those ellipsis, your post don't make a Hell of a lot of sense. The children born in the U.S. to undocumented foreigners are citizens. They have standing to sue when they are an affected party.

Aside from that, virtually every non-partisan study concludes that foreigners pay more in taxes than they get in government aid and services.
That is a seperate issue and not DACA

The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers (2013) | Federation for American Immigration Reform

This report estimates the annual costs of illegal immigration at the federal, state and local level to be about $113 billion; nearly $29 billion at the federal level and $84 billion at the state and local level. The study also estimates tax collections from illegal alien workers, both those in the above-ground economy and those in the underground economy. Those receipts do not come close to the level of expenditures and, in any case, are misleading as an offset because over time unemployed and underemployed U.S. workers would replace illegal alien workers.

Key Findings
  • Illegal immigration costs U.S. taxpayers about $113 billion a year at the federal, state and local level. The bulk of the costs — some $84 billion — are absorbed by state and local governments.

Nations Granting Birthright Citizenship

Most of the modern countries in this world reject birthright citizenship.

We are under no obligation to maintain this law............as it is a spider web problem in regards to the parents.............

It is the law..........but I don't agree with it........

The following are among the nations repealing Birthright Citizenship in recent years:

• Australia (2007)
  • New Zealand (2005)
  • Ireland (2005)
  • France (1993)
  • India (1987)
  • Malta (1989)
  • UK (1983)
  • Portugal (1981)

They all got rid of it.

The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers (2013) | Federation for American Immigration Reform

This report estimates the annual costs of illegal immigration at the federal, state and local level to be about $113 billion; nearly $29 billion at the federal level and $84 billion at the state and local level. The study also estimates tax collections from illegal alien workers, both those in the above-ground economy and those in the underground economy. Those receipts do not come close to the level of expenditures and, in any case, are misleading as an offset because over time unemployed and underemployed U.S. workers would replace illegal alien workers.

Key Findings
  • Illegal immigration costs U.S. taxpayers about $113 billion a year at the federal, state and local level. The bulk of the costs — some $84 billion — are absorbed by state and local governments.

FAIR is owned and controlled by neo nazis. That ain't propaganda... just fact that I have put in more than ten threads here this month alone.

Nations Granting Birthright Citizenship

Most of the modern countries in this world reject birthright citizenship.

We are under no obligation to maintain this law............as it is a spider web problem in regards to the parents.............

It is the law..........but I don't agree with it........

The following are among the nations repealing Birthright Citizenship in recent years:

• Australia (2007)
  • New Zealand (2005)
  • Ireland (2005)
  • France (1993)
  • India (1987)
  • Malta (1989)
  • UK (1983)
  • Portugal (1981)
They all got rid of it.

NONE of those countries occupy the place the U.S. does in history or on the world scene.

Forum List

Back