I Have A Solution To The Brexit Crisis

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
The British, and other countries, do have genuine and legitimate concerns about the free movement of labour within the European Union. If free movement continues, the EU really will collapse.

The free movement of labour should be separated from the single market, and placed into a separate treaty. The countries that wish to have free movement of labour can subscribe to such a treaty.

But countries that can't cope with massive flows of people, and the infrastructure and services large flows of unplanned migration, should have a right to abstain from such a treaty.

The British, and other countries, do have genuine and legitimate concerns about the free movement of labour within the European Union. If free movement continues, the EU really will collapse.

The free movement of labour should be separated from the single market, and placed into a separate treaty. The countries that wish to have free movement of labour can subscribe to such a treaty.

But countries that can't cope with massive flows of people, and the infrastructure and services large flows of unplanned migration, should have a right to abstain from such a treaty.

Potentially the free movement thing should have been brought in over a much longer time period. Like with Eastern European countries have a separate deal going and when they get richer then putting them in with the western europeans. It's causes a flow of labor out of Eastern Europe which hasn't necessarily been helpful.

NicolaSturgeon.jpg

Nicola Sturgeon: Brexit isn't a done deal ... Holyrood could still BLOCK it
Read more at Nicola Sturgeon: Brexit isn't a done deal ... Holyrood could BLOCK it

Brexit was a good decision. EU was holding Britain down. Now, Britain can flourish and expand without the baggage of EU. Well done British people!

Brexit was great. The UK was keeping the EU down and preventing further integration to create a United States of Europe. Only when the EU states have a level of integration approaching the United States of America will the union be able to compete with the growing power of the superstates like the U.S., China, India. Small independent economies will not stand a chance unless, like Switzerland they remain independent on name only and come under the protection of EU treaties and observe EU regulations and laws.

The Brits have given the rest of Europe hope!

I suspect anti-EU movements will now escalate in Spain, Italy, Greece, Austria, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic, and France.

The worm has turned.....

:thup:

Forget about all another solution and let the Ukraine to solve this problem with separatists - they already have similar experience and trying to improve it :))

I have a solution to the Brexit "crisis" too

Let's mind out own fucking business. It's not our country it's none of our business

Let's mind out own fucking business. It's not our country it's none of our business

You could try, of course, and I sincerely mean it, good luck to you in the effort.

That said .. the EU is a major world economic power these days .. so, anything affecting it, has global implications.

Besides - I think that a display of freedom-seeking deserves some international recognition. But, well .. maybe that's just me ...

You could try, of course, and I sincerely mean it, good luck to you in the effort.

That said .. the EU is a major world economic power these days .. so, anything affecting it, has global implications.

Besides - I think that a display of freedom-seeking deserves some international recognition. But, well .. maybe that's just me ...
The only thing I see.Is a country putting itself and possibly the world into a recession, endangering the future of it's children over pride and xenofobia. But that's just me.

The only thing I see.Is a country putting itself and possibly the world into a recession, endangering the future of it's children over pride and xenofobia. But that's just me.

If that's the only thing you see, then you must've not noticed how much the UK paid into the EU. Thanks to Brexit, all Member States will have to take up the financial slack. I hope they enjoy it.

Perhaps, also, you've failed to understand the EU's foundling policy of the free movement of peoples within the EU, free to cross the borders of any / every EU Member State they choose, without restrictions ? Thanks to that, the EU contingent of immigration (roughly 50 percent of the total) were free to move here irrespective of any wish we might have had to control those numbers.

Imagine if, in your country, an overriding power INSISTED upon foisting an immigration quota on you which you had absolutely no control over, and insisted it happen perpetually. Are you telling me that any nation on earth - much less one with a small landmass, like ours - can take UNCONTROLLED numbers of people, INDEFINITELY ?

Brexit injects sanity into that nonsense for us, and in that way, we've HELPED future generations here.

Forum List

Back