I have been Called to the Principal's Office

Just what I was thinking RadiomanATL. Sounds like Samson pegged this loser. Berries isn't even a good troll. No GED, what is a bearly functioning adult like him supposed to do?

I don't know what is going on with this fight. It just seemed to me that criticizing Samson's reply to that post by saying "So you have no intelligent reply" seemed kinda beyond stupid.

Just what I was thinking RadiomanATL. Sounds like Samson pegged this loser. Berries isn't even a good troll. No GED, what is a bearly functioning adult like him supposed to do?

I don't know what is going on with this fight. It just seemed to me that criticizing Samson's reply to that post by saying "So you have no intelligent reply" seemed kinda beyond stupid.

That's why I genuinely believe we're dealing with the mentally impaired, not just some average troll.

Try reading:
"The IEP has nothing to do with my complaint, or the thread."

You sure you are not a SpEd STUDENT and not a teacher?:lol:

You seem to be easily confused, even for a n00b. I bet if you spent less time whinging about how difficult life is, and went back to flipping hamburgers at Micky D's, then you'd be a whole lot happier....call up you case worker and bounce the idea off them: I'm sure they'll enthusiastically agree that you were never really qualified to teach.
so is squeezberry a teacher? Yes or no in your opinion, Samson? My guess is yes, in a failing district.

To respond to your earlier post to me, you know that our methodologies are different. I will say that your jump at bell ringers at end of class shut me down in how to respond to you. While I would assume the differences are between subjects, I believe you think it's a matter of competency.

You will be glad to know that I'm now just substituting, not teaching. After 11 years teaching in parochial schools, I was rif'd. While your child isn't in private, I'm guessing you are saying alleluia, that other kids won't be stuck with me. Funny thing, I've earned awards and have had 15 kids get into highly selective colleges and thank me personally and in publications.

My classes were taught as units, which you seem to disagree with. My assessments were daily, but included oral responses, but at least 3 out of 5 days included either end of class response or quick quizzes. Problem for you that I discerned, would be that these often were subjective in the students' responses. So there wouldn't be a grade, but would allow me to discuss the next day. In a real sense their responses caused change in my lesson plans in order to meet my objectives.

From what I could tell, you wouldn't have found that acceptable. On the other hand, if I'd have an IEP kid in my class, (and over the years I did have some), I'd have sent home my lecture notes, the question, and their response.

If I'd have the notice from the office of what you wanted, that would have been my response to you and what I'd have provided you with, along with any other written materials your son/daughter had done. I don't agree that you come off as a jerk, but I will agree that you make it very difficult to communicate with, in the sense that you seem to bully.

There really is no other way to deal with intractable bureaucracy: Remember, I expressed my expectations for a MONTH before the meeting. I imagine that had I politely asked, the time-line would have been drawn even longer. Plus, I would not have gained the rep.

For some odd reason, you keep mentioning the IEP, which has absolutely nothing to do with the complaint? I would make the same complaint, in fact would make the complaint even more emphatically, if the student was my younger son, who may be a Freshman next year at this school. It is my intent not only form a reputation as the most unpleasent parent to deal with, but one with whom teachers probably don't want to fuck around with when I ask for a simple goddamn graded paper to appear each week.

They have a choice: Produce what I want, or have a formal complaint placed into their file.

Pretty simple, regardless of whether or not its called "bullying," which could be the name attached to anyone for whom you must comply.

My guess is you were riff'd to save money. Teaching credentials like the ones you've described are valuable, and a rich society is willing to pay for them. Unhappily, you, and maybe me, and a whole lot of others are going to find themselves more expensive to employ than anyone can afford.

I'm assuming you are saying that you think I'm a decent teacher, from what you know of me. I'll concur. ;) Seems the two districts I'm now subbing in agree, as I'm being requested faster than I can block myself out for jobs accepted. Now the question will be, will any hire me for the coming year?

For nearly a month now, sans 4 assignments, all my jobs have been in special ed, which I do NOT have an endorsement in. However, since I began teaching, I've differentiated my lessons and assessments. I've gotten my master degree in admin, with differentiation as a concentration. Don't blame me on the idiocy of such, blame the university. I KNOW it's illogical, but heh, it works for certification. Perhaps we can agree, that staff needs some differentiation? ;)

I guess I bring up the IEP, as a defense against those like Squeeze that are attacking.

Truthfully, I think you should have seen what compromises you could have made with the teachers, though with an IEP, principal was the best route.

If it was for a student without an IEP, I would assume the board would shoot your 'demand' down, but agree that the spirit of your request should be seriously considered by each teacher.

As I said, without an IEP, I'd say, "Mr. S, I don't grade/correct subjective responses, but here is your son's/daughter's response to these remarks on 'such and such date' in 3 minutes before leaving class on this date. Here is the text of my note outlines and that is what they were responding to. Tomorrow I'll send you my notes on adjustments to my lessons. If you have any questions, please call me between 7:20-7:55 am or after 2:15." I'd also tell you what we did in class, besides my notes.

Could I recite verbatim all the discussion, questions? No. From your posts I'm assuming you'd want my hide for so little info.

Now maybe I'm reading you wrong, but if I'm right, yeah, the administration should be protecting the teachers from that. At least if they can demonstrate that the kids are learning and have been based on test results and standardized tests.

An average unit has plenty of assessments for the results you are asking for, though may not be at the frequency you demand:

Civil War-5 weeks:

9 quizzes
40 bell ringers
3 tests
15 assignments

Seems like enough grades to me in 7th grade for 5 weeks.

I don't agree that you come off as a jerk, but I will agree that you make it very difficult to communicate with, in the sense that you seem to bully.
What's the difference?
See below. Well now above. :doubt:
:lol: I read your replies and I honestly can't tell the difference.

Some of my relatives are teachers, and uber-conservative. But they would not stomach Samson's bullshit.

It's one thing to want to work with teachers to better your children but quite another to work against them.

so is squeezberry a teacher? Yes or no in your opinion, Samson? My guess is yes, in a failing district.

To respond to your earlier post to me, you know that our methodologies are different. I will say that your jump at bell ringers at end of class shut me down in how to respond to you. While I would assume the differences are between subjects, I believe you think it's a matter of competency.

You will be glad to know that I'm now just substituting, not teaching. After 11 years teaching in parochial schools, I was rif'd. While your child isn't in private, I'm guessing you are saying alleluia, that other kids won't be stuck with me. Funny thing, I've earned awards and have had 15 kids get into highly selective colleges and thank me personally and in publications.

My classes were taught as units, which you seem to disagree with. My assessments were daily, but included oral responses, but at least 3 out of 5 days included either end of class response or quick quizzes. Problem for you that I discerned, would be that these often were subjective in the students' responses. So there wouldn't be a grade, but would allow me to discuss the next day. In a real sense their responses caused change in my lesson plans in order to meet my objectives.

From what I could tell, you wouldn't have found that acceptable. On the other hand, if I'd have an IEP kid in my class, (and over the years I did have some), I'd have sent home my lecture notes, the question, and their response.

If I'd have the notice from the office of what you wanted, that would have been my response to you and what I'd have provided you with, along with any other written materials your son/daughter had done. I don't agree that you come off as a jerk, but I will agree that you make it very difficult to communicate with, in the sense that you seem to bully.

There really is no other way to deal with intractable bureaucracy: Remember, I expressed my expectations for a MONTH before the meeting. I imagine that had I politely asked, the time-line would have been drawn even longer. Plus, I would not have gained the rep.

For some odd reason, you keep mentioning the IEP, which has absolutely nothing to do with the complaint? I would make the same complaint, in fact would make the complaint even more emphatically, if the student was my younger son, who may be a Freshman next year at this school. It is my intent not only form a reputation as the most unpleasent parent to deal with, but one with whom teachers probably don't want to fuck around with when I ask for a simple goddamn graded paper to appear each week.

They have a choice: Produce what I want, or have a formal complaint placed into their file.

Pretty simple, regardless of whether or not its called "bullying," which could be the name attached to anyone for whom you must comply.

My guess is you were riff'd to save money. Teaching credentials like the ones you've described are valuable, and a rich society is willing to pay for them. Unhappily, you, and maybe me, and a whole lot of others are going to find themselves more expensive to employ than anyone can afford.

I'm assuming you are saying that you think I'm a decent teacher, from what you know of me. I'll concur. ;) Seems the two districts I'm now subbing in agree, as I'm being requested faster than I can block myself out for jobs accepted. Now the question will be, will any hire me for the coming year?

For nearly a month now, sans 4 assignments, all my jobs have been in special ed, which I do NOT have an endorsement in. However, since I began teaching, I've differentiated my lessons and assessments. I've gotten my master degree in admin, with differentiation as a concentration. Don't blame me on the idiocy of such, blame the university. I KNOW it's illogical, but heh, it works for certification. Perhaps we can agree, that staff needs some differentiation? ;)

I guess I bring up the IEP, as a defense against those like Squeeze that are attacking.

Truthfully, I think you should have seen what compromises you could have made with the teachers, though with an IEP, principal was the best route.

If it was for a student without an IEP, I would assume the board would shoot your 'demand' down, but agree that the spirit of your request should be seriously considered by each teacher.

As I said, without an IEP, I'd say, "Mr. S, I don't grade/correct subjective responses, but here is your son's/daughter's response to these remarks on 'such and such date' in 3 minutes before leaving class on this date. Here is the text of my note outlines and that is what they were responding to. Tomorrow I'll send you my notes on adjustments to my lessons. If you have any questions, please call me between 7:20-7:55 am or after 2:15." I'd also tell you what we did in class, besides my notes.

Could I recite verbatim all the discussion, questions? No. From your posts I'm assuming you'd want my hide for so little info.

Now maybe I'm reading you wrong, but if I'm right, yeah, the administration should be protecting the teachers from that. At least if they can demonstrate that the kids are learning and have been based on test results and standardized tests.

An average unit has plenty of assessments for the results you are asking for, though may not be at the frequency you demand:

Civil War-5 weeks:

9 quizzes
40 bell ringers
3 tests
15 assignments

Again, my primary objective is not to evaluate teachers bases on the quality of their assignments, grading, or whatever: ALL I want to see is some minimum effort. While I have been shocked at the astonishingly low standards this has yielded, I have not complained about it.

Last edited:
Have another Vodka shot: It will get better.

No AMBIEN in the house?

You can probably pick some up tonight.

I'm not he one with the genetically inferior spawn

If this person is a educator, they should be fired. My guess, a wannabe. Which is pretty sad, considering the state of education today for the most part.

No, I give them a 50:50 chance of actually being a teacher.

As an Admin, you get to see all sorts of freaks with certification.

Try reading:
"The IEP has nothing to do with my complaint, or the thread."

You sure you are not a SpEd STUDENT and not a teacher?:lol:

You seem to be easily confused, even for a n00b. I bet if you spent less time whinging about how difficult life is, and went back to flipping hamburgers at Micky D's, then you'd be a whole lot happier....call up you case worker and bounce the idea off them: I'm sure they'll enthusiastically agree that you were never really qualified to teach.

Samson, I have to tell you. As a school board member that if you DEMANDED something from one of my teachers, I would tell you to go to hell, and then tell YOU that if you didn't stop harassing my teachers and administrators that I would not only contact the police, but I would expel your child , and yes school boards DO have that authority.

Now IF you were polite and couldn't resolve it with the teacher and or principal I would be happy to meet with you and try to meditate a resolution. But your threats would get you nowhere , and I'm sure that is EXACTLY the situation you find yourself in now.

And this from one who fundamentally agrees with you that teachers should be providing feedback to parents, even in high school.

Samson, I have to tell you. As a school board member that if you DEMANDED something from one of my teachers, I would tell you to go to hell, and then tell YOU that if you didn't stop harassing my teachers and administrators that I would not only contact the police, but I would expel your child , and yes school boards DO have that authority.

Now IF you were polite and couldn't resolve it with the teacher and or principal I would be happy to meet with you and try to meditate a resolution. But your threats would get you nowhere , and I'm sure that is EXACTLY the situation you find yourself in now.

And this from one who fundamentally agrees with you that teachers should be providing feedback to parents, even in high school.

And I'd agree: IF my complaint wasn't made through your very own complaint resolution system.

Some seem to be under the impression that I woke up one moring, walked into a principal's office, and began making "demands." However convenient a scenario might be for crybabies to want to believe, this spin won't fly. Because I have very carefully documented each and every graduation of my position with the teachers, for WEEKS and MONTHS, no one can claim they were never given the opportunity to resolve the situation.

Of course anyone could claim that they resisted because I wasn't "polite" about it. But being polite or not is difficult to document: I am sure that the school board will be more interested in the absence of fundamental teaching principles than the "tone" of a parent's complaint that finds them lacking.

So before you'd expell my kid, you'd better make damn sure you had all your documentation ready to prove cause, or I'd have the state breathing down your neck for the next decade. And, while he's expelled, I'd send him to the most expensive private school I could find, and I'd sue the district for the bill. Next I'd have the Fed's come in to check all the documents that you're supposed to keep on file according to IDEA.

All because your fucking teachers cannot produce a graded paper every week? Or because they feel "hurt" in the method that they were asked to simply do their goddamn job?

Last edited:

Civil War-5 weeks:

9 quizzes
40 bell ringers
3 tests
15 assignments

Again, my primary objective is not to evaluate teachers bases on the quality of their assignments, grading, or whatever: ALL I want to see is some minimum effort. While I have been shocked at the astonishingly low standards this has yielded, I have not complained about it.

Gee, and I thought this had something to do with your child; not an evaluation of the teachers efforts

It seems like they are telling Samson to go to hell, they're just not saying it out loud. :lol: Instead, they're just dicking around with him. I doubt they're scared of having a complaint filed against them for such foolishness.

I have to agree with you. Parents have the right to be kept informed of their childs' progress. They don't get to demand the form in which those updates will be communicated.

And I'd agree: IF my complaint wasn't made through your very own complaint resolution system.

Some seem to be under the impression that I woke up one moring, walked into a principal's office, and began making "demands." However convenient a scenario might be for crybabies to want to believe, this spin won't fly. Because I have very carefully documented each and every graduation of my position with the teachers, for WEEKS and MONTHS, no one can claim they were never given the opportunity to resolve the situation.

Of course anyone could claim that they resisted because I wasn't "polite" about it. But being polite or not is difficult to document: I am sure that the school board will be more interested in the absence of fundamental teaching principles than the "tone" of a parent's complaint that finds them lacking.

So before you'd expell my kid, you'd better make damn sure you had all your documentation ready to prove cause, or I'd have the state breathing down your neck for the next decade. And, while he's expelled, I'd send him to the most expensive private school I could find, and I'd sue the district for the bill. Next I'd have the Fed's come in to check all the documents that you're supposed to keep on file according to IDEA.

All because your fucking teachers cannot produce a graded paper every week? Or because they feel "hurt" in the method that they were asked to simply do their goddamn job?

It doesn't matter if your demand sufaced all of a sudden or gradually; No matter what the circumstances are, no matter how badly anyone has performed, you have no right to demand that teachers report to you in the way you demand.

It's beginning to sound like you havent been honest and forthcoming about this matter. At first, you presented this as an attempt by you to keep informed of your childs' progress. Now, you're ranting about "fundamental teaching principles" and the possibility of expulsion.

How in the world did the possibility of expulsion enter the picture?

Samson, I deal with parents like you all the time. I can guarantee right now, that you are NEVER anywhere around when the school needs volunteers, don't bother denying it I know from experience that I am 100% correct. You're the asshole that only shows up when you have a complaint.

You also better check the state and federal laws, bullying and or threatening a school employee in the course of their job is illegal.

As for expelling your child, not only do I have the legal ability to do so if I feel like his/her continued attendance at the school will be detrimental to the school as a whole, BUT you don't get to then take your child to a private school and bill me for it, no you get to a different public school district and enroll your child or pay for private school yourself. And yes, my school board has been sued for the very same situation and won, we didn't have to pay for private school.

You indicated earlier that the school used a system similar to our EdLine, now if the teachers aren't utilizing that system you DO have a right to file a complaint, if the school board can't satisfy you, then there is a state board of education which you can file a complaint with. If you can't get satisfaction there, you have the option of suing the school in court to get them to comply. Good luck with that.

Also, out of curiosity, does your child hear you refer to his/her instructors as "those fucking teachers?" Hell of an example you are setting there.

It doesn't matter if your demand sufaced all of a sudden or gradually; No matter what the circumstances are, no matter how badly anyone has performed, you have no right to demand that teachers report to you in the way you demand.

It's beginning to sound like you havent been honest and forthcoming about this matter. At first, you presented this as an attempt by you to keep informed of your childs' progress. Now, you're ranting about "fundamental teaching principles" and the possibility of expulsion.

How in the world did the possibility of expulsion enter the picture?

I brought it into the discussion to let Samson know that school boards don't take threatening parents lightly and can and will expel students to rid themselves of parents. I have done it. We can't foster an environment where parents feel justified in threatening school employees when they don't get their way.

Samson, I deal with parents like you all the time. I can guarantee right now, that you are NEVER anywhere around when the school needs volunteers, don't bother denying it I know from experience that I am 100% correct. You're the asshole that only shows up when you have a complaint.

You also better check the state and federal laws, bullying and or threatening a school employee in the course of their job is illegal.

As for expelling your child, not only do I have the legal ability to do so if I feel like his/her continued attendance at the school will be detrimental to the school as a whole, BUT you don't get to then take your child to a private school and bill me for it, no you get to a different public school district and enroll your child or pay for private school yourself. And yes, my school board has been sued for the very same situation and won, we didn't have to pay for private school.

You indicated earlier that the school used a system similar to our EdLine, now if the teachers aren't utilizing that system you DO have a right to file a complaint, if the school board can't satisfy you, then there is a state board of education which you can file a complaint with. If you can't get satisfaction there, you have the option of suing the school in court to get them to comply. Good luck with that.

Also, out of curiosity, does your child hear you refer to his/her instructors as "those fucking teachers?" Hell of an example you are setting there.

I have to re-quote this because it's so simple (and adult) that I'm sure Samson will completely dismiss it.

By the way Samson, you don't have to sic the feds on anyone to make sure my school has all the documents they are supposed to have, you simply have to file a an FOIA request. Anyone can do it, you are of course limited in what you can see, but that would hold true if you sued me in court, or sicced the feds on me.

Again, you sound like an asshole parent that every school dreads dealing with.

Sad state of affairs when school related parties can't handle a parent asking the school to teach and be accountable for that education delivery. Conhog, you should resign immediately, if you actually think the way you have mentioned here.

Forum List

Back