I hope the town fights this and wins.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
The roads around my little town have been greatly improved and as a serious cyclist my appreciation could never be expressed in mere words. I no longer get too far from home due to the national emergency, so I ride circuits around this storybook place. Shadows play on country lanes that reach out to me like old friends.

It is safe for now but a recent attempt to install low income housing into the midst of a neighborhood by the airport gives me pause. The project is advertised to provide affordable housing for seniors which seems like a good thing but a four-story high rise with elevators is an obvious nesting place to seed suburbia with future crime. Possible future meth labs and crack houses would not be a good fit for this town.

The safety and serenity of a rural area of mostly single-family homes cannot be guaranteed once the complex is completed. If you look at what oligarchical, elite leadership has done with medical marijuana which is a bait-and-switch tactic to legalize a gateway drug, you can see how these people operate. They disguise something bad as something good to get a foot in the door. That toothpaste can never be put back in the tube now.

Once that foreign monstrosity is constructed it becomes a real and present danger to the character and nature of the quiet and bucolic space people have chosen to live in. There has to be a first step to implement urban sprawl and that project fits the bill. People who live here do not want to live in the city and they do not want the city coming to them.

The project was voted down, but these people will be back with an army of lawyers. There is treasure in bringing the city to the country because the state was blindsided by the results of the last presidential election which was decided by an Electoral College of country voters who do not think like city dwellers.

The state is out to change that by imposing urban chaos into bedroom communities to alter thought patterns. They want to import voters more likely to submit to the elite authoritarianism of centralized government. The intent is to greatly minimize or eliminate single family homes.

The people of the town must fight this and keep on fighting. I do not want to be dodging bullets and Molotov Cocktails on my bicycle.

So you are afraid of the elderly. Is there anything that doesn't make you afraid?

Clearly the point he made sailed over your head.
His point is perfectly valid and probably spot on.

There is senior housing all over the country which is exactly just that, senior housing.

But when you are looking for a boogeyman in every closet...........................

So you are afraid of the elderly. Is there anything that doesn't make you afraid?

There is senior housing all over the country which is exactly just that, senior housing.

But when you are looking for a boogeyman in every closet...........................

The problem is that ray is correct.
When CITY PLANNERS decide where and how the elderly will be housed, THAT is a problem and a gimmick.
In South Florida where there are millions of elderly, the Senior developments are private.

Except like Ray said, now the cities are taking over development and putting low income housing deliberately in places a private developer never would.

Obama initiated a massive program to house low income people in wealthy or well to do neighborhoods.
All this does is lower property values and makes people angry.
In Pompano Beach, the city buys up land then puts $500,000 homes on the land and restricts it to section 8.
Within a few years, the properly is often destroyed and the taxpayers are tapped to demolish and rebuild over and over again.

People living on government handouts living in new custom half million dollar homes driving $50,000 SUVs
It is blatant government redistribution of wealth.
And are they happy? NO. They are some of the meanest, rudest people you will ever see.

Last edited:

Potential muggers and bike thieves
I was once riding my bike through a retirement village and this guy with a walker started chasing me and calling me names

• Banned
There is a city about eight miles north of town. The community has a mid-sized supermarket and that is about it. Hayfields are a common sight along with private farms that harvest corn among other things.
If the project goes through it would be the tallest building in the area.

There is a city about eight miles north of town. The community has a mid-sized supermarket and that is about it. Hayfields are a common sight along with private farms that harvest corn among other things.

So what you are really concerned with is what you consider an eyesore and you decided to blame people who have nothing to do with that?

So what you are really concerned with is what you consider an eyesore and you decided to blame people who have nothing to do with that?
What I am concered about is that the project is a catalyst to spread the city into the country.

Last edited:

What I am concered about is that the project is a catalyst to spread the city into the country.

And you thought a good way to do would be to scare people about poor people.

Rsy you are sadly correct. Building necessary and peaceful senior citizen housing is the excuse to change the zoning. Once the zoning is changed they can bring in all the low income pus they want. Look for transitional housing for sex offenders next.

Form a screaming, blathering mob to beat drums at city hall but stop that project

NIMBY = Not in my back yard ...

Why are you complaining when there's serious money to be made? ... buy up a bunch of land, throw down manufactured homes, sell them off ... move to the next community ... wash rinse spin ... obviously the State wants this, bigger tax base, they'll be your best friend in this operation ...

Oregon's has her draconian land use laws ... rural areas have a minimum lot size of 60 acres, and a minimum gross agricultural revenue in order to build anything on this land ... takes up to twenty years for cities to annex more land ... and it's such a paperwork nightmare, most communities infill or build upwards ...

For the record ... it's prescription opiates that leads to abuse of non-prescription opiates ... marijuana is the non-addictive alternative to prescription opiates ... or maybe you like seeing people in abject pain ...

It's known as bait-and-switch, which dishonest lefty political hacks are renowned for, and moonbats like you are fond of excusing with your tired old appeals to emotion.

It's known as bait-and-switch, which dishonest lefty political hacks are renowned for, and moonbats like you are fond of excusing with your tired old appeals to emotion.

There are senior housing units all over the country.

The roads around my little town have been greatly improved and as a serious cyclist my appreciation could never be expressed in mere words. I no longer get too far from home due to the national emergency, so I ride circuits around this storybook place. Shadows play on country lanes that reach out to me like old friends.

It is safe for now but a recent attempt to install low income housing into the midst of a neighborhood by the airport gives me pause. The project is advertised to provide affordable housing for seniors which seems like a good thing but a four-story high rise with elevators is an obvious nesting place to seed suburbia with future crime. Possible future meth labs and crack houses would not be a good fit for this town.

The safety and serenity of a rural area of mostly single-family homes cannot be guaranteed once the complex is completed. If you look at what oligarchical, elite leadership has done with medical marijuana which is a bait-and-switch tactic to legalize a gateway drug, you can see how these people operate. They disguise something bad as something good to get a foot in the door. That toothpaste can never be put back in the tube now.

Once that foreign monstrosity is constructed it becomes a real and present danger to the character and nature of the quiet and bucolic space people have chosen to live in. There has to be a first step to implement urban sprawl and that project fits the bill. People who live here do not want to live in the city and they do not want the city coming to them.

The project was voted down, but these people will be back with an army of lawyers. There is treasure in bringing the city to the country because the state was blindsided by the results of the last presidential election which was decided by an Electoral College of country voters who do not think like city dwellers.

The state is out to change that by imposing urban chaos into bedroom communities to alter thought patterns. They want to import voters more likely to submit to the elite authoritarianism of centralized government. The intent is to greatly minimize or eliminate single family homes.

The people of the town must fight this and keep on fighting. I do not want to be dodging bullets and Molotov Cocktails on my bicycle.
A brother of the cog.

May the Prophet (The Cannibal Eddy Merckx) bestow you with much V, brother. The Velominatti will rule the roads forever!
:beer:

This isn't about senior housing, it's about getting the zoning changed to exploit later.

You're either a fool who can't see past his own nose or complicit with this.

This isn't about senior housing, it's about getting the zoning changed to exploit later.

You're either a fool who can't see past his own nose or complicit with this.

LOL, yeah I'm the contractor in disguise. Senior housing is built all over the country. Many seniors really appreciate it.

A brother of the cog.

May the Prophet (The Cannibal Eddy Merckx) bestow you with much V, brother. The Velominatti will rule the roads forever!
:beer:
I hope they have the Tour this year but I am not opptimistic.

Forum List

Back