I Keep Getting Redirected ...

Tried an 'anti-virus' program once. I removed it after an hour or so, and haven't used one since, going on some 18 years now. I've never picked up anything. I just use the browser's settings, don't use IE, for anything, and don't download a bunch of 'free' garbage. I don't have any idea what I'm doing wrong ...

Tried an 'anti-virus' program once. I removed it after an hour or so, and haven't used one since, going on some 18 years now. I've never picked up anything. I just use the browser's settings, don't use IE, for anything, and don't download a bunch of 'free' garbage. I don't have any idea what I'm doing wrong ...

:rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:
I keep seeing DIAOPLAYER.

The screen capture from Sameech is the first splash that come up. If you dismiss that message by delettion, you get a page that spoofs that Adobe logo and a offer to down a player. But the URLs are definitately bogus. With daioplayer.com being one of the hosting sites. I believe that only certain USMB pages are blocked. So the folks that picked it up, like me navigated to or were served an ad that was defective or malicious from a particular location or time.

[MENTION=30473]flacaltenn[/MENTION]

I did try to install that Adobe flash and McAfee blocked my effort with a huge warning. I had an option to force it but was warned by McAfee they would drop me, if I did. They were taking NO chances.

My gawd...who can you trust. The Adobe logo was authentic looking.

You LOVE danger apparently !!! :eek: Especially if you're trusting McAfee to watch your back. :D It's Dodge City in the Matrix out there. That was an interesting little fire drill..

I think what happens a lot is just mutant code. Poorly written, poorly tested -- not MEANT to be malicious.. But a Russian ad agency can make 100 million folks their hostages by putting untested code out there.

that's exactly it. Shitty and poorly written. Very frustrating....

[MENTION=30473]flacaltenn[/MENTION]

I did try to install that Adobe flash and McAfee blocked my effort with a huge warning. I had an option to force it but was warned by McAfee they would drop me, if I did. They were taking NO chances.

My gawd...who can you trust. The Adobe logo was authentic looking.

You LOVE danger apparently !!! :eek: Especially if you're trusting McAfee to watch your back. :D It's Dodge City in the Matrix out there. That was an interesting little fire drill..

I think what happens a lot is just mutant code. Poorly written, poorly tested -- not MEANT to be malicious.. But a Russian ad agency can make 100 million folks their hostages by putting untested code out there.

Norton has been my main go for years, but my tech said today's McAfee isn't yesterday's McAfee. It came free for a month with my new W-7 PC so I subscribed for a year. :thup:

Get AVG. They have a free version. I use the paid version.

Norton has been my main go for years, but my tech said today's McAfee isn't yesterday's McAfee. It came free for a month with my new W-7 PC so I subscribed for a year. :thup:

Why not just the windows defender security suite?

They want you to look at the ads here, maybe you don't get the concept.

My IE works fine at every other website. Chrome, Firefox, adblock all have their place but I have my own opinions on all of it. These problems are not the fault of the user. There is something going on.

I was getting two rows of words....red words...and anytime my mouse went over them they would initiate these whirling arrows that would then open an ad pop up. I was getting audio ads while posting....so bad I had to turn down my volume to 0.

Then someone said to add Adblock...you can download it free. I use Safari on a Mac, so I had to make sure it was for the Mac. I downloaded but didn't install it because I got a warning message saying free downloads could have malware. I think that was just Apple being cautious. After a couple more days of suffering through all that crap I decided to go ahead and install it. It stopped all that crap immediately. I've not had the ads, the words nor the audio since. It is worth it.

Last edited:
Yes. Happening to me too. Keeps downloadin adware too.

On my chrome and internet explorer.

Right now I am using my phone to post this.

My computer has crashed like 4 times tonight on this site. And I have Chrome adblock.

Yep. The naughty bits are back and worse than ever. Tomorrow I will load Adblock.......
Goes on my massive USMB expense account [MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION] $0.00 ...... :D Might splurge and buy a registered copy if it works...

I'm on Chrome, CK. No probs on this end. I have adblock too.

Hope that helps you pinpoint the problem.

Ditto. (Chrome & Adblock) No problems at all.
Except yesterday, I was on a company PC and on USMB certain words in people's posts were red? I remember someone bring that up a week or so ago. Whaz up with dat?

Put your cursor over the red and it shows a link to Kelley Blue Book....whaz up wit tat? It's in somebody's signature...I forget whose.

Last edited:
Im having problems with it on FF, Explorer and on my windows phone. Annoying as heck. Im surprised i can type this out.

I keep getting redirected to a page asking me to download a video player and also the quoted box for posting is still hesitating when you type.

Wtf is wrong with this site?

I get the same thing, it started about three days ago and only on my Ipad

Except it is sites trying to sell me apps. No way to get back to the page I was on without logging out. Very frustrating

The hesitating thing when I type comes and goes

Same here.

Forum List

Back