i love that alec baldwin as Trump on snl...

So both sides show human traits and that means they are the same in every way? One thing I can't stand is the false equivilecies argument used this year.

Donald Trump says grab em by the Pussy = Clinton has said bad things too!

Trump skips out on taxes = uhh so does Soros!

Trump can't find the line between mean and funny at a Dinner and gets booed = Clinton had mean jokes too!

And don't forget the left is just like the right. No differences and if there are differences...they both don't REALLY care about those because they are all terrible.

Some of you guys need a pick me up, some happy pills or at least some glass half full lenses.
Yet another example of the type of dishonest straw man argument to which I referred earlier, and the reason it's so difficult to communicate with hardcore partisan ideologues.

I twice specifically said that both sides are not "the same", merely that they share many behaviors.

And then you say "So both sides show human traits and that means they are the same in every way?"

I've reached the conclusion that both the perceptions and thought processes of hardcore partisan ideologues are distorted. You literally can't help yourselves.

What groups on the far right and far left commit the same acts?
I don't know. Why do you ask?

Looking forward to your answer. Let's see if you can avoid a dishonest straw man argument.

I want to know your gunge of what you think the far right and left are, you've never said.
They are the people on both ends of the spectrum who regularly exhibit the behaviors I specifically outlined in post 69.

Name them. Who do you think is the far right and left? it's not a trick question, stop deflecting.

Hardcore partisan ideologues HATE being compared to those on the other end, those they so loathe.

Good.

You can't even name groups on the far right or left and now you are distorting the arguments of others. That's also on your list.
Gosh, it looks like I'll just have to somehow find a way to proceed without your approval.

Gosh.

Hardcore partisan ideologues HATE being compared to those on the other end, those they so loathe.

Good.

You can't even name groups on the far right or left and now you are distorting the arguments of others. That's also on your list.
Gosh, it looks like I'll just have to somehow find a way to proceed without your approval.

Gosh.

You are criticizing the far right and left and yet you can't even give an example of who they are. Is defensive on your list too?

Good.

Gosh.

You are criticizing the far right and left and yet you can't even give an example of who they are. Is defensive on your list too?
Holy crap, good idea. You and CC have been very defensive even though I didn't mention you by name.

Good point.

See, I never have to name names. You folks can't help yourselves, you just HAVE to jump in and self identify for me.

Good.

Gosh.

Holy crap, good idea. You and CC have been very defensive even though I didn't mention you by name.

Good point.

See, I never have to name names. You folks can't help yourselves, you just HAVE to jump in and self identify for me.

I'm merely trying to get to your point. But you don't seem to want to back up your point. Who is on the far right and left? You don't know. Instead you're stalling and relying on tactics you have assigned to those you don't agree with. Gee, sounds kind of partisan.

You think I expected either of you nitwits to believe me?

:lmao:

OMG, every time I think you people can't get any more stupid. That's classic

And here you are deflecting from the discussion that you are unable to back up your own point.

Liberals really miss the playground, don't you?

Why even respond when you can't back up your point?

There's a difference between can't and won't. I personally don't waste my time doing research for people who aren't intellectually engaged even if they do go all playground on me. The limit of your capabilities I'm sure

There is a difference between can't and won't and you can't and won't prove your own point.

EDIT: To speed this up I'm going to follow up with asking you how the mainstream right and left treat these groups.
What groups?

Never thought much of him as a comedian myself

He was great on 30 Rock

One of the reasons I didn't watch it.

Sure, they were liberal. But the show didn't have an agenda, that's all I ask. They made more fun of liberals than conservatives on the show

Haven't watched him since The Shadow.

and his earlier roles didn't show much promise IMO

The guy's an ass in real life for sure, but I don't get how you don't see him as a very good actor. He's best though playing psychos, which isn't really acting in his case, like Malice:

Hillary attacking victims of her sexual predator husband was way worse

How so? Document it.

Obviously you already know, you're just playing the "no it isn't" game

I'm giving you an opportunity that you don't appear to want to take. Says bunches.
And that's why when they just say Hillary said worse they get mad when you don't just believe them. They won't show it to you and instead get mad that you had the nerve to ask what Kaz I'd talking about.

I've heard your claim from the right so often, but never saw any documentation where it actually happened other than Rush's claims. I'm pretty sure it only happened in your mind.

How so? Document it.

I'm giving you an opportunity that you don't appear to want to take. Says bunches.
And that's why when they just say Hillary said worse they get mad when you don't just believe them. They won't show it to you and instead get mad that you had the nerve to ask what Kaz I'd talking about.

I've heard your claim from the right so often, but never saw any documentation where it actually happened other than Rush's claims. I'm pretty sure it only happened in your mind.

You listen to Rush? That's so racist of you. Or is it misogynistic. Xenophobic? Which one again?

You listen to Rush? That's so racist of you. Or is it misogynistic. Xenophobic? Which one again?

Still no documentation. Imagine that.

Good.

Gosh.

Good point.

I'm merely trying to get to your point. But you don't seem to want to back up your point. Who is on the far right and left? You don't know. Instead you're stalling and relying on tactics you have assigned to those you don't agree with. Gee, sounds kind of partisan.
You want names? Specify. This board? In politics? Out of politics? Television? Radio? Print? Pundits? Who?

I know that you can name left wingers and right wingers on this board, in politics and elsewhere. I think you know who is left wing and who is right wing, and that you're just being obtuse. Are you really pretending to not know?

And speaking of that, you have been kind enough to exhibit four of the behaviors of partisan ideologues that I listed:
  1. You've been obtuse, post 85.
  2. You've tried a Straw Man Argument, post 35.
  3. Name-calling, post 40.
  4. Personal insult, post 60.
We both know who I'm talking about, and judging by your behavior, you're one of the people I'm taking about.

reality tv too. we'll cut right to the chase on this one....

You mean the guy that called his own daughter a pig among other nasty things, that Alec Baldwin? Typical regressive hero.

That's why he does trump so well.

Interesting it bothers you that Alec called his daughter a pig but it's cool when trump calls women names

Funny, why didn't you post of me defending Trump on that? Could it be that it doesn't exist and baseless claims are your trade mark?

Gosh.

Good point.

You want names? Specify. This board? In politics? Out of politics? Television? Radio? Print? Pundits? Who?

I know that you can name left wingers and right wingers on this board, in politics and elsewhere. I think you know who is left wing and who is right wing, and that you're just being obtuse. Are you really pretending to not know?

And speaking of that, you have been kind enough to exhibit four of the behaviors of partisan ideologues that I listed:
We both know who I'm talking about, and judging by your behavior, you're one of the people I'm taking about.

Far right and far left groups, I thought that was obvious.

So, now what you are saying (and I'm not going back to look at the posts) is that it's OK if you do those things on your list but if a liberal (or conservative I presume) then it's a sign of hyper partisanship or whatever. Seems to be an unfair standard.

But yeah, back to the point, far left and far right wing groups, name them.

Gosh.

Good point.

Far right and far left groups, I thought that was obvious.

So, now what you are saying (and I'm not going back to look at the posts) is that it's OK if you do those things on your list but if a liberal (or conservative I presume) then it's a sign of hyper partisanship or whatever. Seems to be an unfair standard.

But yeah, back to the point, far left and far right wing groups, name them.
Uh, okay. I wonder why this is so important. Here, just for you, I googled "list of progressive groups in america" and "list of conservative groups in america" and came up with a few:

Far Right: Heritage Foundation, Media Research Center, Christian Coaltion

Far Left: MoveOn, People for the American Way, Americans United for Separation of Church & State

Now, are you going to tell me why this matters, or is this a secret?

And no, I'm not saying that.

Another straw man.

If I exhibit those behaviors, then I am guilty of exhibiting those behaviors. I go out of my way to avoid them because I want to be honest, and because I don't have an ideological flank I feel some need to protect. Hardcore partisan ideologues use those tactics regularly, constantly.

I don't need your agreement.

Last edited:
And no, I'm not saying that.

Another straw man.

If I exhibit those behaviors, then I am guilty of exhibiting those behaviors. I go out of my way to avoid them because I want to be honest, and because I don't have an ideological flank I feel some need to protect. Hardcore partisan ideologues use those tactics regularly, constantly.

I don't need your agreement.

Why are you changing the subject? What groups do you think belong to the far right and what groups do you think belong to the far left? That's where this started and you keep deflecting and deflecting and accusing me of creating strawmen or whatever. Just name them already, Jesus Christ.

I guess in order for someone to play Trump properly they need an inner asshole to reach to for inspiration. Baldwin is doing an excellent job.
did obama's erection come up last night ? i heard they were told to stay away from it.

Why are you so obsessed with the president's penis?
seriously, you don't think it's news in an election year, it's the snake on the plane. aren't you curious about who was on the phone ? what happened to all the other pictures you hear being taken.

oh yeah and why was he waving it around like that. this is political theater at it's best to have actual video of the president being pervy. :) i gotta hear from the women on the plane. we will soon, snopes is on it.

Forum List

Back