I may have gotten the impeachment thing all wrong

I’ve been pretty outspoken on how bad of an idea I thought this impeachment move would be for our government and our country. I saw the transition from the House to the Republican controlled Senate bringing a change in focus from Trumps actions to Biden corruption. It doesn’t appear that the Republicans are taking that route. I’ve seen the conservative media blitz working overtime on Biden corruption trying to shine the spotlight on that narrative, that tactic is in full swing, but in the capitol it looks like a race to dismissal.

It was rather astonishing to listen to the Republicans dismiss amendment after amendment after clear documentation and witnesses were presented that would add direct supporting material to the accusations.

It is very clear that the Republicans are not interested in finding the truth, seeing the facts, or even allowing the Dems to use the facts to present their case. They seem to just want to defend the president and dismiss the case. It stinks to high heaven and coming from somebody who doesn’t think Trump should be impeached I will say this path that Trump and the Reps are going down is looking more and more like a dirty cover up. When I first heard the Dems use that term it sounded like political hyperbole... After day 1 it’s sounding pretty spot on

The amendments were designed to drag the process out as far as possible, add new charges not part of the articles, and basically make the whole thing a shit show. If they allowed one side to bring in new evidence, they would have opened a floodgate.

The House was supposed to make it's case via the articles themselves, not with added bullshit afterwards.
they have their case with their articles. They were blocked from getting supporting evidence in the house. I think it completely reasonable for the senate to allow the subpoena of documents and witnesses. Also very reasonable to let a Republican appointed Supreme Court justice determine whether witnesses are material or not. The fact that the Reps blocked that completely shows their cards.

It shows they learned from the Democrats "we control the venue, we control the rules"

There is zero gain for Republicans to play nice when Democrats wouldn't do it in the house.

That's why for the past few decades they have been constantly outmaneuvered by the left.
The gain for Republicans is to show the public a fair trail.

I’ve been pretty outspoken on how bad of an idea I thought this impeachment move would be for our government and our country. I saw the transition from the House to the Republican controlled Senate bringing a change in focus from Trumps actions to Biden corruption. It doesn’t appear that the Republicans are taking that route. I’ve seen the conservative media blitz working overtime on Biden corruption trying to shine the spotlight on that narrative, that tactic is in full swing, but in the capitol it looks like a race to dismissal.

It was rather astonishing to listen to the Republicans dismiss amendment after amendment after clear documentation and witnesses were presented that would add direct supporting material to the accusations.

It is very clear that the Republicans are not interested in finding the truth, seeing the facts, or even allowing the Dems to use the facts to present their case. They seem to just want to defend the president and dismiss the case. It stinks to high heaven and coming from somebody who doesn’t think Trump should be impeached I will say this path that Trump and the Reps are going down is looking more and more like a dirty cover up. When I first heard the Dems use that term it sounded like political hyperbole... After day 1 it’s sounding pretty spot on
The time to gather facts, witnesses, and documents was when it was in the House.

In the Senate, they are allowed ONLY the witnesses, documents, and facts (yeah, I snickered a bit there) that they put together for the Articles of Impeachment.

The fact-finding and cross-examination by the Democrats is over.

Now it is Trump's turn, if the Senate votes to allow it.

Otherwise, the Dems make their case based upon what they have. Nothing more, nothing less.
Are you interested at all to hear what Mik and Bolton and Pompeo have to say about the situation?
Not really. Nor am I interested in what Guliani has to say. He makes all these claims of documents, yet none of them seem to be published or even forwarded to the USAG.

The case for impeachment by the Democrats is listed in the Articles along with what evidence and testimony that have.

That is ALL that is allowed now. That is how the process works.
the process works however the senate wants it to work. They could vote to dismiss right now if they wanted but they won’t because the public would crucify them. It will be their call if not allowing the pursuit of documents and testimony that the house was blocked from will be a good move or not. I personally think it makes it look like they are hiding from the truth

Actually, most of us Trump supporters did want Mitch to throw it out in one hour. He's giving the Democrats some slack here, and all they do is cry about it. The commies want to run the Senate as well as the House. Too bad.
I get that. Yall like to play childish gotchya games and troll people on forums so I’m not surprised that you don’t support or respect a smart honest and fair procedure

And you believe Shokin... why?

Because Shokin's story makes sense. The Democrat story does not.

What the Democrats are claiming is that Joe went to Ukraine to have Shokin fired because he was not doing enough to look into the company that was paying his drug addict son 83K a month. Shokin's story is that's why he got fired; because he was looking into money laundering by Hunter. Which is more believable to you?

Unless Joe was having a huge dispute with his son and looking to get even with him somehow that he would want to see his company closed down, then it doesn't make any kind of sense at all. I know you on the left can't believe it, but it's the truth.

Joe and his sons seem like a pretty close family as it should be. So if Shokin was breathing down his sons neck and about to expose him, it would make sense that a protective father do what he could to make sure that didn't happen.
It was the US foreign policy to get Shokin out. Same for the IMF and allied countries. There are articles about corruption in shokins office from all over the world. There’s a signed letter from GOP congressmen... this was not a Joe Biden solo mission. Why do you continuously ignore these facts? I’ve told them to you before, I’ve provided links.... at this point I’m convinced you are simply trolling.

Yeah, people keep telling me about these other countries, yet I can't find any of them on Google. Not that it would make a difference anyway, the US is not responsible to carry out the will of other nations.

"You have six hours to get rid of Shokin." Why the hurry? Why the need to put an hourly time clock on executing the matter? What was his hurry?

Seems to me that Shokin has more credibility than anybody else involved in this matter. Shokin has nothing to gain by outing Joe and his son. He's out, and he's not coming back. I would venture to say that Shokin is more believable. What reinforces that is the Democrats knee-jerk reaction by creating this phony impeachment bit. Seems they have a time clock as well. Wonder what that could be???
ive posted links and would do so again but you just said it wouldnt make a difference so I won’t waste my time. The support from other countries and the IMF shows that Joe wasn’t acting alone to protect his son unless you think our congress, administration and allied countries were all in on outing a good prosecutor to protect Hunter Biden from his boss getting busted. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

Not nearly as stupid as making the claim that Joe had Shokin fired because he wasn't doing enough to find corruption of a company that his son was employed by, doing a job he wasn't qualified to do, and barely showed up for work.
well tell me Ray. Why did GOP senators wrote and sign a letter to get Shokin pitted? Why did the IMF threaten to hold aid funding until they reformed his office. What’s your explaination?

Can you show us the relationship to US Code in Article 2 of House Resolution 1?

What obstruction charge?

Can you find it in US Code?
Please show where the Trump admin ever claimed executive privilege.

Try to keep up. I didn't say he did. I said that Nance gamed the process to avoid it.

There is no "avoiding " it. It's either invoked or not. Hence the ostruction charge.

Article II of the Trump impeachment.

Nope. Irrelevant.

Yes you are and so is your case.

Can you show us the relationship to US Code in Article 2 of House Resolution 1?

What obstruction charge?

Can you find it in US Code?
Try to keep up. I didn't say he did. I said that Nance gamed the process to avoid it.

There is no "avoiding " it. It's either invoked or not. Hence the ostruction charge.

Article II of the Trump impeachment.

Nope. Irrelevant.

The thing is if it's later found out that Shokin was telling the truth, then that would mean Biden is guilty of what they are accusing Trump of doing. Biden had Shokin fired to protect his son. Wouldn't that be nice to come out just before the election.

Yes as a matter of fact, Shokin was the one tasked to look into corruption, he found it and got fired.

Yes. This is a sham trial. It has been orchestrated to do nothing but cover Prezzie (Im)Peach(ed)'s ass. Don't look for anything resembling justice to take place in this politically one-sided dog and pony show.

So you are going to lose twice in four years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How so?

You’re queen lost, and you’re party can’t undue the election.

Fake News Prove it.

Why did you applaud Obama Bin Lying giving Iran Obama Bucks for Obama Bombs to kill Americans with?

Because Shokin's story makes sense. The Democrat story does not.

What the Democrats are claiming is that Joe went to Ukraine to have Shokin fired because he was not doing enough to look into the company that was paying his drug addict son 83K a month. Shokin's story is that's why he got fired; because he was looking into money laundering by Hunter. Which is more believable to you?

Unless Joe was having a huge dispute with his son and looking to get even with him somehow that he would want to see his company closed down, then it doesn't make any kind of sense at all. I know you on the left can't believe it, but it's the truth.

Joe and his sons seem like a pretty close family as it should be. So if Shokin was breathing down his sons neck and about to expose him, it would make sense that a protective father do what he could to make sure that didn't happen.
It was the US foreign policy to get Shokin out. Same for the IMF and allied countries. There are articles about corruption in shokins office from all over the world. There’s a signed letter from GOP congressmen... this was not a Joe Biden solo mission. Why do you continuously ignore these facts? I’ve told them to you before, I’ve provided links.... at this point I’m convinced you are simply trolling.

Yeah, people keep telling me about these other countries, yet I can't find any of them on Google. Not that it would make a difference anyway, the US is not responsible to carry out the will of other nations.

"You have six hours to get rid of Shokin." Why the hurry? Why the need to put an hourly time clock on executing the matter? What was his hurry?

Seems to me that Shokin has more credibility than anybody else involved in this matter. Shokin has nothing to gain by outing Joe and his son. He's out, and he's not coming back. I would venture to say that Shokin is more believable. What reinforces that is the Democrats knee-jerk reaction by creating this phony impeachment bit. Seems they have a time clock as well. Wonder what that could be???
ive posted links and would do so again but you just said it wouldnt make a difference so I won’t waste my time. The support from other countries and the IMF shows that Joe wasn’t acting alone to protect his son unless you think our congress, administration and allied countries were all in on outing a good prosecutor to protect Hunter Biden from his boss getting busted. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

Not nearly as stupid as making the claim that Joe had Shokin fired because he wasn't doing enough to find corruption of a company that his son was employed by, doing a job he wasn't qualified to do, and barely showed up for work.
well tell me Ray. Why did GOP senators wrote and sign a letter to get Shokin pitted? Why did the IMF threaten to hold aid funding until they reformed his office. What’s your explaination?

EP was never invoked. Not once.

didnt you get the memo???

you must not be important enough,,,

Perrhaps you should post it.

I will have to check and see if its classified beyond your clearance level

Or you could just show us where EP was invoked. But we know you can't.

it happened at the exact same time he said NO,,,

Nope.
Sorry.
It doesn't work that way.
Educate yourself.
Primer on Executive Privilege and the Executive Branch Approach to Congressional Oversight

The House Managers are doing awesome job of explaining it, I can't see how any republican can dismiss an impeachment of abuse of office and obstruction of congress and removal of office.

Oh nonsense Penny. They are spewing the same shit they did during the inquiry. Abuse of office is an unviable nebulous charge and there is no such thing as obstruction of Congress by a U.S. President. This impeachment is not appropriate factually, legally or Constitutionally. BTW the articles should need no explanation and the fact that Dims like Schiff and Nadler blather on about the same old unproven bullshit tells volumes about the Democrat complete lack of evidence.

Yes. This is a sham trial. It has been orchestrated to do nothing but cover Prezzie (Im)Peach(ed)'s ass. Don't look for anything resembling justice to take place in this politically one-sided dog and pony show.

How so?

I didn't vote for Clinton, and 'You're' should be 'your'. WTF are you on about?

That’s not what I’m hearing... they think they have enough. But they also want more, why wouldn’t they want more?. They want the stuff Trump blocked them from getting. Can you blame them?

Everyone should want to hear more. Unless of course they know it would not help their case. In which case the fix is in and the entirety of the Republican congress is complicit.
Well then, the House Clowns should have put more together......but they were in a hurry.

The Senate hears and rules on the case the House brings, it doesn't try to make a case for the House.

There is no such rule. New subpoenas, witnesses and documents have been a part of past Senate impeachment trials.
It's never been the job of the jury to further conduct more investigations.

This is a Senate impeachment trial and hearing witnesses is not investigating. It's testimony.
How many witnesses testified publicly at Clinton’s trial?

why do you think it’s a clown show to see documents showing direct communication and witnesses who had direct access to trumps directives? Wouldn’t that clear Trump if he did nothing wrong?

One would think so. If they were innocent that is.
Why aren't you mad at Nazi's Clowns for not doing their job in the House?

They did their job. The Senate is not.
if they did their job then why are they asking the senate to do it???

youre such a useful idiot,,,

Pay attention.
They're asking the Senate to do it's job, dope.
No, the are begging the Senate to do the House’s job.

There is no Biden corruption.

Everyone should want to hear more. Unless of course they know it would not help their case. In which case the fix is in and the entirety of the Republican congress is complicit.
Well then, the House Clowns should have put more together......but they were in a hurry.

The Senate hears and rules on the case the House brings, it doesn't try to make a case for the House.

There is no such rule. New subpoenas, witnesses and documents have been a part of past Senate impeachment trials.
It's never been the job of the jury to further conduct more investigations.

This is a Senate impeachment trial and hearing witnesses is not investigating. It's testimony.
How many witnesses testified publicly at Clinton’s trial?

None. Three depositions were viewed privately due to the salacious nature of the testimony.
Now explain what that has to do with my post.

Sure about that?
Leftist-NoBorder-DesktopPopup-3224x1700.gif

One would think so. If they were innocent that is.
Why aren't you mad at Nazi's Clowns for not doing their job in the House?

They did their job. The Senate is not.
if they did their job then why are they asking the senate to do it???

youre such a useful idiot,,,

Pay attention.
They're asking the Senate to do it's job, dope.
No, the are begging the Senate to do the House’s job.

Witnesses have been a part of all 15 Senate impeachment trials. Some Including new witnesses. It is the job of the Senate. They just know it won't work out for them this time.

Last edited:
Sure about that?

As sure as one can be. No evidence has been put forward to the contrary.

Get some credible accusations and then we can talk. You got shit.

How so?

I didn't vote for Clinton, and 'You're' should be 'your'. WTF are you on about?

Gee autocorrect issues trigger you. Maybe I need to be impeached. And what does “WTF are you on about” mean, as long as you are being so critical? You must be a dim. Who did you vote for? Ralph Nader?

Forum List

Back