I may or may not watch the Super Bowl. (Yes this belongs in politics.)

This is a very specific and focused discussion on one single aspect of the Super Bowl or anything similar that might apply.

I may or may not watch the Super Bowl. One reason is how politicized national sports have become. But also. . .

I see where the intention is to play the so-called "Black National Anthem" at the game. How divisive is having a national anthem for black people and another for everybody else? How is that not racist? How is that not the same thing as separate schools or separate drinking fountains?

To me it is just wrong.
/——-/ Broadcasters and advertisers are cowards. Nuff said

After kick-off I think I'll keep score of the number of commercials with negros in them.....And not buy any of their shit. ;)

Belay that, it will be easier to keep track of commercials without negros in them.
/——/ I just watched the first gay commercial of the pre game.

Well I am watching because Hombre (hubby) wanted company while he watched, Rendition of "Amazing Grace", a great 'National Anthem" by Chris Stapleton, no players kneeling, tears in the eyes of some including black players, and so far no 'black national anthem' Maybe the NFL got the memo that a lot of people of all colors resented a concept of separate national anthems?

This is a very specific and focused discussion on one single aspect of the Super Bowl or anything similar that might apply.

I may or may not watch the Super Bowl. One reason is how politicized national sports have become. But also. . .

I see where the intention is to play the so-called "Black National Anthem" at the game. How divisive is having a national anthem for black people and another for everybody else? How is that not racist? How is that not the same thing as separate schools or separate drinking fountains?

To me it is just wrong.
Bingo!
Not watching it either for that & similar reasons.

Try having a "White/Hispanic/Asian National Anthem" & see the outrage.
Now, it's all "back of the bus" if you ain't black.

Progressivism is actually regression rebranded by Newspeak

The Black national anthem is the term coined for the song "Lift Every Voice And Sing." It was written in 1899 by James Weldon Johnson initially as a poem celebrating Abraham Lincoln's birthday and was quickly embraced as a powerful symbol of the mix of struggle and enduring hope for Black people in the U.S.

It has endured as a culturally iconic melody more than a century after it was first performed in 1900, with famous renditions delivered from the likes of Ray Charles and Beyonce.

Below are the lyrics to "Lift Every Voice And Sing," written by James Weldon Johnson:

Lift every voice and sing
Till earth and heaven ring,
Ring with the harmonies of Liberty;
Let our rejoicing rise
High as the listening skies,
Let it resound loud as the rolling sea.
Sing a song full of the faith that the dark past has taught us,
Sing a song full of the hope that the present has brought us,
Facing the rising sun of our new day begun
Let us march on till victory is won.

Stony the road we trod,
Bitter the chastening rod,
Felt in the days when hope unborn had died;
Yet with a steady beat,
Have not our weary feet
Come to the place for which our fathers sighed?
We have come over a way that with tears has been watered,
We have come, treading our path through the blood of the slaughtered,
Out from the gloomy past,
Till now we stand at last
Where the white gleam of our bright star is cast.
God of our weary years,
God of our silent tears,
Thou who has brought us thus far on the way;
Thou who has by Thy might Led us into the light,
Keep us forever in the path, we pray.
Lest our feet stray from the places, our God, where we met Thee,
Lest, our hearts drunk with the wine of the world, we forget Thee;
Shadowed beneath Thy hand,
May we forever stand.
True to our God,
True to our native land.

The Black national anthem is the term coined for the song "Lift Every Voice And Sing." It was written in 1899 by James Weldon Johnson initially as a poem celebrating Abraham Lincoln's birthday and was quickly embraced as a powerful symbol of the mix of struggle and enduring hope for Black people in the U.S.

It has endured as a culturally iconic melody more than a century after it was first performed in 1900, with famous renditions delivered from the likes of Ray Charles and Beyonce.

Below are the lyrics to "Lift Every Voice And Sing," written by James Weldon Johnson:

Bleh

E4EB857F-A3C1-45DF-9D94-DC5D00B1DBD7.gif

After kick-off I think I'll keep score of the number of commercials with negros in them.....And not buy any of their shit. ;)

Belay that, it will be easier to keep track of commercials without negros in them.
Speaking of which… as long as the commercials have to be inundated with non-whites to avoid being canceled as racist, do the interracial families that make up the commercials have to have the white parent stand for one national anthem while the black parent and children have to kneel for that one and stand for the other national anthem?

Bingo!
Not watching it either for that & similar reasons.

Try having a "White/Hispanic/Asian National Anthem" & see the outrage.
Now, it's all "back of the bus" if you ain't black.

Progressivism is actually regression rebranded by Newspeak
It didn't happen. Great National Anthem but no black anthem. Disney, Mars Co., maybe Coca Cola et al getting away from the 'woke' stuff that is so offensive to so many Americans of all races, ethnicity, creeds etc. Maybe the NFL is coming around too.

I don't object to the song. But after so much blood and treasure has been given so that black Americans can just be Americans like everybody else, the idea of an anthem for black people and a separate anthem for everybody else is repulsive to me. Divisive, racist.

How iconic would it be if Kanye came out at halftime, apologized to all those he has offended and then performed Run This Town with Rihanna. I can see Rihanna and Jay-Z making this happen.

On Friday I had to go to the hospital for a 3 D mammogram scan. When you arrive you have to let registration know you arrived then go sit in a waiting room with only 3 seats, all spread apart, until the girl who registers people calls on you.

Matt was with me. The registration girl is this sweet 25 year old at most, with a wholesome earthy beauty.... was the same one we had 3 weeks ago, and Matt...God bless his gift to gab with any stranger, anywhere, at any age, on any topic....we befriended her 3 weeks ago...

So it was all smiles and some joking around while I got registered with health insurance card etc....same address etc...

And we said our goodbyes and she was walking away towards the back of the room to file the paperwork and Matt yells out to her,

Hey! Who are you rooting for in the SUPERBOWL?I
(and I thought, she's a Mainer, New Englander Matt...she isn't gonna care about the chiefs or eagles or even know who was playing....)

And she turned around, with a huge grin at us, and answered: "FOOD" :D

She was rooting for the Food!

She gave us a good loud chuckle!

Well I am watching because Hombre (hubby) wanted company while he watched, Rendition of "Amazing Grace", a great 'National Anthem" by Chris Stapleton, no players kneeling, tears in the eyes of some including black players, and so far no 'black national anthem' Maybe the NFL got the memo that a lot of people of all colors resented a concept of separate national anthems?
/——-/ What —- no Viking American national anthem? My ancestors demand reparations from costal English towns.

Forum List

Back