I might vote for Hillary Clinton now!

Trump reneged, TGG, and that is never going to change.

No, he's supporting the nominee.

Cruz didn't keep his word though.

Cruz was wrong to have signed the stupid pledge. It's just one of those media driven games that they play in the primary part of the dog and pony show. An intelligent person would never agree to such a contract.

That's not Cruz's "word". Did he write the document? Getting pressured to play along is not anyone's WORD. He should have told them to shove their stupid contract up their asses.

On the other hand Trumps treatment of the only true religious man left will turn off any Trump supporters sitting on the fence that do any soul searching.

The pledge was to keep Trump from going third party if he wasn't the nom because he threatened to go 3p if he didn't get his way.

Where is the word matter in there? I know you like to pretend some sort of convoluted reality when you argue.

Here's what you first said:
I don't think his endorsement was very important. In fact, a Cruz endorsement could've been a negative value among independents. But what Cruz did was rile up his base against Trump when he could've just stayed home. He wasn't being a team player; he was being the prick we've said he was all along.

If his endorsement wasn't very important, why did it matter what he said? So he riled up his base that wasn't very important.... what's the big deal? If he's not that important, why spend all this time and energy attacking him and smearing him... AFTER the convention? If his endorsement wasn't that important, why are you signaling that it was so important? Why does it bother you that he didn't endorse Trump?

Yes, he COULD have been the first 2nd place finisher of a primary in modern history to not address the GOP convention... he wasn't. He delivered a speech that supported every agenda item on the platform in no uncertain terms. There was nothing derogatory toward Trump or his agenda in ANY of that speech. He congratulated him on the win and told his supporters to "vote your conscience on who you believe will uphold cherished constitutional principles." How is that negative toward Trump or calling for his supporters to not vote for Trump? Is Trump planning on not upholding our principles? He said this election is about our principles and not any one candidate... so again, is this election about Donald Trump or our principles?

Very important and matter are not synonymous terms.

And stop fucking shifting values. The endorsement is not very important, I said and then you say well if Cruz isn't very important. Well, those are in fact two different place values, frankly.

Yes, a Cruz endorsement wasn't very important for reasons I've explained. That doesn't exclude him from causing chaos and tampering with the process.

Who cares that Cruz was a second place finisher. Do you remember Santorum's 2012 speech? Cos I'll be honest, I don't. Do you remember Romney's 2008 speech? I don't. And calling Cruz second place is a little over stated in the second place. He's the guy who sat on the sidelines and watched the competish eat itself while he remained innocuous. When it came down to three, then and only then did he start to open his fat mouth; and in the end, he got shredded like everyone else who tried to take on the Donald. And he exposed the corruption of him and the GOP in the process. And you know what; he only furthered that by what he did at the convention. But you can't stump The Trump. It's not going down like that. It's not going down like that, bitch.

Fuck you, troll... I am not going to sit here and parse words and semantics with your stupid ass. You want to have your cake and eat it too... you want to throw a little Donald Trump temper tantrum because Cruz didn't support your boy, then pretend his support wasn't important anyway. What a fucking pussy-ass cry baby! Reminds me of somebody's little sister.

Let me tell you how it's going down, bitch... 10 million conservatives will stay at home or vote for someone besides Donald Trump in November and he will lose to the most corrupt and inept politician in history... and I will be here to rub your noses in that every single day for the next 4 years.

It was petulant....again, he should have left it alone...BUT Ted should have endorsed....it was wrong...and it will cost him.

WHY should Ted Cruz have endorsed a man who attacked his family?

You're telling me you could've done that?

Cruz was wrong to have signed the stupid pledge. It's just one of those media driven games that they play in the primary part of the dog and pony show. An intelligent person would never agree to such a contract.

That's not Cruz's "word". Did he write the document? Getting pressured to play along is not anyone's WORD. He should have told them to shove their stupid contract up their asses.

On the other hand Trumps treatment of the only true religious man left will turn off any Trump supporters sitting on the fence that do any soul searching.

Cruz saw it in his interest to play ball. Trump was the leader and gaining momentum fast, and the establishment needed some sort of ploy to make him look not like a team player. I wouldn't be surprised if Cruz and the others had been tipped off that that was coming and had signed off on it. Cos let's be honest, Cruz (and the others) would have no problem supporting any other candidate. Did you see Scott Walker having a never Trump cry when he dropped out of the race? I think he was happy with the pledge idea until it blew up in his face.

I don't think religious people are lemmings like the media likes to portray. Frankly, many evangelicals see Cruz as a wolf in sheep's clothing. Christ himself warned against such people. Yes, there's gonna be a faction that don't come around to Trump; but that doesn't mean that Trump was wrong to not treat Cruz with kid gloves. Trump isn't gaining traction by being soft in the second place. People want him to smash people like Lyin' Ted and leave crybabies like Boss in the wake.

Last edited:
If they had denied Cruz, there would have been an even bigger split in the party. They did the best thing they could do, let him have his say and move on.

According Cruz, he could not support a man that mocked his wife's looks and linked his father to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. I think he has a point here. There are some blows that just too low, even for Trump.

I think IF they had let him have his say and moved on, things would be dramatically different. Instead, they let him have his say... then turned into rabid little bulldogs and wanted to re-live the primaries. The Trump supporters just couldn't help themselves... they HAD to go on the attack and smear Ted Cruz some more... now it's going to cost them big time.

I personally think his supporters (not Trump) has alienated about 30% of the GOP vote and they somehow believe they've "unified the party" by their actions.
Today, Trump jumped entirely off message to attack Cruz. It makes no sense. Trump simply can't control his temperature and can't resist the temptation of payback. This characteristic will either cost him the election or will do the country irreparable harm if he is elected. This is an indulgence a president can't afford.

It smacks of a little petulant temper tantrum to me. He wanted Ted Cruz to endorse him and Cruz didn't... so now, he feels the need to go out and attack Cruz some more while claiming it doesn't matter, he doesn't need his endorsement or support.

Well, why the hell did you have him speak at your fucking convention, Donald?

It was petulant....again, he should have left it alone...BUT Ted should have endorsed....it was wrong...and it will cost him.

Not in Texas it won't.

WHY should Ted Cruz have endorsed a man who attacked his family?

You're telling me you could've done that?

Yeah, and Dr Carson said it best....he was asked about what Trump said to him. Carson said if it was about me, I would have a hard time backing Trump, but it's not about me, it's about the future of the country.
People say shit all the time....Campaigns have been rough for 200 years...this isn't even close to the roughest.

If they had denied Cruz, there would have been an even bigger split in the party. They did the best thing they could do, let him have his say and move on.

According Cruz, he could not support a man that mocked his wife's looks and linked his father to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. I think he has a point here. There are some blows that just too low, even for Trump.

I think IF they had let him have his say and moved on, things would be dramatically different. Instead, they let him have his say... then turned into rabid little bulldogs and wanted to re-live the primaries. The Trump supporters just couldn't help themselves... they HAD to go on the attack and smear Ted Cruz some more... now it's going to cost them big time.

I personally think his supporters (not Trump) has alienated about 30% of the GOP vote and they somehow believe they've "unified the party" by their actions.
Today, Trump jumped entirely off message to attack Cruz. It makes no sense. Trump simply can't control his temperature and can't resist the temptation of payback. This characteristic will either cost him the election or will do the country irreparable harm if he is elected. This is an indulgence a president can't afford.

It smacks of a little petulant temper tantrum to me. He wanted Ted Cruz to endorse him and Cruz didn't... so now, he feels the need to go out and attack Cruz some more while claiming it doesn't matter, he doesn't need his endorsement or support.

Imagine Trump as president, launching tweet attacks on politicians, the media, and foreign heads of state that disrespect him. The president represents the nation, our values, and each of us. He does not represent himself. Donald Trump simply does not have the temperament nor the desire to serve the people. He has served himself for 70 years and that's not going to change.

To Donald Trump, the presidency is a jewel in the crown, not an opportunity to serve the people.

Last edited:
Sorry dude, you will never be a strong conservative in my eyes again. You whine like a little girl because people in politics were mean to your canidate. I think you like the idea of calling yourself a conservative, but right now, I have never seen someone act more like a whinny liberal bitch than you. Truly sad. Your credibility factor as a conservative voice is done. Go ahead and vote your feelings, and let your previous rational brain die.

Oh, my feelings are SO hurt that I am not a conservative in your eyes anymore, ever again! Boo-fucking-hoo!

Where is the word matter in there? I know you like to pretend some sort of convoluted reality when you argue.

I don't think his endorsement was very important. In fact, a Cruz endorsement could've been a negative value among independents. But what Cruz did was rile up his base against Trump when he could've just stayed home. He wasn't being a team player; he was being the prick we've said he was all along.

If his endorsement wasn't very important, why did it matter what he said? So he riled up his base that wasn't very important.... what's the big deal? If he's not that important, why spend all this time and energy attacking him and smearing him... AFTER the convention? If his endorsement wasn't that important, why are you signaling that it was so important? Why does it bother you that he didn't endorse Trump?

Yes, he COULD have been the first 2nd place finisher of a primary in modern history to not address the GOP convention... he wasn't. He delivered a speech that supported every agenda item on the platform in no uncertain terms. There was nothing derogatory toward Trump or his agenda in ANY of that speech. He congratulated him on the win and told his supporters to "vote your conscience on who you believe will uphold cherished constitutional principles." How is that negative toward Trump or calling for his supporters to not vote for Trump? Is Trump planning on not upholding our principles? He said this election is about our principles and not any one candidate... so again, is this election about Donald Trump or our principles?

And stop fucking shifting values. The endorsement is not very important, I said and then you say well if Cruz isn't very important. Well, those are in fact two different place values, frankly.

Yes, a Cruz endorsement wasn't very important for reasons I've explained. That doesn't exclude him from causing chaos and tampering with the process.

Who cares that Cruz was a second place finisher. Do you remember Santorum's 2012 speech? Cos I'll be honest, I don't. Do you remember Romney's 2008 speech? I don't. And calling Cruz second place is a little over stated in the second place. He's the guy who sat on the sidelines and watched the competish eat itself while he remained innocuous. When it came down to three, then and only then did he start to open his fat mouth; and in the end, he got shredded like everyone else who tried to take on the Donald. And he exposed the corruption of him and the GOP in the process. And you know what; he only furthered that by what he did at the convention. But you can't stump The Trump. It's not going down like that. It's not going down like that, bitch.

Fuck you, troll... I am not going to sit here and parse words and semantics with your stupid ass. You want to have your cake and eat it too... you want to throw a little Donald Trump temper tantrum because Cruz didn't support your boy, then pretend his support wasn't important anyway. What a fucking pussy-ass cry baby! Reminds me of somebody's little sister.

Let me tell you how it's going down, bitch... 10 million conservatives will stay at home or vote for someone besides Donald Trump in November and he will lose to the most corrupt and inept politician in history... and I will be here to rub your noses in that every single day for the next 4 years.

Fuck you, troll. Stop trying to shift values. It's not parsing words. If you can't accurately present what I say in premises of your argument, that's on you. That's not mere semantics. And I frankly saw you doing this sh** months ago when Cruz was in the running, and I called you out on it, then. I have no tolerance for that. If you have to continuously misrepresent what people say in the course of arguments, then you're fucking dirt.

Let me tell you, you're not a fucking conservative. No fucking self respecting conservative starts a thread saying that he might vote for HIllary. She's big govt. / global order as they come. You're a POS troll and have been from the outset. You're just mad cos I'm crushing your piddly angle, which is total bull shit. You probably just wanted Cruz in the first place cos Hillary is who've you wanted all along. You knew that adulterous dough boy presented no challenge. So, GFY, you phony fucking scum. Yea, we'll take the conservative Cruz supporters (the real ones of which you never truly were).

So evidently liars who signed agreements and pledges mean nothing to you.

I think trashing a man's father and grandfather "trumps" your silly contract. Some words cannot be taken back. Oh that's right... Trump never apologized for those outrageous accusations.

Not only that but Trump himself backed out of the pledge back in March! So he is trying to hold Cruz to a pledge that he said himself he wouldn't honor. And his little fan boys cheer!
He did not try to hold Cruz to a pledge. Cruz just kept on acting like a creep and it showed so people booed him but that was your initial bitch now wasn't it.

What? Trump has been whining about Cruz for two days, whining about not getting endorsed, whining that he wouldn't accept Cruz's endorsement, whining about the pledge that TRUMP HIMSELF RENEGED ON IN MARCH. He's a fucking crybaby when he doesn't get his way... just like obama. You're aware that Trump set up the whole booing thing, right? He knew that Cruz wasn't going to endorse him, invited him to speak, knew what Cruz's speech said ... and then set it up so Cruz got booed off the stage. Trump is a schoolyard bully, classless asshole. And. You. Cheer.

I actually thought it was a good move on Trump's part as Cruz showed what a fake he is in the whole affair just like he did when he lied on national tv early on. Maybe Cruz will grow up to learn when you try to preach as a politician in a self appointed and self-righteousness venue if you have a national platform and you turn around and start lying in an to attempt to gain political favor you will be caught in it and lose. It may have paid well for him for awhile but that will not last either.

Like I told 'Boss' as he was telling me so crudely what he thought. You can vote however you like and I will do the same.

Are you even reading what you're writing? You're fine that Trump lied about Cruz then turn around and bitch about Cruz and say "... and start lying in an attempt to gain political favor". WHAT? So it's ok for Trump to lie because "he's your guy" but Cruz is 'self appointed and self righteous' because he lied? wtf?

You Trumpanzees are nuts. Seriously. If obama or clinton were doing/saying half of what Trump was you'd be going bonkers ripping them to shreds. But Trump puts an "R" next to his name and suddenly ... lying, bullying, whining are all wonderful traits?

smh

Cruz saw it in his interest to play ball. Trump was the leader and gaining momentum fast, and the establishment needed some sort of ploy to make him look like a team player. I wouldn't be surprised if he and the others had been tipped off that that was coming and had signed off on it. Cos let's be honest, Cruz (and the others) would have no problem supporting any other candidate. Did you see Scott Walker having a never Trump cry when he dropped out of the race? I think he was happy with the pledge idea until it blew up in his face.

I don't think religious people are lemmings like the media likes to portray. Frankly, many evangelicals see Cruz as a wolf in sheep's clothing. Christ himself warned against such people. Yes, there's gonna be a faction that don't come around to Trump; but that doesn't mean that Trump was wrong to not treat Cruz with kid gloves. Trump isn't gaining traction by being soft in the second place. People want him to smash people like Lyin' Ted and leave crybabies like Boss in the wake.

In retrospect I think it would have been smarter to let Trump go off the rails and start a third party or attempt to. If THAT happened Berny would have probably done the same thing. THEN maybe we could have had a meaningful 4 way election. Both Trump and Sanders had the funding to mount third party runs. That could have made this election very interesting.

Trump doesn't like being told "no". He's name called and lashed out at people continually but when the same is done to him? He cries like a girl. He is very much like obama with his petulant, whiny, narcissistic traits. Thin skinned people are like that.

I think trashing a man's father and grandfather "trumps" your silly contract. Some words cannot be taken back. Oh that's right... Trump never apologized for those outrageous accusations.

Not only that but Trump himself backed out of the pledge back in March! So he is trying to hold Cruz to a pledge that he said himself he wouldn't honor. And his little fan boys cheer!
He did not try to hold Cruz to a pledge. Cruz just kept on acting like a creep and it showed so people booed him but that was your initial bitch now wasn't it.

What? Trump has been whining about Cruz for two days, whining about not getting endorsed, whining that he wouldn't accept Cruz's endorsement, whining about the pledge that TRUMP HIMSELF RENEGED ON IN MARCH. He's a fucking crybaby when he doesn't get his way... just like obama. You're aware that Trump set up the whole booing thing, right? He knew that Cruz wasn't going to endorse him, invited him to speak, knew what Cruz's speech said ... and then set it up so Cruz got booed off the stage. Trump is a schoolyard bully, classless asshole. And. You. Cheer.

I actually thought it was a good move on Trump's part as Cruz showed what a fake he is in the whole affair just like he did when he lied on national tv early on. Maybe Cruz will grow up to learn when you try to preach as a politician in a self appointed and self-righteousness venue if you have a national platform and you turn around and start lying in an to attempt to gain political favor you will be caught in it and lose. It may have paid well for him for awhile but that will not last either.

Like I told 'Boss' as he was telling me so crudely what he thought. You can vote however you like and I will do the same.

Are you even reading what you're writing? You're fine that Trump lied about Cruz then turn around and bitch about Cruz and say "... and start lying in an attempt to gain political favor". WHAT? So it's ok for Trump to lie because "he's your guy" but Cruz is 'self appointed and self righteous' because he lied? wtf?

You Trumpanzees are nuts. Seriously. If obama or clinton were doing/saying half of what Trump was you'd be going bonkers ripping them to shreds. But Trump puts an "R" next to his name and suddenly ... lying, bullying, whining are all wonderful traits?

smh

Build a wall / Cut out the phony trade deals / Lower taxes / The system is corrupt: Doesn't sound like he should have a D next to his name to me.

Trump has came out strong in ways that Republicans have yearned for since the days of Reagan. And unions are even supporing him. Like Reagan, he's gaining many blue dog Democrats. And what has Trump said that you think is so damn egregious?

Fuck you, troll. Stop trying to shift values. It's not parsing words. If you can't accurately present what I say in premises of your argument, that's on you. That's not mere semantics. And I frankly saw you doing this sh** months ago when Cruz was in the running, and I called you out on it, then. I have no tolerance for that. If you have to continuously misrepresent what people say in the course of arguments, then you're fucking dirt.

Let me tell you, you're not a fucking conservative. No fucking self respecting conservative starts a thread saying that he might vote for HIllary. She's big govt. / global order as they come. You're a POS troll and have been from the outset. You're just mad cos I'm crushing your piddly angle, which is total bull shit. You probably just wanted Cruz in the first place cos Hillary is who've you wanted all along. You knew that adulterous dough boy presented no challenge. So, GFY, you phony fucking scum. Yea, we'll take the conservative Cruz supporters (the real ones of which you never truly were).

:lol: You are so far off base. Seriously, take a pill.

All I can say is that other world leaders must be laughing their asses off watching these cry babies go at it.

smh
Cruz is the one claiming preacher status not Trump. I did not see where Trump lied about Cruz but I am sure those who are wanting to keep that shit alive will keep on bitching. Like I said VOTE for who you want.

In retrospect I think it would have been smarter to let Trump go off the rails and start a third party or attempt to. If THAT happened Berny would have probably done the same thing. THEN maybe we could have had a meaningful 4 way election. Both Trump and Sanders had the funding to mount third party runs. That could have made this election very interesting.

I think I had foresaw that remote possibility. I just never figured it would happen. It's too easy for one of them to be "talked out of it."

Yeah, and Dr Carson said it best....he was asked about what Trump said to him. Carson said if it was about me, I would have a hard time backing Trump, but it's not about me, it's about the future of the country.
People say shit all the time....Campaigns have been rough for 200 years...this isn't even close to the roughest.

And I posted the text of Cruz's speech yesterday, you can go read it online if you need to... not a damn word in it was negative toward Trump or his agenda. It was all completely supportive of the platform and party and an appeal for unity within the party. The only thing that wasn't in the speech was the words "I endorse Donald Trump!"

Trump knew that he wasn't going to endorse him... even though he LIED and claimed he didn't know what Cruz was going to say... he had a copy of the speech. He set the whole thing up and primed the narrative around Cruz endorsing him... Reagan didn't endorse Ford in 1976... Lots of times, there is not an endorsement of the candidate by the 2nd place guy. Bush only endorsed Reagan after he was ensured the VP spot.

And we keep being told the endorsement doesn't matter... but for some reason, it's this big important thing that Cruz should've done. Let me clue you in to how this would have gone down if Cruz HAD endorsed Trump... the next day, all the talking heads would be saying how Cruz was obviously trying to suck up and save face. That's how an endorsement would have come across! We'd be hearing all this blowback from the media... How could Cruz have been sincere after all that was said about his family? Must be that he was trying to save his career out of desperation!

No... Cruz did exactly what he should've done. He backed the platform, made a case for why we should be voting on principles and not personalities, eviscerated Hillary and the Democrats, and didn't take any cheap shots whatsoever at Trump. But the Trumpbots are all butthurt because this "unimportant" endorsement didn't happen!

All I can say is that other world leaders must be laughing their asses off watching these cry babies go at it.

This sentiment is expressed every cycle. I don't think most countries are any better than us. Britain and Canada, maybe. But they're not without their squabbles. Ask Toro if Canada is better.

Forum List

Back