🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I miss flip phones.

Doesn't a smart flip phone defeat the point of having a flip phone?
Nope. But it does show what the limitations of a tiny screen are.
if all you want is a phone the screen is useless,,

thats why I have one,,
GPS

It's a must.

I looked at one a couple months ago but it was just a folding glass phone
I like the maps, but the GPS makes people dumb,, I had a guy that came to my house 3 times and he still asks for the address to put in his GPS

I have a rand mcnally map book in my glove box, in the event I get lost.

What network does it run on?
verizon,,

Why Old Phones Don’t Work on Modern Cellular Networks

Modern Networks Don’t Support Old Standards

For example, as of early 2021 in the U.S., the big carriers all support 5G, 4G, and (for now) 3G. They no longer support 2G or 1G.

Verizon said that it would shut down its 3G network at the end of 2020, but in early 2021, the company reportedly set a new target of 2023.

thats why I have one,,
GPS

It's a must.

I like the maps, but the GPS makes people dumb,, I had a guy that came to my house 3 times and he still asks for the address to put in his GPS

I have a rand mcnally map book in my glove box, in the event I get lost.
You clearly don't travel near daily as I do.
Our metro and surrounding area probably covers about 10k sq miles. Not fucking with an antiquated map every other day.

thats why I have one,,
GPS

It's a must.

My work encompasses the entire metro and all cities surrounding it up to an hour away. GPS is a must and I'm not paying for one of the in car services when I can get it free on my phone.
I've been driving around this city for 35 yrs looking for work and other things and never really needed it, more so if I had a map,, and once I found one of the crazy streets in johnson country I never had a problem again,,

when you use a GPS once you always have to use it,,

What network does it run on?
verizon,,

Why Old Phones Don’t Work on Modern Cellular Networks

Modern Networks Don’t Support Old Standards

For example, as of early 2021 in the U.S., the big carriers all support 5G, 4G, and (for now) 3G. They no longer support 2G or 1G.

Verizon said that it would shut down its 3G network at the end of 2020, but in early 2021, the company reportedly set a new target of 2023.
when was I talking about old phones?? I was talking about a flip phone with a small screen,,

thats why I have one,,
GPS

It's a must.

My work encompasses the entire metro and all cities surrounding it up to an hour away. GPS is a must and I'm not paying for one of the in car services when I can get it free on my phone.
I've been driving around this city for 35 yrs looking for work and other things and never really needed it, more so if I had a map,, and once I found one of the crazy streets in johnson country I never had a problem again,,

And?

thats why I have one,,
GPS

It's a must.

And?
as long as it stays working you shpuldnt have a problem depending on it,,

I remember the days of old ass customers trying to give me directions to their house. Fuck that shit. Modern GPS is a godsend.
Most people today don't even know the names of the streets 3 blocks away from where they live let alone where all the road closures and detours (of which there are dozens everyday) are.

thats why I have one,,
GPS

It's a must.

And?
Are you done being an elitist douchebag?

Jesus H Christ

Look mom! I'm a man, I can navigate in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic using a map from 1942! Please give me a cookie now bitch

when was I talking about old phones?? I was talking about a flip phone with a small screen,,

Let me replay

thats why I have one,,
If all you want is a phone, you won't find one.
The networks that "dumb" phones ran on, no longer exist.
thats funny,, I have one sitting next to me right now,,,

thats why I have one,,
GPS

It's a must.

And?
Are you done being an elitist douchebag?

Jesus H Christ
how does that make me an elitist douchebag??

I just gave my opinion based on what I've seen,,,

Let me replay

thats why I have one,,
maybe next time you will stick to the context of my comment instead of running off at the mouth,,

Most people today don't even know the names of the streets 3 blocks away from where they live let alone where all the road closures and detours (of which there are dozens everyday) are.
The classic example if people telling you to turn left at the intersection where farmer Browns barn used to be.

I recently got an updated Consumer Cellular flip phone, which I just use to make phone calls. I pay about $17 a month for 250 minutes. I also have a landline inside my house, which is only good for local calls. My one disappointment is that the flip phones keep getting bigger and heavier.

While I am in good health, I try to keep the phone with me at all times so I can use it to call 911 in the case of "I"ve fallen and I can't get up." I'm 71.

Follow the post. You said you had a dumb phone.

7 best dumb phones for 2020
Best dumb phone: Nokia 800 Tough.
Best flip phone: Nokia 2720.
Best budget flip phone: Alcatel 3025X.
Best budget dumb phone: Alcatel 2038.
Best dumb phone for older people: Doro 7010.
Best dumb phone for calls and texts: Doro 708X.

Look mom! I'm a man, I can navigate in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic using a map from 1942! Please give me a cookie now bitch
1942??

I just look at the map before I leave and go from there,,
Dude I get up to a half dozen calls a day. I often make 2 to 4 stops a day. I ain't got time for that shit. People call, I tell them to text me an address. I click on it and boom, directions right in front of me. No need to pull over. No need for directions.
Don't understand why you are needlessly arguing this point

Follow the post. You said you had a dumb phone.

7 best dumb phones for 2020
Best dumb phone: Nokia 800 Tough.
Best flip phone: Nokia 2720.
Best budget flip phone: Alcatel 3025X.
Best budget dumb phone: Alcatel 2038.
Best dumb phone for older people: Doro 7010.
Best dumb phone for calls and texts: Doro 708X.
youre the one that used "dumb" phones not me,, I just said if all you want is a phone the screen size doesnt matter,,

Forum List

Back