I need an answer to this question..

And Lord knows who actually examined Podesta's phone. Or the disposition of the evidence therein. What is WRONG with these people who are claiming to make conclusions without ever visiting the scene of the crimes?

Instead, the FBI outsourced the computer forensics analysis to IT security company CrowdStrike which first pointed the finger at Moscow in May.

“CrowdStrike is pretty good. There’s no reason to believe that anything that they have concluded is not accurate,” one intelligence official told BuzzFeed, insisting that the company was “confident” Russia was behind the hacks.

“Beginning at the time the intrusion was discovered by the DNC, the DNC cooperated fully with the FBI and its investigation, providing access to all of the information uncovered by CrowdStrike — without any limits,” Walker added.

‘What is going on?’ Trump wonders why FBI never requested access to the DNC’s ‘hacked servers’

There is a lot in the report we are not privy to.

FBI/Intelligence outsources a lot because, quite frankly, private companies have far better and more up to date tools and technology. All federal agencies do now. Not sure why it should suddenly be an issue. Didn't Crowdstrike also work with the Sony servers when they got hacked by NK? Why didn't anyone demand more evidence? Why didn't anyone question why the FBI didn't examine Sony directly?

Because Politics and Russia is much bigger?? :dunno:

Well...same thing when China hacked us, and we responded...China is....pretty big ;)

True. Wasn't there actual proof though? I know there was where my husband works. (yes they were hacked by China)

I think it was the same degree and type of proof we have on Russia - and, like Russia, that was not the only attempt by China but one among many other priors.

Did the "proof" come from ANYWHERE other than CrowdStrike? Which ONES of these quoted 17 Intel agencies ever laid hands and eyes on the compromised systems? Need an answer... That's the whole purpose of the thread.

In other words - you want the TOP SECRET methods and sources made public? Hilarious!

Those agencies apparently never laid hands or eyes on the evidence. Was never MADE Top Secret. But it SHOULD have been.. Civilians NEVER should have been allowed to paw over that system before the Fed Agencies secured the scene of the crime.

Funny. You mean like Republican FBI Director Comey who tried to help Trump win? Many civilian companies have Top Secret clearances.

Nobody DECLARED this incident be taken in as a "National Security" issue did they? CrowdStrike info might have been made "proprietary" to the DNC, but there no SENSIBLE demand to subpoena and secure the evidence was there?

Whole admin was snoozing on this one.. Apparently...

Well, they obviously should have hired you to oversee the entire investigation and analysis.

I'm not one looking stupid if Congress wasted a whole public inquiry into the matter and NEVER ASKED the obvious questions. Like where did Podesta's phone GO after he realized it had been hacked and did ANY of the Counter Hacking agencies even get a CHANCE to look at it.

Or why wasn't DNC server inspected and copied IMMEDIATELY after determining there had been a breach. And the information SEALED under the highest National security classifications.

Instead, we are willing to taunt Russia to the brink of war for stuff that didn't even raise an alarm bell with the ENTIRE US Intel crowd and Cyber Security groups at the time they were discovered.. They were APPARENTLY -- not activated in any way. And the Agencies let the DNC sandbag them on securing the evidence.
Yet, Trump wants an investigation of how NBC found out!!

We've had years of congressional investigation over stuff that had NO impact anywhere CLOSE to a foreign entity attacking our democracy.

Why isn't congress opening investigations into this AT ONCE??

Sounds to me like the DNC didn't WANT Intel agencies pawing over their compromised servers. Needed a "friendly" investigator to spin a yarn... Someone ring up Clapper.. Ask him how long they EXAMINED the primary evidence.

Instead, the FBI outsourced the computer forensics analysis to IT security company CrowdStrike which first pointed the finger at Moscow in May.

“CrowdStrike is pretty good. There’s no reason to believe that anything that they have concluded is not accurate,” one intelligence official told BuzzFeed, insisting that the company was “confident” Russia was behind the hacks.

“Beginning at the time the intrusion was discovered by the DNC, the DNC cooperated fully with the FBI and its investigation, providing access to all of the information uncovered by CrowdStrike — without any limits,” Walker added.

‘What is going on?’ Trump wonders why FBI never requested access to the DNC’s ‘hacked servers’

FBI/Intelligence outsources a lot because, quite frankly, private companies have far better and more up to date tools and technology. All federal agencies do now. Not sure why it should suddenly be an issue. Didn't Crowdstrike also work with the Sony servers when they got hacked by NK? Why didn't anyone demand more evidence? Why didn't anyone question why the FBI didn't examine Sony directly?

ANYTIME the source is suspected to be foreign intelligence services, it should be handled by the MASSIVE, and EXISTING dozen agencies for Counter Cyber. We're adding NEW groups every year. More and more people and labs and capabilities. And PRIVATE contractors should ONLY be used if they have the clearances and access to handle espionage level intrusions. Sorry Sony -- but we need access to your server. We'll send you a cleaned copy. You have no choice. It's now a matter of National Security.

I'm fuming because I've waiting to see what the government reaction was to all these clues that were known PUBLICLY for months, maybe a year. And NO ONE can tell how all these multi-$BILL agencies were mobilized and USED to obtain and REAL evidence. It appears that everything known about the DNC hack came from a Google funded group. So FIRE all these resources you think are totally inferior and unable and unaware.

You know one reason the FBI might have gone with Crowdstrike is to negate any claims of political motivations from either side. And Crowdstrike is very good at what it does.

The Mod is the OP.

I think you mean 'the OP is a mod' don't you?

Pay attention.

can you show me what exactly it is I should have been paying attention to?

Really wish you y'all could get passed that. I hereby delegate all mod responsibilities in this thread to Coyote. Who doesn't believe a word I say anyways !!! :eusa_dance:

So shoot. Just ole harmless FlaCalTenn in this thread now. !!!

The Mod is the OP.

Pay attention.

Really wish you y'all could get passed that. I hereby delegate all mod responsibilities in this thread to Coyote. Who doesn't believe a word I say anyways !!! :eusa_dance:

As long as we can avoid side convos about fellatio (all deleted) I think this thread will be just fine...

We mods post as members - you can flame us, just please include some topical content to keep the post legit ;)

Sounds to me like the DNC didn't WANT Intel agencies pawing over their compromised servers. Needed a "friendly" investigator to spin a yarn... Someone ring up Clapper.. Ask him how long they EXAMINED the primary evidence.

ANYTIME the source is suspected to be foreign intelligence services, it should be handled by the MASSIVE, and EXISTING dozen agencies for Counter Cyber. We're adding NEW groups every year. More and more people and labs and capabilities. And PRIVATE contractors should ONLY be used if they have the clearances and access to handle espionage level intrusions. Sorry Sony -- but we need access to your server. We'll send you a cleaned copy. You have no choice. It's now a matter of National Security.

I'm fuming because I've waiting to see what the government reaction was to all these clues that were known PUBLICLY for months, maybe a year. And NO ONE can tell how all these multi-$BILL agencies were mobilized and USED to obtain and REAL evidence. It appears that everything known about the DNC hack came from a Google funded group. So FIRE all these resources you think are totally inferior and unable and unaware.

You know one reason the FBI might have gone with Crowdstrike is to negate any claims of political motivations from either side. And Crowdstrike is very good at what it does.

CrowdStrike doesn't spend $4Bill or $8Bill a year specifically looking at the tools and methods used by the PROS at the state intelligence agencies. They could have easily missed methods that are classified and known only to our Intel people. And FancyBear and CozyBear fingerprints are all over the world now as THEIR techniques have been copied and stolen by every wanna bee hacker on the planet. Just a convenient excuse NOT to allow our Intel people to fully examine the DNC server and Podesta's phone.

Not sure they are a big Google guys... They worked together at McAfee, then Kurtz started another company before him and the Russian guy created CrowdStrike.

Last edited:

CrowdStrike doesn't spend $4Bill or $8Bill a year specifically looking at the tools and methods used by the PROS at the state intelligence agencies. They could have easily missed methods that are classified and known only to our Intel people. And FancyBear and CozyBear fingerprints are all over the world now as THEIR techniques have been copied and stolen by every wanna bee hacker on the planet. Just a convenient excuse NOT to allow our Intel people to fully examine the DNC server and Podesta's phone.

You know that's a poor argument. Knowledge is priceless, and these guys have a wealth of knowledge from working at other places and as part of the worldwide group that was created.

I disagree with that analysis. It doesn't have to spend that much money, because frankly, in many tech ways the private sector is better equipt than the federal sector in terms of technology and resources and expertise. They pay better and attract high caliber people then the feds. It's not unusual to outsource these things.

Ah, don't go there bro...It's all part of the same left wing propaganda...accuse those who have built something in/of America of something disparaging in order to claim possession of that achievement without having to build it themselves...typical Soviet tactic...you notice coyote accused me of "not paying attention" without providing the actual thing it was that I was not paying attention to...so I put her/him on notice by asking what it was....we will either get no explanation or a pretzel explanation of the truth.

Not sure they are a big Google guys... They worked together at McAfee, then Kurtz started another company before him and the Russian guy created CrowdStrike.

Really? A full 2/3 of their funding come from the Googlers with over 100 visits to the WHouse most every year.

And their "expertise" is almost exclusively corporate clients.

Google Leads $100 Million Investment in Cybersecurity Firm CrowdStrike

Google Capital, the two-year-old growth equity arm of search giant Google (GOOG, +1.53%), announced its first security investment on Monday morning.
The fund has pumped $100 million into cybersecurity firm CrowdStrike. It was joined by cloud computing company Rackspace (RAX), which is a customer, and the firm's existing investors Accel and Warburg Pincus. The new infusion represents a Series C round for the Irvine, Calif.-based company, bringing its total funding raised to date to $156 million.
"Security is of foremost interest to Google," said Google Capital partner Gene Frantz, mentioning Google's expertise in protecting IT assets. "We identified what we think will be a very large and very important security company in the world."
There were three big factors that played into the fund's decision to invest. First, Frantz said he believes CrowdStrike's potentially addressable market is huge. Second, the company's cloud architecture gives it an advantage when it comes to scaling and deploying its flagship product, CrowdStrike Falcon, a next generation end-point sensor, to organizations across the globe. And third, the firm is led by a "best-in-class" management team, Frantz said.
CrowdStrike CEO George Kurtz, former chief technology officer at McAfee (now known as Intel (INTC, +0.36%) Security), joined up with his co-founder and chief tech officer Dmitri Alperovitch, the former head of threat research at McAfee, to found the company in 2011. Over the past three years, CrowdStrike's year-over-year revenue growth has surged 550%, and it has reportedly landed big, albeit unnamed, Fortune 500 customers across many industries.

Really? A full 2/3 of their funding come from the Googlers with over 100 visits to the WHouse most every year.

And their "expertise" is almost exclusively corporate clients.

Google Leads $100 Million Investment in Cybersecurity Firm CrowdStrike

Google Capital, the two-year-old growth equity arm of search giant Google (GOOG, +1.53%), announced its first security investment on Monday morning.
The fund has pumped $100 million into cybersecurity firm CrowdStrike. It was joined by cloud computing company Rackspace (RAX), which is a customer, and the firm's existing investors Accel and Warburg Pincus. The new infusion represents a Series C round for the Irvine, Calif.-based company, bringing its total funding raised to date to $156 million.
"Security is of foremost interest to Google," said Google Capital partner Gene Frantz, mentioning Google's expertise in protecting IT assets. "We identified what we think will be a very large and very important security company in the world."
There were three big factors that played into the fund's decision to invest. First, Frantz said he believes CrowdStrike's potentially addressable market is huge. Second, the company's cloud architecture gives it an advantage when it comes to scaling and deploying its flagship product, CrowdStrike Falcon, a next generation end-point sensor, to organizations across the globe. And third, the firm is led by a "best-in-class" management team, Frantz said.
CrowdStrike CEO George Kurtz, former chief technology officer at McAfee (now known as Intel (INTC, +0.36%) Security), joined up with his co-founder and chief tech officer Dmitri Alperovitch, the former head of threat research at McAfee, to found the company in 2011. Over the past three years, CrowdStrike's year-over-year revenue growth has surged 550%, and it has reportedly landed big, albeit unnamed, Fortune 500 customers across many industries.

They've done work for the Federal government before... and they are known as one of the top cybersecurity firms in the country. I'm not real sure why you have a problem with government contractors now. They get used in a wide variety of ways in the government every single day. Why not use some of the top guys in the field if you can, instead of just settling for the guys that you could hire to work for the government?

As Coyote already said... the government can't always recruit the best and the brightest.... so why is it a bad thing to use the best and the brightest if they work for a private firm?

I disagree with that analysis. It doesn't have to spend that much money, because frankly, in many tech ways the private sector is better equipt than the federal sector in terms of technology and resources and expertise. They pay better and attract high caliber people then the feds. It's not unusual to outsource these things.

That is all generally true OUTSIDE of the Intel Agencies. Having seen some of that, they are the SOLE bastion of technical competence in the US Govt. The ones I worked for are INCREDIBLY good. As opposed to my stint with NASA which was sorely disappointing in terms of actual science and engineering and technology being performed by Govt employees.

So you're thinking we don't NEED to spend $4Bill or $8Bill on counter cyber espionage. That's a rare admission from a lefty.. :tongue: Go back and read the link to the White House announcement of a brand new Super agency for Counter Cyber. Don't think the Obama Admin agrees with you...

The Mod is the OP.

Pay attention.

As long as we can avoid side convos about fellatio (all deleted) I think this thread will be just fine...

OOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Have to vehemently disagree...discuss!

We mods post as members - you can flame us, just please include some topical content to keep the post legit ;)

Have zero interest in flaming, just want to post the truth in such a way that it is as devastating as a hot flame

As Coyote already said... the government can't always recruit the best and the brightest.... so why is it a bad thing to use the best and the brightest if they work for a private firm?

Because there is a thin line between normal espionage and spying and cyber espionage and spying. And people without clearances and DEDICATED to looking at methods from Nation adversaries are REQUIRED to recognize these and develop countermeasures. Commercial firms have no interest in "keeping tabs" on other nation's Intel groups. And shouldn't be hired when it's highly suspected the crime is a state actor.

Because there is a thin line between normal espionage and spying and cyber espionage and spying. And people without clearances and DEDICATED to looking at methods from Nation adversaries are REQUIRED to recognize these and develop countermeasures. Commercial firms have no interest in "keeping tabs" on other nation's Intel groups. And shouldn't be hired when it's highly suspected the crime is a state actor.

These guys I'm sure had to get security clearances... It's not different than contractors who are working for the government in war zones like Afghanistan training soldiers there. This just cyber warfare instead... You're overreacting about that. These guys knew what they were doing g and that's the most important part.

Forum List

Back