🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I Need Permission?

I'm granted a national right at birth and I need permission? If its a national right I don't need a damn thing. And they want you to register and pay for that national right. Nothing in that right says I have to register and there is nothing that says government can extort money to "allow" a right.

That argument came to the forefront the other day when one of this sites liberals INSISTED that states have the right to REMOVE national rights. How truly stupid can one get? As a state, any state joins the United States that state AGREES to ANY and ALL national rights. There is no question and there is no exception.

That is what prevents state leaders from becoming dictators. Now in most liberals cities you can't get one. So they are in fact trying to DENY your right. Yet in other liberal cities you can get one but it costs you money. So in fact your national right is being extorted for money. We don't have those issues here in Arizona. You DON'T beg for a right or buy it, it's yours.

If we were to look at the subject in total truth then Baltimore/Detroit and St. Louis ARE violating Federal LAW JUST as much if not more then Sanctuary Cities. Why are we fighting a modern day "civilized" government for a national right? Seems to me we would be throwing those traitors out of office as fast as we could find them.

Governments JOB is to protect our rights and our Sovereignty. Seems to me they are taking one illegally and NOT doing the other! Who is this government working for? It sure as hell does not seem like me. Lets see, you take guns and the rule of law out and put criminals in and you expect me to build and prosper?

What the hell am I building and what's it worth? Show me where the safety and Sovereignty is in that. The two base things ANY nation needs to survive and to grow. And you want me to build without either?

You folks better keep your guns because the ones WITH guns will be the SAME folks running the country.

Fury
You also have the national right to own and operate a business but you still need permission for that. You have the right to marriage...but I'm also sure you need to register for that as well. Hey, wait...how about the right to vote...oh wait...you also need to register for that as well.

Keep trying.

Just as an aside, I'm actually for gun rights (within reason). I've been to countries where it is mandatory to own a form of protection (AK being probably the most common) or you will lose your life and property to your opportunistic neighbor. While I don't think that civilized nations (like Japan) really need to allow their citizen base gun rights, I'd consider most Americans, OP included, as being far from civilized. Gun rights are needed for house owners to protect themselves from their neighbors...I mean if you look at almost every major city (Chicago is currently getting the highlight) crime rates are through the roof. With that said, me, as a law abiding citizen, has no issue with having to register for my firearm or having to be approved. Why? Well, I've got nothing to hide. It isn't a big deal. On the other hand, if crazy DarkFury went to register for a firearm, you better be damn sure I'd feel safer if that guy had a psyche eval, full criminal background check, and an extensive waiting period. It would simply make everybody safer (himself probably included).
I competition shoot and a physical, eye and mental exam are REQUIRED.

Darkfury stated, and I quote: "I competition shoot and a physical, eye and mental exam are REQUIRED."

I'm sure you thought you were making a point. Perhaps we could trouble you to explain what you were thinking.

I'm granted a national right at birth and I need permission? If its a national right I don't need a damn thing. And they want you to register and pay for that national right. Nothing in that right says I have to register and there is nothing that says government can extort money to "allow" a right.

That argument came to the forefront the other day when one of this sites liberals INSISTED that states have the right to REMOVE national rights. How truly stupid can one get? As a state, any state joins the United States that state AGREES to ANY and ALL national rights. There is no question and there is no exception.

That is what prevents state leaders from becoming dictators. Now in most liberals cities you can't get one. So they are in fact trying to DENY your right. Yet in other liberal cities you can get one but it costs you money. So in fact your national right is being extorted for money. We don't have those issues here in Arizona. You DON'T beg for a right or buy it, it's yours.

If we were to look at the subject in total truth then Baltimore/Detroit and St. Louis ARE violating Federal LAW JUST as much if not more then Sanctuary Cities. Why are we fighting a modern day "civilized" government for a national right? Seems to me we would be throwing those traitors out of office as fast as we could find them.

Governments JOB is to protect our rights and our Sovereignty. Seems to me they are taking one illegally and NOT doing the other! Who is this government working for? It sure as hell does not seem like me. Lets see, you take guns and the rule of law out and put criminals in and you expect me to build and prosper?

What the hell am I building and what's it worth? Show me where the safety and Sovereignty is in that. The two base things ANY nation needs to survive and to grow. And you want me to build without either?

You folks better keep your guns because the ones WITH guns will be the SAME folks running the country.

Fury
You also have the national right to own and operate a business but you still need permission for that. You have the right to marriage...but I'm also sure you need to register for that as well. Hey, wait...how about the right to vote...oh wait...you also need to register for that as well.

Keep trying.

Just as an aside, I'm actually for gun rights (within reason). I've been to countries where it is mandatory to own a form of protection (AK being probably the most common) or you will lose your life and property to your opportunistic neighbor. While I don't think that civilized nations (like Japan) really need to allow their citizen base gun rights, I'd consider most Americans, OP included, as being far from civilized. Gun rights are needed for house owners to protect themselves from their neighbors...I mean if you look at almost every major city (Chicago is currently getting the highlight) crime rates are through the roof. With that said, me, as a law abiding citizen, has no issue with having to register for my firearm or having to be approved. Why? Well, I've got nothing to hide. It isn't a big deal. On the other hand, if crazy DarkFury went to register for a firearm, you better be damn sure I'd feel safer if that guy had a psyche eval, full criminal background check, and an extensive waiting period. It would simply make everybody safer (himself probably included).

Darkfury stated, and I quote: "I competition shoot and a physical, eye and mental exam are REQUIRED."

I'm sure you thought you were making a point. Perhaps we could trouble you to explain what you were thinking.

Oh, a masochist.

This is where you are deluded.

There are no "rights". Any fool who thinks he has rights needs to look up "Japanese-Americans, 1942"

So, according to you, is something is done, which is UNCONSTITUTIONAL, that means the RIGHT, suddenly does not exist for anyone.

It is good that you are not in a position to make such decisions.

Fury

Keep trying.

Oh, a masochist.

Your point being?

Fury

Keep trying.

Oh, a masochist.

Your point being?
Asking DF to make sense. There are many rights secured in the BoR that require people to obtain licenses. And there are court decisions discussing when those requirements are OK

[

Asking DF to make sense. There are many rights secured in the BoR that require people to obtain licenses. And there are court decisions discussing when those requirements are OK

Really? Which rights require a license? Do I need to renew my license to speak? What of my license for a speedy trial? If am arrested and my license to not incriminate myself is lapsed, what will that mean?

Do you actually think before you post such moronic shit?

Keep trying.

Oh, a masochist.

Your point being?
In some state sanctioned matches there are entry requirements.
A yearly physical/mental and eye exam are required at the level I shoot. {small bore distance}.

So, the Americans assembled on 05/04/1970 when the they were gunned down made the mistake of not having brought firearms. Four people would not have died.
All of the stupid arguments you can make for gun registration can be just as easily made for knife registration.
Go kill some innocent shoppers in the mall parking lot with a knife. Then, with your knife, go kill a few teenagers on the sidewalk while riding in a moving vehicle. Try killing someone 50 yards away with your knife. See how far you get without being stopped or getting really tired. Guns = effortless killing.

Why do you demand MORE violent crime in our country? Really, specifically, why do you want to INCREASE violent crime in our country?

I can only presume that you are well aware that most Western European countries, along with Australia, have significantly higher violent crime rates than we do here in the United States. Obviously, it is going from bad to worse due to the millions of refugees emigrating to Europe from the disaster created in the Middle East by Lame Duck President Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
I haven't seen a single study that shows what you posit here. Not even Gun Guy's. You know exactly what my point is, and you haven't an answer, because I am right about the ease with which one can use a gun to take another's life. A knife can do a great deal of damage in a crowd if you're one of those ninja types with a machete or a Samurai sword, but if that has happened here, I don't remember it. What I do remember here is the weekly report of another guy going out and shooting up innocent victims in some parking lot. Not to mention the horrific mass shootings like Aurora, Newtown, etc. Why do you say shopping plaza parking lots are "gun free zones?" I never saw a parking lot with such a sign. Why did none of these shootings end with an armed citizen responding and shooting the bad guy? It's always the cops. Your theory is full of holes.
Some of you completely discount the lives of many of our gun death victims because they have criminal records. That's up to you. I consider them lives, and so do their mothers, brothers, kids, etc. Did they ask for it? Maybe. Would a good deal of them be alive if their enemies had to get within striking distance to stab them? Betcha a lot of them would.
You know it and I know it.

You are shown actual research...and deny it. You know the number of times people use guns to stop crimes is far more than to commit crimes....yet you ignore it.....the Colorado theater shooter picked a theater because it had a gun free policy.....the Sandy Hook Shooter picked the elementary school because the middle school and the high school had armed security, the elementary school was gun free.........

The studies show that immediate, armed resistance to mass public shooters save lives.....the research shows this...not pulling number out of our asses.......
You argue the same points over and over and ignore my actual arguments. If guns were not available, would we have as many senseless deaths as the ones above? Using pitchforks or knives? I got a point, and you'd prefer to ignore that.

When do you deal with reality?

What you call, "actual arguments", actually...are fantasy arguments.

Try making your arguments from a REAL WORLD perspective.

Fury
I agree. We should not have to pre-register to vote.

What method of enforcement do you propose? Having each voter dip their forefinger into a bottle of permanent ink?

Oh, a masochist.

Your point being?
In some state sanctioned matches there are entry requirements.
A yearly physical/mental and eye exam are required at the level I shoot. {small bore distance}.

That has what, exactly, to do with a law abiding, private citizen. Other than your narcissistic need.

[

Really? Which rights require a license? Do I need to renew my license to speak? What of my license for a speedy trial? If am arrested and my license to not incriminate myself is lapsed, what will that mean?

Do you actually think before you post such moronic shit?

Dear Moron:

You have a right to contract, yet in order to have a valid sale of land, you must record the sale, and in many localities you must have the property inspected and even surveyed before sale.

You have a right to vote, but you must register beforehand.

You have a right to assemble, but in nearly all cities, you need a parade permit.

There are arguments that you have a right to home school your kids, but you may be required to obtain state ok of your plan.

You have a right to decided healthcare for your kid, but a Court can intervene.

You have a right to an abortion, but the state may require so many licenses that you may not be able to get one.

There are more, but I am confident that if you weren't a MORON you'd be able to find them yourself.

Please show me where, in the second amendment, the words "shall register" is? And as a follow up to that very question, do you not understand the words "shall not be infringed"?

The 1st Amendment says that freedom of speech cannot be abridged.

Where does it say except in cases of inciting riots, or yelling fire in a crowded theatre?

And the 2nd Amendment does not allow you to use a gun to commit a crime, just as the 1st Amendment does not allow you to commit a crime.. ........so yes, the 2nd Amendment is already limited.......the rest of the limits you guys want are unConstitutional .....and only target non criminals........

Having an unregistered handgun in NY is a crime. You lose.

And that is unConstitutional...under the 5th and 14th Amendments.

Dear Moron:

You have a right to contract, yet in order to have a valid sale of land, you must record the sale, and in many localities you must have the property inspected and even surveyed before sale.

Alright, so you've never actually read the bill of rights or constitution. I understand. Contracts are a matter of statute. A contract is not a right.

The enumerated rights listed in the Constitution are;

1 Freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and petition.
2 Right to keep and bear arms in order to maintain a well regulated militia.
3 No quartering of soldiers.
4 Freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures.
5 Right to due process of law, freedom from self-incrimination, double jeopardy.
6 Rights of accused persons, e.g., right to a speedy and public trial.
7 Right of trial by jury in civil cases.
8 Freedom from excessive bail, cruel and unusual punishments.
9 Other rights of the people.
10 Powers reserved to the states.

You have a right to vote, but you must register beforehand.

Notice that even voting is not an enumerated right. Of course at the time of the constitution, suffrage was far from universal, voting was not viewed as a right.

You have a right to assemble, but in nearly all cities, you need a parade permit.

The SCOTUS has held that cities and municipalities can NOT require permits to assemble. Activities which disrupt the normal and natural flow of commerce (including traffic) may be subjected to permit.

Restrictions of Freedom of Assembly - Lawyers.com

There are arguments that you have a right to home school your kids, but you may be required to obtain state ok of your plan.

Not an enumerated right.

States have been universally struck down in attempts to curtail and control home schooling.

You have a right to decided healthcare for your kid, but a Court can intervene.

You have a right to an abortion, but the state may require so many licenses that you may not be able to get one.

There are more, but I am confident that if you weren't a MORON you'd be able to find them yourself.

Again, these are not enumerated rights and these above are nowhere in the Constitution.

You are simply ignorant of this subject. Which is sad, and explains why it is so easy to infringe the rights of the public at large.

asaratis, did you really make this oxymoron post or did someone hack your account?

"The right to bear arms shall not be infringed. The right to carry concealed weapons requires a permit."

Sorry, Markle. That is not an oxymoron...and I did make it. Many states have those provisions. The open carry rule is sometimes called a 'gunslinger' law. Any adult can carry a weapon exposed to view of the public. If the person wants to carry a concealed weapon, they need a permit.

Check the gun laws by state.

State Gun Control Laws - FindLaw

In Georgia:
Code Section 16-11-121, et seq.

Illegal Arms Sawed-off shotgun or rifle; machine gun; dangerous weapon ("rocket launcher," "bazooka" or "recoilless rifle," "mortar," "hand grenade") or silencer

Waiting Period None, but 60 days for license to carry pistol

Who May Not Own 1. Convicted felon; convicted of offense arising out of possession, manufacture, or use of a controlled substance; fugitive from justice; pending proceedings for felony, forcible misdemeanor, for carrying deadly weapon within school safety zone or at public gathering; 2. Under 18 yrs. old; 3. Anyone hospitalized as inpatient at any mental hospital or drug or alcohol treatment center within 5 yrs. of applying for gun license.

Law Prohibiting Firearms On or Near School Grounds -

See more at: Georgia Gun Control Laws - FindLaw

So, according to you, is something is done, which is UNCONSTITUTIONAL, that means the RIGHT, suddenly does not exist for anyone.

It is good that you are not in a position to make such decisions.

NO, I'm not. But guess who was!

The United States Supreme Court heard the appeals of the Japanese Americans who lost there supposed "rights" during the war. Korematsu vs. US. The courts ruled that the government did have the authority to violate the 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th amendment "rights" of Japanese Americans because, fuck, there was a goddamn war going on.

So if at some future point, the 78% of us who don't need to own a gun to compensate for penis size decide that we are sick and tired of the bullshit done by the 22% of you who are... and the Supreme Court, now stacked with Clinton and Obama appointees, decide, "oops, the Second Amendment is about Militias, not gun ownership", youare kind of fucked, aren't you?

Forum List

Back