I read the House memo supporting impeachment

(link to the memo is embedded)

And I don't see the direct connection to Trump. I'd agree he encouraged the rioters, but I'd think he had to have some foreknowledge of the attack or proof that he intended to provoke them to attack.

If the dems wanted impeachment …. fine. It's something they can legally do. Maybe they pretty much had to do it to satisfy their base What political ramifications it has … I don't know.

But I'm not sure Trump needs much defense other than "where's the beef." And rather than calling idiot qanon shamans to say "I did what he said" the dems should just get the vote and move on. The Shaman saying Trump incited him sort of proves Trump's defense of "nobody but a freaking idiot could think I told them to kill Pence, sheeesh. I like Mike, until he deserted me." LOL
He encouraged it is enough. He should not have. He should not have brought up Pence, as Pence was only carrying out his constitutional duties. He should not have been supporting a claim of stolen election and massive fraud leading to defeat after his own lawyers refused to say it in court and all courts had ruled against him. This is not a criminal proceeding. It (unfortunately for him) is about right and wrong for a president, at the time. It is not about free speech. Propagating a lie and whipping up a crowd to support your lie is not protected. especially if it leads to violence. If you are burning some of your trash to keep warm, but it gets out of control and you burn down somebody's house. You are responsible.
lol.

Do you actually read what you write?

Its like...."I know what he was thinking, I know what he wanted. I know what his intentions were"...

Yet, you don't even know what you had for breakfast this morning....other than some Vaseline, tissue paper and mummy's basement.
There you go again. Have not lived with parents since age of 18. Now 66. My own kids are grown and do not live with us, either. If that is common in you family, you should have had better role models.

Perhaps if you stopped acting like a child, people wouldn't get that impression of you.

Perhaps if you simply read instead of attempting to respond, people would not think of as a trumpist cult follower/supporter.

Now you're acting like a childish snowflake again. LMAO

In what way?

You can't even write a coherent sentence. And exactly what am I suppose to be reading, your commie propaganda?

Don't then. I won't miss you.

OKtexas said that the crowd, like the person wanting to commit suicide was predisposed to do what they later did.
I never said that and I insist on a retraction.

Then let me post where you said that.

Your problem is the FBI has proved plans were in place days before the speech. So you have no cause.

Hummmmmm. Plans in place BEFORE the speech.
Isn't that the definition of predisposed.

For that I insist on a retraction.

Perhaps you should look up the definition of a crowd and the manner you in which used it. In fact I didn't mention how many people might have been in on the plans, much less a crowd, you know why, no one knows at this point who participated and I won't paint the whole crowd with the same broad brush you commies use. There were 10s of thousands of people in DC that day, tell the class exactly how many were involved in the riot. I fucking dare ya.

But the simple fact is you lied and put word in my mouth that I never said.

Police arrive and a man answers the door and says he broke into his own house because he did not have the key. Sure that happens. Been there, done that.

Police ask for ID to prove he was the actual owner of the house. Smart move. No burglar will say "its not my house"....

Owner of house refuses to show ID and it becomes a confrontation. Yes, he is the owner, but the police still only know that based on the word of the man at the door.

Last Thursday he was arrested on suspicion of breaking into his own home near Harvard, the university where he is an eminent professor. He was handcuffed, fingerprinted and locked in a cell for four hours for what the local police force said was "loud and tumultuous behaviour" amounting to disorderly conduct.

Asked to prove it was his own home, Gates showed his Harvard ID and local driving licence.
In return, Gates asked Crowley for his name and badge number.
Lies. And the sad part is you know it.

But you deny it.

And when he told them he was going to lead them to the capitol, the crowd roared with excitement. So they were listening to Trumps commands in real time.

It's called streaming audio. All you need is a smart phone.

He never said that, you're reading shit in the speech that you want, not what was actually said.

Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. After this, we’re going to walk down and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down. We’re going to walk down any one you want, but I think right here. We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.

Hummmm.... Do you think Trump meant he would follow them to the capitol?

A simple yes/no.

No. When I say we're all in this together, does that mean we are going to be in the same place at the same time? How about some politicians telling people that were all in this together when talking to the unemployed because of covid, when the politicians will never miss a paycheck. See, that's the problem with you foreigners, you take things literally, when they are meant figuratively.

Lies? So you're saying States like WI, MI, PA, AZ and GA didn't violate their own election laws. Damn you really are delusional. Hell I'll even give you one example. WI has no early in person voting, so some creative county officials invented early in person absentee voting. That's a fucking oxymoron. How the hell does that work or make sense?

In-Person Absentee Procedure

1. The absentee clerk will give you an absentee envelope to fill out with your name, address, and date of birth.
  2. The absentee clerk will need to check your voter ID. Rather than handling your ID, they will ask you to hold up the ID for them to see.
  3. After reviewing and printing your ballot card, you will fold it in half and seal it in the absentee envelope.
  4. You will sign your envelope in the presence of the absentee clerk. The absentee clerk will sign as your witness.
  5. Your absentee ballot will remain sealed in its envelope and secured in the Clerk's Office until it is delivered to your polling place to be processed on Election Day.
What's illegal about that. All they're doing is providing a place to fill out their absentee ballot, where they can use a touch screen that can accommodate handicapped, and elderly people with vision or writing problems.

Perhaps you should look up the definition of a crowd and the manner you in which used it.
I didn't say the whole crowd, I didn't say the entire crowd, I just said the crowd.

That applies to any fraction thereof.

Just to help you out with your ESL studies, you can speak words, you can write words and you can type words, what you can't do is "tell words".
Tell me more. And use words when you do it.

Damn, two correct sentences in a row. You're on a roll, can you keep the streak going? BTW, you can tell people something, but you can't tell words.

And I don't see the direct connection to Trump. I'd agree he encouraged the rioters, but I'd think he had to have some foreknowledge of the attack or proof that he intended to provoke them to attack.

If the dems wanted impeachment …. fine. It's something they can legally do. Maybe they pretty much had to do it to satisfy their base What political ramifications it has … I don't know.

But I'm not sure Trump needs much defense other than "where's the beef." And rather than calling idiot qanon shamans to say "I did what he said" the dems should just get the vote and move on. The Shaman saying Trump incited him sort of proves Trump's defense of "nobody but a freaking idiot could think I told them to kill Pence, sheeesh. I like Mike, until he deserted me." LOL
He encouraged it is enough. He should not have. He should not have brought up Pence, as Pence was only carrying out his constitutional duties. He should not have been supporting a claim of stolen election and massive fraud leading to defeat after his own lawyers refused to say it in court and all courts had ruled against him. This is not a criminal proceeding. It (unfortunately for him) is about right and wrong for a president, at the time. It is not about free speech. Propagating a lie and whipping up a crowd to support your lie is not protected. especially if it leads to violence. If you are burning some of your trash to keep warm, but it gets out of control and you burn down somebody's house. You are responsible.
interesting analogy. But if my trash fire gets out of control I can't be convicted of arson or any intentional burning of other's property. I could get fined. I could probably be charged with some crime of illegal burning if I failed to do something required or burned during a burn notice.

I'm not defending Trump. I've thought since the 1980s that he was richtrash. There's not much I think he's above trying to do if he thinks he can get away with it. And I'm not complaining about him being impeached …. twice.

But unless the dems have some link to the organizers who brought weapons and an agreement to storm the capital or hurt policepeople ….. there's no basis to ban him from running again. And he'd probably help dems if he did.
To do nothing and let politics run it's course and let trump off the hook for what he brought about over the two months after the election, violence or no violence is the same as the hands off approach as the mayor and governor in Portland. It will not cool down until you just say NO and mean it. This was beyond the pale. Post election violence whipped up by an elected politician can become pre-election violence whipped up by the same politician or another. A message must be sent. The message to those politicians that would use their rhetoric and false unprovable accusations to stampede a herd, must be NO.

Yet you're not demanding accountability for the politicians that egged on the riots, looting, arson and murders over the summer. In fact kneepads harriss helped raise bail money to get her soldiers back on the streets ASAP. STFU hypocrite.

Not that the same. Your cheap Jedi mind tricks don't work on me, boy.

Yeah, I know facts confuse the shit out of you commies. What the hell does, "Not that the same.", even mean? Me thinks your ESL is showing. Are you posting from some commie country?

Scratch the word "that" and read it again. Enjoy the trial.

LMAO Perhaps you should have read it again.

The political ramifications could very easily be if the Republicans take back the House in 2022 they launch an equally partisan impeachment of Biden over whatever they can come up with. Impeachment is supposed to be used for very serious matters we are now seeing it being used for partisan purposes the way we are going it won’t shock me if impeaching a new President becomes the norm.

lol.

Its like...."I know what he was thinking, I know what he wanted. I know what his intentions were"...

Yet, you don't even know what you had for breakfast this morning....other than some Vaseline, tissue paper and mummy's basement.
There you go again. Have not lived with parents since age of 18. Now 66. My own kids are grown and do not live with us, either. If that is common in you family, you should have had better role models.

Perhaps if you stopped acting like a child, people wouldn't get that impression of you.

Perhaps if you simply read instead of attempting to respond, people would not think of as a trumpist cult follower/supporter.

In what way?

You can't even write a coherent sentence. And exactly what am I suppose to be reading, your commie propaganda?

Ouch.

That hurt.

Me be sad.

The political ramifications could very easily be if the Republicans take back the House in 2022 they launch an equally partisan impeachment of Biden over whatever they can come up with. Impeachment is supposed to be used for very serious matters we are now seeing it being used for partisan purposes the way we are going it won’t shock me if impeaching a new President becomes the norm.
Biden will be impeached for adjusting his mask more that 5 times in one minute during a press briefing.

Yeah, telling folks to "peacefully and patriotically make their VOICED HEARD", just makes folks want to break something. You're a fucking idiot.

No arguing with what they did that day. No arguing trump encouraged them to go their after firing them up at the "stop the steal" rally. Effect usually follows cause.

Your problem is the FBI has proved plans were in place days before the speech. So you have no cause.

He had been talking them up with fake "stolen election" lies for months before the stop the steal rally he invited them to on the day both houses of congress were meeting to receive the electoral count. He is responsible.

Lies? So you're saying States like WI, MI, PA, AZ and GA didn't violate their own election laws. Damn you really are delusional. Hell I'll even give you one example. WI has no early in person voting, so some creative county officials invented early in person absentee voting. That's a fucking oxymoron. How the hell does that work or make sense?

Take it up with the several states. The court (including the trump appointed judge courts) rule against you.

No they didn't, they have to hear the evidence, they refused to do so. That equates to a NO DECISION.

Hummmm.... Do you think Trump meant he would follow them to the capitol?

A simple yes/no.

No. When I say we're all in this together, does that mean we are going to be in the same place at the same time?

See, that's the problem with you foreigners, you take things literally, when they are meant figuratively.

You're not reading Trumps words

After this, we’re going to walk down and I’ll be there with you.

We’re going walk down to the Capitol,
and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women.

Explain how "i'll be there with you" doesn't mean Trump would be there with them. I seem to have a problem with my ESL.

Maybe "i'll be there with you" and "we're going to walk down" is some sort of American idiom, for 'you're on your own suckers"

lol.

In what way?

Don't what? You won't miss me, when?

interesting analogy. But if my trash fire gets out of control I can't be convicted of arson or any intentional burning of other's property. I could get fined. I could probably be charged with some crime of illegal burning if I failed to do something required or burned during a burn notice.

I'm not defending Trump. I've thought since the 1980s that he was richtrash. There's not much I think he's above trying to do if he thinks he can get away with it. And I'm not complaining about him being impeached …. twice.

But unless the dems have some link to the organizers who brought weapons and an agreement to storm the capital or hurt policepeople ….. there's no basis to ban him from running again. And he'd probably help dems if he did.
To do nothing and let politics run it's course and let trump off the hook for what he brought about over the two months after the election, violence or no violence is the same as the hands off approach as the mayor and governor in Portland. It will not cool down until you just say NO and mean it. This was beyond the pale. Post election violence whipped up by an elected politician can become pre-election violence whipped up by the same politician or another. A message must be sent. The message to those politicians that would use their rhetoric and false unprovable accusations to stampede a herd, must be NO.

Yet you're not demanding accountability for the politicians that egged on the riots, looting, arson and murders over the summer. In fact kneepads harriss helped raise bail money to get her soldiers back on the streets ASAP. STFU hypocrite.

Not that the same. Your cheap Jedi mind tricks don't work on me, boy.

Yeah, I know facts confuse the shit out of you commies. What the hell does, "Not that the same.", even mean? Me thinks your ESL is showing. Are you posting from some commie country?

Scratch the word "that" and read it again. Enjoy the trial.

LMAO Perhaps you should have read it again.

Laugh clown laugh, but he is tarred with it and will be further tarred and the ones in the Senate that support the insurrection and his right to incite it will be tarred with him, making us all safer from them ever being elected president for fear they would try it again after showing their support for mob violence to take over the government and negate the lawful results of free election, by the people of the United States.

No they didn't, they have to hear the evidence, they refused to do so. That equates to a NO DECISION.
Where does the Wisconsin absentee ballot law specify where the ballot has to be filled out?

Oh, it doesn't. And all Wisconsin did was accommodate people with a place they could fill out their absentee ballots. And provide a signature witness.

In-Person Absentee Procedure

1. The absentee clerk will give you an absentee envelope to fill out with your name, address, and date of birth.
  2. The absentee clerk will need to check your voter ID. Rather than handling your ID, they will ask you to hold up the ID for them to see.
  3. After reviewing and printing your ballot card, you will fold it in half and seal it in the absentee envelope.
  4. You will sign your envelope in the presence of the absentee clerk. The absentee clerk will sign as your witness.
  5. Your absentee ballot will remain sealed in its envelope and secured in the Clerk's Office until it is delivered to your polling place to be processed on Election Day.
What's illegal about that. All they're doing is providing a place to fill out their absentee ballot, where they can use a touch screen that can accommodate handicapped, and elderly people with vision or writing problems.

Now show me that procedure in the WI election law. Just because you might like it, doesn't make it legal.

Now show me that procedure in the WI election law. Just because you might like it, doesn't make it legal.

You don't understand law. This procedure includes the steps that must be followed for a legitimate absentee ballot to be cast. Making what they did perfectly legal.

Unless any of the things they provided are by statute expressly "prohibited", it remains legal.

As I said, they provided a place and the machinery to assist them in filling out their ballots in order to minimize ballots being thrown out because of errors filling it out. And verifying their signatures using their photo on their voter ID.

Nah, they should go after kneepads harriss first for inciting and fund raising for the summer riots.

Forum List

Back