I say MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! You got a problem with that?

Re Christmas, check all statements that apply to you:

• Christmas is Christmas. Celebrate it!!!

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Happy Holidays is more considerate of the feelings of others.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Put Christmas (and other religious festivals) back into the schools.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Keep Christmas (and other religious festivals) out of the schools.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Only secular Christmas observances are P.C.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Each community should practice their own chosen Christmas customs.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Other and I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Christian Americans celebrate Christmas, jewish americans do not.
It's your religious holiday.
Also, exactly how do you claim the whole community?
I don't get that attitude at all, no one should be offended by Christmas, it makes no sense to me, and I say that as a Jew. This is America, America celebrates Christmas, it is part of the culture of this country and as Foxfyre says it is only religious for Christians, if you're not a Christian it's not religious

It seems to me the people who are offended are those whom demand that everyone worship their god.

It reminds me of the Borg.

I never said I was offended by Christmas. I am annoyed by the arrogance of those christians who refuse to acknowledge that not everyone has to worship their god.

It seems to me the people who are offended are those whom demand that everyone worship their god.

It reminds me of the Borg.

I never said I was offended by Christmas. I am annoyed by the arrogance of those christians who refuse to acknowledge that not everyone has to worship their god.

I wouldn't let that bother you brother, it's part of their beliefs. Some Christians come on a little strong with that stuff, most don't.

Social conservatives, such as the OP, seem to be under the mistaken impression that they’re subject to some sort of de facto ‘prohibition’ of the use of the word ‘Christmas.’

The notion is an idiotic rightist contrivance, as is the myth of ‘political correctness’ in general, a bizarre component of the Culture Wars.

It's your religious holiday.

Also, exactly how do you claim the whole community?

Not going to let you divert the thread with a straw man. Sorry Mike. I am one of millions of Americans who want to celebrate Christmas as a religious observance. I'm not asking anybody else to participate in that.

I am also an American who, as an American, wants to celebrate the National Holiday of Christmas as Christmas and not some other politically correct observance.

Most Americans have no problem celebrating Thanksgiving and making it their own whether or not they subscribe to its religious origins. I think most Americans can figure out how to do that with Christmas too without having to make it into something else.

And I wholly suscribe to allowing anybody not to participate in either or both as he or she chooses.

Question:

Does chirstmas mean christ/jesus/god/religion?

Only to Christians just as Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks to God only when it is celebrated by religious people. To the non-religious, or even probably to most of the religious, Thanksgiving is a national holiday with turkey and dressing and sweet potato pie and football. To most of the non-religious, and to even most of the Christians when they aren't in church, Christmas is a national holiday with Santa Claus and Rudolph and Jingle Bells and Winter Wonderland, candy canes, Christmas trees, beautiful lights, classical and modern secular carols, and gift giving.

if anyone is destroying the 'religious holidays' i would look to the people consumed with buying......

i would look at people who insist that its this or that.....

personally this thread and the attitude of the op and many of the posters sickens me...what became of a time of peace, joy and brotherly love? i just aint seeing it being reflected by this thread and the attitudes of many of the posters.....

and stop playing the victim card.....so you got some negs.....i am sure you got some pos too....

if anyone is destroying the 'religious holidays' i would look to the people consumed with buying......

i would look at people who insist that its this or that.....

personally this thread and the attitude of the op and many of the posters sickens me...what became of a time of peace, joy and brotherly love? i just aint seeing it being reflected by this thread and the attitudes of many of the posters.....

and stop playing the victim card.....so you got some negs.....i am sure you got some pos too....

If that was directed at me, I certainly have not played the 'victim card' or even complained. I have used the neg reps and unkind remarks as illustration of the absence of peace, joy, and brotherly love that you seem to object to. When you get negged for defending Christmas I suppose it is a sign of the times. :)

And you are not a Chrisitan. What is to you what Christmas is to a Christian? I certainly have not put down nor criticized those or disrespected anybody here who is not Christian and does not observe Christmas as a religious holiday. Tolerance works two way you know. I respect you and your beliefs and/or non beliefs. Tolerance would suggest that you would respect mine.

I am curious though why you would have a problem with the attitude of the OP? It doesn't put anybody down. It doesn't demand that anybody worship anything or celebrate in any particular way.

It is an appeal, however, to preserve a piece of uniquely American culture and heritage as manifested in a national holiday. A holiday that is supposed to bring out the best in people and encourage good cheer. A time of happiness, fun, caring, charity, and, for Christians only, a particular point in the Church calendar. It is an appeal to not deny those who wish to celebrate it the right to do so however they choose the celebrate it.

So why would you have a problem with that?

i dont care what you do at christmas.....i did not start a thread on it ..now did i?

you are the one coming off....with the 'you got a problem with that' and then shocked at the consequences of your actions

you seem to want it both ways.....on one hand its a national holiday for everyone...then it becomes a christian holiday for you? you can have it one way or the other....either you believe its an exclusive holiday or you dont....and by exclusive i mean that one has to be a christian to understand and celebrate it

Why Christmas must be shoved up the nose of every human being on earth is a mystery to me.

Why can't Christians just enjoy their holiday without forcing others to bow to it? These folks are so arrogant they cannot even put themselves in the shoes of a non-christian for a second.

They think their unreasonable demands are reasonable. There is so much anger in their demands. That seems completely opposite to peace.

Even the title of this thread is contentious. It is asking someone who has a problem saying Merry Christmas to all to "put up their dukes".

I used to care about getting along with folks like this, and now I don't. They can feel free to work their domination trip all they like. They have blind spots and cannot work on themselves. If Christians want to hate non-christians, it's none of my business.

It's my job to work on me and let them be.

Last edited:
i dont care what you do at christmas.....i did not start a thread on it ..now did i?

you are the one coming off....with the 'you got a problem with that' and then shocked at the consequences of your actions

you seem to want it both ways.....on one hand its a national holiday for everyone...then it becomes a christian holiday for you? you can have it one way or the other....either you believe its an exclusive holiday or you dont....and by exclusive i mean that one has to be a christian to understand and celebrate it

I'm not gonna fight with you bones. Yes, Christmas is a Christian Holy Day for me. I do not expect it to be for you or anybody who is not Christian. That was my whole point with the thread. Christmas started out as a Christian High Holy Day, but has since become a NATIONAL holiday for ALL Americans and there is something to appreciate or have fun with for all Americans who enjoy that. I was defending Christmas against those who think it is somehow inappropriate to celebrate it in some settings.

I'm so sorry if my thread title offends you, and it is totally mystifying to me why it should. I want to wish people a Merry Christmas whatever Christmas means to them. I don't want to be put down because I feel that way about it. Sort of like you are doing here. :)

I am defending Christmas. So you do have a problem with that, yes?

It is telling how you are completely clueless as to why the title of this thread would be offensive to others.

If an insight about this ever occurs to you, you will have moved dramatically in your stuckness.

Christmas is not under attack. Religious freedom is. You want to shove your Merry Christmas aggressively in the face of people who don't celebrate it. WORSE, you think you're ENTITLED to do so.

Why Christians have to feel like victims because some people say Happy Holidays, is a mystery to me.

Last edited:
no one is attacking christmas that is just what you dont get

My compliments are never backhanded. They are up front and real and well intended when I give them.

And this thread is not about attacking Christmas. There are other threads dealing with that. This thread is about tolerance for those who wish to celebrate Christmas as Christmas and not some generic politically correct something else.

I don't know why that is such a difficult concept for some of you folks to grasp. You really haven't read the thread have you. If you had you would have seen many showing much intolerance for the celebration of Christmas and those who want to severely restrict how and where it is celebrated. And you would have seen even more intolerance for those who are objecting to that.

Last edited:
no one is attacking christmas that is just what you dont get
Nope, and no one is attacking anyone for celebrating Christmas as a religious holiday.

Aside from other whacked out rightwingers, such as O'Reilly, no one anywhere cares how the victim in the OP celebrates Christmas.

Forum List

Back