I Spit On "da federal gubermint"........

No, we really need to have a safety net for the elderly. Period. Every civilized country realizes this.

It's not civilized to take other people's property by force and give it to the elderly.

I am as conservative as they come...and I will disagree with this 110%.
Especially with today's corporatocracy that has eliminated pension plans.
Americans have shown over and over and over they have absolutely ZERO economic sense...so unless we want our nation filled with homeless old people...forced savings in necessary and makes perfect sense.

No, we really need to have a safety net for the elderly. Period. Every civilized country realizes this.

It's not civilized to take other people's property by force and give it to the elderly.

Americans have shown over and over and over they have absolutely ZERO economic sense...so unless we want our nation filled with homeless old people...forced savings in necessary and makes perfect sense.

Save your own money for retirement.
And SS is forced but it is not savings.

You do not own the money taken from you for SS. It can be given back to you or not and you have absolutely no say.

I'm all for keeping the mandated contributions but people should individually own the accounts those funds are deposited into

And what do you call people who think they are entitled to everyone else's property?

Rich People.

Hey, here's the thing, guy, you whine all day about those "Welfare people" when the bottom 40% of the population controls less than 1% of the wealth, but have no problem with the top 1% of the population controlling 43% of the wealth...

Do you think that 1% did 43% of the labor that created the wealth?

Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.
- Abraham Lincoln

Now, that said, the funny thing is, conservatives (not you, because you are Malignant Narcissist who hates everyone) whine and bitch all day about "Welfare", but the fact is, the biggest "entitlements" are payments that go to the Middle Class - Social Security, Medicare and Unemployment INsurance...

Or as I like to call them "White People Welfare".

But you'll whine and bitch about "Colored people welfare" like SNAP or Section 8 or the Dreaded ObamaPhone.

Ignore that SNAP is mostly meant to subsidize the agriculture industry by keeping food demand high and Reagan was the one who started the free phone program for poor people.

You do not own the money taken from you for SS. It can be given back to you or not and you have absolutely no say.

I'm all for keeping the mandated contributions but people should individually own the accounts those funds are deposited into

Actually the money you put in social security can never be given back to you because it's spent as it comes in. What government may do is take money from your children and give it to you

My retirement is set, I am 51 now and I could stop saving now and I would be alright. But I, and I take it yourself, are not the norm. I swear there is some kind of force field around the frontal lobe of most Americans...they have no concept of cause and effect. Add that to the fact corporations have removed pension plans 10-15 years ago and without SS there will be an amazing number of homeless aged in about 20 years.
And I agree that SS should be on an individual basis...but I could see that being a nightmare trying to keep track of whose is what.

And what do you call people who think they are entitled to everyone else's property?

Rich People.

Hey, here's the thing, guy, you whine all day about those "Welfare people" when the bottom 40% of the population controls less than 1% of the wealth, but have no problem with the top 1% of the population controlling 43% of the wealth...

Do you think that 1% did 43% of the labor that created the wealth?

Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.
- Abraham Lincoln

Now, that said, the funny thing is, conservatives (not you, because you are Malignant Narcissist who hates everyone) whine and bitch all day about "Welfare", but the fact is, the biggest "entitlements" are payments that go to the Middle Class - Social Security, Medicare and Unemployment INsurance...

Or as I like to call them "White People Welfare".

But you'll whine and bitch about "Colored people welfare" like SNAP or Section 8 or the Dreaded ObamaPhone.

Ignore that SNAP is mostly meant to subsidize the agriculture industry by keeping food demand high and Reagan was the one who started the free phone program for poor people.
FYI I am and always have been for an end to ALL government subsidies for businesses and individuals alike

And here's a question

What would all those laborers do if no one supplied them a place to work and gave them a job to do?

Actually the money you put in social security can never be given back to you because it's spent as it comes in. What government may do is take money from your children and give it to you
Exactly and if any employer did what the governemnt does in their retirement plans all those business owners would be in jail

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

My retirement is set, I am 51 now and I could stop saving now and I would be alright. But I, and I take it yourself, are not the norm. I swear there is some kind of force field around the frontal lobe of most Americans...they have no concept of cause and effect. Add that to the fact corporations have removed pension plans 10-15 years ago and without SS there will be an amazing number of homeless aged in about 20 years.
And I agree that SS should be on an individual basis...but I could see that being a nightmare trying to keep track of whose is what.

We can keep track of accounts. It's done for all retirement plans already

FYI I am and always have been for an end to ALL government subsidies for businesses and individuals alike

yeah. Too bad modern society can't function without being able to do that.

Again, dude, you totally need to move to Somalia.

Of course it can. It has before right here.

Too bad people today think they should have everything given to them

Uh, guy, the 19th Century was a shit sandwich for most Americans, even most of the white ones. They didn't have to worry about retirement because most of them didn't live long enough TO retire. The One Percenters in the Gilded Age usually worked them from Childhood to death.

Just because you have some delusions that your 800 SF business puts you above the people who work for you, the vast majority of us don't want to go back to that.

Now we do have some problems, of course. Most of them caused by the 1%ers who sent all the good paying jobs to China, so we dont have the revenues coming in, and George W. Stupid looting the lockbox so he get back at Saddam for humiliating his father.

On a larger scale, of course, when the average life expectency goes from 62 as it was in 1935 to 78 today, we do have to be more creative in how we manage the safety net.

But we still need a safety net.

Uh, guy, the 19th Century was a shit sandwich for most Americans, even most of the white ones. They didn't have to worry about retirement because most of them didn't live long enough TO retire. The One Percenters in the Gilded Age usually worked them from Childhood to death.

Just because you have some delusions that your 800 SF business puts you above the people who work for you, the vast majority of us don't want to go back to that.

Now we do have some problems, of course. Most of them caused by the 1%ers who sent all the good paying jobs to China, so we dont have the revenues coming in, and George W. Stupid looting the lockbox so he get back at Saddam for humiliating his father.

On a larger scale, of course, when the average life expectency goes from 62 as it was in 1935 to 78 today, we do have to be more creative in how we manage the safety net.

But we still need a safety net.

And SS is not the net we need.

Like I said keep the forced contributions but let the people own the accounts

It is their money after all. But the governemnt can't have that because it would actually mean there would be less people dependent on it

Idiots like Joe think it's selfish for people to keep what's theirs but it's not selfish for people to take what's not theirs

The rich aren't taking what's "theirs'. They take what someone else made.
They don't take it. They pay people for it.

Tell me what would all those laborers do if no one gave them a place to work, a job to do and a paycheck for doing that job?

Forum List

Back