I Think it’s sad

To watch the dems of today destroy the party of Kennedy and Truman. Those two would be republicans if they were alive today.

I doubt they would be Republicans... They probably be in private business and say f'off to politics...

Opinion | The Democrats’ Unserious Week

Democrats, when they’re feeling alarmed or mischievous, will often say that Ronald Reagan would not recognize the current Republican Party. I usually respond that John F. Kennedy would not recognize the current Democratic Party, and would never succeed in it.

Both men represented different political eras but it’s forgotten that they were contemporaries, of the same generation, Reagan born in 1911 and JFK in 1917. They grew up in the same America in different circumstances, one rich, one poor, but with a shared national culture. By the 1950s, when JFK was established in the political system and Reagan readying to enter it, bodacious America had settled into its own dignity. It had a role in the world and needed to act the part. Both men valued certain public behaviors and the maintenance of a public face. It involved composure, coolness, a certain elegance and self-mastery. They felt they had to show competence and professionalism. They knew they were passing through history at an elevated level, and part of their job was to hold high its ways and traditions...

It's a good read.

LOL Funny how you people think the democratic party went to hell AFTER the racist dixiecrats left the party and became republicans.

No. There is little difference between the two criminal gangs. They just like it when you think they are different. It’s all a big scam and you are the victims.

To watch the dems of today destroy the party of Kennedy and Truman. Those two would be republicans if they were alive today.
naw, the dems wouldn't have moved left. those were powerful men.

They've lost it

James Carvile is issuing some hilarious, but true, statements as even some dems are waking up to how nuts they've gotten

"They’ve tacked off the damn radar screen," he said when asked if the party moved too far left.

Lol. The Ragin Cajun is back.....

Both would be proud of today’s Democrats

Trump?
They would say. WTF?

LOL Funny how you people think the democratic party went to hell AFTER the racist dixiecrats left the party and became republicans.
the only dixiecrat that left the senate dems was Strom Thurmond .... the mass exit is another lie your dear leaders feed you because they know your stupid ass will believe anything they say . there may have been 2 more to switch from the house ...the vast vast majority stayed in the party of the kkk.

Last edited:
The sad part is that Trump himself is not a full fledged republican...the dems could have and should have stepped up like adults and worked with him...he offered them a seat at the Healthcare table and offered Pelosi personally a fix to DACA...all shoved back in his face...why?...they never even gave it a try....hated him from the start because of his tweets?....or the way he defends himself?...the dems shrank in stature the day he announced and he capitalized off of it...and they still haven't learned....

the only dixiecrat that left was Strom Thurmond .... the mass exit is onother lie your dear leaders feed you because they know your stupid ass will believe anything they say .
Sorry, I was raised in Alabama during the period when all my older relatives decided that they didn't want no more Yankee n------ lovers telling them how their beloved traditions were racist and wrong. Sound familiar? The Republicans welcomed them with open arms.

Can you just imagine the hatred that would be unleashed on any democrat candidate who stood up and said "ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country" ?

I was a democrat for three decades. The party absolutely repulses me today.

the only dixiecrat that left was Strom Thurmond .... the mass exit is onother lie your dear leaders feed you because they know your stupid ass will believe anything they say .
Sorry, I was raised in Alabama during the period when all my older relatives decided that they didn't want no more Yankee n------ lovers telling them how their beloved traditions were racist and wrong. Sound familiar? The Republicans welcomed them with open arms.
once again only a small handful switched parties 3 to be exact !
so you come from a long line of democrat racist ....no wonder you are a guilt ridden leftist!

. Not a full fledged republican
Take, for instance, tariffs. This has always been a DEMOCRAT position geared towards protecting the jobs of the Amercan work force.

Today's democrats couldn't care less about working people these days. The only thing that interests them is convincing various identity groups that they are victims so they can get elected and make themselves fabulously wealthy in the process.

Forum List

Back