I wanted this man to succeed when I voted for him

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
I was very happy when a black man won the Presidency, I wanted him to succeed, so future black leaders would be more readily accepted by the general population.

I remember calling my African American piano teacher, Professor Russel Stevenson, one of the first blacks to break the color barriers in classical music during the 1950's and 1960's, I was so glad that he was able to witness the first black man elected President, after having lived 88 years.

When I called that night, I found out he had passed away two days prior, and he never had the chance to see Obama elected, I remember crying for many days, as my grandfather (who brought me up) had lost his memory to Alzheimer's, and my Professor was in many ways my mentor, who accompanied my live on the Usdan stage to play the Weber Concerto Number 2 just three months prior.

I cried not only because he was like a father to me, but also because he couldn't see his ultimate wish come true, a black man winning the Presidency. Having broke color barriers himself, this was a sincere and justifiable wish.

I shed some tears now, not for Obama, nor for myself (I am a white Jew), I cried for the African Americans that will have to endure this abysmal failure's legacy for many generations, I can feel the Professor's anguish, who was always a fair and honest man.

http://www.northportarts.org/diabelli-bios.html
Russell Stevenson is a graduate of the New England Conservatory of Music and Columbia University, with graduate studies at the University of Michigan and New York University. His teachers have been Wisdom St. Bishop of New York, Howard Goding of Boston, Edgar Schiffman of Vienna, Austria, and Eugene List of New York. He has concertized extensively on the eastern seaboard and in the midwest as soloist, with chamber groups and as accompanist to many artists. He has also appeared as soloist with Boston "Pops", Babylon Symphonette, Massapequa Chorale and Orchestra, New York Brass Choir, and Nassau-Suffolk Training Orchestra. He was a soloist with the Stony Brook University Orchestra and Suffolk Community College Chamber Orchestra. Mr. Stevenson is a Professor at Suffolk County Community College.

President_Barack_Obama.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think you're alone but your failure was in voting for black over intelligence. You voted skin color over character, that doesn't seem very smart.

The alternative was Mccain.

At the time Obama was saying the right things.

Obama lied.

We just had 8 years of Bush.

I was 18 years old.

Gitmo still isn't closed, in fact it's been revamped by the NDAA

That's what happens when you think color dictates anything other than color.

You voted for a color. And it's always a sign of ignorance and bigotry...no matter what color you vote. Check your values, because something about them is skewed that you place color before honor, integrity, trustworthiness, or anything else.

You voted for a color. And it's always a sign of ignorance and bigotry...no matter what color you vote. Check your values, because something about them is skewed that you place color before honor, integrity, trustworthiness, or anything else.

Read post number 3.

Being black was the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Why should blacks be upset that the first black president was a failure? We have had many failed white presidents. Their crappy legacy doesn't bother me one way or the other.

Read the part in bold.

As anyone with any adult life experience will tell you.

First impressions are everything.

Go on a first date with a girl wearing ripped and stained clothing, and talk about quasars. I'm sure she'll give you a second chance.

If this was Obama's first date, he showed up with piss stains down his pants, smelling like shit, discussing how he can repair coo-coo clocks.

Last edited:

I wasn't aware there was anybody running with honor, integrity, or trustworthiness. :eusa_eh:

Why would blackness be icing on the cake?

He was a complete unknown, and reality has been at loggerheads with what he presents from the beginning.

The people who voted for him saw only color and let that blind them. Yes he lied. We knew he was lying. It was obvious. He's ever even made any bones about it. He thinks you're so stupid you won't notice, or care.

And you didn't.

I don't think you're alone but your failure was in voting for black over intelligence. You voted skin color over character, that doesn't seem very smart.

Obama lied.

I was 18 years old.

The alternative, actually, was the primary. I would have more respect for democrats if they would have voted Hilary for the democrat ticket over Obama.

McCain and PALIN? Oh hell no. HELL no.
I validate what you are saying, 2nd. I feel the same way. And not just because he is black. He IS half white as well. I thought it awesome though, that a "black man" became president. I believed him, too. And I also feel so very disappointed now. And angry. And hoping the next few years passes quickly so he gets the hell out of the white house.

So we can look forward to another loser white woman/man for president. Let's try a Native American for a failed presidency! Then Asian, then.......

2nd Amendment, I'm not sure what you or others expected out of the president, but one must always keep in mind that a president "doesn't" make laws. He merely approves or vetoes those laws that are sent to his office by the senate or congress. As for Gitmo, what would your solution be for the remaining hard-liner prisoners, as their own nations have made it clear they refuse to take them back?
Often, those release previously, have returned to the battlefield. If we try them in civil courts, the likelyhood is that they would just end up in a prison anyway and once released (if at all), where would they go? We sure as hell don't want them on our soil plotting against us.

Obama lied.

I was 18 years old.

I voted for him in that election too, even traveled to another state with my mother to campaign for him on the eve of the election. And we stood in a football field for about 5 hours in Springfield Missouri waiting for him to speak. People were chanting for change.

I wanted obama to fail knowing that only if he failed would the country succeed.

Yup.

The primary thing that people hated about McCain and Palin is that they stood for traditional values.

It isn't that they lie more than Obama, because nobody possibly could (except perhaps Hillary Clinton)...they hate them because they deliberately represent the good qualities of Americans...I mean, nobody's perfect, but that's the image they project. I mean, a mom from Alaska with a working man's education, teenagers and a disabled kid...who goes to CHURCH and always has...and a former POW who I don't believe anyone would contest he really does want what's best for America. I mean, he might not be RIGHT, but there's no question of McCain ever intentionally selling us out.

That assurance is why progressives hate them, as they hate America.

We have no such assurance with the Clintons and the Obamas of the world. They will, and have, sold us out. They could care less about America except as an object to tyrannize.

Forum List

Back