I was wrong... the health of the mother is not valid for an abortion.

Everyone knows what happens in a late term abortion. The baby is rotated inside the mother's womb to cause a "breach birth" where the feet emerge first. It has to be painful and dangerous and there is no medical reason for it. When Clinton vetoed the late term abortion bill he paraded a lineup of women who claimed that their health was in jeopardy but that can't be true. You don't need to have a medical degree to determine that a "normal" birth would have saved the baby's life and would have been easier and less dangerous for the mother. How can anyone defend the late term abortion procedure from a medical standpoint?
Late term abortions are rare, strictly regulated and almost always for the mother's life, serious health issues, or severe fetal deformities.

What is indefensible about that?
13000 a year? Sure thing, who decided they were medically needed? Why the abortion doctors did of course.
Who should decide? A bunch of strange men who know nothing about them?
A certified Doctor that has no business associated with abortions.

Why would having "no business associated with abortions" be a better candidate? Why would this person be more trusted by a woman? The doctors in Ireland let a woman die. The loss of her life led to the change of law in Ireland.

I still think there need to be exceptions even in the third trimester - the mother's life/serious health complications, fatal birth defects.

See my post above. The notion that any pregnancy besides ectopic pregnancies must be aborted to safeguard the mother's life is a myth, a lie, the political hysteria, the demagoguery of the infanticidal left. Perhaps in the near future medical technology will advance to the point where we can safely and successfully transplant a fertilized ovum lodged in the fallopian tubes, but we're not there yet. An ectopic pregnancy cannot come to term, and must be terminated via a chemically induced abortion.. It is the only pregnancy that must be aborted for the sake of the mother's health, to save her life. The baby cannot be saved.

"Problematic pregnancies" of the second or third trimester, which are rare, are typically due to complications set off by the pregnancy or by viral or bacterial infections acquired during pregnancy. In every instance, it is actually safer, certainly for the child, but also for the mother, to end the pregnancy via C-section or induced labor, wherein the more developed the baby, the better chance it has to survive outside the womb. You save the life of the mother, the baby may or may not survive. It is never necessary to kill it.

Everyone knows what happens in a late term abortion. The baby is rotated inside the mother's womb to cause a "breach birth" where the feet emerge first. It has to be painful and dangerous and there is no medical reason for it. When Clinton vetoed the late term abortion bill he paraded a lineup of women who claimed that their health was in jeopardy but that can't be true. You don't need to have a medical degree to determine that a "normal" birth would have saved the baby's life and would have been easier and less dangerous for the mother. How can anyone defend the late term abortion procedure from a medical standpoint?
Late term abortions are rare, strictly regulated and almost always for the mother's life, serious health issues, or severe fetal deformities.

13000 a year? Sure thing, who decided they were medically needed? Why the abortion doctors did of course.

Why would having "no business associated with abortions" be a better candidate? Why would this person be more trusted by a woman? The doctors in Ireland let a woman die. The loss of her life led to the change of law in Ireland.
An abortion doctor has a vested INTEREST in DOING an abortion you know that I know that and it is a conflict of interest. Most states say 24 weeks is cut off yet we have 11000 to 13000 late term abortions a year. I wonder how many were because an ABORTION doctor claimed something that simply wasn't true.

the scope of the discussion is when is it moral to murder an innocent child,,,

I leave morals out of it.

The Constitution is the law of the land.

Therefore the debate should be more about what abortions (if any) can be defended Constitutionally. Or not.

That's my take on it, anyway. I'm not butthurt about it when others disagree.

so if the constitution said we could kill a person up to 5 yrs old you would be OK with it

sorry but the constitution only works for a moral society,,,

Let's work with what we have.

The Constitution is the law of the land.

It says that all persons have a right to their life and to the equal protections of our laws. (pretty fucking inclusive.)

Do you think that needs to be changed?

If so, the onus is on you to change it.
Roe v Wade is based on a (faulty) decision by the Supreme Court that found the "right to privacy" that justified abortion but had no basis on Constitutional law. All conservatives are looking for today is to outlaw the barbaric late term abortion procedure that authorizes the murder of full term infants so close to life.

No. It is the truth. We are talking about maternity mortality rates. They have been been going up in this country and are much higher than for abortions.

Every successful abortion results in the death of an innocent child. That's a 100% mortality rate. Under the very worst conditions, live births don't come anywhere close to that.

After reading all you wrote, your [sic] against banning all safe abortions as well…

There is no such thing as a “safe abortion”. Every successful abortion KILLS an innocent human being. Every successful abortion causes death. There is no honest way to reconcile the hard facts about abortion with any rational concept of “safe”.

An abortion doctor has a vested INTEREST in DOING an abortion you know that I know that and it is a conflict of interest. Most states say 24 weeks is cut off yet we have 11000 to 13000 late term abortions a year. I wonder how many were because an ABORTION doctor claimed something that simply wasn't true.

Not necessarily.

Many are also obstetricians who deliver live babies - abortions are not always an elective procedure, and the procedures of abortion are also many times the same as needed for a miscarriage.

The reality is this: the vast majority of abortions are early.

462-547.png

Only 1.3% of all abortions occur after 21 weeks.

Those are facts. Also, from the same source as the graph - abortion rates have been declining (thank you for better birth control) - and as of 2017 were lower than 1973.

After reading all you wrote, your [sic] against banning all safe abortions as well…

There is no such thing as a “safe abortion”. Every successful abortion KILLS an innocent human being. Every successful abortion causes death. There is no honest way to reconcile the hard facts about abortion with any rational concept of “safe”.

Yes. There is. If you value the woman's life.

Until birth - her rights are paramount. I will also agree that upon viability (which is usually agreed on as around 24 plus weeks) - that the fetus has no rights. I don't have an issue with restricting abortion rights in late term pregnancies. But the only people who can make the decision and, in fact, who have any RIGHT to make it are the woman and her doctor, who may or may not be the person providing the abortion. It's no one else's decision.

No. It is the truth. We are talking about maternity mortality rates. They have been been going up in this country and are much higher than for abortions.

Every successful abortion results in the death of an innocent child. That's a 100% mortality rate. Under the very worst conditions, live births don't come anywhere close to that.

And maternal mortality?

Does the mother's life mean NOTHING to you?

If my wife annoys me, I'm not allowed to kill her. No matter how annoying she gets.

Who decided this? Was this decision made by those who know my wife and me, and know the dynamics our our relationship? Or was this decision made by a bunch of strange men who know nothing about us?

I still think there need to be exceptions even in the third trimester - the mother's life/serious health complications, fatal birth defects.

See my post above. The notion that any pregnancy besides ectopic pregnancies must be aborted to safeguard the mother's life is a myth, a lie, the political hysteria, the demagoguery of the infanticidal left. Perhaps in the near future medical technology will advance to the point where we can safely and successfully transplant a fertilized ovum lodged in the fallopian tubes, but we're not there yet. An ectopic pregnancy cannot come to term, and must be terminated via a chemically induced abortion.. It is the only pregnancy that must be aborted for the sake of the mother's health, to save her life. The baby cannot be saved.

Is it a lie? Can you prove it? Are you willing to make all late term abortions illegal based on it? Are you willing the say the woman's life is LESS THAN the fetus? Cause that is what it sounds like.

And...um...since you anti-choices want zero abortions I assume you are lining up to adopt all these kids, implant embryo's into your uterus's and take on the unwanted lives you insist must be saved? You'll help the teen mother finish school, provide child care help and parental education? You will insist that her employer not fire her for needing time off for a baby and you'll also pay for her health insurance and associated birth costs if she has none, right? Or...umh...does your concern end at birth?

"Problematic pregnancies" of the second or third trimester, which are rare, are typically due to complications set off by the pregnancy or by viral or bacterial infections acquired during pregnancy. In every instance, it is actually safer, certainly for the child, but also for the mother, to end the pregnancy via C-section or induced labor, wherein the more developed the baby, the better chance it has to survive outside the womb. You save the life of the mother, the baby may or may not survive. It is never necessary to kill it.

Which is exactly why the so-called claim by the right that leftist support abortion up to birth is false. Once the fetus is viable, 24 weeks and up - the most common IS woman's life, severe health risks or severe fetal deformities (as in they will likely die at or soon after birth). This is EXACTLY why politicians have no business in this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-p...s-late-term-abortions-law-women-who-get-them/
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) refuted that idea in a statement released this week, stating that pregnant women may experience conditions such as “premature rupture of membranes and infection, preeclampsia, placental abruption, and placenta accreta” late in pregnancy that may endanger their lives.

“Women in these circumstances may risk extensive blood loss, stroke, and septic shock that could lead to maternal death. Politicians must never require a doctor to wait for a medical condition to worsen and become life-threatening before being able to provide evidence-based care to their patients, including an abortion,” the ACOG said.

You're just being dishonest.

The overwhelming vast cases of unborn children being murdered in cold blood were not done so under circumstances where their mother's life was in danger because of them. There is no honest basis for your implication, here, that valuing the life of the mother means one must be OK with murdering an innocent child.

If my wife annoys me, I'm not allowed to kill her. No matter how annoying she gets.

Who decided this? Was this decision made by those who know my wife and me, and know the dynamics our our relationship? Or was this decision made by a bunch of strange men who know nothing about us?

Does your wife exist within your body?

You're just being dishonest.

The overwhelming vast cases of unborn children being murdered in cold blood were not done so under circumstances where their mother's life was in danger because of them. There is no honest basis for your implication, here, that valuing the life of the mother means one must be OK with murdering an innocent child.

No. I'm 100% accurate. Which is more important - the mother's life? Or the child's?

You actually believe that a doctor has a vested financial interest in the outcome and this is what drives a doctor's decision-making? I think that you are a car mechanic or a plumber who has never seen the inside of an ER or a labor and delivery room. You might handle trucks or something.[/QUOTE]

The reason is - there is no 100% cut off. If abortion became illegal after 24 weeks, women could die or be forced to carry to term fetus' with severe (life ending) birth defects. That is the fundamental reason why it should not be ILLEGAL, but restricted. Few states allow elective abortion after viability without good reason such as I stated. And I have no problem with that. I fully support easy access to birth control and early abortion if needed, and restrictions on late term. But always - the mother's life should be most important.

Well, that's certainly what your masters told you to believe, anyway.

What does belief have to do with anything? I stick with the facts lady.

Forum List

Back