I was wrong... the health of the mother is not valid for an abortion.

You never heard that. I find it odd how many state something they know isn't true and try and justify it with "as I've heard".

You never heard this.

'Here you go asshole:

Fetal Development
Babies develop lungs before they are born, but while still in the womb they do not breathe air. The lungs begin as tiny buds that lengthen into the branches of the airways by 16 weeks gestation. By 28 weeks gestation, tiny sacs known as alveoli are developing and surfactant is excreted. Surfactant lubricates the lung tissue and promotes elasticity for better oxygen exchange after delivery.

Sorry, where does that state that a fetus is not viable until the 7th month? Don't go calling people names unless you are prepared to back up what was said. This does not.

"viability": Pregnancy: Second Trimester Community - Support Group

That says 23-24 weeks. 23 weeks is even before 6 months.

You do realize that "viable" is a construct to engage in communication of ideas. There is no "viable" time set in stone. It is ALL opinion. Some countries don't consider a fetus to be viable until 27 or 28 weeks because they don't have the neonatal facilities to handle babies born earlier.

So - pick a week or don't - it's all up to you. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion on this issue.

Yes, but everyone isn't allowed to have their own facts . . . which is where your whole "I'm going to swoop in and declare what is right to others in my holy opinion, and they'll be awestruck" plan ran afoul.

YOU started out with making declarative statements on the basis of your opinion about viability, and when you got challenged on the facts, you cringed back and started whining, "It's just a word. Define it however you like."

Don't exactly have the courage of your convictions, do you? It's almost like you didn't really give the issue any thought at all, but just figured you'd spout off about your feelings and get applauded.

Sorry, where does that state that a fetus is not viable until the 7th month? Don't go calling people names unless you are prepared to back up what was said. This does not.

"viability": Pregnancy: Second Trimester Community - Support Group

That says 23-24 weeks. 23 weeks is even before 6 months.

You do realize that "viable" is a construct to engage in communication of ideas. There is no "viable" time set in stone. It is ALL opinion. Some countries don't consider a fetus to be viable until 27 or 28 weeks because they don't have the neonatal facilities to handle babies born earlier.

So - pick a week or don't - it's all up to you. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion on this issue.

So you heard this in some third world country?

No - it was an opinion piece. All articles that address viability are an opinion piece. There is no "Right" answer.

Has a lot to do with the fact that "viability" is a subjective smokescreen pro-aborts latched onto to fool themselves and others.

Watching Schumer threaten SCOTUS judges if they rule against Roe VS Wade made me wonder about my own knowledge regarding my position... abortion OK only in case of health of money, rape or incest.
I am wrong!
Even in 1981, former Surgeon General of the United States Dr. C. Everett Koop said, “The fact of the matter is that abortion as a necessity to save the life of the mother is so rare as to be nonexistent.”

But as former abortionist Dr. Anthony Levatino has affirmed on the record:
During my time at Albany Medical Center I managed hundreds of such cases by “terminating” pregnancies to save mother’s lives. In all those cases, the number of unborn children that I had to deliberately kill was zero.
What Percentage of Abortions Are Medically Necessary?

But the biased MSM has never shared that with us.
Consequently since 1973 over 61,781,054 lives were destroyed.
Think about that...what baby among those 62 million could have discovered cures for cancer? Or made other fantastic contributions...all because a woman wasn't responsible enough.
Number of Abortions in US & Worldwide - Number of abortions since 1973

Just consider that: 46% of all abortions were performed on women who had one or more abortions before!
Think about it... There is an excuse for first timers... but 2nd, or 3 or more previous abortions?

Planned Parenthood Turns 99 Today: Has Killed 7 Million Babies in Abortions
I agree it's rare for an abortion to be necessary for the mother's health, but I firmly believe the mother is entitled to the right of self defense. Even from her child.

Before you do the Superman pose and wait for applause for your "courageous" statement in favor of your asinine hypothetical, maybe you could name us a specific occasion when a woman would need "the right of self-defense from her child". Be specific.

Watching Schumer threaten SCOTUS judges if they rule against Roe VS Wade made me wonder about my own knowledge regarding my position... abortion OK only in case of health of money, rape or incest.
I am wrong!
Even in 1981, former Surgeon General of the United States Dr. C. Everett Koop said, “The fact of the matter is that abortion as a necessity to save the life of the mother is so rare as to be nonexistent.”

During my time at Albany Medical Center I managed hundreds of such cases by “terminating” pregnancies to save mother’s lives. In all those cases, the number of unborn children that I had to deliberately kill was zero.

Think about that...what baby among those 62 million could have discovered cures for cancer? Or made other fantastic contributions...all because a woman wasn't responsible enough.

Just consider that: 46% of all abortions were performed on women who had one or more abortions before!
Think about it... There is an excuse for first timers... but 2nd, or 3 or more previous abortions?

One former Doctor who was an abortionist stated that in terms of an abortion.....giving birth is safer.....since you have to inject drugs into the woman to get her to dilate so you can get the pieces of the dead baby out.....

Well, since childbirth doesn't generally involve poisons or sharp implements being inserted into bodily orifices, I'm going to say this is self-evident.

I am wrong!

You’re clearly unfamiliar with biology. Failure of birth control doesn’t care whether you’ve been pregnant before or not. Having no opportunity to use birth control because the sex is coercive or criminal also doesn’t have anything to do with whether it’s happened before.

You’re clearly choosing to assume that unwanted pregnancies are the fault of the woman alone and that she always has a choice about sex and about access to birth control. You’re a misogynist, just admit it.

So your position is that most abortions are the result of forced, unwanted sex, and to assume that most women who get pregnant actually wanted to have sex is "misogynistic"?

The 1800s called, and they'd like their archaic views on women back, please.

I am wrong!

One former Doctor who was an abortionist stated that in terms of an abortion.....giving birth is safer.....since you have to inject drugs into the woman to get her to dilate so you can get the pieces of the dead baby out.....
I am wrong!

That is total bullshit, which is why you can’t provide a substantive citation to support that assertion. Abortion is far safer for women medically than the much, much higher risks of serious complications and death that full term pregnancy and childbirth pose.

Can you prove it without citing a "study" or article that badly misrepresents the statistics?

Any significant societal decision to be made in any way regarding abortion should be made by an exclusively female base. Let's put women's choice to the test and let only women vote, in any process that is made by vote.

You sure do shoot your mouth of a lot for a man who thinks only women should weigh in on abortion.

Why don't you lead by example and put a sock in it?

What is more painful to the being, birth as a clearly vital baby or aspiration at the stage of a tadpole?

Stop me if you've heard this quote before: "Any significant societal decision to be made in any way regarding abortion should be made by an exclusively female base."

You should take that guy's advice and stop yapping.

Everyone knows what happens in a late term abortion. The baby is rotated inside the mother's womb to cause a "breach birth" where the feet emerge first. It has to be painful and dangerous and there is no medical reason for it. When Clinton vetoed the late term abortion bill he paraded a lineup of women who claimed that their health was in jeopardy but that can't be true. You don't need to have a medical degree to determine that a "normal" birth would have saved the baby's life and would have been easier and less dangerous for the mother. How can anyone defend the late term abortion procedure from a medical standpoint?
Late term abortions are rare, strictly regulated and almost always for the mother's life, serious health issues, or severe fetal deformities.

What is indefensible about that?
13000 a year? Sure thing, who decided they were medically needed? Why the abortion doctors did of course.
Who should decide? A bunch of strange men who know nothing about them?
A certified Doctor that has no business associated with abortions.

What is more painful to the being, birth as a clearly vital baby or aspiration at the stage of a tadpole?

Stop me if you've heard this quote before: "Any significant societal decision to be made in any way regarding abortion should be made by an exclusively female base."

"Stop me if you've heard this..." O.K., stop.

I am wrong!

Planned Parenthood has killed no babies.

And why no mention of the man in the equation?

Why no mention that Pol Pot could have been one of the those born children that the right right ignores?

Better yet, how many of the zygotes have you adopted?

While you were throwing every page of the "Abortion Deflection Handbook" at us, you forgot to include this:

th

We do want to be thorough.

Everyone knows what happens in a late term abortion. The baby is rotated inside the mother's womb to cause a "breach birth" where the feet emerge first. It has to be painful and dangerous and there is no medical reason for it. When Clinton vetoed the late term abortion bill he paraded a lineup of women who claimed that their health was in jeopardy but that can't be true. You don't need to have a medical degree to determine that a "normal" birth would have saved the baby's life and would have been easier and less dangerous for the mother. How can anyone defend the late term abortion procedure from a medical standpoint?
Late term abortions are rare, strictly regulated and almost always for the mother's life, serious health issues, or severe fetal deformities.

What is indefensible about that?

Well, that's certainly what your masters told you to believe, anyway.

The intent of so-called late term abortions aka partial birth abortions has nothing to do with the mother's health. An induced birth would save the baby's life and be easier on the mother. The intent is to kill a full term baby within the constraints of the legal system. The reason they turn the baby around in the womb is because some legal genius determined that the baby is not technically born and does not have the right to life and liberty while a couple of inches of it's head remain in the womb. Abortion butchers are legally permitted to stab the baby in the back of the head and suck it's brain out without fear of legal recrimination.

Where do you get this shit from? No person would carry a fetus to full term and then decide to abort it. What you are saying is just not logical.

Clearly, thousands of people would.

According to the Guttmacher Institute, 1.3% of abortions are performed at greater than 21 weeks. If you use their numbers (for 2017) of 862,320 abortions, that would be over 11,000 abortions past 21 weeks for that year.

You need to go argue with Guttmacher, not us.

So does that mean you're going to live what you preach?

So does that mean you're going to live what you preach?
Preaching is left to others. Opinion, observation and stating are different.
Now you know.

Forum List

Back