I Will Never Forget or Forgive

There were such incidents, but not every vet was spit on, lol.

I guess because not every vet was spit on, you.ve decided to classify that as urban legend, huh?

roflmao

I did two tours there (not my choice), came home and worn my uniform as friends did while on leave in NYC , no one was spit on. Vietnam was fiasco and a criminal war based on lies the same as the Iraq war, all wars since WWII were a wars of convenience and profited no one expect the military industrial complex . Most servicemen I served with knew the war was a crock of shit base on lies, the only ones who loved it were the lifers.

I find most pro war flag waving arm chair generals never served in a war one much less the military

As soon as I got out myself and others join this great organization

Vietnam Veterans Against the War

Exactly. Those the ex-GIs should never forgive are the ones who sent them there in the first place, not the war protesters.

Absolutely

The war mongers lied and wrapped themselves in the flag so they could send more and more boys into a useless war

Yet, they save their wrath for Jane Fonda

This never happened either, she should have been charged with treason.

Hanoi_Jane.jpg

For what?

Taking a picture?

Criticizing US actions in Vietnam?

That's not treason.

Colluding with the enemy and selling them weapons..IS TREASON.

Like Reagan did.

She sympathized with the enemy, and should forever be viewed as a war traitor.

She sympathized with an invaded and hurt people.
America is half a world from Vietnam, a country that never posed any threat to America, so you should never have been anywhere near the place.

For what?

Taking a picture?

That's not treason.

Like Reagan did.

She sympathized with the enemy, and should forever be viewed as a war traitor.

She sympathized with an invaded and hurt people.
America is half a world from Vietnam, a country that never posed any threat to America, so you should never have been anywhere near the place.

That said, once the fighting starts you don't cross the line and fraternize with the enemy.
Save your protesting for back home where you'll get much more respect, and you'll be taken more seriously.

I did two tours there (not my choice), came home and worn my uniform as friends did while on leave in NYC , no one was spit on. Vietnam was fiasco and a criminal war based on lies the same as the Iraq war, all wars since WWII were a wars of convenience and profited no one expect the military industrial complex . Most servicemen I served with knew the war was a crock of shit base on lies, the only ones who loved it were the lifers.

I find most pro war flag waving arm chair generals never served in a war one much less the military

As soon as I got out myself and others join this great organization

Vietnam Veterans Against the War

Exactly. Those the ex-GIs should never forgive are the ones who sent them there in the first place, not the war protesters.

Absolutely

The war mongers lied and wrapped themselves in the flag so they could send more and more boys into a useless war

Yet, they save their wrath for Jane Fonda

And she deserved it. And yes, Kennedy and LBJ did wrap themselves in the flag.

^^^In fact, what all war protesters did, as a whole, was end the war sooner than later. Less people (including soldiers) were hurt, less people (including soldiers) were dead.

Last edited:
^^^In fact, what all war protesters did, as a whole, was end the war sooner than later. Less people (including soldiers) were hurt, less people (including soldiers) were dead.

And it would have happened anyway, without Fonda taking it to a traitorous level.

Some of us know even more than what she did. Some of us have lost the line between myth and reality. We got us an OP who will never forget something that never even took place.

To paraphrase Voltaire, if this place did not exist it would be necessary for Lewis Carroll to invent it.

Still doesn't get it.

Can you support that? I know it's a popular belief but Nixon won during the height of the protest frenzy.

I think the real reason is that politicians tried to run the war instead of letting the military do what it needed to do. It drug out, too many lives were lost so like Iraq people grew weary of it. Nixon bombed the north into a peace treaty and we pulled out. Congress cut fundung substantially and we renegged on our promise to the south when the north invaded two years later.

The war protesters were like the contemporay occupy protesters. Fun to watch, made themselves feel good but changed nothing.

Can you support that? I know it's a popular belief but Nixon won during the height of the protest frenzy.

I think the real reason is that politicians tried to run the war instead of letting the military do what it needed to do. It drug out, too many lives were lost so like Iraq people grew weary of it. Nixon bombed the north into a peace treaty and we pulled out. Congress cut fundung substantially and we renegged on our promise to the south when the north invaded two years later.

The war protesters were like the contemporay occupy protesters. Fun to watch, made themselves feel good but changed nothing.

The politicians lost the support of the people

It was the protesters who started it and their protests became more mainstream. At first it was portrayed as just a bunch of kids who did not want to fight for their country ultimately, it became parents questioning why their sons had died

Without the protests we would have marched forward like we had for five years. My country right or wrong, we will have victory by Christmas, 100,000 more troops and we can win this thing

It was the protesters who were right all along....What are we fighting for?

Lol, that is such a ridiculous lie, you fucking bitch.

Expanded veterans benefits bill fails over GOP's budget-busting objections - Washington Times (A right wing site)

Democrats’ plans to expand education and health benefits for veterans died in the Senate on Thursday after Republicans blocked the bill for not having a funding source and thus busting the budget all sides agreed to just two months ago.

Sen. Bernard Sanders, Vermont independent and chairman of the Veterans Affairs Committee, vowed to try again later. But without finding substantial spending cuts elsewhere, it’s unclear he’ll have any better luck.

“I don’t know why we have a Congress, why we pass laws that say we’re only going to spend so much money and then we waltz in a few weeks later and spend billions more than we agreed to and, oh, we’ll just waive the budget we just passed,” said Sen. Jeff Sessions of Alabama, who led the Republican resistance.

Two Republicans did vote with 54 Democrats, but that left them still four votes shy of the 60 needed to waive the budget and advance the bill.

I made it big so you'll see it, feeble brained toe licker. Now, kindly go fuck yourself.

Voting to stop a particular bill that would expand some benefits is not DENYING them current benefits which you implied.

now go fuck yourself, you damned liar.

Hey, brat. ;) Just checking up on you, hope all is well.

Carry on. :thup:

The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot. The pilot's name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat. In 1968, the former Commandant of the USAF Survival School was a POW in Ho Lo Prison, the "Hanoi Hilton."

Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean PJ's, he was ordered to describe for a visiting American "peace activist" the "lenient and humane treatment" he'd received. He spat at Ms. Fonda, was clubbed, and was dragged away. During the subsequent beating, he fell forward onto the camp commandant 's feet, which sent that officer berserk.

In 1978, the Air Force Colonel still suffered from double vision (which permanently ended his flying career) from the commandant's frenzied application of a wooden baton.

From 1963-65, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4E's). He spent 6 years in the "Hanoi Hilton". . . the first three of which his family only knew he was "missing in action." His wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group, too, got the cleaned-up, fed and clothed routine in preparation for a "peace delegation" visit.

They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they were alive and still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his Social Security number on it, in the palm of his hand. When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like: "Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?" and "Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?" Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper.

She took them all without missing a beat. . . At the end of the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs, she turned to the officer in charge and handed him all the little pieces of paper...

Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Colonel Carrigan was almost number four but he survived, which is the only reason we know of her actions that day.

This is a myth. The things she did were bad enough without making up more.

Hanoi_Jane.jpg

Yes, she should have. So should Jim McDermitt when he went to Iraq and said he believed our president would lie to us. He's perfectly free to say whatever he wants at home, but you don't go to the country of the enemy and take their side. This is what Jane did wrong and yet no one seems to blame Jim.

The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot. The pilot's name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat. In 1968, the former Commandant of the USAF Survival School was a POW in Ho Lo Prison, the "Hanoi Hilton."

Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean PJ's, he was ordered to describe for a visiting American "peace activist" the "lenient and humane treatment" he'd received. He spat at Ms. Fonda, was clubbed, and was dragged away. During the subsequent beating, he fell forward onto the camp commandant 's feet, which sent that officer berserk.

In 1978, the Air Force Colonel still suffered from double vision (which permanently ended his flying career) from the commandant's frenzied application of a wooden baton.

From 1963-65, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4E's). He spent 6 years in the "Hanoi Hilton". . . the first three of which his family only knew he was "missing in action." His wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group, too, got the cleaned-up, fed and clothed routine in preparation for a "peace delegation" visit.

They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they were alive and still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his Social Security number on it, in the palm of his hand. When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like: "Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?" and "Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?" Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper.

She took them all without missing a beat. . . At the end of the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs, she turned to the officer in charge and handed him all the little pieces of paper...

Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Colonel Carrigan was almost number four but he survived, which is the only reason we know of her actions that day.

This has already been disproven on these boards.

Hanoi_Jane.jpg

For what?

Taking a picture?

That's not treason.

Like Reagan did.

Doing propaganda photos with the enemy is a treasonable offense. It's called giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

Forum List

Back