I wonder how many wind turbines and solar panels are working under 40 inches of snow. Yeah, you heard right, 3ft 4 inches of snow.

Here in Wisconsin, multi-panel installations tilt. What happens to the snow? What is the wattage involved in the tilting process?

I would not, I would look at it like a device that relies on a varying, intermittent source of power that will attempt to move around anything in it's path.

That is the wind, intermittent, or does not blow for hours. Wind changes direction constantly. Wind which has a varying speed, always.
Wind at the height of the airfoils is generally steadier than at ground level. That's why they build them so tall.

So let me get this straight. 40 inches of snow on the solar panels, thus zero wattage output, what power is going to the robot?
Considering low angle needed to capture winter sunlight it's doubtful that much snow would accumulate on the panels.

Wind at the height of the airfoils is generally steadier than at ground level. That's why they build them so tall.
yet, we were told, the 70' wind turbines was the answer
then we were told, and built 150' wind turbines

all the 150' wind turbines fail, now they are 300' tall

But guess what, 300" tall does not work! 500' 600' 700' 800', nope

900' tall

There is wind at 900' but not at the level of the ground? Of course, we must take the scientists word at that.

And we must forget, the extreme cost for a just a tiny bit of electricity created by the physically largest contraptions ever built by the government.

900' tall, pure stupidity

Considering low angle needed to capture winter sunlight it's doubtful that much snow would accumulate on the panels.
You must be a Joe Biden voter.

Bidenet.png

MSN If the blades of the windmills are frozen or caked with snow, and the solar panels cant see the light of day under all that snow, how many people are without power, thanks to the Joe Biden admin's push for renewable(non working) energy in this snowmaggedon? Can your EV handle all that cold and wind, while you not only have your car on, but the heater, lights and wipers all using up that precious electricity, that is now limiting your range, but hope you dont end up in a snowbank where you are stuck for hours. Might see some of that when the bitter cold(Not globull warming) is over.....
Some type of portable power station (Jackery, Generac, etc.) in each vehicle, nothing lower than 1000W. These will run an AC heating pad.

A Jackery 500, 240 or 160 will run an AC heating pad, though for decreasingly less times.

Some type of portable power station (Jackery, Generac, etc.) in each vehicle, nothing lower than 1000W. These will run an AC heating pad.
So you are saying that you have to use Fossil Fuels to clear the snow off so you can then use solar? Got it....

You must be a Joe Biden voter.

View attachment 867075
Using my 135 IQ I searched for news and pictures of a 40-plus inch snowfall covering solar panels to that depth. Nothing.
I did find these.

Last edited:
"Helicopter operators use a joystick to spray hot water on turbines to defrost ice or snow that’s collected on them to prevent dangerous fallout and impediments to wind turbine function. In preparation, water is heated in a tank with a 260kV oil burner the night before. The procedure then takes about 90 minutes to de-ice a wind turbine."
Well maybe that really works. For airplanes, they use a fluid designed to keep ice off the flight surfaces for a matter of minutes. I would expect the same from hot water and it leaves behind ice on the propellor. Some airplanes have deicing systems built into the vital surfaces to get rid of ice.

I found this:

The principle of the system is electro-thermal heating using electrically conductive fibre mats that are integrated into the rotor blade. A smart control system activates the heating to prevent the build-up of ice on critical parts of the blade.

Anti-icing and De-icing Technologies for Wind Turbines - IQPC​

Using my 135 IQ I searched for news and pictures of a 40-plus inch snowfall covering solar panels to that depth. Nothing.
I did find these.

Thanks for these links. Including tipping the panels, what is the cost per panel for a robot to do it? We have seen increased atmospheric photon capabilities occur in our late-fall/early winter readouts of solar-panel-recharged power stations such as Jackery 160 and 500.

Solar panels do store power in batteries for later use

in traditional regular power outage then you will also have no power in your home . Say like a snow storm cuts power for an area. Like that has never happen before prior to solar or wind power

Forum List

Back