I wonder how many wind turbines and solar panels are working under 40 inches of snow. Yeah, you heard right, 3ft 4 inches of snow.

I am talking about only a half brained fuck-wit expects solar and wind to provide energy 24/7/365

Are you a half brained fuck-wit?
I must be, to think you could of answered.

Solar and Wind are inefficient, to the point of being worthless.

Hence we got people such as yourself defending, junk.

Solar is bad in the snow, obviously.
Solar is bad in the winter, when the sun dont shine much.
Solar is bad in the winter as the sun is low in the sky
Solar is bad in the desert, due to the constant cleaning requiring millions of gallons of water
Solar does not work at night

Wind Turbines, dont work at night, and are maintenance nightmares
Wind Turbines speed constantly varies
Wind Turbines dont work when there is no wind

solar and wind are pure stupidity

Solar is bad in the snow, obviously.
Solar is bad in the winter, when the sun dont shine much.
Solar is bad in the winter as the sun is low in the sky
Solar is bad in the desert, due to the constant cleaning requiring millions of gallons of water
Solar does not work at night

Wind Turbines, dont work at night, and are maintenance nightmares
Wind Turbines speed constantly varies
Wind Turbines dont work when there is no wind

solar and wind are pure stupidity

That is why you determine the economics of solar and wind based on annual output not daily fluctuations.
Both feed a power grid that can compensate for daily fluctuations

That is why you determine the economics of solar and wind based on annual output not daily fluctuations.

The grid can only compensate with a large amount of reliable, dispatchable power like hydro, coal, natural gas or nuclear. Greentwats aren't big fans of any of those.

The grid can only compensate with a large amount of reliable, dispatchable power like hydro, coal, natural gas or nuclear. Greentwats aren't big fans of any of those.

Neither solar nor wind are expected to provide 100 percent of our power
They are expected to reduce our reliance on coal and oil

You must have heard that airplanes in icing weather must be sprayed with a deicer or the plane simply will not fly? So surely when windmills get iced, they too must be deiced or they too won't function.
"Helicopter operators use a joystick to spray hot water on turbines to defrost ice or snow that’s collected on them to prevent dangerous fallout and impediments to wind turbine function. In preparation, water is heated in a tank with a 260kV oil burner the night before. The procedure then takes about 90 minutes to de-ice a wind turbine."

Robot Cleans Solar Panels Without Water
sure, sometime in the future, robots will simply brush away the dust. And of course, no solor farm is designed to use robotic technology

and as if that is a solution to the overall problem, that solar provides a trickle of electricity for a great expense

Both feed a power grid that can compensate? Bull shit

Economics? Solar and Wind power are raising electric rates across the world. That is bad economics.

Everywhere in the world Solar and Wind companies have gone bankrupt or are subsidized by the governments to stay in business.

Both feed a power grid that can compensate? Bull shit

Economics? Solar and Wind power are raising electric rates across the world. That is bad economics.

Everywhere in the world Solar and Wind companies have gone bankrupt or are subsidized by the governments to stay in business.
Link

you made a claim you can not back up, where are your links!!!!!

LINK!
LINK!
and, this comment of yours, you need to show us how this is even remotely true, with LINKs!!!!!
They are expected to have a certain energy output for the year to be profitable

They easily do that

go ahead, you demand a link, great, you link first, you made the claims, prove them with links, I bet you dont, cause you cant, and you expect to worm out of your comments by challenging me, who is only demanding you prove you know a tiny bit about this

LINK!

LINK!

and, this comment of yours, you need to show us how this is even remotely true, with LINKs!!!!!

go ahead, you demand a link, great, you link first, you made the claims, prove them with links, I bet you dont, cause you cant, and you expect to worm out of your comments by challenging me, who is only demanding you prove you know a tiny bit about this
Still waiting for a link
Otherwise I must conclude you are making shit up

Still waiting for a link
Otherwise I must conclude you are making shit up

LINK!
LINK!
They are expected to have a certain energy output for the year to be profitable

They easily do that

LINK!

LINK!

Still no link

I must assume you made it up

Forum List

Back