ID law found discriminatory

How many times have I heard conservatives talk about how they are primarily guided by principle?

Well, what could be more principled than supporting the rights of all eligible Americans to go to the polls and vote without placing unwarranted roadblocks in front of voters which can only serve to disenfranchise countless eligible voters?

Maybe I asked the question the wrong way. I'll try again.

What could be more IMPORTANT than supporting the rights of all eligible Americans to go to the polls and vote without placing unwarranted roadblocks in front of voters which can only serve to disenfranchise countless eligible voters?

Helping to insure victory, perhaps? Regardless of what it takes?

Speaking for myself, I don't consider the id requirement a roadblock. It is incredibly easy to get the free one, especially given more than a year to get it.

It would be a roadblock for my mother. She's elderly, disabled, and hasn't driven for years. But people know who she is.

It would be a roadblock for many elderly voters and people who don't own cars, most of whom are probably poor and on fixed incomes.

And what about people who vote absentee ballot? Do they need to show ID too? Or should we do away with absentee ballots and force everyone to go to the polls?

To get on the voter rolls, you have to register and sign your name. What's wrong with using a someone's signature card, just like a bank uses in order to give someone access to their safety deposit box?

so if they cannot get out to the dmv, how do they get out to vote? ye old democratic voting van?

you are speaking of an infinitesimal number of people....and, they are jurisdictions that will come to them....and , its free.

Speaking for myself, I don't consider the id requirement a roadblock. It is incredibly easy to get the free one, especially given more than a year to get it.

It would be a roadblock for my mother. She's elderly, disabled, and hasn't driven for years. But people know who she is.

It would be a roadblock for many elderly voters and people who don't own cars, most of whom are probably poor and on fixed incomes.

And what about people who vote absentee ballot? Do they need to show ID too? Or should we do away with absentee ballots and force everyone to go to the polls?

To get on the voter rolls, you have to register and sign your name. What's wrong with using a someone's signature card, just like a bank uses in order to give someone access to their safety deposit box?

so if they cannot get out to the dmv, how do they get out to vote? ye old democratic voting van?

you are speaking of an infinitesimal number of people....and, they are jurisdictions that will come to them....and , its free.

Hate to say it, been faced with it myself (forgive me for having personal experience), but if they are that far gone, do they even know that they are voting? If not, who is casting that vote for them? Bedridden, in a nursing home?

Hate to say it, been faced with it myself (forgive me for having personal experience), but if they are that far gone, do they even know that they are voting? If not, who is casting that vote for them? Bedridden, in a nursing home?
My MIL is in a nursing home,; she decided her experience would be one of helping others, she's been in 10 years, but she's still alert though she can't straighten her back as well as she used to. I have no idea which way she votes, but since her mind and person are still engaged, she should continue to vote.

You're right, though. They know when they no longer wish to vote, or if they get too bad off, they will usually indicate their preference. At that time, it's only fair to let the voting lapse, not substitute somebody else's opinionary into who she should or should not vote for in their better interest or kickback from a corrupt voting precinct person.

I'm really disappointed that fraud is so rampant these days. There are so many lawsuits, it tells me people's word is not always their bond anymore, and that's dismal.

Last edited:

My MIL is in a nursing home,; she decided her experience would be one of helping others, she's been in 10 years, but she's still alert though she can't straighten her back as well as she used to. I have no idea which way she votes, but since her mind and person are still engaged, she should continue to vote.

You're right, though. They know when they no longer wish to vote, or if they get too bad off, they will usually indicate their preference. At that time, it's only fair to let the voting lapse, not substitute somebody else's opinionary into who she should or should not vote for in their better interest or kickback from a corrupt voting precinct person.

I'm really disappointed that fraud is so rampant these days. There are so many lawsuits, it tells me people's word is not always their bond anymore, and that's dismal.

Seems that your MIL might just still be able to figure out how to vote without going to a polling location. It doesn't matter which way she votes, that being her prerogative. The pity is, if someone takes that away from her and casts her vote otherwise.

How many times have I heard conservatives talk about how they are primarily guided by principle?

Well, what could be more principled than supporting the rights of all eligible Americans to go to the polls and vote without placing unwarranted roadblocks in front of voters which can only serve to disenfranchise countless eligible voters?

What could be more IMPORTANT than supporting the rights of all eligible Americans to go to the polls and vote without placing unwarranted roadblocks in front of voters which can only serve to disenfranchise countless eligible voters?

She would get it the same way that unregistered voters with no means to travel both register and vote. Some group or the home would take her. Or perhaps, YOUR lazy ASS. How did she get medicare without ID?

and you prove someone is an 'eligible American', and is entitled to vote how?

By requiring they provide identification at the polling place.

But do we really know who you are? Are you fingerprinted at birth, photo ID? When does your identification really begin? Kindergarten, grade school or is it when you officially apply for a SSN?

My birthcertificate had footprints on in, my kids had both hand and footprints on them.

South Carolina voter ID law rejected by Justice Department - latimes.com

Reporting from Washington— The Obama administration's civil rights office is stepping up its fight with the Southern states over voting rights, announcing it will block a new South Carolina law that would require voters to show a government-issued photo identification before casting a ballot.

The Justice Department invoked the Voting Rights Act on Friday and said the new photo-identification rule could deny the right to vote for tens of thousands of blacks and other minorities.

"According to the state's statistics, there are 81,938 minority citizens who are already registered to vote and who lack DMV-issued identification," Thomas E. Perez, the chief of the department's civil rights division, said in a letter to South Carolina officials. He referred to a driver's license issued by the state Department of Motor Vehicles, the most common form of photo identification.

Stunner

The left run Fed government shits on states rights, again, based on assumptions, again.

Are you out of your fuckin' mind? My mother, like probably hundreds of thousands of other elderly people, is bed ridden. The only place to get a license (which she doesn't friggin' need) is in another town about 12 miles away.

It's not only a hardship for my mother and our family. It's a danger to her health and well-being.

Then how does she get to the polls and stand in line for hours? I know, you cast her vote for her, right? If they can't make it to the DMV, then they can't make it to the polls. What's the diff?

Every argument offered against requiring voters to show proper ID is not just wrong, they are downright retarded. Only the terminally gullible fall for this horse manure.

Last edited:
Are you out of your fuckin' mind? My mother, like probably hundreds of thousands of other elderly people, is bed ridden. The only place to get a license (which she doesn't friggin' need) is in another town about 12 miles away.

It's not only a hardship for my mother and our family. It's a danger to her health and well-being.

The how does she get to the polls and stand in line for hours? I know, you cast her vote for her, right? I they can't make it to the DMV, then they can't make it to the polls. What's the diff?

Every argument offered against requiring voters to show proper ID is not just wrong, they are downright retarded. Only the terminally gullible fall for this horse manure.

Back off a bit, Britpat. Most invalids vote via absentee ballot, Though, if momma is voting as an absentee, she doesn't need to worry about an ID card.

What about it, Mustang? Does your mom vote in person or by absentee ballot?
If, by absentee, Britpat has a point. If she can go out to vote, she can go out to get an ID
If she votes by absentee, you have no skin in the game and voter ID is not a problem for her. You're only dragging your mom into the discussion as a tool to leverage your agenda.

It’s incumbent upon states to remove voting hurtles, not erect new ones.
so getting a photo ID must be a motherfucker to some people.....can these same people go outside by themselves without help?......just askin.....

Democrats are telling us in a round about sort of way that their constituents are a bunch of idiots who sit and drool on themselves and are incapable of doing even the most basic things on their own. While that may be true with many, the real reason behind this is that it will reveal the extent of corruption at the voting polls.

They don't like documentation because it makes cheating more difficult. This is the same group who finds it unnecessary to read bills before voting on them, unless they suspect a Republican of adding some job creation to it. The Dems bought us no-docs loans and gave licenses (and motor voter registration) to illegals. They'd like that in all states, but till then no one is allowed to ask for ID. Even criminals arrested for violent crimes are allowed to keep their status secret.

I wish the majority of people would treat Obamacare and any other stupid law they pass just the same as the government treats our immigration laws.

The government forgot who they work for. They aren't damned dictators.

If the majority of people want secure borders and some kind of assurance that the illegals here won't vote, then they need to listen. It's bad enough that illegals have stolen millions of identities and social security numbers. That is why the Dems don't want to insist on documentation. It's a mess and they know it. Any effort to sort this out will bring out the truth about how our government panders to illegals even though it harms citizens. As long as they can hold onto their power, nothing else matters.

Reporting from Washington— The Obama administration's civil rights office is stepping up its fight with the Southern states over voting rights, announcing it will block a new South Carolina law that would require voters to show a government-issued photo identification before casting a ballot.

The Justice Department invoked the Voting Rights Act on Friday and said the new photo-identification rule could deny the right to vote for tens of thousands of blacks and other minorities.

"According to the state's statistics, there are 81,938 minority citizens who are already registered to vote and who lack DMV-issued identification," Thomas E. Perez, the chief of the department's civil rights division, said in a letter to South Carolina officials. He referred to a driver's license issued by the state Department of Motor Vehicles, the most common form of photo identification.

Wouldn't a "finding" have to be handed down by the courts? All that's happened so far is that the DOJ has brought suit against South Carolina. The fact that the Holder Department of Justice thinks requiring photo ID is a "civil rights violation" isn't surprising given the history of that organization since Holder took over.

Seems that your MIL might just still be able to figure out how to vote without going to a polling location. It doesn't matter which way she votes, that being her prerogative. The pity is, if someone takes that away from her and casts her vote otherwise.

State Social Services are obligated to tend to nursing home residents right to vote. They hand carry ballots to residents and and carry the sealed, signed ballots back to the polling station.

Sure....dumbfuck.

Someone can't get an ID card to vote once they are 18.

Let's see....males are REQUIRED to sign up for the draft when they are 18, so they could get an ID too that day out of their miserable life.

Oh, but you're going to claim teens don't have driver's licenses.

Granny doesn't have one? Does she get social security checks? Didn't she prove her identity to get that SS card? Eh, asshole?

People that can go get their welfare checks can't also get issued a state ID????

You're full of shit, you just want illegals and criminals to vote because they are typically like you, a dumbfuck piece of shit that likes Democrat handouts.

Money, travel time and things like people being born at home.

You are the one who pretends its about being not good enough of an American to be allowed to vote

So let me see if I understand the "logic" here...

Mustang is concerned because he thinks requiring photo ID will disenfranchise his elderly mother...and is a plot by the GOP to suppress the elderly Democratic vote?

Only one problem here, Kiddies...by a large margin, people over 65 vote Republican...not Democrat. So the GOP is trying to suppress the vote of one of their strongest demographics? Or is it your contention that elderly Republicans are somehow "hardier" than their Democratic counterparts and more able to get to the DMV? I've got to be honest with you...strings like this one make me laugh out loud when I read some of the "non-logic" that is employed.

It is discriminatory against illegal voters.. Everyone needs to get an ID.. hell I can't use my credit card without showing a picture ID.. so quit yer bitching.

Forum List

Back