ID law found discriminatory

Are you out of your fuckin' mind? My mother, like probably hundreds of thousands of other elderly people, is bed ridden. The only place to get a license (which she doesn't friggin' need) is in another town about 12 miles away.

It's not only a hardship for my mother and our family. It's a danger to her health and well-being.

She doesn't need a drivers license, just a picture id that is available at the dmv

You stupid twit. The point is that she would have to travel to get it.

and I will say it again, how many people do you think that applies to?

and that begs the question, how does she or he survive? family or friend or paid assistant I assume, does their shopping, does every single required act outside the home for them as they are not ambulatory? fine then, I am sure then they are perfectly capable of taking grandma or whomever to dmv and signing them up...

and if even that is beyond them, which maybe the case I am perfectly willing to prov die any sppt. that is required.

its always interesting to me when it comes to finding, creating or burping up some here to fore unknown right for some special interest group, the supreme effort the left will make to aggrandize them, yet here they make it appear as if they are being asked to pack their belongings and walk the Trail of Tears.....for god sakes..:rolleyes:

That is exactly why they do not like voter id.

Why do you guys spew something unproveable non sense conspiracy theory then proceed to jerk each other off by pretending the made up thing you just made up is real? :lol:

There isnt a way to cradle someones nutsack via the internet, but this is dam close.

Is there any qualification that you would impose on an entity in order to allow that entity to vote?

Human? Minimum age? Residence? Nationality?
Ideology.

Voter fraud is virtually non-existent.

The voter ID thing is just a tactic to keep African Americans from voting.

Correct.

Why and in what way does this prevent only African Americans from voting?

That’s really not the issue.

This issue is there is no evidence to support voter ID laws, as voter fraud is indeed virtually non-existent.

Yes, one has the right to vote using a provisional ballot, but that process is cumbersome, it is unknown to most voters, and the likelihood election workers will have a comprehensive knowledge of the law is problematic.

The conflict is over where to strike the balance between voter responsibility and the responsibility of every state to ensure every citizen is able to vote.

It’s incumbent upon states to remove voting hurtles, not erect new ones.
Jones thinks minorities are stupid, too.

Seems to be a common feeling among leftists.

Showing valid ID is not racist in any way. Requiring a valid ID just makes it harder for the Democrats to rig Elections. And that's all this stuff is ever about. Their Race-Baiting stuff is so old & tired. I think most Americans are sick of it though. Without the Illegals,Felons,Deceased Citizens,and Fictitious Voters,the Democrats wouldn't win very many Elections. And they know this. Requiring a valid ID just gets in the way of their fixes. It has nothing to do with 'Racism.' It's just a scam.

Yer funny.

SC is not a blue state. It's not controlled by Democrats. Conservative Republicans are in control of the apparatus of gov't. So, how exactly would Democrats rig elections, again?

In fact, there are 8 states that have strict voter ID laws. With the exception of Hawaii, all the states are red states: Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Wisconsin, SC, Tennessee, and Texas. They're all states that are Republican-controlled.
Guess it never occurred to you that the possible reason blue states are blue states is rampant vote fraud by Democrats.

I think this article sums it up rather nicely

SNIP:
Holder's Voter ID Fraud
The AG invents fears of ballot suppression. .Article Comments more in Opinion | Find New $LINKTEXTFIND$ ».Email Print Save ↓ More .
.smaller Larger

The Obama Administration's re-election mobilization continues: Witness Eric Holder's attempt to play the race card and perhaps twist the law in a campaign against voter identification laws.

In the Attorney General's telling, the movement in the states to require voters to show some ID is a revival of minority disenfranchisement a la Jim Crow. A growing number of minorities, he said in a speech last week, are now worried about "the same disparities, divisions and problems" that beset the country in 1965 and "many Americans, for the first time in their lives . . . now have reason to believe that we are failing to live up" to the promise of democracy for all.

If you haven't heard about this national crisis, perhaps that's because you don't travel in Mr. Holder's political circles. He is merely repeating the howls of groups like the NAACP and the George Soros-funded Brennan Center, which claim without evidence that voter ID laws hurt minorities.

The NAACP even petitioned the United Nations this month for a human-rights ruling on what President Benjamin Jealous called a "tidal wave of assaults on the right to vote." He meant in America, not Cuba or North Korea. The American Civil Liberties Union has sued to challenge a voter ID law in Wisconsin.

.Mr. Holder's remarks are especially notable because they come as the Justice Department is reviewing voter ID laws in Texas and South Carolina for "preclearance" under the Voting Rights Act. The states' plans require voters to present photo ID like a driver's license or passport to vote, a measure endorsed by the Commission on Federal Election Reform headed by President Jimmy Carter and former Secretary of State James Baker in 2005 to protect the integrity of the ballot.

Mr. Holder says the Civil Rights Division led by Thomas Perez will review the policies and impartially "apply the law." If that's true, Mr. Perez's job should be easy: In 2005, Justice approved a nearly identical law in Georgia. In 2008's Crawford v. Marion County Election Board, the Supreme Court likewise ruled 6-3 that an Indiana law requiring photo ID at the ballot box was constitutional.

The court's liberal lion, then-Justice John Paul Stevens, wrote for the majority that Indiana's law "is unquestionably relevant to the State's interest in protecting the integrity and reliability of the electoral process." Indiana offered free voter ID cards to all citizens, so the inconvenience of picking up an ID at the Department of Motor Vehicles wasn't an undue burden and was reasonably balanced by the state's interest in reducing fraud, Justice Stevens wrote.

That isn't good enough for Mr. Holder, who says his department's priority is to "expand the franchise." But expand it for whom, exactly? The vast majority of voters already have the necessary photo ID, which they need to get through airport security or register for a grocery-store savings card.

read the rest..
Review & Outlook: Holder's Voter ID Fraud - WSJ.com

I would hope that ANY administration, whether Democrat or Republican, would work to insure that ALL American citizens, regardless of party affiliation, or race, or age, or gender, or socioeconomic status had full and complete access to vote in any election, regardless of whether it's a local, state, or national election, and would remove any and all obstacles so that American citizens would be able to exercise their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.
I agree. And getting an ID is not an obstacle. Deal with it.

The idea of having to identify myself to authority is almost a repugnant to me as eating ear wax. Such is reminiscent of movies depicting Nazi Check Points, where heels are clicked, gloved hand extended and in that Gestapo accent papers are being demanded.

But even more ridiculous is the idea that "papers" could not counterfeited or forged, which of course they could. In fact, such business ventures have become extremely lucrative in a country populated by millions of illegals wanting to stay, not to mention criminals whose sole aim is identity theft.

If this country has its panties in a bunch over how to handle undocumented workers, we must find better means of ferreting them out. Change some of our nonsense laws, such as granting citizenship to the children of illegals. Or pass more stringent laws placing sanctions and full financial responsibility on those who hire and pay illegals under the table. When I say financial responsibility, I mean make them pay all back taxes due, including FICA. That would stop a lot of this in a New York Minute.

The primary job of Law Enforcement is to protect and serve, not stop and check. Not to mention our society has far too many racial biases to ever have that kind of latitude. In other words, no matter what some think all Muslims don't hate us nor are they wired to explode on contact. All young Black men (regardless of their attire) are not criminals, gang members or drug addicts. And not all Mexicans are illegal dope dealers. But that's how many of us think. My prejudice emerges when I see a bald headed multi-pierced tattooed young White man, I immediately think White Supremacist - my bad.

Furthermore, under the Bill of Rights, everyone is innocent until proven guilty - that doesn't mean unless we don't like them. Some very dangerous freedom robbing precedents have been set in this country, even more so after 9/11.

Our borders have always been open - North and South. Care must be taken in how we address these issues least we forever lose what makes this the greatest nation on earth - even now - and that is our freedom.
Astoundingly stupid Nazi comparisons are astoundingly stupid.

Holder is a criminal. Nothing else need be said.

This is the most corrupt I have ever seen government and the democrats cheer it on.

How many times have I heard conservatives talk about how they are primarily guided by principle?

Well, what could be more principled than supporting the rights of all eligible Americans to go to the polls and vote without placing unwarranted roadblocks in front of voters which can only serve to disenfranchise countless eligible voters?

Maybe I asked the question the wrong way. I'll try again.

What could be more IMPORTANT than supporting the rights of all eligible Americans to go to the polls and vote without placing unwarranted roadblocks in front of voters which can only serve to disenfranchise countless eligible voters?

Helping to insure victory, perhaps? Regardless of what it takes?

What could be more IMPORTANT than supporting the rights of all eligible Americans to go to the polls and vote

Stopping illegal votes from diluting the votes of eligible Americans.

You're actually wrong. Ever heard of the Blackstone formulation? : "better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer" Our justice system is guided by it. It is actually MORE important to ensure all eligible voters can their votes than it is to prevent illegal votes. Which is the opposite of what you just said. Thus you are wrong.

Its already a crime to vote twice.

There is perhaps an even simpler system. Have voters put their fingerprints on their ballots. Then - if they are casting votes under a false name in order to vote illegally, their will be proof and they can be punished. With modern technology, we ought be able to cross check a sample of ballots with all ballots cast to see if a fingerprint comes up more than once, to identify districts where illegal voting is widespread, and then all the ballots in those districts could be cross checked to find all illegal votes. At the very least the illegal votes could be tossed out and in many cases it would be possible to arrest and convict the perpetrator. Though the mere fact you are required to supply a fingerprint would be enough to deter almost all would be illegal voters. And more importantly, a small sample cross checked against all ballots would be enough to determine if illegal voting was likely to have changed the result of the election.

I find it completely implausible that illegal voting by undocumented residents is a widespread problem. Most all undocumented workers do everything they can to stay off the radar - to NOT come into contact with any government entities, whether it be getting pulled over for a traffic violation or voting in an election you have no right to vote in.

Last edited:
If they aren't going to allow IDs, they need to at least update the voter rolls.

And close the borders already so illegals will stop flooding in.

How many times have I heard conservatives talk about how they are primarily guided by principle?

Well, what could be more principled than supporting the rights of all eligible Americans to go to the polls and vote without placing unwarranted roadblocks in front of voters which can only serve to disenfranchise countless eligible voters?

What could be more IMPORTANT than supporting the rights of all eligible Americans to go to the polls and vote without placing unwarranted roadblocks in front of voters which can only serve to disenfranchise countless eligible voters?

What could be more IMPORTANT than supporting the rights of all eligible Americans to go to the polls and vote

You're actually wrong. Ever heard of the Blackstone formulation? : "better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer" Our justice system is guided by it. It is actually MORE important to ensure all eligible voters can their votes than it is to prevent illegal votes. Which is the opposite of what you just said. Thus you are wrong.

There is perhaps an even simpler system. Have voters put their fingerprints on their ballots. Then - if they are casting votes under a false name in order to vote illegally, their will be proof and they can be punished. With modern technology, we ought be able to cross check a sample of ballots with all ballots cast to see if a fingerprint comes up more than once, to identify districts where illegal voting is widespread, and then all the ballots in those districts could be cross checked to find all illegal votes. At the very least the illegal votes could be tossed out and in many cases it would be possible to arrest and convict the perpetrator. Though the mere fact you are required to supply a fingerprint would be enough to deter almost all would be illegal voters. And more importantly, a small sample cross checked against all ballots would be enough to determine if illegal voting was likely to have changed the result of the election.

I find it completely implausible that illegal voting by undocumented residents is a widespread problem. Most all undocumented workers do everything they can to stay off the radar - to NOT come into contact with any government entities, whether it be getting pulled over for a traffic violation or voting in an election you have no right to vote in.

"better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer"

Yeah, getting a photo ID is equivalent to an innocent person going to jail, dumbass. :lol:

Yeah, getting a photo ID is equivalent to an innocent person going to jail, dumbass. :lol:

Actually, it's better for libtards if ten illegitimate votes get counted just to make sure one legitimate voter be required to actually make the effort to get and ID.

How incomparably idiotic! What makes you think the "Blackstone formulation" applies to voting? If there were 10 illegal votes for every legal vote, then elections would be a farce, wouldn't they?

That's what happens when liberal turds try to commit logic. The results are always hilarious.

Here's an even simpler solution: require valid ID when voting. It works great for check cashing and collecting government benefits.

I find it completely implausible that anyone could post something as stupid as your post. Although illegals may want to stay hidden, there are thousands upon thousands of Democrat Party activists who want to use them to pad their party's vote totals. Activists will encourage illegals to participate in their illegal schemes and tell them it's perfectly legal for them to vote.

Quote: Originally Posted by OohPooPahDoo

When an admitted illegal says on national television that "we vote" and the reporter does NOTHING, I think it's pretty much a widespread problem.

End secret ballots?

Once again the democrats claim minorities are as intelligent as anyone else yet they imply they're too fucking stupid to obtain a ID and the difficulties of that are racist...

They may as well label drivers licenses "racist."

Last edited:

I didn't say it was.

I didn't say it was.

That's good, because using the "Blackstone formulation" to justify illegal voting has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Glad to hear that you're not that stupid.

How incomparably idiotic! What makes you think the "Blackstone formulation" applies to voting? If there were 10 illegal votes for every legal vote, then elections would be a farce, wouldn't they?

There aren't 10 illegal votes for every legal vote, just like there aren't 10 illegal acts for every legal one.

That's what happens when liberal turds try to commit logic. The results are always hilarious.

Your making fun of your own logic in this case. You misunderstand the Blackstone formulation. By your understanding, it means society is better off if only 1 in 11 people are law abiding - and that's not what it means. Its just plain wrong to pass a law that will prevent tens of thousands of people from legally casting a ballot in order to catch - at most - a few hundred people voting illegally.

Here's an even simpler solution: require valid ID when voting. It works great for check cashing and collecting government benefits.

I find it completely implausible that anyone could post something as stupid as your post. Although illegals may want to stay hidden, there are thousands upon thousands of Democrat Party activists who want to use them to pad their party's vote totals. Activists will encourage illegals to participate in their illegal schemes and tell them it's perfectly legal for them to vote.

Its not really a problem if they aren't actually voting in sufficient numbers to alter the outcomes of elections. and there's absolutely not evidence that they are anything close to that - despite your crystal ball predictions about what "activists" "will" do.

Last edited:
Quote: Originally Posted by OohPooPahDoo

When an admitted illegal says on national television that "we vote" and the reporter does NOTHING, I think it's pretty much a widespread problem.

Please be more vague about your reference, you've provided too much information.

End secret ballots?

Where did I suggest we post a public database of people's names with their votes? The system I suggested would certainly be more of a secret ballot than the oral voting that was conducted in the early years of our nation.

All such a system would have to do is check fingerprint against fingerprint - only then if a match on two ballots was found would it be necessary to connect fingerprint with name. What's more, illegal votes could be removed from the vote totals even if the perpetrator were never caught (their prints might not be in any system anywhere). Presently, to remove an illegal vote from the vote total requires that the perpetrator not only be caught, but that he truthfully testify as to what his vote was. If you place the goal of holding a fair election higher than the goal of punishing those who would try to make it unfair - I think this system or a similar one would be best.

Last edited:
Some of the more obtuse here seem to missing the salient points:
1. How are "tens of thousands" going to be denied the vote if they are required to present positive identification? As others have observed, they still have almost a year to obtain the required documentation.
2. Most Americans who reach the age of 18 have some type of photo ID, whether a driver's license or other state-issued ID, or school IDs required by many school districts and universities nationwide.
3. It is beneficial to both sides (libs vs. cons), both of which claim fraud on the part of the other, to ensure that each vote cast is legitimate. The only reason I can see for not requiring positive ID is that those who are undocumented are viewed as potential supporters for one side, or the other.
4. That more minorities do not recognize the implied belief that they are too stupid, lazy, incompetent, or otherwise unable to acquire the documentation required to vote.
5. Anyone that interested in having their vote count should be motivated enough to acquire whatever is necessary to do so.

I do agree that if a state should require photo ID, they should be provided at low cost to any who can produce proper documentation. $5.00 is the cost of a can of Pringles and a Coke.

Forum List

Back