Idaho loses its 'Teacher of the Year' after right-wing parents chase her out of state

Lol, not surprising. The county I grew up in in western Ohio is super Trump country. During covid they chased half the doctors out of town. Now a good percentage has to drive 40 miles for their doctor appointments. They did nit learn a damn thing from it. Add in the loss of money to the farms for Trump's tariff programs another big kick in the balls. Still learned nothing. I guess running around calling everyone a pedo is more important to them.

Link?

Like I said. If the parents were able to find her posts, then students could do the same. I agree that a person should have the right to believe whatever they want, but the parents are allowed to have a say in who teaches their kids. If the teacher likes her job, then she should keep her opinions to herself if they're going to jeopardize her job. I have to watch what I say where I work.

Be very careful: the reverse of this is horrid. I'm a Christian. I post Christian content on social media and I have that right--it's my own account. Parents/Students can find that and might be offended, and might think I'm inculcating students with it, even though I'm not.

Is this fair to do because of my Christian beliefs?

Sure. Great options, with option being the relivant word. You complain about crooks, drug users and homeless people in our largest towns, yet you believe being a parent means you are willing and capable of teaching unruly kids what they need to know. I gave you credit for more reasoning ability than that.

Yes. I know. The State does not own the children. I know that hurts you.

Like I said. If the parents were able to find her posts, then students could do the same. I agree that a person should have the right to believe whatever they want, but the parents are allowed to have a say in who teaches their kids. If the teacher likes her job, then she should keep her opinions to herself if they're going to jeopardize her job. I have to watch what I say where I work.
There's probably more to this story....it smells

Be very careful: the reverse of this is horrid. I'm a Christian. I post Christian content on social media and I have that right--it's my own account. Parents/Students can find that and might be offended, and might think I'm inculcating students with it, even though I'm not.

Is this fair to do because of my Christian beliefs?
I'm telling you right now something's missing from this story

Was there any evidence at all that this teacher was not following the school curriculum? Was she teaching subjects on CRT or homosexuality against school policy?

People are able to compartmentalize their public and professional lives you know.

Well at least intelligent people are able to.
The school system is not the only employer that punishes people for social media posting. It’s probably in the school policy prohibiting such. It is written in many employers policies.

The school system is not the only employer that punishes people for social media posting. It’s probably in the school policy prohibiting such. It is written in many employers policies.

Frankly, we don't make enough money to be told we can't have opinions on social media. We just don't.

I'm not talking about inflammatory, degrading speech or anything close to what might be hateful. If this report is true, the teacher supported BLM and CRT. Dumb, but so what? If there's no evidence she's bringing that into the classroom--no harm, no foul.

Frankly, we don't make enough money to be told we can't have opinions on social media. We just don't.

I'm not talking about inflammatory, degrading speech or anything close to what might be hateful. If this report is true, the teacher supported BLM and CRT. Dumb, but so what? If there's no evidence she's bringing that into the classroom--no harm, no foul.
Would the school system fire people for other political opinions? MAGA for instance. I have a feeling they would.

So you think it's just fine to deny the ability to move beyond abject poverty? Kids deserve a chance to survive. Why do you want to deny that?

^^^LOL! The abortion-lover wants to talk about giving kids a chance to survive.

Would the school system fire people for other political opinions? MAGA for instance. I have a feeling they would.

Um, no. They typically can't. Witness how the district isn't the issue here--it was parents hounding the teachers. Also, we don't know of teachers fired for MAGA opinions?

So you think it's just fine to deny the ability to move beyond abject poverty? Kids deserve a chance to survive. Why do you want to deny that?
Whose job is it to get folks off their asses and get them to work? Nobody is stopping anyone from pulling themselves out of poverty, but I have enough projects on my plate as it is. Unfortunately, Bidenomics is moving EVERYONE who isn't already rich towards the poverty line.

Um, no. They typically can't. Witness how the district isn't the issue here--it was parents hounding the teachers. Also, we don't know of teachers fired for MAGA opinions?
The school system can and does prohibit and punish social media posting of both teachers and students.

I'm not the one posting here during the school day...I called you out on this, which is why you come at me with personal attacks all the time. Sorry about the Butthurt, try to move on.

You cry about wanting to quit every damn day. Quit or STFU already.

Forum List

Back