Idiot rapper Kanye West finally does something I agree with.......

More African Americans need to be exposed to real history.......not the tripe spoon feed to them by Jessie and and the other race pimps. . :eusa_hand:

h_k_edgerton_5.jpg

Why is that supposed to be a revelation? Everyone knows there were Blacks who actually fought to support the south's right to enslave them. :cuckoo:

Many in the African American community are not aware of this part of their glorious past and must be educated to this reality. . :cool:

122812001.jpg

I wouldn't exactly consider it glorious. It was either shameful, stupid, or self serving depending on what lies the confederacy told them to convince them to fight.

The black confederate soldiers were fighting for their families, home, and southern way of life.

And thus should be considered black heros; right along side with Harriet Tubman and Frederick Douglas. . :thup:

The black confederate soldiers were fighting for their families, home, and southern way of life.

And thus should be considered black heros; right along side with Harriet Tubman and Frederick Douglas. . :thup:

Why would they fight to remain slaves?. They were double traitors in my opinion. Traitors to their ethnicity and traitors to the US.

Many in the African American community are not aware of this part of their glorious past and must be educated to this reality. . :cool:

122812001.jpg

I wouldn't exactly consider it glorious. It was either shameful, stupid, or self serving depending on what lies the confederacy told them to convince them to fight.
Why they were killing a lot of white soldiers:lol::lol:

Stars and bars should be treated with respect eh,well here's your respect...set it on fire then stomped into dust,there's your respect.heeheehee

History gives lie to myth of black Confederate soldiers

A racist fabrication has sprung up in the last decade: that the Confederacy had "thousands" of African- American slaves "fighting" in its armies during the Civil War.

Unfortunately, even some African-American men today have gotten conned into Putting on Confederate uniforms to play "re-enactors" in an army that fought to ensure that their ancestors would remain slaves.

There are two underlying points of this claim: first, to say that slavery wasn't so bad, because after all, the slaves themselves fought to preserve the slave South; and second, that the Confederacy wasn't really fighting for slavery. Both these notions may make some of our contemporaries feel good, but neither is historically accurate.

When one speaks of "soldiers" and "fighting" in a war, one is not talking about slaves who were taken from their masters and forced to work on military roads and other military construction projects; nor is one talking about slaves who were taken along by their masters to continue the duties of a personal valet that they performed back on the plantation. Of course, there were thousands of African-Americans forced into these situations, but they were hardly "soldiers fighting."

Another logical point against this wacky modern idea of a racially integrated Confederate army has to do with the prisoner of war issue during the Civil War. Through 1862, there was an effective exchange system of POWs between the two sides. This entirely broke down in 1863, however, because the Confederacy refused to see black Union soldiers as soldiers - they would not be exchanged, but instead were made slaves (or, as in the 1864 Fort Pillow incident, simply murdered after their surrender). At that, the United States refused to exchange any Southern POWs and the prisoner of war camps on both sides grew immensely in numbers and misery the rest of the war.

A racist fabrication has sprung up in the last decade: that the Confederacy had "thousands" of African- American slaves "fighting" in its armies during the Civil War.

Unfortunately, even some African-American men today have gotten conned into Putting on Confederate uniforms to play "re-enactors" in an army that fought to ensure that their ancestors would remain slaves.

There are two underlying points of this claim: first, to say that slavery wasn't so bad, because after all, the slaves themselves fought to preserve the slave South; and second, that the Confederacy wasn't really fighting for slavery. Both these notions may make some of our contemporaries feel good, but neither is historically accurate.

When one speaks of "soldiers" and "fighting" in a war, one is not talking about slaves who were taken from their masters and forced to work on military roads and other military construction projects; nor is one talking about slaves who were taken along by their masters to continue the duties of a personal valet that they performed back on the plantation. Of course, there were thousands of African-Americans forced into these situations, but they were hardly "soldiers fighting."

Another logical point against this wacky modern idea of a racially integrated Confederate army has to do with the prisoner of war issue during the Civil War. Through 1862, there was an effective exchange system of POWs between the two sides. This entirely broke down in 1863, however, because the Confederacy refused to see black Union soldiers as soldiers - they would not be exchanged, but instead were made slaves (or, as in the 1864 Fort Pillow incident, simply murdered after their surrender). At that, the United States refused to exchange any Southern POWs and the prisoner of war camps on both sides grew immensely in numbers and misery the rest of the war.

You know there had to be a couple of fools and uncle toms that would have gladly killed to get an approving nod from "massa". I don't believe for a minute there was thousands. There is no way thousands would be willing to fight for a system that allows your female family members to be raped while you sat there looking stupid.

As usual stupid racist whites think people are are going to fall for for their fairy tales like Columbus discovered America. They padded the rosters and took a few pictures because they know it will fool some people.

Most historians agree that the Confederate Flag represented 'States Rights' not slavery.

It's time the black community acknowledged the truth about the flag. . :cool:

BLAH BLAH BLAH...states rights....states rights. How truly bliss is ignorance, yes it was states rights....CONCERNING SLAVERY!!!! you fucking moron.

You sir are the moron.

Kanye West is selling bags and t-shirts with embossed with images of the Confederate flag at his concerts. Appearing on Los Angeles 97.1 AMP, West was asked about his use of the flag and seemed to mimic Jay-Z.

“You know the Confederate flag represented slavery in a way,” he said. “So I made the song ‘New Slaves’ (from ‘Yeezus’). I took the Confederate flag and made it my flag. It’s my flag now. Now what you going to do?”

http://www.yourblackworld.net/2013/10/black-celebrities/kanye-west-says-confederate-flag-is-my-flag-now/

Kanye West is selling bags and t-shirts with embossed with images of the Confederate flag at his concerts. Appearing on Los Angeles 97.1 AMP, West was asked about his use of the flag and seemed to mimic Jay-Z.

“You know the Confederate flag represented slavery in a way,” he said. “So I made the song ‘New Slaves’ (from ‘Yeezus’). I took the Confederate flag and made it my flag. It’s my flag now. Now what you going to do?”

Kanye West Says Confederate Flag ?Is My Flag Now? | Your Black World

I hope that every Black parent or young adult see this for the big mistake it is.

"It’s my flag now. Now what you going to do?”

They are going to laugh and say "thanks for your assistance fool". The question Kanye should be asking himself is why would he want to glorify that flag? We had a saying in the hood. "All money aint good money."

Forum List

Back