If a woman aborted my child, I would probably go ape shit. Why are the feelings of the father...

And let's not forget about instances where the man does NOT want to be a father and he insists that the woman have an abortion. I'm quite sure that happens frequently too.

Far less so now. More in the past I am sure.

Why do you say far less so now? With the rise of single motherhood, I would say probably more so now.

Because the woman has the legal recourse to force the man to support the child, whether he wants to or not.

Well that is because both people created the child. Not just one of them. If you don't want women to have an abortion, then you have to man up and help pay for the expenses of the child!

Are you conceding the fact that fatherhood begins at conception?
I don't give a shit when fatherhood begins. All I am saying is that a father gets no say in whether his child is aborted or not. He has no burden, unlimited semen, and endless numbers of women ready to spread for a diamond ring. He has lost relatively nothing.

If we are really concerned about preserving life, shouldn't we try to prevent any unwanted pregnancies? Wouldn't banning all sex prevent abortions? Why should people have the right to fuck if they may end up abusing that right? Make sex a privilege, requiring registration, licensing, testing, and pre-intercourse insurance.
:dunno:

I actually participated in a thread once where the premise was that both parties sign paperwork before consenting to sex. Lol. That kind of takes the romance and spontaneity out of things, though.

Because the woman has the legal recourse to force the man to support the child, whether he wants to or not.
Which is why most of us are arguing for a father's right to request an abortion. When the mother declines an abortion and decides to keep it, the father is free and clear of any obligation.

It SHOULD work both ways. The problem is that we have too many people trying to legislate religion, so they try to punish both parties for having sex. I think they would outlaw sex if they could.

I actually participated in a thread once where the premise was that both parties sign paperwork before consenting to sex. Lol. That kind of takes the romance and spontaneity out of things, though.
Imagine the state forcing you to carry sex insurance. :lol:

The actual fact is that men get no choice, but I'm not complaining about that, I don't think we should.

When my girlfriend told me she was pregnant, we were both happy for it, even though we were really not prepared financially for supporting a baby.

We never thought to get an abortion, and thank God for that, because my daughter is a person and I can't imagine not having her in our lives.

The whole concept that we are allowed to erase people from existence angers me, and I don't understand anyone who feels differently.

Liberals say they are compassionate towards the poor, Muslims, illegals, minorities, but all they offer the unborn baby is a painful death at an abortion mill.
Agreed. We know the Left is lying when they claim they are tolerant, by their treatment of the unborn. They are clearly heartless.

Preventing pregnancy is extremely simple, but the Left thinks it difficult.

Preventing pregnancy is extremely simple, but the Left thinks it difficult.
Authoritarians also believe it is simple. Ban sex. That is the next step.

Totalitarian government must control its population and set standards for procreation, for the alleged greater good. What appears to be "for the children" is more a slow move toward licensing and heavily regulating sexual intercourse.

I would support a law, I think, that any woman who gets an abortion must be sterilized afterwards so she cannot get pregnant again, and have the need for any further abortions.

Fair is fair.

That is retarded. Lol.
But it is fair. Once a woman has proven herself unworthy to be a mother, she should be sterlized for the good of humanity.
If we applied that logic to conservatives, y'all would be lobotomized under the law for the good of humanity.

It is ultimately the woman's choice because she is the one taking the risks and dealing with the pregnancy. I do think that if she was any kind of person, she would discuss it with the man first, but if she doesn't then she doesn't. Such is life. You, as a man, are also responsible for who you have sex with and for your actions. Don't have sex with those types of people, and you won't have to worry about it. Get to know the person before you have sex with the person.

I appreciate that you agree that the woman SHOULD respect the man's involvement and discuss it with him.
I agree with that too. So what?

The law should reflect what is right, it does not define what is right.

I know that you are too invested in the law, to see that.
Says you, because the law is not on your side. Those with the law on their side, argue the law. That's de who don't, pound the table.

So, you don't claim that the law is right, you just claim that it is on your side.

Such a stance is morally and ethnically indefensible.
LOL

No, that's your overactive imagination running amok again.

You are comparing never existing in this world and going straight to heaven to existing, abused and murdered. Huge difference.

A child in the fetal stage of their life doesn't exist in this world?

Why dont you try selling that denial BULLSHIT to those already in prison for illegally killing one.

I'm sure they would pay you top dollar.

Well what do you remember from before you were born?

Relevance?

None.

Just as I thought.

So much for your red herring / straw dog.

It is very relevant. If you were aborted you'd have never really existed. Unless you have some memory of a time before birth?

How the fuck do you abort a child that doesn't exist, leftard?

Do you really need to see pictures of aborted children to know they actually existed?

I have no memory of anything before birth, do you?

Imagine the state forcing you to carry sex insurance. :lol:

No. Lol. However, I can understand the idea of signing papers and coming to an agreement before having sex with someone. You know, like neither of us wants to have a baby right now, so if this sex results in pregnancy we agree to an abortion. Or the other way around. It sounds silly but it makes some sense in a way. Again, it would probably kill the mood though! :lol:

This all just shows me why it is important to get to know somebody before you just have sex. Sex has consequences and serious ones.

I appreciate that you agree that the woman SHOULD respect the man's involvement and discuss it with him.

Says you, because the law is not on your side. Those with the law on their side, argue the law. That's de who don't, pound the table.

So, you don't claim that the law is right, you just claim that it is on your side.

LOL

No, your complete ignoring of the idea of genetic testing as a means of identifying a FATHER, and instead citing LAW, shows that you don't care whether the law is right or wrong, just that it is on your side.

I'm surprised more lawyers don't get shot by people who's lives get fucked up by thinking like that.

A child in the fetal stage of their life doesn't exist in this world?

Why dont you try selling that denial BULLSHIT to those already in prison for illegally killing one.

I'm sure they would pay you top dollar.

Relevance?

None.

Just as I thought.

It is very relevant. If you were aborted you'd have never really existed. Unless you have some memory of a time before birth?

Do you really need to see pictures of aborted children to know they actually existed?

So? I have no memory of being a baby or of being born either. That doesn't mean anything.

And let's not forget about instances where the man does NOT want to be a father and he insists that the woman have an abortion. I'm quite sure that happens frequently too.

Why do you say far less so now? With the rise of single motherhood, I would say probably more so now.

Then fucking use birth control. This isn't rocket science.

Relevance?

None.

Just as I thought.

So? I have no memory of being a baby or of being born either. That doesn't mean anything.

It means if you were aborted you'd have no real existence. No memories, no experiences...

LOL

No, your complete ignoring of the idea of genetic testing as a means of identifying a FATHER, and instead citing LAW, shows that you don't care whether the law is right or wrong, just that it is on your side.

I'm surprised more lawyers don't get shot by people who's lives get fucked up by thinking like that.
LOL

That still doesn't make a father.

Look, this works both ways. If the father wants to keep the baby or not . . . if the mother wants to keep the baby or not . . . That is a dispute that will never be resolved. That is why you get what you get if you sleep around with people you barely know anything about I suppose. It's a great argument for monogamy. :)

Then fucking use birth control. This isn't rocket science.

My post was in response to a question on whether there is more pressure from some men to have abortions today or in the past. I posted why I thought LESS.

Try to be less bat shit crazy.

Relevance?

None.

Just as I thought.

It means if you were aborted you'd have no real existence. No memories, no experiences...

That sounds like an argument that could be used to justify murdering two and three year olds.

Care to explain why it could NOT be?

LOL

LOL

That still doesn't make a father.

Your anti-science stance is noted and held against you, lawyer.

Forum List

Back