If American flag burning okay, what about bibles and koran?

Boy Scouts are the worst offenders when it comes to flag burning.
praising who for flag burning ? The Boy Scouts ?
That's twice you've mentioned Boy Scouts. Do you have a Boy Scout fetish? Concern about proper burning of old flags by the Boy Scouts?

Because they burn flags . Therefore they would be committing a crime ,right ?
Sorry, I assumed you were intelligent and mature. My bad.

Maybe if you read the proposed Flag Protection Act of 2005, you'd have a better understanding: Flag Protection Act of 2005 - Wikipedia
The nonpartisan Congressional Research Service summarized the act as follows:

Amends the federal criminal code to revise provisions regarding desecration of the flag to prohibit: (1) destroying or damaging a U.S. flag with the primary purpose and intent to incite or produce imminent violence or a breach of the peace; (2) intentionally threatening or intimidating any person, or group of persons, by burning a U.S. flag; or (3) stealing or knowingly converting the use of a U.S. flag belonging to the United States, or belonging to another person on U.S. lands, and intentionally destroying or damaging that flag.[1]

Well Clementine you will simp!y have to let it go. Looks like patriotism blinds you. Like the rest of the people in this country, take catre of yourself. Worshipping your country isn't found in the bible.

I did not say that. My question is why are some things sacred to liberals (Muslims, Mexican flags) and some things are just unimportant things or a piece of cloth (American flag, bible)?

False premise . Where are lefties calling for laws against Mexican flag burning?
Why then do lefties PRAISE anyone burning an American flag but claim anyone burning a Mexican fag is racist? Why did Obama threaten Government arrest and prosecution when the Florida Preacher tried to burn the Koran?
Was it considered incitement to riot?
I never heard of a Bible burning, and the last Koran burning I heard of was done by soldiers in -- Afghanistan, was it? -- during the war. I never heard of anyone burning the Mexican flag, either. Maybe I'm just out of the loop.
All those things are done to get a rise out of the other side, intentionally piss them off, and such efforts should be ignored, imo. I hate to see anything like the Bible or the US flag burned, but it is only paper, or cloth, and burning it will not destroy what it stands for. Always remember that.
If anyone wants to burn the Koran, all I can think of is what happened to Charlie Hebdo after the cartoon incident. As the OP pointed out, there are radical Muslims out there who will kill you for it. Suicide by Koran? OK by me, if that's what you want to do, but why?
The OP's question isn't a bad one, except that she has screwy ideas of what the left "minds" and what they don't.
TNHarley
A few errors in your post:

1. Bibles have been burned: Military burns unsolicited Bibles sent to Afghanistan - CNN.com

2. Soldiers burned Bibles, not Qurans.

3. Fuck the terrorists. If burning a Quran or drawing a cartoon draws them out of hiding so they can be neutralized, I fully support it. Living in fear of terrorists is exactly what the terrorists want. That's why they terrorists.
Soliders in Afghanistan also burned 100 Korans in 2012, sparking protests all over Afghanistan. I remembered correctly. I don't usually know you to lie, so I assume this escaped your notice?
I'm all for identifying and neutralizing terrorists, so if you want to do so by burning Korans, I already said, Go for it. The government is using different methods that hopefully don't offend the billion or so Muslims on the planet who AREN'T radicals.

US troops 'burned 100 copies of the Koran in Afghanistan'

I did not say that. My question is why are some things sacred to liberals (Muslims, Mexican flags) and some things are just unimportant things or a piece of cloth (American flag, bible)?

False premise . Where are lefties calling for laws against Mexican flag burning?
Why then do lefties PRAISE anyone burning an American flag but claim anyone burning a Mexican fag is racist? Why did Obama threaten Government arrest and prosecution when the Florida Preacher tried to burn the Koran?
Was it considered incitement to riot?
I never heard of a Bible burning, and the last Koran burning I heard of was done by soldiers in -- Afghanistan, was it? -- during the war. I never heard of anyone burning the Mexican flag, either. Maybe I'm just out of the loop.
All those things are done to get a rise out of the other side, intentionally piss them off, and such efforts should be ignored, imo. I hate to see anything like the Bible or the US flag burned, but it is only paper, or cloth, and burning it will not destroy what it stands for. Always remember that.
If anyone wants to burn the Koran, all I can think of is what happened to Charlie Hebdo after the cartoon incident. As the OP pointed out, there are radical Muslims out there who will kill you for it. Suicide by Koran? OK by me, if that's what you want to do, but why?
The OP's question isn't a bad one, except that she has screwy ideas of what the left "minds" and what they don't.
TNHarley
A few errors in your post:

1. Bibles have been burned: Military burns unsolicited Bibles sent to Afghanistan - CNN.com

2. Soldiers burned Bibles, not Qurans.

3. Fuck the terrorists. If burning a Quran or drawing a cartoon draws them out of hiding so they can be neutralized, I fully support it. Living in fear of terrorists is exactly what the terrorists want. That's why they terrorists.
Soliders in Afghanistan also burned 100 Korans in 2012, sparking protests all over Afghanistan. I remembered correctly. I don't usually know you to lie, so I assume this escaped your notice?
I'm all for identifying and neutralizing terrorists, so if you want to do so by burning Korans, I already said, Go for it. The government is using different methods that hopefully don't offend the billion or so Muslims on the planet who AREN'T radicals.

US troops 'burned 100 copies of the Koran in Afghanistan'
You assume correctly; I didn't recall the incident. Thanks for the link.

Although I don't agree with burning Bibles, Qurans, flags and any other items intended to incite anger, like Voltaire, I defend your right to do it. It's also covered as protected speech.

The disconnect on this thread that I see is the inequality of that protected speech. At least the perception of inequality. Some of the incidents listed on this thread were comparing apples to oranges. Example, stealing a flag and burning it on someone elses property isn't Freedom of Speech. It's theft and arson.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
[

And they hang, and gut, gays.

I don't know about that.

I love Mazatlan. It is a city is Sinaloa. I spend most of my time in Mexico in Sinaloa. Things could be different in different states, but Baja is the same. There is an absolute caste system in Mexico, with whites of European descent at the top, and Indians at the bottom. Blacks are a notch above the Indians, but below the Mestizos, the mixed race. You see every Mexican president is white, those selling Chicklets in the ghetto are nearly always Indians. Mestizos are guaranteed a job and housing in Mexico, Indians are not.

Is it okay to burn a Mexican flag? A bible? A koran?

If you find it acceptable to burn the American flag, then isn't it also freedom of speech to burn those other things?

Of course, libs will immediately cry hate speech. Burning the koran will cause the deaths of many innocents and it will be the fault of those insulting them, not the murderers. It's because they don't care about the intentions of those doing the burning, only about the certain reaction of some Muslims. It's the opposite when someone burns the American flag. No matter how offended you are, you are asked to respect their right to express themselves. Why aren't Muslims expected to respect others? And since the left is aware that many Muslims here on our soil will attack over the most minor insult, why no concern about bringing more in?

Why can't you burn a Mexican flag to protest the way the Mexican government refuses to take care of it's people?

Why can't you burn a koran for the way Muslims deny women's rights?

Why is it okay to insult an entire country or all Christians, but when it comes to Hispanics or Muslims, the left calls it hate speech?

Only libs fly into a rage when they see a Confederate flag and yet say they have a right to free speech when they illegally start fires on city streets by burning the American flags. Freedom of speech is not selective. It's a right.

I'm not sure why you included the Bible. Obviously liberals are fine with burning that.

I say no, it's not "OK" to burn any of those things as it's a poor way to disrespect groups. However, all of them, including the flag, should be perfectly legal to burn. I don't equate legal with OK

They are destroying worn out flags properly. You're such an idiot. That's obviously not what the thread is about

I'm proving a point jerk ass. When ever we talk hate crime laws righties are quick to say "what they are thinking doesn't matter " . The act is the act .

Well the act of Boy Scouts burning a flag and some hippee commie burning a flag are the same . Right ?

If you find it acceptable to burn the American flag, then isn't it also freedom of speech to burn those other things?

I dont agree with the OP. We shouldnt lock people up or take their citizenship because people did something you dont like

They are destroying worn out flags properly. You're such an idiot. That's obviously not what the thread is about

I'm proving a point jerk ass. When ever we talk hate crime laws righties are quick to say "what they are thinking doesn't matter " . The act is the act .

Well the act of Boy Scouts burning a flag and some hippee commie burning a flag are the same . Right ?

You're seriously that stupid, aren't you? Boy Scouts are respecting the flag. This thread is about disrespecting it. Don't worry, it involves astrophysics, abstract algebra and rocket science to understand that. It's above your pay grade. Stick with see Spot run ...

So when you say you could kill someone, you should be thrown in jail for threats, right moron? The act is the act ...

Sir, the more you post, the clearer it becomes who is the "jerk ass".

No, properly disposing of a flag and burning it in protest are as different as night and day. The fact you don't understand this is sad. If you do understand the difference, then this makes you a troll and/or a liar.

Flag Etiquette - VFW

Well Clementine you will simp!y have to let it go. Looks like patriotism blinds you. Like the rest of the people in this country, take catre of yourself. Worshipping your country isn't found in the bible.

Where DO you get your information? :lol: There's nothing sacred about Muslims or Mexican flags. :lol:

No, properly disposing of a flag and burning it in protest are as different as night and day. The fact you don't understand this is sad. If you do understand the difference, then this makes you a troll and/or a liar.

Flag Etiquette - VFW
What annoys me are all those people flying flags on their cars and trucks and the flag is faded and shredded.

Flag Etiquette - VFW

That "difference " you speak of is exactly why it's covered by freedom of speech .

It's not the action of burning a flag, it's the motive of burning a flag that upsets people .

Forum List

Back