If American flag burning okay, what about bibles and koran?

In MANY of the situations the flag burnings are a danger to public safety and should be forcibly stopped as such.

Last night there was a minimum wage protest here in KC. 70+ arrests were made because of public safety for blocking traffic.

Its a piece of cloth.

And the koran is just paper. But watch people die if one is burned.

It's all symbolism. The flag is hated by many immigrants and leftists who want to change this country. It's okay to burn one but someone always gets pissed if you fly one. Many home owner's associations and apartment building owners ban them, often claiming they offend people.

Can't even imagine going to another country and demanding that they take their flag down or burning one in the streets. Disrespectful doesn't begin to describe it.

Well Clementine you will simp!y have to let it go. Looks like patriotism blinds you. Like the rest of the people in this country, take catre of yourself. Worshipping your country isn't found in the bible.

Well Clementine you will simp!y have to let it go. Looks like patriotism blinds you. Like the rest of the people in this country, take catre of yourself. Worshipping your country isn't found in the bible.

I did not say that. My question is why are some things sacred to liberals (Muslims, Mexican flags) and some things are just unimportant things or a piece of cloth (American flag, bible)?

I did not say that. My question is why are some things sacred to liberals (Muslims, Mexican flags) and some things are just unimportant things or a piece of cloth (American flag, bible)?

False premise . Where are lefties calling for laws against Mexican flag burning?

Is it okay to burn a Mexican flag? A bible? A koran?

If you find it acceptable to burn the American flag, then isn't it also freedom of speech to burn those other things?

Of course, libs will immediately cry hate speech. Burning the koran will cause the deaths of many innocents and it will be the fault of those insulting them, not the murderers. It's because they don't care about the intentions of those doing the burning, only about the certain reaction of some Muslims. It's the opposite when someone burns the American flag. No matter how offended you are, you are asked to respect their right to express themselves. Why aren't Muslims expected to respect others? And since the left is aware that many Muslims here on our soil will attack over the most minor insult, why no concern about bringing more in?

Why can't you burn a Mexican flag to protest the way the Mexican government refuses to take care of it's people?

Why can't you burn a koran for the way Muslims deny women's rights?

Why is it okay to insult an entire country or all Christians, but when it comes to Hispanics or Muslims, the left calls it hate speech?

Only libs fly into a rage when they see a Confederate flag and yet say they have a right to free speech when they illegally start fires on city streets by burning the American flags. Freedom of speech is not selective. It's a right.
Why yes, you can burn any of these if you own them, no matter how stupid doing such is.

False premise . Where are lefties calling for laws against Mexican flag burning?
Why then do lefties PRAISE anyone burning an American flag but claim anyone burning a Mexican fag is racist? Why did Obama threaten Government arrest and prosecution when the Florida Preacher tried to burn the Koran?

Is it okay to burn a Mexican flag? A bible? A koran?

If you find it acceptable to burn the American flag, then isn't it also freedom of speech to burn those other things?

Of course, libs will immediately cry hate speech. Burning the koran will cause the deaths of many innocents and it will be the fault of those insulting them, not the murderers. It's because they don't care about the intentions of those doing the burning, only about the certain reaction of some Muslims. It's the opposite when someone burns the American flag. No matter how offended you are, you are asked to respect their right to express themselves. Why aren't Muslims expected to respect others? And since the left is aware that many Muslims here on our soil will attack over the most minor insult, why no concern about bringing more in?

Why can't you burn a Mexican flag to protest the way the Mexican government refuses to take care of it's people?

Why can't you burn a koran for the way Muslims deny women's rights?

Why is it okay to insult an entire country or all Christians, but when it comes to Hispanics or Muslims, the left calls it hate speech?

Only libs fly into a rage when they see a Confederate flag and yet say they have a right to free speech when they illegally start fires on city streets by burning the American flags. Freedom of speech is not selective. It's a right.
Freedom of speech is not the same as freedom to not be offended. If offensive speech is not protected, then we have no freedom of speech.

Why then do lefties PRAISE anyone burning an American flag but claim anyone burning a Mexican fag is racist? Why did Obama threaten Government arrest and prosecution when the Florida Preacher tried to burn the Koran?

praising who for flag burning ? The Boy Scouts ?

Was it considered incitement to riot?
I never heard of a Bible burning, and the last Koran burning I heard of was done by soldiers in -- Afghanistan, was it? -- during the war. I never heard of anyone burning the Mexican flag, either. Maybe I'm just out of the loop.
All those things are done to get a rise out of the other side, intentionally piss them off, and such efforts should be ignored, imo. I hate to see anything like the Bible or the US flag burned, but it is only paper, or cloth, and burning it will not destroy what it stands for. Always remember that.
If anyone wants to burn the Koran, all I can think of is what happened to Charlie Hebdo after the cartoon incident. As the OP pointed out, there are radical Muslims out there who will kill you for it. Suicide by Koran? OK by me, if that's what you want to do, but why?
The OP's question isn't a bad one, except that she has screwy ideas of what the left "minds" and what they don't.
TNHarley

Was it considered incitement to riot?
I never heard of a Bible burning, and the last Koran burning I heard of was done by soldiers in -- Afghanistan, was it? -- during the war. I never heard of anyone burning the Mexican flag, either. Maybe I'm just out of the loop.
All those things are done to get a rise out of the other side, intentionally piss them off, and such efforts should be ignored, imo. I hate to see anything like the Bible or the US flag burned, but it is only paper, or cloth, and burning it will not destroy what it stands for. Always remember that.
If anyone wants to burn the Koran, all I can think of is what happened to Charlie Hebdo after the cartoon incident. As the OP pointed out, there are radical Muslims out there who will kill you for it. Suicide by Koran? OK by me, if that's what you want to do, but why?
The OP's question isn't a bad one, except that she has screwy ideas of what the left "minds" and what they don't.
TNHarley
A few errors in your post:

1. Bibles have been burned: Military burns unsolicited Bibles sent to Afghanistan - CNN.com

2. Soldiers burned Bibles, not Qurans.

3. Fuck the terrorists. If burning a Quran or drawing a cartoon draws them out of hiding so they can be neutralized, I fully support it. Living in fear of terrorists is exactly what the terrorists want. That's why they terrorists.

If American flag burning okay, what about bibles and koran?

Barry / liberals have made it perfectly clear - going after anything 'sacred' to Americans - the flag, the Bible, etc... - is ok, but 'thou shalt not offend the peaceful religion of Islam or 'slander' its followers / those who want to behead and bomb thee'.

:p

Forum List

Back