If gay marriage is legal...let's get rid of ALL legal marriage....

No harm as there is no inequality here. You are free to marry any man you want, just like anyone else.
Just like anyone else?!?! I thought your thesis would preclude me from marrying a man, i.e. me being "anyone" would be barred and therefore harmed, which you said was not true. Which is it? I'm afraid you've been hoisted on your own petard. Give up before you start to look totally foolish.
Nope. You are free to marry any women you like. She is free to marry any man she likes. Just like all the other men and women out there.
You are not free to marry another man and she is not free to marry another woman. Just like heterosexuals.
No discrimination whatsoever.

Which is the exact same logic used by opponents of interracial marriage. Since the prohibitions existed for both black and whites, there was no discrimination. The problem with that reasoning is that the basis of restriction needs to be valid as well. If you just arbitrarily say that brown eyed people can't marry blue eyed ones.....you need a reason. A rational reason, and a valid state interest being served.

And there isn't either. Just an arbitrary restriction that withholds rights from millions of people. For no particular reason.
Argument #1. Already debunked.

Nope. If you could debunk it you would have. Instead, you give us excuses why you can't.

Don't tell us. Show us. Because opponents of same sex marriage have said much the same thing until it came time to present those arguments in court. Then, things generally don't work out so well.
It's Argument #1. "Nuff said.

Wrong. Next.
I'll take that as a WIN since you obviously don't have a cogent argument to refute mine.
I dont need a logical argument. Your statement is factually wrong.
Sure you do. Elderly couples marry for company, NOT procreation. Ergo, there IS more than one purpose. Give up, please. Your mind is slipping out of all limits of rationality. You're becoming ridiculously easy to debunk.
People marry for a variety of reasons.
The state's interest is limited to one.
I've made this clear before.

If it were, then the benefits would come when the children did. Instead, benefits of marriage come regardless of children or the ability to have them. Nor is anyone required to be able to have children in order to marry in any state.

Why then would we exclude gays from marriage for their failure to meet a standard that doesn't exist and applies to no one?

Don't tell us....your answer is another one of those secret arguments that you can't actually articulate, describe, or use in any meaningful way? Um, Rabbi......your secret argument schtick is your tell.
You've already demonstrated you are incapable of understanding this point. It doesnt need to be demonstrated again.

Nope. You are free to marry any women you like. She is free to marry any man she likes. Just like all the other men and women out there.You are not free to marry another man and she is not free to marry another woman. Just like heterosexuals. No discrimination whatsoever.
Wow!!! That's straight out of "1984". You're setting limits and calling it "freedom". What's next, "War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength"?
Your non-response is noted.
Note all you want. What anyone with a brain realizes is that your arguments have been trashed at every turn for which you have no answer.
No answer needed when people are factually wrong.

So we should quit answering you. You haven't posted much that's factually true. For example that the government only has one interest in marriage, when the truth is that there ARE more reasons than one.

So we should quit answering you. You haven't posted much that's factually true. For example that the government only has one interest in marriage, when the truth is that there ARE more reasons than one.
Please list those reasons. And sources.
What sources? We're talking common knowledge to all but the prematurely senile. As stated previously, the welfare of children and the orderly division of property in event of a split up or death.

You've already demonstrated you are incapable of understanding this point. It doesnt need to be demonstrated again.
And yet you keep asking questions that have already been answered. If people don't understand your points, perhaps that's your fault. You need to use consistent logic and not just dismiss people's opinions, when you don't have a cogent response.

Please list those reasons. And sources.
What sources? We're talking common knowledge to all but the prematurely senile. As stated previously, the welfare of children and the orderly division of property in event of a split up or death.
Oh, so you have no sources, just mere assertion on your part.
That's a failure.

And yet you keep asking questions that have already been answered. If people don't understand your points, perhaps that's your fault. You need to use consistent logic and not just dismiss people's opinions, when you don't have a cogent response.
What questions have I asked?
It isnt my fault that people are stupid or unable to read and understand. Frankly I blame George Bush.

Well, since this thread started...one more state joins the modern world...well done, Alabama!
Alabama didnt do anything. Some unelected judge overturned the will of the people again. A nd the AG there is petitioning to overturn the decision.
Argument #2.

Well, since this thread started...one more state joins the modern world...well done, Alabama!
Alabama didnt do anything. Some unelected judge overturned the will of the people again. A nd the AG there is petitioning to overturn the decision.
Argument #2.
The People don't get a vote. We don't have Mob Rule here. How long before you figure that out?

Gay Marriage Scares Oklahoma Rep So Much He Proposes Banning All Marriages

If this isn't the most petulant thing I've read from the Right wing today........:lol:
Really? Why not? The Government may reject any support for "legal families". moreover social programs for these families are senseless. I am interested What would you say about Christian wedding ceremony as a religious tradition??
No problem. We got married in a Christian wedding ceremony a decade before we could marry legally. It's funny that anyone would think that getting rid of legalized marriage and going to religious weddings only would stop gay marriage.
No real Christian church or minister would support sin so i call bullshit

If this isn't the most petulant thing I've read from the Right wing today........:lol:

It's actually only logical.

I find it creepy that the state gives perks to certain sexual preferences. Why?

OK, I'm actually against all government marriage, but you don't know the answer to this question? Seriously? Not liking the answer to the question doesn't make the answer any less obvious or the asker any less clueless.

Argument #2.
The People don't get a vote. We don't have Mob Rule here. How long before you figure that out?

Actually your view is we do have mob rule here when it yields the result you want and we don't have mob rule when it doesn't, then we are a dictatorship.

Argument #2.

Actually your view is we do have mob rule here when it yields the result you want and we don't have mob rule when it doesn't, then we are a dictatorship.
No, we don't have mob rule here ever, period.

Really? Why not? The Government may reject any support for "legal families". moreover social programs for these families are senseless. I am interested What would you say about Christian wedding ceremony as a religious tradition??
No problem. We got married in a Christian wedding ceremony a decade before we could marry legally. It's funny that anyone would think that getting rid of legalized marriage and going to religious weddings only would stop gay marriage.
No real Christian church or minister would support sin so i call bullshit
You wouldn't know a real Christian if you met one, and it's very unlikely that you ever have.

No, we don't have mob rule here ever, period.
Gotcha, when the majority want what you want, it isn't mob rule, it's majority rule. When the majority don't want what you want, then it's mob rule and the job of the courts to throw it out. This is very educational.

Yeah let's unleash chaos on society! Fuck yeah!
No that isnt happening.

Mark this on your calendars everyone...

..................... I agree.

>>>>
You probably dont.
I am ridiculing your suggestions. Leaving women with no source of income on which to raise kids, especialy after perhaps they sacrificed and struggled to put their husbands through medical school etc, just isnt going to happen and isnt right anyway.
Getting government out of marriage is a bumper sticker slogan for the narco-libertarian crowd. Nothing more.

As long as government is involved with marriage then you will have to accept gay "Marriage". Can you accept that?
No. Since the people in most states voted no then it is no.

Forum List

Back