If he had had a gun, he would be alive today, hero of mass shooting should have had a gun...

This hero charged a mass public shooter and tried to stop him. If he had had a gun, he would likely be alive today. This is why gun free zones are stupid policy.....they don't stop mass shooters, and they leave good people, like this hero, unarmed in the fight against a criminal with a gun...

21-Year-Old Student Died Trying to 'Jump' on UNCC Gunman, Disarm Him

But the dumbass Libtards that ran the stupid University didn't want him to have a gun.

They also didn't want the gunman to have a gun either but like all crooks he ignored them.

Funny thing about gun control laws. The bad guys don't adhere to them.

Yes, I'd much rather see every student packing heat and turning college campuses into the OK Corral. :rolleyes:

The O.K. Corral was a gun free zone too..........and the criminals brought their guns anyway...please....read on the topic before you post....you will post with more intelligence...

Doesn't matter. Have you been on a college campus lately? No way in a million years should guns be allowed carried on campus.

Only a person who lacks logic would think that the way to lower gun violence is to arm MORE people with guns. Of course people have shown you stat after stat and you ignore it and continue to post logical fallacies to support your position.

Let me ask you a simple question. Who is at the highest risk to die from gun violence:

A woman in a gun free home or a woman in a home with guns?

we DO have guns EVERYWHERE--the most
and one of the highest murder rates in comparable countries

gun ownership:
Small_Arms_Survey_civilian_gun_ownership_by_country.png

9wi7GcB.png

And what do your charts show? Turkey, not even in the top 25 as far as gun ownership is concerned, is number 2 with homicides.

You did nothing more than prove us right, you don't need a gun to kill someone.

Here's my issue with the anti-gun crowd. As a high school teacher, let's saying there's god forbid a school shooter in my hallway. The shooter is attempting to break into my room...tell me how I should be able to protect myself and students other than waiting minutes (which is a LONG time) for the SRO to show up?

I'm not even saying we should arm teachers with guns necessarily (I'd be ok issuing tasers), but if your solution is for myself and students to be sitting ducks, don't act like you care when there's a school shooting and people die.

Yes, I'd much rather see every student packing heat and turning college campuses into the OK Corral. :rolleyes:

The O.K. Corral was a gun free zone too..........and the criminals brought their guns anyway...please....read on the topic before you post....you will post with more intelligence...

Doesn't matter. Have you been on a college campus lately? No way in a million years should guns be allowed carried on campus.

Only a person who lacks logic would think that the way to lower gun violence is to arm MORE people with guns. Of course people have shown you stat after stat and you ignore it and continue to post logical fallacies to support your position.

Let me ask you a simple question. Who is at the highest risk to die from gun violence:

If your hypothesis that more guns equals more gun related homicides...let's look more into it. According to the FBI here are the top 10 states in gun ownership (per capita, not raw numbers):

Alaska
Arkansas
Idaho
West Virginia
Wyomig
Montana
New Mexico
Alabama
North Dakota
Hawaii

Here are the top 10 states in homicides where a gun is used (per capita):

Louisiana
Missouri
Maryland
South Carolina
Michigan
Delaware
Mississippi
Georgia
Arizona
Pennsylvania

What you'll notice that there's no correlation between states with gun ownership and homicides where guns are used in the United States.

You are roughly 7 times more likely to be killed in the US than in Canada by a gun, yet Americans are 4 times are likely to own a gun. If the more guns = more homicides we should expect the correlation to be more similar.

We would also expect a large correlation between countries that have a large amount of gun ownership to homicides as well. Canada is 7th in the world for gun ownership. They are 29th in homicides.

The problem with mass shooting in the US (and there's no doubt that it is a problem), is that people don't want to look at the real problem because it makes us uncomfortable: it's our culture, our mentality, and mental health system. Gun killings are the symptom, not the underlying problem.

If your hypothesis that more guns equals more gun related homicides...let's look more into it. According to the FBI here are the top 10 states in gun ownership (per capita, not raw numbers):

Alaska
Arkansas
Idaho
West Virginia
Wyomig
Montana
New Mexico
Alabama
North Dakota
Hawaii

Louisiana
Missouri
Maryland
South Carolina
Michigan
Delaware
Mississippi
Georgia
Arizona
Pennsylvania

What you'll notice that there's no correlation between states with gun ownership and homicides where guns are used in the United States.

You are roughly 7 times more likely to be killed in the US than in Canada by a gun, yet Americans are 4 times are likely to own a gun. If the more guns = more homicides we should expect the correlation to be more similar.

We would also expect a large correlation between countries that have a large amount of gun ownership to homicides as well. Canada is 7th in the world for gun ownership. They are 29th in homicides.

The problem with mass shooting in the US (and there's no doubt that it is a problem), is that people don't want to look at the real problem because it makes us uncomfortable: it's our culture, our mentality, and mental health system. Gun killings are the symptom, not the underlying problem.

Your argument is totally flawed. You can in no way compare gun ownership and gun violence in Alaska or Wyoming to states like Delaware.

Alaska
Arkansas
Idaho
West Virginia
Wyomig
Montana
New Mexico
Alabama
North Dakota
Hawaii

Louisiana
Missouri
Maryland
South Carolina
Michigan
Delaware
Mississippi
Georgia
Arizona
Pennsylvania

Your argument is totally flawed. You can in no way compare gun ownership and gun violence in Alaska or Wyoming to states like Delaware.

The issue is either the amount of guns owned, or it's the culture of the region. By saying we can't compare Delaware t Wyoming you'e absolutely correct...however it proves my point even more that the issue isn't gun ownership but the culture of the area.

And if he didn't have a car he couldn't have gotten to the campus.......

600 million guns, one guy uses one gun illegally...and you want to ban all guns....

Are we going to have another spooge here?

He could have gotten to campus just fine without a car, but he couldn't have done a mass shooting without a gun.

If you can't ban the crazies from getting guns without banning all guns, (which seems to be what you are saying), then really, I don't have a problem with banning all guns.

Meanwhile...cars killed over 38,000 people and they kill about that many every single year, so according to your logic they need to be banned for everyone.....

Cars aren't designed to kill people... guns are.

And on that logic, to drive a car, I have to be licensed, insured, registered, have my vehicle safety checked and there are thousands of cops out there keeping an eye on it. If I want a bigger vehicle, I need a higher class of licence.

Let's regulate guns like that.

Let's not and say we didn't, retard.

Alaska
Arkansas
Idaho
West Virginia
Wyomig
Montana
New Mexico
Alabama
North Dakota
Hawaii

Louisiana
Missouri
Maryland
South Carolina
Michigan
Delaware
Mississippi
Georgia
Arizona
Pennsylvania

The issue is either the amount of guns owned, or it's the culture of the region. By saying we can't compare Delaware t Wyoming you'e absolutely correct...however it proves my point even more that the issue isn't gun ownership but the culture of the area.

You can't compare them because of population density. You could have 2 people in Wyoming that each own 250 acre ranches and each has several guns... but have little to no gun violence because they rarely have interactions with each other.

While in a state like Delaware, where some neighbors can stick their arm out the window and shake their neighbor's hand and maybe only 50% or less of the households own guns.

Alaska
Arkansas
Idaho
West Virginia
Wyomig
Montana
New Mexico
Alabama
North Dakota
Hawaii

Louisiana
Missouri
Maryland
South Carolina
Michigan
Delaware
Mississippi
Georgia
Arizona
Pennsylvania

You can't compare them because of population density. You could have 2 people in Wyoming that each own 250 acre ranches and each has several guns... but have little to no gun violence because they rarely have interactions with each other.

While in a state like Delaware, where some neighbors can stick their arm out the window and shake their neighbor's hand and maybe only 50% or less of the households own guns.

So what you're suggesting is that population density is the issue and not guns?

Alaska
Arkansas
Idaho
West Virginia
Wyomig
Montana
New Mexico
Alabama
North Dakota
Hawaii

Louisiana
Missouri
Maryland
South Carolina
Michigan
Delaware
Mississippi
Georgia
Arizona
Pennsylvania

No. I'm suggesting there are a lot of factors, and the solution isn't more guns.

Yes...had he used a rental truck instead of a gun, he could have killed more people.....the muslim terrorist in France used a rental truck killing 86 people and wounding 435...in 5 minutes of driving.....cost less to rent that truck than to by a gun too....
I wouldn't know . This was conjecture about GUNS or lack of. What any of that has to do with anything?So if we had trucks, that would counter truck attacks? If we had bombs, that would stop suicide bombers? I don't follow.

According to your logic, if guns are used in mass public shootings, therefore we need to ban gun...considering there were only 12 in 2018 with 93 killed....then since cars kill over 38,000 people every single year...notice the difference in the number of actual dead? Then according to your logic, all cars now must be banned.....if you make any attempt to be consistent....
Explain my logic.. Not too many mass murderers used cars as a weapon. But your point, we should regulate drivers and crack down on bad drivers, THAT'S bad now? Because, irresponsible or criminal misuse something might affect responsible people? Well, that's another fallacy shot down. I disagree heartily.

Because, irresponsible or criminal misuse something might affect responsible people?

You want to ban all guns for all people for the misuse of a tiny number of guns by criminals.....that is your screw up. Americans use their legal guns, some 600 million of them for legal purposes....most notably saving lives......while the criminals who cause the problem are constantly released into the public over and over and over again by the democrat party...who then, like you, call for taking guns away from people who don't use them for crime.

You need to focus on keeping repeat....repeat, gun offenders locked up...they are the ones shooting each other and close to 1,500 innocent people a year in crime......leave normal, law abiding gun owners alone.
You seem to be losing perspective here. Please don't lecture me. The guy at UNCC that died defending against the maniac with a gun, he was a trivial nobody (according to you), one of those tiny nobody losses you right off as acceptable. But now, this thread, this message says a gun would have saved him. So isn't this a rather cynical way to both minimize gun violence and milk it at the same time? Gun violence is minimal (I disagree). It's completely unnecessary and avoidable.

Wrong.....he was a hero who people like you kept from being armed to stop violent criminals like the guy who killed him.

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop violent rapists, robbers and murderers including mass public shooters.....do you realize that when good men like the man who died have their legal guns with them, they are 94% effective at stopping the shooter, and/or reducing the deaths and injuries....

Do you understand that?

If he had been allowed to carry a gun with him, he likely would be alive today.

Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events [FBI]

Of all the active shooter events there were 33 at which an armed citizen was present. Of those, Armed Citizens were successful at stopping the Active shooter 75.8% of the time (25 incidents) and were successful in reducing the loss of life in an additional 18.2% (6) of incidents. In only 2 of the 33 incidents (6.1%) was the Armed Citizen(s) not helpful in any way in stopping the active shooter or reducing the loss of life.

Thus the headline of our report that Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events.

In the 2 incidents at which the armed citizen “failed” to stop or slow the active shooter, one is the previously mentioned incident with hunters. The other is an incident in which the CCWer was shot in the back in a Las Vegas Walmart when he failed to identify that there were 2 Active Shooters involved in the attack. He neglected to identify the one that shot him in the back while he was trying to ambush the other perpetrator.

We also decided to look at the breakdown of events that took place in gun free zones and the relative death toll from events in gun free zones vs non-gun-free zones.

Of the 283 incidents in our data pool, we were unable to identify if the event took place in a gun-free zone in a large number (41%) of the events. Most of the events took place at a business, church, home, or other places at which as a rule of law it is not a gun free zone but potentially could have been declared one by the property owner. Without any information in the FBI study or any indication one way or the other from the news reports, we have indicated that event with a question mark.

If you look at all of the Active Shooter events (pie chart on the top) you see that for those which we have the information, almost twice as many took place in gun free zones than not; but realistically the vast majority of those for which we have no information (indicated as ?) are probably NOT gun free zones.

If you isolate just the events at which 8 or more people were killed the data paints a different picture (pie chart on the bottom). In these incidents, 77.8% took place in a gun-free zone suggesting that gun free zones lead to a higher death rate vs active shooter events in general

=====

One of the final metrics we thought was important to consider is the potential tendency for armed citizens to injure or kill innocent people in their attempt to “save the day.” A common point in political discussions is to point out the lack of training of most armed citizens and the decrease in safety inherent in their presence during violent encounters.

As you can see below, however, at the 33 incidents at which Armed Citizens were present, there were zero situations at which the Armed Citizen injured or killed an innocent person. It never happened.

Alaska
Arkansas
Idaho
West Virginia
Wyomig
Montana
New Mexico
Alabama
North Dakota
Hawaii

Louisiana
Missouri
Maryland
South Carolina
Michigan
Delaware
Mississippi
Georgia
Arizona
Pennsylvania

No. I'm suggesting there are a lot of factors, and the solution isn't more guns.

And yet the truth is this....as more Americans own and carry guns, our gun murder rate went down 49%, blowing your entire argument to bits....

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

No...someone who doesn't understand the research, the facts and the truth would think the way you do...someone who basis their entire argument on emotion, not truth, facts or reality.....

Only a person who lacks logic would think that the way to lower gun violence is to arm MORE people with guns.

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Alaska
Arkansas
Idaho
West Virginia
Wyomig
Montana
New Mexico
Alabama
North Dakota
Hawaii

Louisiana
Missouri
Maryland
South Carolina
Michigan
Delaware
Mississippi
Georgia
Arizona
Pennsylvania

Actually, there is one factor that leads to more gun murder.......when a city or area is controlled by the democrat party, with their policies of releasing violent gun offenders because of emotional policies that seek to use race as a justification for leniency toward the most violent gun offenders...

Analysis | The surprising way gun violence is dividing America

In the most Democratic regions, gun violence is more often committed against another, crimes that probably generate more news coverage and fear. In the most Republican areas, it is more often committed against oneself, suicides that may not attract as much attention.

------

As the below charts show, Democratic areas (measured by the party that controls the congressional district) are far more likely to experience almost all forms of malicious gun violence than Republican areas.

And yet the truth is this....as more Americans own and carry guns, our gun murder rate went down 49%, blowing your entire argument to bits....

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

You do understand that population has increased as well? The percentage of homes with guns is actually lower than it was in 1990. Also those who own a gun tend to own several guns, skewing the idea that more guns in society lowers crime rates. At one point in 2016, 3% of gun owners owned 50% of all guns in the U.S.

A Tiny Percentage of U.S. Adults Own Half the Country's Guns

Studies have shown that a woman living in a home with a gun is as high as 5 times more likely to die from gun violence. Which is in large part to intimate partner violence... and just this year the NRA tried to get Congress to not pass the

H.R. 1585, the “Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2019

Which helped protect women from partners who owned guns or were looking to purchase one.

FACT CHECK: Did the NRA Oppose Reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act in April 2019?

Forum List

Back