If it is your body & your choice why the he'll do I have to pay for the next 18 years?

I insist that men should have that choice just like women do, yes

We have a choice not to make a baby we don't want. I have one son, which is what I wanted. I don't have any others and made sure of that. It's called personal responsibility. I thought conservatives were all about that.
Don't conflate conservatism with pro-life, they aren't necessarily one and the same.

And please don't confuse that idiot with competent conservatives. Or competent pro-lifers.

You want complete control over the entire situation (pregnancy, life & death) then you should foot the entire bill.

Period

Abort your baby or I will not pay child support....got it

Or keep the baby, but I don't want it.
This

Why can a woman KILL the baby but the man is FORCED to abide by whatever decision she makes.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating fathers to drop out of their child's life. I am advocating that the responsible parties have equally say so in the outcomes of their own futures.

And my children are fully grown so leave the personal bullshit out of the thread.

Because it is not the man's body that has to carry the child. They both have a financial stake, but only she has to physically put herself at risk. The man gets no say in this because it is not his person that is on the line. If a man ever gets pregnant, then he gets a say.
If the Guy has no say,then don't ask for money,the child is half him,yet has nothing to say if it lives or dies??
That is some really fucked up logic.

Tough. If you don't want to take the chance keep it in your pants.

We have a choice not to make a baby we don't want. I have one son, which is what I wanted. I don't have any others and made sure of that. It's called personal responsibility. I thought conservatives were all about that.
This thread isn't about conservatives you stupid fuck. It is about the equal treatment of ALL men in this situation.
What you morons fail to understand is that what YOU or I would choose to do is anecdotal and fairly irrelevant to the subject as we do not speak for ALL MEN but only ourselves

Abort your baby or I will not pay child support....got it

This

Why can a woman KILL the baby but the man is FORCED to abide by whatever decision she makes.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating fathers to drop out of their child's life. I am advocating that the responsible parties have equally say so in the outcomes of their own futures.

And my children are fully grown so leave the personal bullshit out of the thread.

Because it is not the man's body that has to carry the child. They both have a financial stake, but only she has to physically put herself at risk. The man gets no say in this because it is not his person that is on the line. If a man ever gets pregnant, then he gets a say.
So ever even consider the kids right to live??

No. I don't. No one has the right to the use of the body of another without their consent, no matter what the need. If anyone does, then everyone does.
Horseshit. Infants aren't *squatters* or parasites. They are human beings created at least in part by the one that carries them. Once they're created, the manner of their creation doesn't matter, it's our responsibility to protect them. Get over it, death cultist.

A man who would refuse to support a child he made isn't a real man. Simple as that.

I get your point. You don't get mine. Neither you nor I have shredded anything. If we had the discussion would have ended.

I get your point. You believe that financial responsibility should be based on a man's ability to control a woman's body. If he can't force her to bear a child she doesn't want or force her to abort a child he doesn't want, he shouldn't have to pay.

You're simply wrong, with your entire argument based on a series of nested fallacies.

First, your basis of a man's obligation is a fallacy. You've posited that the basis is his choice. When in reality, its the existence of his child. If the child exists, his obligation exists. His consent in the birth of child is irrelevant. It has no bearing nor effect on his obligation.

Simply destroying your entire argument. Completely and utterly. But lets kick a dead horse, shall we?

Second, both the man and the woman have the same control over their own bodies. A man can choose not to carry a child to term in his body. And so can a woman. You're insisting that unless a man has control over a WOMAN'S body, he doesn't have freedom or choice. That's nonsense. He has freedom and choice over his own actions and the use of his own body.

'Freedom' isn't the authority to control someone else.
That bastardizes the very meaning of the word 'freedom'. If a man wants to choose if he will carry a child to term in his own body, he should get pregnant. But at no point does he get to make that choice for anyone else.

Killing your argument again.
Your first post is 100% wrong.

You don't get my point.

Let's try again shall we?

Just like a woman, a man should have the ability to walk away from a child prior to birth. Period.
The woman can & does this for ANY reason she wants by killing the child. I'm simply suggesting that prior to birth if the man doesn't want the child he too should be able to exercise that same decision by signing his rights away as a father. It has nothing to do with the decision the woman makes.

What's good for the goose and all that shit. Equal treatment under the law.

So let's get this straight

You got a woman pregnant. You tell her to get an abortion and she says ...NO

So you just sign your rights away and walk Scott free and the taxpayers pick up the tab?
I would never tell a woman to get an abortion idiot.
And all options don't end in abortion or taxpayer money. Only the irresponsible ones do
I don't see any situation where you can walk away from responsibility for your child
You must ignore ever single abortion then. Hypocrite

You want complete control over the entire situation (pregnancy, life & death) then you should foot the entire bill.

Period

Nope. A man and woman's obligation are always equal. If a child is born, they are both equally obligated to support it. If she aborts, neither have an obligation. Its always the same.

What you're demanding is unequal obligation. Where a woman is always responsible for every child she bears, but a man can absolve himself of all responsibility of any child he fathers.

That dog won't hunt. As the obligation is to the child. Not the other parent. If the child exists, the obligation exists.

Where do you get unequal obligation? A man is always responsible for every child he bears, and a woman can absolve herself of all responsibility of any child she conceives? Yet she decides whether the child lives or dies, she decides whether the man is a father or not, she decides whether she is a mother or not. If a man doesn't want to be a father, either financially or emotionally, that should be his choice, same as the woman. Why should women have special rights? Because you carry it for nine lousy months? Give me a break.

That's right. You don't like it, become celibate or get clipped.

Period
Republicans don't believe women have the right to decide what is good for their own bodies. How can you not know that?

I could not care less what a woman does with her body....it is the little body inside of her that I am concerned with.....once that little person is free and clear....she can do what she wants....but killing a baby......that is cold.......

Can say the same thing to the woman and forbid abortion then.

This thread isn't about conservatives you stupid fuck. It is about the equal treatment of ALL men in this situation.

All men equally have the choice to not make a baby they don't want.
Are you fucking dense or what? This is about AFTER CONCEPTION you stupid motherfucker.

And stop altering my posts

Don't help conceive and you won't be faced with the situation.

I'm not sure why you're having such a hard time with this.

Are you fucking dense or what? This is about AFTER CONCEPTION you stupid motherfucker.

Don't help conceive and you won't be faced with the situation.

I'm not sure why you're having such a hard time with this.
Why do so many of you live in the land of make believe. This is the real world where being practical is a must. Keep your pie in the sky not before marriage and all that bullshit to yourself & yours.

I get your point. You believe that financial responsibility should be based on a man's ability to control a woman's body. If he can't force her to bear a child she doesn't want or force her to abort a child he doesn't want, he shouldn't have to pay.

You're simply wrong, with your entire argument based on a series of nested fallacies.

First, your basis of a man's obligation is a fallacy. You've posited that the basis is his choice. When in reality, its the existence of his child. If the child exists, his obligation exists. His consent in the birth of child is irrelevant. It has no bearing nor effect on his obligation.

Simply destroying your entire argument. Completely and utterly. But lets kick a dead horse, shall we?

Second, both the man and the woman have the same control over their own bodies. A man can choose not to carry a child to term in his body. And so can a woman. You're insisting that unless a man has control over a WOMAN'S body, he doesn't have freedom or choice. That's nonsense. He has freedom and choice over his own actions and the use of his own body.

'Freedom' isn't the authority to control someone else.
That bastardizes the very meaning of the word 'freedom'. If a man wants to choose if he will carry a child to term in his own body, he should get pregnant. But at no point does he get to make that choice for anyone else.

Killing your argument again.
Your first post is 100% wrong.

You don't get my point.

Let's try again shall we?

Just like a woman, a man should have the ability to walk away from a child prior to birth. Period.
The woman can & does this for ANY reason she wants by killing the child. I'm simply suggesting that prior to birth if the man doesn't want the child he too should be able to exercise that same decision by signing his rights away as a father. It has nothing to do with the decision the woman makes.

What's good for the goose and all that shit. Equal treatment under the law.

So let's get this straight

You got a woman pregnant. You tell her to get an abortion and she says ...NO

So you just sign your rights away and walk Scott free and the taxpayers pick up the tab?
I would never tell a woman to get an abortion idiot.
And all options don't end in abortion or taxpayer money. Only the irresponsible ones do
I don't see any situation where you can walk away from responsibility for your child
You must ignore ever single abortion then. Hypocrite

I don't understand your point

You got a woman pregnant. Why isn't it your responsibility?

This

So ever even consider the kids right to live??

No. I don't. No one has the right to the use of the body of another without their consent, no matter what the need. If anyone does, then everyone does.
Horseshit. Infants aren't *squatters* or parasites. They are human beings created at least in part by the one that carries them. Once they're created, the manner of their creation doesn't matter, it's our responsibility to protect them. Get over it, death cultist.

Not up to you. Its up to the woman involved and no one else. If you don't like it, then don't have an abortion. But you have no more right to determine how a woman's body is to be used than I have over how your body is to be used.

one more example why fathers should be required to get a license before they can procreate

Republicans don't believe women have the right to decide what is good for their own bodies. How can you not know that?

What a stupid slogan...it makes no sense. We don't care what the woman does to her body...she can be anorexic, have anal sex with negroes, pierce her nipples and clitoris...who cares? It's the baby's body that's the issue....it has it's own heart, and lungs, liver, fingers, toes, etc. All she's doing is incubating it. When a pregnant woman is shot in the abdomen, the perp is charged with double-murder. But there's no charge for some Tiller to stab that same baby in the head and vacuum out it's brains to satisfy her wishes. That's murder too.....plain and simple.

What you morons fail to understand is that what YOU or I would choose to do is anecdotal and fairly irrelevant to the subject as we do not speak for ALL MEN but only ourselves
Why can't men be responsible adults?

Why do men want to get out of their responsibilities?

Why does the OP whine about men having responsibilites?

Forum List

Back