if not evolution

if you don't believe in evolution, then you must believe a fully formed man just appeared/etc?
is this correct?
He didn't "just appear." Some sources reveal the Logos scooped the red clay from the Euphrates and Formed the first man, and breathed into Adam's nostrils "the spirit of Man."

if you don't believe in evolution, then you must believe a fully formed man just appeared/etc?
is this correct?
He didn't "just appear." Some sources reveal the Logos scooped the red clay from the Euphrates and Formed the first man, and breathed into Adam's nostrils "the spirit of Man."
The ground was taken from all over the Earth in order for mankind to be able to subdue the entire planet.

What ding is saying is that he is trying hard to connect science and his theism.

To use and IDers language, there are many missing links in Genesis.
Jews have no problem making the connection.
And there are an over abundance of Jewish scientists.
The Bible sez creation took six days and was done.

How long did it take in your opinion?

What ding is saying is that he is trying hard to connect science and his theism.

The sun wasn't formed until the 4th day.
How long were the first 3 periods of erev (mixture) and boker (clarity)?
Suddenly we discover the importance of the original language.

another aspect is if god created man, why is the human body so imperfect?
Are you arguing that since man is not perfect there can be no God? Why?
We are told that God is perfection, yes
Your view of perfection? Or His? You're going to look pretty foolish explaining how he didn't do it right.

All I have said about God is that the solution to the first cause conundrum must have the attributes of eternal and unchanging. Trying to understand God would be like ants trying to understand humans.

Think of it this way.

In the morning, I will pull back my heavy curtains and say, "LET THERE BE LIGHT"

Now, did I just CREATE THE SUN, or did I REVEAL it to the bedroom?

No doubt that the universe is a pretty inhospitable environment for life. If the Sahara desert represents all the matter in the universe, all the life in the universe would be represented by a single grain of sand. That's how rare life is.

So if these conditions are what are required for beings that know and create to arise, why blame God at all for how inhospitable the universe is for the living.

Either the gods are the creators of all or not. There is really no such a things as a "natural consequence" because the root of all is the supernatural law-defining abilities of the gods that cobbled it together. The gods don't cause an earthquake? Yes, they established the laws of plate tectonics which describe the physical characteristics of portions of the earth’s crust which shifts and adjusts, and those elements together create shifting of landmasses we call earthquakes.

The gods don't cause a tornado? Yes, they established the laws of convection and rotation of planets, and those two elements together create swirling whirlwinds we call twisters. As the Author of All, they could have created a completely different existence-- but didn't.
There is only one Creator, Hollie. He doesn't care what you call Him. He has left us largely to our own devices. Choose wisely, but above all when you don't, don't rationalize you did.

How do you know there is only one creator?
Why would you think there were more than one?
Simple, there has to be many more than just one God. Nature does not like singularities.
No. Nature has no problem with singularities. Nature abhors a vacuum. Something will always come along to fill the void whether it be material or thought.

The force that created existence is not a committee. Maybe you are just getting confused by the Trinity. That seems to give some people problems. We both know you are just trying to confuse matters. That's what people like you do. So I guess on this subject you can assume my belief is that there is only one Creator and He cares not what you call Him. Fair enough?

Think of it this way.

In the morning, I will pull back my heavy curtains and say, "LET THERE BE LIGHT"

Now, did I just CREATE THE SUN, or did I REVEAL it to the bedroom?
What is the definition of light?
For instance, was light emitted from the Big Bang?
In fact, probably not at first.
When the cool down began, light started emerging from the dark energy.
Eventually, it cooled down enough to form stars.

Where does it say that? Hint, it doesn't
Do I really have to provide a Link?
Can you please go to any Bible site and read the beginning of Genesis?
Yes. You need to think this thru.
You are not thinking it through because it's in the Torah...and that bothers you to no end.
There are thousands of Observant Jewish Physicists who don't need you permission to understand the nature of light.
In fact, I bet you refuse to look at a Bible.

Still waiting for your answer.

The biblical story of creation ~ 6 days = 4.35 billion years

Agree?

No doubt that the universe is a pretty inhospitable environment for life. If the Sahara desert represents all the matter in the universe, all the life in the universe would be represented by a single grain of sand. That's how rare life is.

So if these conditions are what are required for beings that know and create to arise, why blame God at all for how inhospitable the universe is for the living.

Either the gods are the creators of all or not. There is really no such a things as a "natural consequence" because the root of all is the supernatural law-defining abilities of the gods that cobbled it together. The gods don't cause an earthquake? Yes, they established the laws of plate tectonics which describe the physical characteristics of portions of the earth’s crust which shifts and adjusts, and those elements together create shifting of landmasses we call earthquakes.

The gods don't cause a tornado? Yes, they established the laws of convection and rotation of planets, and those two elements together create swirling whirlwinds we call twisters. As the Author of All, they could have created a completely different existence-- but didn't.
There is only one Creator, Hollie. He doesn't care what you call Him. He has left us largely to our own devices. Choose wisely, but above all when you don't, don't rationalize you did.
why do we have to choose wisely?
To avoid the predictable surprises of course.
?????
Anytime a deviance is normalized predictable surprises will eventually occur.

How do you know there is only one creator?
Why would you think there were more than one?

Why do you think your gods are the only gods?
For starters, no other religion makes a claim of being a revealed religion and mine does.

I'm not going to go into a detailed list because we both know you'll just piss all over it in a very rude and disrespectful way and then I'll just have to inundate you with horrors associated with your religion, atheism. The militant variety.

Last edited:
I consider science my religion.
Then maybe you should stop pissing on it.

You don't know jack shit about the 1st Law of Thermodynamics and you sure as hell aren't a scientist the way you act.
It's so cool to encounter Google educated Evolutionists.
He didn't know that matter and energy could not be destroyed or created. Can you believe that? He claims he's some kind of scientist and doesn't know the first thing about the conservation of energy and matter. I bet if I told him that matter and energy were equivalent he'd argue about that.

Still waiting for your answer.

The biblical story of creation ~ 6 days = 4.35 billion years

Agree?
Perhaps more.
Which means if you pull your head out of those Kings James bad translations you'll discover is pretty much in alignment with the Torah.
But I know you hate the idea of God and won't pull your head out of it.

Forum List

Back