If part of the US broke away...would you go to war with them?

No Texas shouldn’t leave.

I’ve got an idea. New York can secede and join Canada. The West Coast can make their own hell-hole and the rest of us can be left alone.
You mean instead of leaving---KICK out NY and California along with a few other dead beats.

Kuwait was once part of Iraq and they all speak Arabic
Interesting...but that doesn't really answer the question.

If a group of states decided in free and fair elections to secede and form their own country...would you support war to bring them back?

Interesting...but that doesn't really answer the question.

If a group of states decided in free and fair elections to secede and form their own country...would you support war to bring them back?
Nope.

If they negotiated their withdrawal and division of assets and debt I would be OK with it

The problem with your proposal is that Republicans don’t accept the results of elections that they lose.
Have you forgotten about Hillary Clinton and Al Gore?

How are you going to take back military bases? You think TEXAS would allow fed overlords in the TEXAS country after escaping you nuts? And I am sorry, it is almost like you don't realize how much oil and other tax money has gone to support the nation over the years. And oh my, didn't Biden leave the terrorists a bunch of weapons in the middle east----but you think he should take away weapons in TEXAS? How very telling.
Guess what Skippy
Those bases are Federal Land and do not belong to Texas.
Ever hear of what happened at Ft Sumpter?

...to bring them back? Even if they elected their own government in free and fair election?

I've heard Democrats say for YEARS that they would. But since it is now politically detrimental to espouse that view...let's say the new country wants to join an alliance with China for protection. You still cool with that?

Ukraine was a part of Russia BEFORE it was the Soviet Union.

View attachment 615023

This is the 1914 Pre-WWI map of Russia.

-------------------

Just think about it. I expect plenty of thoughtless responses..."If you think critically...the terrorists win!".

Let's see some thoughtful ones as well...

Now do Israel.

You mean instead of leaving---KICK out NY and California along with a few other dead beats.
Yes good point. KICK them out. They can continue to make hell of themselves and we’ll build a wall and keep them out.

If folks voted to secede I think we should let them do it. No war to bring them back.

...to bring them back? Even if they elected their own government in free and fair election?

I've heard Democrats say for YEARS that they would. But since it is now politically detrimental to espouse that view...let's say the new country wants to join an alliance with China for protection. You still cool with that?

Ukraine was a part of Russia BEFORE it was the Soviet Union.

View attachment 615023

This is the 1914 Pre-WWI map of Russia.

-------------------

Just think about it. I expect plenty of thoughtless responses..."If you think critically...the terrorists win!".

Let's see some thoughtful ones as well...
I believe, personally, that secession is a natural right.

No one can force you to associate with people you don't want to associate with.

If they try, they're being a tyrant.

I saw concessions from both Hillary and Al Gore

I didn’t see them attack the Capitol
But Hillary and her lackies doesn’t still talk about how she actually won, 6 years later, even tho the Russia collusion has been proven a hoax?

The voter fraud in 2020 has not actually been proven a hoax. Maybe in a couple states. But democrats get riled up when we talk about investigations. If you were so sure there was no fraud, why don’t they sit back and let it be investigated like Trump did in 2016. Instead, if we talk about voter fraud in 2020 we are censored.

I believe, personally, that secession is a natural right.

No one can force you to associate with people you don't want to associate with.

If they try, they're being a tyrant.
How do you secede?
Do you reimburse the US for all federal land?
How do you allocate $30 trillion National Debt?
What about residents who receive SS, Federal and Military Pensions….who pays?

Forum List

Back